PDA

View Full Version : if they bring back dynamic items i got a good idea.

Shujin
03-09-03, 10:36
im gonna make a shop ;D

ill setup tables around the entrance and put stuff on top of tables so people cant jump into apt. and i can still get behind them from gr'in to the apt.

but try to make just enuf space to see the person or at least b able to open trade ;]
its gonna b kewl ;]

they are supposed to b add'in them back arent they? ;[ my apts r full of them now but i like it ;D as long as they allow u to buy the removal tool it should b fine ;/

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 10:42
That's an excellent idea Shujin....

In fact, I have an apt that should be PERFECT for this purpose (no its not plaza level 3 or via rosso level 3).

You know, you can just tag the GR of your "shop" so you don't even have to bother going into the door itself?

I wonder if we would be allowed dynamic USABLE cabinets....

I tried to be a merchant lately, but its a TAD of an hassle runnig back and forth to the meeting place that I set up in Plaza 4 restaurant... but with this, I think I will have a real go again.

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 12:02
hmz :/ lol

jernau
03-09-03, 12:16
Make sure you put the barricade past the spawn point or /set reset-position will hop them over it.

Duder
03-09-03, 12:17
Id try to make a bar or something...meh!

SilentGravity
03-09-03, 12:22
Items decay after X amount of time, though iv found that if you leave your appartment it will "freeze". I have left my apt for days and I come back and I find crap I left on the floor along time ago still on the floor.

jernau
03-09-03, 12:29
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Items decay after X amount of time, though iv found that if you leave your appartment it will "freeze". I have left my apt for days and I come back and I find crap I left on the floor along time ago still on the floor.

This only works in some places from what I've seen. Items in TH apts seem to last way longer than in Plaza and VR apts too.

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 12:31
Hmmm... where are the spawn points for apt levels?

I hope its not far past the elevator lift doors, because that's whack.

Perhaps we should lobby to make the spawn points IN the lift, not past it, so ppl can't exploit it or something.

Wannabe
03-09-03, 12:35
OT: Shujin, love you sig picture :D

On topic: Dunno when dynamic items will be returned in-game, but having a own shop (like was hyped back then) would be great.

I also have some ideas to decorate my apartment with benches etc. and have to love a GM's apartment which I saw when the dynamic items were in-game.

*sigh* bring em back KK :(

// Wannabe

jernau
03-09-03, 12:36
Just log off in the apt, wait 60 secs and log back in - you are now at the spawn point. Usually they are half way from the lift doors to the locked door.

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 12:42
Crap... that means I gotta figure out again how much space the dynamic objects will take up.

Originally I planned to sort of make a halfcircle around the lift. with the base facing the customer, and he would have enough space to move away from the doors.

But if what you say is true (halfway point), then I might have to turn it so the halfcircle's base faces MY apt door...

Plus I have to figure out how to make it so they can't just jump around past the barricade... trees might be the key...

But Pepper Park Merchants have it somewhat easier... if they buy a "large" pepper park apt, they got a WINDOW by their apt door looking into the corridor. Though it seems KK closed off that window :(

Guys, should we petition KK to open up that window again, so people can trade through it without the Apt owner needing to open the door?

Yes, I heard that KK closed it because people could squirt drones and AoE rounds through it and kill the owner, but perhaps by tightening the window's clipping border, they could stop the drones getting in, and people could still hand stuff through it...

Shujin
03-09-03, 13:50
well my via 3 apt has kewl stuff thru it ;p if i woulda thought of this when tehy were around i would have done it,

i turned the center area where the cabs are into a lil work area ;] i made a nice desk out of 3 of desks and a bunch of chairs around it, and then lil behind it is a tree to make it look nice ;] ill get a screeny

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 00:38
shujin, you realize that level 3 via rosso apts would most likely suck as safe shops? If you just spruce up the central atrium, then you will have problems going out of there to open the door... then there's the security issues...

plaza level 3s, however, with their long corridors, have some promise...

but I'm planning on using some unconventional apts... oh, yes, it will be fun.

Mumblyfish
04-09-03, 01:19
Sigh... this is what I wanted my Outzone Cell (P3) for. Set up a desk, a few chairs (lobby should be big enough), and have someone working with the boxes in the back.

:(

BRING THE BUGGERS BACK!