someone teach me how the fuck to aim using a tank

Zokk
03-09-03, 04:54
Make sure the green swirly is pointed outwards o_O

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 04:57
Originally posted by Zokk
Make sure the green swirly is pointed outwards o_O

The reason he sucks is cause he aint got a green swirley :p hell ill lend you my CS untill you get your owns, im having far too much fun on my PE atm, only ting i really do with my tank is either to go bac and kick someones ass whenever 3 or 4 people manage to kill my PE or when i gotta go tech farming for supplies :p

Scikar
It does take quite a bit of practice. The best way I've found is to just concentrate on one guy, and one guy alone, just ignore everything else, and concentrate everything on keeping the crosshair pointed at him the whole time. After a while you get used to the reloads and stamina too, so you pretty much know intuitively when to hit the R key or munch a stam booster.

Does this mean you see tanks in a different light now? :p

hinch
dont have a green swirly :) got a nice tpc instead swirlys are so hard to find almost as hard as keeping my fking boots on (yes they were the 1st thing to drop)

Originally posted by Scikar
It does take quite a bit of practice. The best way I've found is to just concentrate on one guy, and one guy alone, just ignore everything else, and concentrate everything on keeping the crosshair pointed at him the whole time. After a while you get used to the reloads and stamina too, so you pretty much know intuitively when to hit the R key or munch a stam booster.

Does this mean you see tanks in a different light now? :p

heh not really theyre still 100 times easier than a hybrid
but what i cant get used to is missing like only 3 outta 4 shots hit and the lack of 1st person ie with a tank you HAVE to use 3rd person is perplexing to say the least im a long term cs play 3rd person is unnatural and makes me feel quite disorientated

Psychoninja
03-09-03, 05:00
eh, I suck as a tank for PvP.
I'm a better monk for PvP, but in general I suck at PvP =P
Some of us are meant to be PvPers, some aren't.

CryptoChronic
03-09-03, 05:01
you owned in my opinion :p :p

hinch
03-09-03, 05:02
fibber but if marz hadnt ran off he was mine :)

one day i`ll get round to getting higher than str 85 and actually see if i get any better :)

could prolly do with them last 25 cons lvls too

CryptoChronic
03-09-03, 05:03
also.... make sure ur not just holding down the fire button instead of getting the recticle almost closed then clicking fire for each burst

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 05:03
Originally posted by hinch

one day i`ll get round to getting higher than str 85 and actually see if i get any better :)

thats a point man, what is your CON setup like atm ?

*loggin in now*

Originally posted by CryptoChronic
also.... make sure ur not just holding down the fire button instead of getting the recticle almost closed then clicking fire for each burst

pah what do you know about playing a tank :p j/k

hinch
03-09-03, 05:04
ahh good point both pistols and monks can go "full auto" :)

its 4am will talk to you tomorrow i got work in 4 hours

Scikar
03-09-03, 05:07
Oh and if all else fails - be a turret. At least you're easy for a ppu to heal...

Marzola
03-09-03, 05:08

I lost my PPU and my buffs wore off. You did pretty well, took a hell of a long time to kill the first time.

ZoneVortex
03-09-03, 05:09
don't worry i'm a really bad tank too

\\Fényx//
Oh and if all else fails - be a turret. At least you're easy for a ppu to heal...

man i dont get that turret shit, i can never play a turret with my tank. One reason why I always make any tank im playing damn fast at running is because I prefer strafing circles around people, generally whoever has the better strafing pattern and accuracy wins o_O

hinch
Originally posted by Marzola
I lost my PPU and my buffs wore off. You did pretty well, took a hell of a long time to kill the first time.

that first round pissed me off my tpc stopped firing for half way through so iwas just stood there :) and no it wasnt lack of sta i popped a booster

once you killed me though it came back which was good cos the gat cannon was doing fuck all damage till your buffs wore off.

scared ppu though when his buffs fell :)

Scikar
03-09-03, 05:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
man i dont get that turret shit, i can never play a turret with my tank. One reason why I always make any tank im playing damn fast at running is because I prefer strafing circles around people, generally whoever has the better strafing pattern and accuracy wins o_O

Yeah I never said it worked. :p

You might kill the odd parashocked apu at an op war as a turret, and you can AoE too. But going into the old crouch position is a surefire way of losing a duel. :)

hinch
03-09-03, 05:20
cc did a fine job of healing me whilst i was strafing into them all though it was 5 of us crammed into a very small part of pp :) how the fuck he managed to hit me and not them i`ll never know ive never supported people like that in pp only time ive ever done pp fights is with 5 other hybrids :) this fighting on pluto in pp every night is certainly a new one on me

though i am now wishing i had my hybrid there it would have been over with oh so quick if i did :)

Scikar
03-09-03, 05:21
Yeuch, you and your hybrids, you make me sick. :p

hinch
03-09-03, 05:24
i want it back infinatly more interesting/fun/hard to play than any other char

only thing that comes close is a pistol pe
fast aiming and juggling all them spells + im a stealth whore with it now i actually got round to buying a stealth tool.

hivemind
03-09-03, 05:29
You don't need that 3rd person shite.

Stay strong. Stay 1st person. :D

Scikar
03-09-03, 05:30
Originally posted by hivemind
You don't need that 3rd person shite.

Stay strong. Stay 1st person. :D

You'll need some of those PSI skills though to see through your gat cannon. :p

Drake6k
03-09-03, 05:43
First and most importantly get a CS. If someone is shooting you then you should be shooting them... Just start attacking asap and CS does hella damage so you should be fine.

Running back and forth though people in 3rd person while keeping your crosshair on them is a VERY good way to not get hit.

Search the forums for some tank resist and armor advice. Just copy someone else to start.

Spoon
03-09-03, 05:51
All other Tanks>Spoon

:(

Scikar
03-09-03, 06:08
Originally posted by Drake6k
First and most importantly get a CS. If someone is shooting you then you should be shooting them... Just start attacking asap and CS does hella damage so you should be fine.

Running back and forth though people in 3rd person while keeping your crosshair on them is a VERY good way to not get hit.

Search the forums for some tank resist and armor advice. Just copy someone else to start.

Actually hinch is of the opinion that TPC>CS, for good reason too.

Marzola
03-09-03, 06:10
that first round pissed me off my tpc stopped firing for half way through so iwas just stood there :) and no it wasnt lack of sta i popped a booster

once you killed me though it came back which was good cos the gat cannon was doing fuck all damage till your buffs wore off.

scared ppu though when his buffs fell :)

When your gun stops firing just put it away and take it back out. Happens to me a ton, i've even lost a few fights due to that happening.

Mr Friendly
03-09-03, 06:12
why not just go practice in PP? have a ppu to the side to rezz

Mankind
03-09-03, 06:15
Tanks aren't very hard to play. BUT, like any other character, enough time away from practice and you can lose your skills. I've been playing my PPU the past couple days and I find it a new kind of fun, so my tank has been neglected. I bet if I got on my tank right now, most of the people I am usually able to beat in 1:1 fights will take me out easier. I play all my characters in 3rd person mode 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time is to see if it will help my FPS at all, but I see no difference so I switch back. One thing I will note is that if any tanks out there play 1st person mode with a speedgun, you are missing out. You can go fully automatic and concentrate on targets easier with 3rd person mode; so at least give it a try. Damn gun is too huge along with the Cursed Soul :p

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 07:35
Hinch you aren't even capped, don't worry about it. And stop that crouching shit. :D

hinch
03-09-03, 09:59
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Hinch you aren't even capped, don't worry about it. And stop that crouching shit. :D

sta probs :) forgot to buy boosters

Lucjan
03-09-03, 12:08
hinch, you officially suck as a tank ;-)

An awesome perfect ultimated TPC is viable very often in PvP, but there is no way you get around a CS. TPC is only an additional option for some special cases.

Check your PMs btw...

Dim
03-09-03, 12:30
Actually hinch is of the opinion that TPC>CS, for good reason too.

Killing people is either hitting more or shooting more... with TPC you cap freq and the other things faster, so I say he's going for quantity instead of quality...

Edit: btw.. I suck as a tank too... just ask around on Uranus (don't make THE joke :p)

RuButt
03-09-03, 12:36
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
don't worry i'm a really bad tank too

u do ok :p

Style is a crap tank though....but still...respect!

I WANT UR KID STYLE!!!!

btw - ever heard about the huge amounts of errors and sync problems since the last few patches?

hinch
03-09-03, 12:39
my tpc is a 4 slotted ultimated one damage and aiming are as close to 120% as possiable unless someone has a 5 slotted all arti tpc then ofc cos i`ll give you 10 mill for it :)

Rizzy
03-09-03, 12:44
Tanks are..... overrated.
Fire in short bursts, dont keep your finger down it wont work. Always keep moving, Move close to the enemy tank when they have to reload (you will have more chance of hitting them at close range and they cant fire back) move away from them when you need to reload. Trying to aim with a cs across half of pepper park whilst moving is hard.

Hinch I cant believe you think hybrid was hard to play :eek: Sure it was alot of spell switching but the defense was so good it made up for it.

hinch
03-09-03, 12:46
Originally posted by Rizzy

Hinch I cant believe you think hybrid was hard to play :eek: Sure it was alot of spell switching but the defense was so good it made up for it.

not when you got into the fights i got into fucking anti shelter apu`s and them fking cath sanctum ppu`s and bollocks its all hard work + i only had 1 slot left for psi boosters so stopping mid fight whilst still being nailed on to drag them fking things around was akward.

theres alot more to manage as a hybrid

Rizzy
03-09-03, 12:51
I would say being a pure ppu is more work then a hybrid though.

For example you have to cast spells on the enemy, dmg boost and shock. You have to sheild you and your teammates and gice them resist boosters and combat boosters. Then you need to cast cath sanctum and keep everyone healed in an op fight. Same sorta stuff as a hybird but you need to keep your team alive too.

hinch
03-09-03, 12:54
Originally posted by Rizzy
I would say being a pure ppu is more work then a hybrid though.

For example you have to cast spells on the enemy, dmg boost and shock. You have to sheild you and your teammates and gice them resist boosters and combat boosters. Then you need to cast cath sanctum and keep everyone healed in an op fight. Same sorta stuff as a hybird but you need to keep your team alive too.

heh a good hybrid did all that kept a team of 9 other people alive and attacked the enemy and anti sheeltered at the same time.

a good hybrid is the best ppu and the best apu combined so theyre always doing double everyone else :) if you never hit the stage where you had a team of 9 or so screaming SHELTA HEAL all at you whilst you were also keeping your self alive and also debuffing and nuking hostile ppu`s then you never really got into a big fight.

MjukisDjur
03-09-03, 16:14
Lego - tell hinch how to do it... :p

RuButt
03-09-03, 17:00
mjukisdjur....ur avatar...wtf?

cruisin' cat? :p

hinch
03-09-03, 17:09
oi get outta meh thread you

this is about me admitting to being shit :) not his cat

SorkZmok
03-09-03, 17:11
I just found out last night, i suck with rifles. I`m totally unabled to use Sta Boosters so im running around reloading all the time :D

Man i'm gonna need soooooo much practice...

RuButt
03-09-03, 17:13
oi get outta meh thread you

this is about me admitting to being shit :) not his cat

we already know that ur shit!! ;) :D :angel: :p

what we want to know, is wtf is up with that 'cat'?! :)

hinch
03-09-03, 17:15
Originally posted by RuButt
we already know that ur shit!! ;) :D :angel: :p
what we want to know, is wtf is up with that 'cat'?! :)

its seen the santa in your avatar and is making a run for it before santa finds him

RuButt
03-09-03, 17:17

http://photopile.com/photos/viktor/family/11455.jpg

HA!!

but to get on topic.....well....i sucked a a tank - just play more and more with ur tank - until u pwn :p

hinch
03-09-03, 17:29
heh im not that fussed about being good with it i just round it really amusing just how bad tanks really are even with the mighty CC buffing me i still hit the floor fastish

RuButt
03-09-03, 17:50
heh im not that fussed about being good with it i just round it really amusing just how bad tanks really are even with the mighty CC buffing me i still hit the floor fastish

ok, i give up, u do suck :p

MrBane
03-09-03, 17:53
keeping my fking boots on (yes they were the 1st thing to drop)

As reported first and foremost, by yours truly in this months NEMA.

:D

MjukisDjur
03-09-03, 18:03
Rubutt, what ever that thing is I can understand why the baby is scared shitless... its absolutely terrifying

And my avatar -well, the cat drives the car on a narrow road in 75 km/h... he is quite a good driver

hinch
03-09-03, 18:06
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
And my avatar -well, the cat drives the car on a narrow road in 75 km/h... he is quite a good driver

makes him better than LEFF when he tried to drive us from tg to nc it only took him 4 hours

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 18:10
makes him better than LEFF when he tried to drive us from tg to nc it only took him 4 hours

LEFF always seemed a little stoned and concussed whenever i spke to him on pluto o_O so thats believable :lol:

hinch
03-09-03, 18:12
he`s always confused
poor little german :)

i made him laugh on ts though when i started singing rain drops keep falling on my head in the middle of a huge op war.

it went dark and started raining i started singing.

he burst out laughing then explained to the non english speaking ones what i was doing.

we lost the op war cos everyone was too busy laughing

RuButt
03-09-03, 18:36
he`s always confused
poor little german :)

i made him laugh on ts though when i started singing rain drops keep falling on my head in the middle of a huge op war.

it went dark and started raining i started singing.

he burst out laughing then explained to the non english speaking ones what i was doing.

we lost the op war cos everyone was too busy laughing

u sound like me.... :mad:

i got some screen of itth(?) trying to drive me and some other dude to an op war....took us a long time!

|R@zor|
03-09-03, 21:10
I've started noticing lately that my CS stops firing halfway through a fight, maybe even after just 1 burst, nothing to do with stamina tho, i find it pretty annoying.

LEFF|pm
10-09-03, 20:31
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
LEFF always seemed a little stoned and concussed whenever i spke to him on pluto o_O so thats believable :lol:

that might be true as I actually cant remember to EVER have played on pluto

hmmmm....

hinch
10-09-03, 22:03
Originally posted by LEFF|pm
that might be true as I actually cant remember to EVER have played on pluto

hmmmm....

your brother had a char on pluto called [FAnG]LEFF twas a spy its going back some time though