PDA

View Full Version : Psi Attack 3..

Q`alooaith
03-09-03, 16:15
I'm talking a new spell, not the implant.

Who would be for a Psi attack 3 spell, about tech level 75-80 Doing 75% more damage then the psi attack 2 or so..

Would want a Psi attack 3?

CkVega
03-09-03, 16:24
Maybe a range of force attack spells (like a constricting halo spell or a Smash beam spell)

jernau
03-09-03, 16:57
Is anyone really going to turn down anything? ;)

/edit - apparently so.... nutters!!!

Q`alooaith
03-09-03, 17:11
Originally posted by jernau
Is anyone really going to turn down anything? ;)

/edit - apparently so.... nutters!!!

Terible, though it's only 3 V 8...

*rembers fighting a hybrid pre nerf*

Come on, there's only one of him and ten of us, we'll kick his ass.....
*one trip to the GR later*
well, that was a shock...

anyway back on topic, I'd like to know from the people that voted no, why.

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 22:50
Hells bells, I would LOVE a PSI Attack 3... but I would vastly rather it was more like TL 85 - 90, not as low as you said... and doing something on the order of 130% more damage than PSI 2.

Remember that LOADS of ppl will have huge amounts of force resist, so it'd be a good idea to have the spell have some more oomph to it as to be more useful in general.

And guys... force damage = knockback, no? Then shouldn't be some sort of knockback added to the PSI Attack spells...

Q`alooaith
03-09-03, 22:52
yea, Psi attack's should cause as much knockback as nailguns or gat cannon at least..

Maybe a Hand of Crahn rare force damage spell..

Nullifidian
03-09-03, 22:58
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
yea, Psi attack's should cause as much knockback as nailguns or gat cannon at least..

Maybe a Hand of Crahn rare force damage spell..

Only if this Hand of Crahn spell did shit for damage should it be rare.

If it did a lot of damage it should NOT be rare. Rare users should not be guaranteed victory in combat against those who lack rares.

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 22:59
Heh, q'alooaith... read the idea novas in my sig for some neat spell ideas... including something involving force that I think will delight you :D

And yeah... why the hell isnt KK putting in knockback in psi attack spells?! practically everything else in the game with force has knockback, and many that dont have force still do knockback...

I consider PSI Attack to be telekinetic punches of a sort, hence the force... (yeah, I woulda thought PSI implied PSI damage, but... )

Woulda be interesting to see a rare force spell... I hope its not a beam type, that's just nuts. I wanna keep in line with the lance-style attack.

edit - nullifidan... lay off the power of rares... to shut you up, I mention "Fire Apocalypse" and "Wyatt Earp"

Q`alooaith
03-09-03, 23:07
Psi attack's are not lances, as lances need a clear LOS to hit the target, it's more akin to the early bolts, once you click on the target, bang it's gonna be hit, unless it runs out of range..

I'd make the rare Psi attack sorta like a halo, you know how the fire halo looks like a circle around the target, well I'd make it like that but greyish and force damage. Like a big hand crushing from all sides (think bigby's clenched fist it's abetter example of the idea of the spell)...

I'd make Psi attack 3 80-85 tops, it should be a high end spell, but not on par with rares, note, only the fire beam and the debuff spells need more than 85 psi, cepting the energy beam at 87..

If it was higher TL then it would have to be more powerfull than the energy beam by far, and on par with rares, and that not what I want it to be. I want it to be a beam level Psi attack spell, but not a beam, cause they are just flares..

I don't like your idea's nova's much, they are too pro monk, and I'm pro ballence, and some of your idea's are just unballenceing... Though some a great...

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 01:08
This was a great idea, how did it get so lost?

Anyway, Rare Psi attack spell, "Hand of Crahn" about TL105 or so, with a Fire halo type effect, but like enrgy or force looking..

Maybe a huge amount of knockback from it..

Though Psi attack's should have a fair bit of knockback anyway..

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 01:10
Evil...is...coming!

*Shudder*

mdares
10-09-03, 01:17
knockback would be fun; i use a paralance on PE just to puch stuff... apus need a "force" thing and bigsby crushing hand is a good idea for reference, both for the properties and graphix that it can have... tho if u think about it, chain casting it would be like major lag... (need to tone down the grafix a little then) (fists of fury as u push an opponent off a cliff... :D )

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 01:20
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Evil...is...coming!

*Shudder*

WTF are you talking about, I'm already here..

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 01:23
WTF are you talking about, I'm already here..

Er, no.

Just Nidhogg is on ICQ and you bumped a Thread. :p

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 01:27
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Er, no.

Just Nidhogg is on ICQ and you bumped a Thread. :p

And whats he care, or has he seen my uber axes and want them, no he can't have them, they are mine mine I tell's ya!!

anyway, thought it'd be a little light reading to get away from some of the canned pork we've got today..

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 03:43
Hmmm... what about something like the parashock halos - they flash into existence, then sink into their target...

But I propose this - make the force punch halo-thingie start OUTSIDE the target, vertically, and then coalesce while moving towards the target, then WHOOM! The target gets knocked about silly and you got your fancy force gfx.

SirSensi
10-09-03, 05:00
I posted No cos (imo) the Psi Attack Spells arent very useful... No one really uses them to begin with (well on my server at least :) )

I wouldn't mind another Rare Spell, just not a rare Psi Attack (type) Spell...

StryfeX
10-09-03, 05:36
Originally posted by SirSensi
I posted No cos (imo) the Psi Attack Spells arent very useful... No one really uses them to begin with (well on my server at least :) )

I wouldn't mind another Rare Spell, just not a rare Psi Attack (type) Spell... Why not? PSIs have a lack of useful PvP damage types. Adding force with a hefty knockback/aim distortion (think: grenade/rocket launcher effect when it hits the ground near you) would be some improvement.

--Stryfe

SirSensi
10-09-03, 06:33
I said I don't like the PSI Attack Spells... they are useless (imo) they do crap dmg and are not useful (imo) in PvP. Granted... If there was another type of spell that did the same type of thing that was originally posted then I might agree... (I'm just one guy that doesn't like the PSI Attack Modules...)

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 14:13
I said I don't like the PSI Attack Spells... they are useless (imo) they do crap dmg and are not useful (imo) in PvP. Granted... If there was another type of spell that did the same type of thing that was originally posted then I might agree... (I'm just one guy that doesn't like the PSI Attack Modules...)

Ahh but you miss there killer side..

Take a Psi attack 2 and go face another APU of equal level, see who comes out the better if he uses a energy based attack...

Psi attack's are very good monk killers, but they don't go high enough right now to be usefull once you get hold of rares, since a HL can wast an APU just as fast..

Why should we not get another psi attack because you don't care to use it? why should we be limited because you don't know any better?

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 14:31
q'alooaith.. go easy on the poor guy, he doesn't know any better.

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Heavyporker
q'alooaith.. go easy on the poor guy, he doesn't know any better.

There was nothing here...

Well people don't know any better because they don't have any high end psi attack spells, or just though them a wast of Credits..

But I'll tell ye a story of a PA3 APU, who once PKed my freind to steal his WBT hack... Well even with his HL which he killed my freind with, he'd not of had time to use it on me, as my psi attack 2 killed him in three hits.

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 21:46
Yes, and the more that monks wear the PSI PAs, the more PSi attack comes into use... it'll just take a bit of time, dude.

Though I still like the lance thingie... but yeah, prolly should become bolt-gfx or something. The beige color gotta change, that's just unappealing. Maybe black bolts, huh?! :D

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 22:20
You know them UV lights, they are sorta black, but not black..

Thats the sorta effect Psi attack's should have.. dark middle's with lighter towards the outside the bolts..

And with Psi PA, psi attack's are very usefull, since you've not got to worry about that silly force armor on the chest..

hell I can Genrep and still use my psi attack 2 which makes me deadly even when repping, as an anti monk monk...

SirSensi
11-09-03, 01:10
Ahh but you miss there killer side..

Take a Psi attack 2 and go face another APU of equal level, see who comes out the better if he uses a energy based attack...

Psi attack's are very good monk killers, but they don't go high enough right now to be usefull once you get hold of rares, since a HL can wast an APU just as fast..

I am that 'other' APU Monk that uses nrgy based weapons :eek:
I use nrgy based weapons cos I like them. :D

Why should we not get another psi attack because you don't care to use it? why should we be limited because you don't know any better?

I thought these threads were for people to post there opinion on the threads subject. Im not telling you that You cannot request the implement the new item. Im just saying that even if it did get implemented I would be one of those people that would not use it for I do not like the way they work... thats all im saying and maybe I don't know any better, so what.

I have tested on them during my leveling experince only. I haven't used them for PvP yet, so maybe I'll go buy one and try it out when I see a FA or CA around CRP. :)

Q`alooaith
11-09-03, 01:50

I have tested on them during my leveling experince only. I haven't used them for PvP yet,

Did you dissmiss posion bassed attacks purely on PvM?

I point to posion for your sake, take a toxic beam, and hit a mob with it, it'll do very little damage, then take the same attack, and plant it on a player... not much damage there either..

Now the joy's of posion are stack's ten posion beams and even running won't help, and they go right though shelters I hear..

Now Psi attacks, do force damage, and go right though shelters, doing quite a bit of damage to any monk without a deflector up.

anyway, you already said you didn't test Psi attack PvP, when this thread is bassed mainly, and talks about the PvP aspect of such a spell.. I don't make harsh comments, just funny ones, to the in crowd..

Ok back to topic, Psi attack barrel, well just like a psi attack, but a barrel..

SirSensi
11-09-03, 02:45
Okay Q`alooaith....

whatever :rolleyes:

I didnot realize that this subject was strictly PvP based, I was really high when I read it sorry :eek:
I will just leave the thread 'cos this is pointless and I seem to be taking it off subject :)

Lata

GurTjaN
11-09-03, 09:15
yup psi attack would really be nice it something apu's can kil ppu's with :)

even psi attack 2 works better on a ppu than nrg beam really try it i posted this too about psi attack too first post were like haha wtf are you talking about psi attack 2 is useless and tl 55 but l8er the SMART players came and told me its true tha psi attacks spells R good

Q`alooaith
11-09-03, 18:41
Originally posted by GurTjaN
yup psi attack would really be nice it something apu's can kil ppu's with :)

even psi attack 2 works better on a ppu than nrg beam really try it i posted this too about psi attack too first post were like haha wtf are you talking about psi attack 2 is useless and tl 55 but l8er the SMART players came and told me its true tha psi attacks spells R good

Yea, I've been using Psi attack's a bunch.. since I decided to stay in newbi MC5 for ages (till about /25 or so) and thus Psi attack's where very nice spells..

Barrels where better for beating on the base commander though..

Heavyporker
11-09-03, 22:37
I don't know if I told you this before, but about that force barrel... go to the links in my sig - in the Idea Novas.

t0tt3
11-09-03, 22:48
The biggest problem is not the dmg its the RANGE!!!!! 132 m lol im stepping on the toes of the dueler with that range ^^

make it 230 or something :D

Heavyporker
11-09-03, 23:04
well, for the TL 85/90 psi attack lance, yes, 230+ would only be appropriate, but not for "Earthquake".

Shakari
11-09-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Nullifidian
Only if this Hand of Crahn spell did shit for damage should it be rare.

If it did a lot of damage it should NOT be rare. Rare users should not be guaranteed victory in combat against those who lack rares.

guess that means we should get rid of the CS, HL FA and ROG then :) lol

rares mean lots of dmg thats why there rare :)

I think they should also do some mixed dmg spells like force + Fire (explosion) maybe the "Blast" spells should do this type???

Heavyporker
11-09-03, 23:54
Hmm... I rather like that idea... The PSI blast spells could have force as a base type in addition to the spell type (fire, energy, poison)... that'd be quite interesting, actually...

but I don't think that it'd be viable in PvP (blasts don't track their target) so it'd have to be more like the Ball type spells.

Q`alooaith
12-09-03, 02:16
Hmm... I rather like that idea... The PSI blast spells could have force as a base type in addition to the spell type (fire, energy, poison)... that'd be quite interesting, actually...

but I don't think that it'd be viable in PvP (blasts don't track their target) so it'd have to be more like the Ball type spells.

Maybe make blasts track..

Anyway.. I don't like reading your idea nova's I just like can't stand so much text..
:rolleyes:

anyway, Psi attack barrel would be normal barrel type range 50M or so...

Psi attack 3 is def needed and so is a psi attack rare, but psi attack 3 def..

New effect for Psi attack should be like energy lance, but with inverted colours..

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 02:48
Why hate my idea novas?! I think they're brilliant pieces of literature! Plus there's so many APU spell ideas in there!

I think I practically pioneered the 4seat hover car, the vampire spell, the force-damage barrel, and more, so much more.

edit - wait, that gives me an idea, Q'alooaith... what about lance-gfx, but with ONLY the beige glow around the bolt? It'd be really, really spooky to have invisible bolts with auroras around it hitting you.

Q`alooaith
12-09-03, 14:01
edit - wait, that gives me an idea, Q'alooaith... what about lance-gfx, but with ONLY the beige glow around the bolt? It'd be really, really spooky to have invisible bolts with auroras around it hitting you.

Maybe do that for Leach life spells. should be a leach life beam, or thread joining the person your leaching and yourself, so good if you want to live, but it's also a arrow pointing the way to you..

Like energy bolt, but go into MS pait or any other, and invert the colours of it, so it's middle is dark and gets lighter towards the outside.. Like a UV light, could look cool...

Goes to edit a pic to show what he means..

Ok, here the poorly and quickly rushed pic.. note I don't keep my old psi spells, so I didn't have a lance to do from, and I just did a very quick job of it..

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 21:33
what picture?

Q`alooaith
13-09-03, 13:35
what picture?

I did post a pic, though it might have been removed because post time meant it had to be double post I do belive..

Anyway, black middle, getting lighter outwards, just invert the colours of a energy lance to see what I mean.. Looks nice..

anyway, if someone stealth edited my post, go find somthing tall and pointy and have a seat..
Or
I might have forgotten to edit it properly, but then my edit remark would not have come up..
Or
Pic got changed and some kindly mod removed it before I got in trouble..

In any case, where's my PM.

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 18:54
Hmm.. leech life spell could have that red raygun beam effect :D

the black-center, silver aurora effect you described sounds rather cool for the telekinetic psi-attack spells.

Q`alooaith
13-09-03, 21:25
Hmm.. leech life spell could have that red raygun beam effect :D

the black-center, silver aurora effect you described sounds rather cool for the telekinetic psi-attack spells.

Maybe just totaly rip off the raygun effects for leach life..

Though I'd use both red and blue effects mixed in, so you'd get a beam you can tell appart from a raygun..

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 00:00
uhh... most rayguns have PURPLE beams... only reeza's gaze/doy rifle has the red raygun effect... plus, mixing both red and blue gives you purple! o_O

so for a spell effect, the red raygun effects works reasonably well for the leechlife.

Q`alooaith
14-09-03, 00:09
uhh... most rayguns have PURPLE beams... only reeza's gaze/doy rifle has the red raygun effect... plus, mixing both red and blue gives you purple! o_O

so for a spell effect, the red raygun effects works reasonably well for the leechlife.

Not mix the two colours like that stupid.. lol...

take the red raygun effect, then place the blue raygun effect on too, so two diffrent effects, so you have red and blude streams going to the target..

lol...

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 02:18
erm... that seems a little wierd.

maybe save ourselve the trouble and have rainbows sprinkle all over the land every time an APU leeches life :rolleyes:
:)

:lol:

Q`alooaith
14-09-03, 15:04
erm... that seems a little wierd.

maybe save ourselve the trouble and have rainbows sprinkle all over the land every time an APU leeches life :rolleyes:
:)

:lol:

No no no...

It'd be realy easy to do..

You have it fire double barrel or somthing, one barrel Red Ray's the other blue.. So people know it's not a raygun, but a leach life..

So most ppl seam to want Psi attack 3 and maybe more would want a rare psi attack...