PDA

View Full Version : WTF LE + SoulCluster = PKer ?

enablerbr
03-09-03, 06:30
since when did using a soulcluster and LE equal PKer.
i was lvling at the bunker on uranus with my new PPU. 1st time i've ever played with any sort of monk. all of a sudden my sl drops from 90 to -5 plus all the faction nonsense that goes with it.
now i wasn't teamed ( due to i don't like teaming). as i can't kill (least not before this event) with an LE in.

would someone like to explain to me how this happened. how long as it been going on for?

Kasumi
03-09-03, 06:35
Hrmm.. last i heard soul clusters are considered mobs that are aligned with your faction and allies.. so like any hostile mob.. it attack its enemies reguardless.. with LE or without.. sometimes that is ;) Somone also could of been standing in front of the Soulcluster.. and once it fired it hit him instead of what it was attaccking.. both senarios are possible :)

enablerbr
03-09-03, 06:37
LOL. so much for the PvP prevention. i should make the most of this event and complete the CM epic.

/me runs to PP1 with LE + soulcluster.

kurai
03-09-03, 06:48
There are a few problems with soulclusters & LE use.

The soulcluster *is* targettable by others, and if attacked (deliberately or otherwise) it may shift it's attack focus to them.

It will also occasionally attack enemy faction runners unprovoked.

If they subsequently die the SoulLight system as it stands takes no account of proportionality, so you will get the same soul-light hit if it did 1% of the damage or 100% of the damage.

The problem lies with the fact that the soulcluster doesn't have the LE mechanics properly applied to it, rather than a problem with the LE'd runner himself.

enablerbr
03-09-03, 06:55
well it does seem pointless not fixing this LE use part of it's code.
either KK wants people to kill with LE in or not.

Cyphor
03-09-03, 07:14
Originally posted by enablerbr
since when did using a soulcluster and LE equal PKer.
i was lvling at the bunker on uranus with my new PPU. 1st time i've ever played with any sort of monk. all of a sudden my sl drops from 90 to -5 plus all the faction nonsense that goes with it.
now i wasn't teamed ( due to i don't like teaming). as i can't kill (least not before this event) with an LE in.

would someone like to explain to me how this happened. how long as it been going on for?

i think its a bug which should get addessed, on a side note if you dont like teaming ppu might not be the class for you, to lvl after a certain point you will NEED to team its one of the pains of the class that its the only effective way to lvl. :(

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 07:16
What's wrong with teaming with your LE in?

enablerbr
03-09-03, 07:35
i just don't like teaming. least not to simply hunt a few spiders. as far as i'm aware they a few places that actually require team.

as for the xp for PPUs. lol you PPUs weren't kidding about it being crap. parashock/soulclusters seem to be the only XP givers and their bad.

CerealKiller
03-09-03, 07:39
If you want to level that Monk faster, go Hybrid for a tick, then switch over... you'll thank yourself later.

japata
03-09-03, 08:31
SC's are pretty bugged. I was hunting fire mobs with a friend of mine the other day. I spawned a SC just for fun. It attacked the grimmie that came tumbling down the hill... SC goes away to attack raptors and my friend dies to a group hug by two grimmies

... I lose FS and SL and I go like WTF?!

(And no, the SC never attacked my friend. It wasn't even close)

Archeus
03-09-03, 09:07
Team with people.

Watch the SC. If it starts attacking someone else, use distract mind on the soul cluster or use a lower level soul cluster spell to get it to attack something else. At worst target yourself with the SC spell and the soul cluster will change it's attack to you.

If the person was intentionally attacking it then use distract or provoke to stop it killing them.

Oh it doesn't have to kill the person, only damage them (and then they die by another creature). Normally a heal would resolve that but your LE'ed.

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 09:48
DIdnt hit any npc's ?
ohterwise it is strange idd :s

mystery8
03-09-03, 10:32
This has been happening with Drones as well since at least February. LE'd Droners take SL & Sympathy loses because certain drones can accidently (or intentionally) do damage to other players. Those other players then die from mobs or such and then you get hit. I should be surprised that this bug isn't fixed yet, but somehow I'm not. :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
03-09-03, 11:16
I have lost SL as if i killed someone with a droner and a monk. Both were quite lowlvl and wearing LEs. With the droner, someone ran through my shots, got hit but didnt take dmg. Then he got killed by a mob and my SL dropped.
With the monk it was my barrel i think. Same story.

viscious666
03-09-03, 15:54
I pk le users by pushing them off cliffs *waves at all the people i killed by doing that* AH HAHAHA

enablerbr
03-09-03, 15:56
viscious666 that works even better in plaza zones. you just lead the trusting LE to high ground then woopppppppps there it is.:D