PDA

View Full Version : The 100k solution for KK

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 09:28
Every1 knows how it goes when u lose something ive heard it soo much by now even when u lose a 5 slotted cs or the rarest thing in the game the gm's just gonna give you 100k :/

Any1 knows a better solution for this i mean Gm's must be able to spawn guns in front of them or in their backpack so they can return it to a player ?

On the other side i know that players could exploit this and say ive lost a 2 slotted cs and get one thats another prob guess this will never work...

any ideas ?

Pill
03-09-03, 09:30
You just answered your own question.

Fez
03-09-03, 09:32
Well the should be able to track all items as to were they go and come from then when an item is lost then can simple look at the log files and tell that it really lost, you know like other online games do.....

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 09:37
Yea the log thing should be the best i mean they just have to have something to be sure the player really got that weapon before they lost it but do you really think they make a log of that ?

it would be the best if kk just starts giving away rare weapons than i wouldnt be good ppl would exploit it i guess the log thing is the best but i wander if something like that already exists

Al3X
03-09-03, 09:38
well i log file would help a log file loggin everything would help a lot. but it would take a hell of serverspace and they can never log everything... (maybe just a log for the last week?)

note: the reason gm's dont spawn weapons are because the quality of the guns would be too high....

Crest
03-09-03, 10:28
Every Item should have a unique indentifier.

What I mean is, if you buy 100 galing clips, they all have the same indeitier thats why they stack up, so Gatling ammo is identifier GA and you have 100*GA

With weapons this is different, cause each weapon must have a uniques identifier. This is why they dont stack up on top of each other.

You tell the GM I had a 5 slot CS, which was lost 2 days ago, the last time I remeber usong it was 9H20 pm on friday.

He goes to the char backups from Thursday, gets the unique Identifier, then searches the database for who has it.

Can then ask how that person aquired it, and if it seems an exploit of some kind he then returns it to the owner.

Of course if the is enough proof of the item being sold, like the new owners account had 18mill cr and now 10mill, then doing some thinking and wham seems like there was a sale....

So there is still only 1 item but the details behind it is more apparent

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 11:10
cool never knew that thx :)

Forseti
03-09-03, 11:40
Originally posted by Al3X
note: the reason gm's dont spawn weapons are because the quality of the guns would be too high....
Gm's can set the quality of the weapons before they spawn it. So they choose from a full artifact or a crappy one that will fall in 5 pieces when you fire it once. ;)

And as long as there is no 100% safe way to log everything, and keep track of every item in this game, the 100K compensation will remain.

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 11:49
ok that answers my question

ThX

GreetZ GurT

Breschau
03-09-03, 11:51
Basically you need to be able to check:

Whether the character had the item they claim.

Whether that item still exists in the game somewhere.

If not, what are the logs of how it was lost (as I understand it, the possibilities are: sold to vendor, disappeared due to being on the ground and its timer ran out, bug).

Once you have a means of doing that (unique ID + logs of when items are gained and lost, and means of checking past images of the character) it shouldn't be easily exploitable.

It has however been said (by Odin I think) that this isn't as easy for KK as it sounds. So don't hold your breath.

If need be, limit it to only certain items (eg, rares) and keep the monetary compensation for less significant items.

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 12:06
hey forseti can you tell if after DoY or when u guys get time on your hands ur gonna work on this so u can have a good log and return the players items ?

or even better do u have idea on how 2 fix these bugs ?

Vampire222
03-09-03, 12:59
look, if they did give u new items, and youd lose ur 1 slot paineaser. i bet youd mail em saying you lost your 4 slot paineaser... just too hard to check it all for em

Carbonite
03-09-03, 13:20
the gm's just gonna give you 100k :/

let me just clear this out... KK (helpdesk) gives you a refund on 100K
The GM delivers it
Were not the ones that decide what you get....

Original monk
03-09-03, 13:24
Ty for lettin me remember all the multislotter (+4) rares i lost from the beginnin of retail til now :/ and loads off even more valuable stuff yust by the lame ass bugs.

And yeah they told me i could get 100k but i didnt get it, and would of refuse it even. I know, the onces that dont honour the small things in life will never enjoy the big things in life, but havin all the big things in life and fallin back to the small things isnt fun either :/

Forseti
03-09-03, 13:37
Originally posted by GurTjaN
hey forseti can you tell if after DoY or when u guys get time on your hands ur gonna work on this so u can have a good log and return the players items ?

or even better do u have idea on how 2 fix these bugs ?
Erm, how would I know. I'm not a KK employee. :)

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 13:41
i know original ( je kent me wel ik ben ubersoldat van INC oh ja en pinky )

I myself lost 22 techs due to a bug too and more stuff luckily i didnt have much problems with it but i heard alot of other ppl coomplainig about it i hope the Gm's can work this out and think of a better idea or just a way to log all the things like the players should respond in the last 12 hours cuz the if the log only logs the last 12 hours and if he was late than its his own problem but i dont know how it works with the log system maybe it isnt even possible i dunn0 !

anywayz looks like KK had its handfull of DoY so mayB in the future there can be done something on this bugs ?

sry orginal i had to let you remember those bad days but hey it had to come up mayB if we post later again (after DoY or something on Kk might be able to do something bout it :)

Al3X
03-09-03, 14:18
in the first months i started to play neocron i had an app full off valuable stuff, but the day after new year i logged on and discovered that i couldnt get my hover from the vehicle station,
so i relogged.. nothing happened... so i went to my app (cause my keys are in there) but i couldnt get inside it... my app complete "disapeared".... i mailed kk and someone came to refund the costs (a fair price which covered all the costs)...
lost month i lost my sf due to a bug after i died (item looked like a comp 10, but it was my sf chip) i went to crytons and sold my loot. but i didnt knew i was selling my sf... mailed kk but they only wanted to refund 100k....
after i questioned why they only wanted to refund 100k i received the answer that this was a new policy...

its a shame some people cant be trusted... the "good" suffer under the "bad" like this :/

Originally posted by Vampire222
look, if they did give u new items, and youd lose ur 1 slot paineaser. i bet youd mail em saying you lost your 4 slot paineaser
dont forget that not everyone is like that..

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 14:24
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by AL3X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agreed...

jernau
03-09-03, 14:24

Many are though. We have them to thank for the "100K compensation" not KK.

Al3X
03-09-03, 14:26
Originally posted by jernau
Many are though. We have them to thank for the "100K compensation" not KK.

im not blaming kk, i blame some ppl of the community

jernau
03-09-03, 14:28
im not blaming kk, i blame some ppl of the community

OK, I was just clarifying :).

t0tt3
03-09-03, 21:58
Why not just give us 1337 Cr or something :rolleyes:

Come on... 100 k thats like eeeeh 1 min work or something just kill 5 wbs and you got that amount....

well the only player that has any use for 100k is a newbie. Hardcore players that has all artifact spells/weapons dont care about 100 k its hey here you go noob :p

SigmaDraconis
03-09-03, 22:04
While i would have to say cahs compesnsation is th eonly way to go because of exploiting etc..

100k????!?!?!?!?!?????????????

nc = yen u know..because of japans superinflated economy without the rescaling of their currency a yen is like what a 10th a of a penny? 100k is like giving someone a 10 dollar bill after someone runs over their new dodge viper in a semi truck o.0

KimmyG
03-09-03, 22:09
Be gratefull for 100k most places offer only there sympathy's

Lethal Virus
03-09-03, 22:14
Also GM's cannot to Item Replacements or give money incase of lost items. Helpdesk must be notified first, the Helpdesk will tell the GMs what to give in return. :rolleyes:

Althought I have seen GMs exchange epic items such as the Speed Gun to one that is artifact is the one you got isn't.

SigmaDraconis
03-09-03, 22:14
im not..i lost several things right b4 i rerolled...i didt even bother with contacting a GM..its pointless 100k is NOTHING...3 slot artifact moonie 2 VK's and some random implant disapeared as they were placed in a cabinet...the combined value was WELL over 100k..

100k is...hmm i cant think of anything a non lowbie can buy with 100k some armour or ammo maybe...hell even 100k is crap when buying armour..2-3 peices for most classes. Its quite sad..300k can atleast get u 1 tech part closer to replacing that CS/etc that u lost..ok maybe not..considering they go for 4-700k

hivemind
03-09-03, 23:57
I was just talking with some friends about this Monday night.

What I don't get is, we all pay to play the damn game. If someone says they lost something, whether or not they really did, just give them a damn replacement. Who cares? The customer remains happy, and it doesn't cost KK anything to give someone some ones and zeros. And over time a pattern will begin to emerge of people who abuse the system, and you can cut those people off.

It's not like Neocron has some uber-balanced player driven economy anyway. I mean, no mechanic or exploit yet has completely broken the economy, including stacks of illegal slotenhancers, duped rares, and the research-barter-construct-barter chain. Who the hell cares if a couple people get over and score a rare they didn't really have after a crash? I guarantee that there'll be more happy people than mad.

Roc-a-fella
04-09-03, 00:13
i died in game and someone hacked my belt and took my stamina booster am i qualified for 100k?

Judge
04-09-03, 00:22
No because you lost that stam booster due to a feature taht was implemented in the game, not a bug.

Ren
04-09-03, 00:48
@ the start people were trusted and given what they needed and what they said they had lost.... thats changed, with retial has entered cheaters/hackers/exploiters... if only people played the game for what it is, no fucking about just enjoy it then we would still have this process........

blame the liars and the cheats

ps. if it dont make sense, tough... i'm drunk

jernau
04-09-03, 01:56
Originally posted by hivemind
I was just talking with some friends about this Monday night.

What I don't get is, we all pay to play the damn game. If someone says they lost something, whether or not they really did, just give them a damn replacement. Who cares? The customer remains happy, and it doesn't cost KK anything to give someone some ones and zeros. And over time a pattern will begin to emerge of people who abuse the system, and you can cut those people off.

It's not like Neocron has some uber-balanced player driven economy anyway. I mean, no mechanic or exploit yet has completely broken the economy, including stacks of illegal slotenhancers, duped rares, and the research-barter-construct-barter chain. Who the hell cares if a couple people get over and score a rare they didn't really have after a crash? I guarantee that there'll be more happy people than mad.

I'd leave the day they made that SOP. No way am I happy to work for days to get something so I can keep up with cheats who took minutes to get it. If I wanted that shit I'd play Diablow.

CryptoChronic
04-09-03, 01:56
Originally posted by Fez
Well the should be able to track all items as to were they go and come from then when an item is lost then can simple look at the log files and tell that it really lost, you know like other online games do.....

:p

they really should... or would it be too much for there servers ... u know the 1's that martin runs in his moms bacement

hivemind
04-09-03, 02:00
I'd leave the day they made that SOP. No way am I happy to work for days to get something so I can keep up with cheats who took minutes to get it. If I wanted that shit I'd play Diablow.
Sure, whatever. There's dozens of people who have already left because they lost everything and were offered 100k for it as compensation.

Obviously what the system is now ain't working. So a change needs to be made.

Lathuc
04-09-03, 02:26
how about just fixing the bugs? 8| anyone thaught of that one? :rolleyes:

jernau
04-09-03, 02:33
Sure, whatever. There's dozens of people who have already left because they lost everything and were offered 100k for it as compensation.

Obviously what the system is now ain't working. So a change needs to be made.

A change - Yes
That change - No

Unfortunately it needs to be a DB change. I doubt anything can be done till they dump MySQL and get a real DB. Last we heard this was in progress but they had "issues".

Therefore, until they migrate the DB, we can't even hope for an idea of when a change might happen. You can live with it or quit, there are no other options really. Tantrums won't help anyone.

I've lost HUGE amounts of stuff personally. I ranted about it too the first few times but now I know it's not worth it - I just file the report, scream a few times IRL and get on with trying to earn it all back again. Maybe one day I'll lose so much I leave but looking back on how much I already lost I don't know what that would take tbh.

jernau
04-09-03, 02:39
Originally posted by Lathuc
how about just fixing the bugs? 8| anyone thaught of that one? :rolleyes:

No-one told you about /set bugs=0 ?

:rolleyes:

/edit - shite, double post - sorry.

Helen Angilley
04-09-03, 02:40
Originally posted by jernau
No-one told you about /set bugs=0 ?

:rolleyes:

/edit - shite, double post - sorry.

Shush, you'll be labelled "a fucking worthless bitch" for pointing that out. :p

Delloda
04-09-03, 03:41
after the server maintainence reset a few days ago my monk PA3 turned into a useless monk PA4. :wtf:

well its probably worth more than 100k so i'll keep it. :p

hivemind
04-09-03, 03:58
You can live with it or quit, there are no other options really. Tantrums won't help anyone.
Hey, you're the one crying "ONOZ I'LL QUIT!!!!111" not me...

jernau
04-09-03, 10:57
Hey, you're the one crying "ONOZ I'LL QUIT!!!!111" not me...

Where?

I said that I was annoyed the first few times it happened (nearly a year ago now) and that if I couldn't even be bothered to bitch about it anymore let alone leave.

PaulVinten
04-09-03, 11:52
well i log file would help a log file loggin everything would help a lot. but it would take a hell of serverspace and they can never log everything... (maybe just a log for the last week?)

GM's can actually set the quality of spawned guns, I'm sure of it. If they can't, it's just cos it's not implemented in their tools, and would take 5 mins to do.

Anyway, the reason they don't spawn stuff is people are lying, stealing stupid MOFO's who say they lost a 5 slot pain easer, when really the just lost a 0 slot Archer companion rifle.

Crest
04-09-03, 12:03
No guts don't lie, Just last week I lost my artifact 5 slotter CS, 2 Herc Chips, A SA Chip, hmm what else do I need, u,.

Oh yeah a Doomie (4 slotter) My 5 slot articfact ummm rare gun....

Hey why cant the GM's re-spawn it for me.

Another thin, since res- killing is only frowned upon but not an exploit

Words once expressed were
You can kill other runners
You can Rezz other runners
Your can kill and rezz other runners

Sometimes you loose things not because you are bugged but because you are stupid enough to stand AFK in outzone section 4 .... for what ever reason.

Hey I dont make the rules, I only abide by them.
Sure 100k is not the cost of replacing a 5 slot CS, but then given the number of claims GM's get for 5 slot items, hey we would all have a 5 slotter.

Sure there are bugs like the everything in inv is screwed bug, and I cant tell whats a medi and whats a 5 slot CS, but then just relog.

Hey, you guys this is such a conflict. Cause if GM's re-spawned oitems, and the guy who lost it was a friend , guess what gets said,

If they respawn items then everyone who is not honest will show how honest they can be. If they dont then thread like this start saying you must.

Sometimes Rare items are well.......rare, If you loose it then I do feel, and if it is a bug then I feel more, but you can't go spawning 5 slotters all the time, it makes no sense cause then we might as well buy a 5 sloters from Hews and get 100k from the GM's to replace.....

PS. this is a game, and well its the way the game plays ...live with it

GurTjaN
04-09-03, 12:03
i agree tha t100k is shitty but like i said before the Gm's explained why they cant just give ppl all the stuff they say they had and al3x says is true too

i just hope they find a good cure for this in the future now theres little there can be done bout it

imagine if the gm's would give all the weopons the ppl say they had lost than the gm's would have to trust the runnners with it cuz the log file isnt complete well i cant imagine that any1 in the game wouldnt exploit of this

p.s. not me ofcourse :P
:lol:

jernau
04-09-03, 12:06
Originally posted by PaulVinten
GM's can actually set the quality of spawned guns, I'm sure of it. If they can't, it's just cos it's not implemented in their tools, and would take 5 mins to do.

Originally posted by Forseti
Gm's can set the quality of the weapons before they spawn it. So they choose from a full artifact or a crappy one that will fall in 5 pieces when you fire it once. ;)

;)

Nidhogg
04-09-03, 13:29
To clarify further, only one GM per server, the so-called ISW (and KK of course) can spawn anything, even money. So if the ISS GM you're dealing with gets the ok to give you something back he has to get it from an ISW and then give it to you.

N

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 14:01
Maybe change it to a policy of giving cool one-slotter weapon replacement, so its SOMETHING, right?

So people would still have a weapon(s) of the type they lost, but they can't abuse it ( much :rolleyes: ) because the policy would have a solid "Only 1-slot cool weapon replacement of the same type" ? (Would that be mild enough to retain you jernau? ;) )

Now, tech parts or implants are reasonably reobtainable enough that it'd be out of the question to have the lead GM whoisis replace them (harsh, but it's a fair point)

Losses of full apts would have to be looked after. Why not have someone else than the coders do that (including for rollbacks). I would think, what with all the complaints, the time spent to bring up the helpdesk database checker up to speed about that, then it'd be a huge difference, methinks... Yes, strict guidelines would have to be in place.

Plus the loss reports would have to be logged, so people couldn't just march up to a GM every once a week and say they lost this or that.

Does that sound reasonable? It sounds to me that NO ONE is happy about only obtaining 100k as a replacement for million-dollar-plus losses.

Nixon
04-09-03, 14:13
Originally posted by Forseti

Ooh so this is how my old CS was made :}

120% all stats with 3/3 slots filled with ammo mods.

And someone from KK told me here that i'd get banned
right away if i had this gun on my account and i wasn't
even sure was it hacked or just uber lucky.. My friend
ganked it in completely 'legit' way from a Cold Steel
Mercenaries member at CRP somewhere back in 2002.

Carbonite
04-09-03, 18:46
My friendg anked it in completely 'legit' way from a Cold Steel Mercenaries member at CRP somewhere back in 2002

Because you "ganked" it of someone dosnt make it legal to have it (if the weapon are clearly not Player Made).

CRAIG DIGGERS
04-09-03, 19:45
If i lose a drone i get 100K aswell ?
The drone had 5 slots:p