PDA

View Full Version : replacing epic items?

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 02:41
I've got a suit of shiny new CA PA after completing the epic missions. My question is, if I lose it due to being killed in PvP and having it drop in a belt and be taken, is there any way to replace it?

It seems that normally one cannot do the epic missions multiple times, I tried just to get a replacement suit to put in storage.

Omnituens
03-09-03, 02:44
epic items dont drop in QB, bar the DoY Raygun + cypher helmet

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 03:06
OK, that is fair. I wouldn't mind losing it if I could eventually replace it, but this way is good too.

Scikar
03-09-03, 05:53
Don't worry about wrecking it either, they always repair to 120%/120% condition (except the DoY raygun and cypher helmet again).

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 05:54
My only worry concerning repairs is that I have to raise my repair a bit to handle TL120.

Scikar
03-09-03, 06:05
Originally posted by Alex Mars
My only worry concerning repairs is that I have to raise my repair a bit to handle TL120.

I don't think the TL of the CopBot armor is TL120. The Str req is 40, but usually the TL of the epic rewards is a little higher. Thinking about it it might be 115 because it has the same protection as tank PA2 which is TL115. Remember that you only need half the repair skill to repair an item though (so a TL50 item needs only 25 repair skill and the tl30 tool is sufficient). The supporter booster spell gives you a little repair skill boost as well if you need it.

Napalm82
03-09-03, 12:57
Actually the TL of the CA PA IS 120, i tried repping it with my TL 55 tool, as you can probably figure out i need the TL 75 tool.

- Napalm

J. Folsom
03-09-03, 13:20
As a minor correction, if your soullight drops below -32, you CAN drop epic items, but that's the only time it is possible.

Nidhogg
03-09-03, 13:54
Moved to Comm Talk.

N

MjukisDjur
03-09-03, 16:17
I got a mail here somewhere from kk support claiming that everything is droppable o_O

Just keep a heal in your QB. It must me 99% chance of dropping the damn thing... totally unbelievable how many ive lost by now :)

G.0.D.
03-09-03, 16:22
I looted a speed gat b4... so dont trust this rule to much...

enablerbr
03-09-03, 16:23
well as for the repair tools TL. well i've repaired TL80 items on a TL75 rerpair tool. so i guess the repair tools don't work the same as research + constructor tools.

SynC_187
03-09-03, 16:40
Epic items used to drop. It was changed in a patch a little while back. According to the notes.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 16:44
not thinking of pulling a sneaky one on the helpdesk are you alex?

'' wewt, i duns me epic innit, ey you wanna buy me CA PA for 400k? OK DEAL!... uhm mister helpdesk dewd, i lost me CA PA, dropped in a belt and hot hacked :(''

o_O

no need to be cynical but why else would you ask this question ?

HellHound
03-09-03, 17:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
no need to be cynical but why else would you ask this question ?

o_O
The question being:

if I lose it due to being killed in PvP and having it drop in a belt and be taken, is there any way to replace it?

How can that give the impression he's going to pull a scam? He thought it dropped, he just wanted to know if he could pick up another if that happened.... :rolleyes:

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:17
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming. ]

/Nid's edit - if you don't know whether they drop or not then the question is very valid. However, if you do know then the question appears to be suspicious. This does not excuse the excessive retort originally posted here however.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 20:27
[ edited ]

dude i'd flame you into a twitching corpse, but your not worth it :) instead ill just use the little report button under your post :)

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:28
[ edited ]

He asked a fair question, there's no need to get so defensive and start flaming him. Expect a mod's edit sometime soon.

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:47
That was an insult by insinuation, not a fair question. His attempt at "dialect" demonstrated that. If he wanted to he could have asked that in a non-insulting way.

Judging by the other responses, no one else thought I was trying to cheat.

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:49
dude i'd flame you into a twitching corpse, but your not worth it instead ill just use the little report button under your post

"oooh, p'ease mr moderator, I insulted someone and called them a cheater and they flamed me back, do something!"

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:49
That was an insult by insinuation, not a fair question. His attempt at "dialect" demonstrated that. If he wanted to he could have asked that in a non-insulting way.

Judging by the other responses, no one else thought I was trying to cheat.

I think you read into things too much.

P.S. Fenyx only 4 behind you.

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:50
Originally posted by Scikar

Nope, if I had posted that you be slamming me for being rude.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 20:50

5 :D

Thats only cause you participate like a jack fucking terrier in spam threads like that hax one :p

Anyway i was not saying you ARE gonna do that, I just couldnt see why else you would ask it o_O

Epic items dont drop, you can only do a Epic once, and I believe that the ONLY drop when you go under minus 32 SL, which in that case you brought it upon yourself.

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:52
Epic items dont drop, you can only do a Epic once, and I believe that the ONLY drop when you go under minus 32 SL, which in that case you brought it upon yourself.

I didn't know that, which is why I asked. If you weren't so venomous and suspicious that would have occured to you.

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:54
I didn't know that, which is why I asked. If you weren't so venomous and suspicious that would have occured to you.

But it did occur to him, as you can see he posted it. And you might want to stop the flaming, because you'll be banned, and we don't want that now, do we?

Alex Mars
03-09-03, 20:57
I guess I will shut up now.

I have noticed how the moderators overlook the regulars insulting and flaming people while they drop the rock on anyone new.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 20:58

I have noticed how the moderators overlook the regulars insulting and flaming people while they drop the rock on anyone new.

excuse me is that yet another indirec insult?

Ive been banned 3 times myself, i aint no angel, however as im most likely on my last life im being fucking calm in 99% of my posts now.

Got a problem with someone's posts or the way the forums moderated, Email either Forseti, Odin or Nidhogg.

Scikar
03-09-03, 20:59

Actually, once again if you had been around long enough you would know that Fenyx has been banned before. The difference between him and you is you break the rules, Fen hovers on the edge.

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 21:02
Actually, once again if you had been around long enough you would know that Fenyx has been banned before. The difference between him and you is you break the rules, Fen hovers on the edge.

:lol:

apparently ive been a good boy 8| im not even on the first 2 pages of teh rap sheet list anymore ;)

Nidhogg
03-09-03, 21:02
OK, calm it down please. Call it a misunderstanding and move on.

im not even on the first 2 pages of teh rap sheet list anymoreNot true I'm afraid. ;)

N

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 21:04
Originally posted by Nidhogg
OK, calm it down please. Call it a misunderstanding and move on.

Not true I'm afraid. ;)

N

wha....

is that as of today ?
I was told yesterday i wasnt on the first 2 pages :wtf:

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 21:06
I know fenyx, it takes forever for them to forget about your rap sheet. :(

Scikar
03-09-03, 21:06
wha....

is that as of today ?
I was told yesterday i wasnt on the first 2 pages :wtf:

They were telling you only what you needed to hear.

Nidhogg
03-09-03, 21:07
wha....

is that as of today ?
I was told yesterday i wasnt on the first 2 pages :wtf: Nope, maybe they didn't look hard enough. Besides, even your sig breaks the rules:
1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.Change it please. Now, back on topic...

N

HellHound
03-09-03, 21:07
Wait a sec, you mean the mods keep secret files on when we've been bad boys/girls? :eek:

Ohshitshitshitshitshitshitshit....

\\Fényx//
03-09-03, 21:09
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Nope, maybe they didn't look hard enough. Besides, even your sig breaks the rules:Change it please. Now, back on topic...

N

BAH !

jesus thats about the 15th good sig ive had a slap for.

MY SIG OWNS !

anyway, dont blame the messanger :p Kurai said it :D :lol:

ok ok.... changing it now o_O

come to think of it, the same mod that said i waasnt on the first 2 pages of the rap sheet list said he liked my sig o_O

ITS A FRIGGING CONSPIRICY ! :lol:

[Edit] There... better? :D

P.S. Nid, stop picking on me :p ill give ya a cookie ;) :lol: then again, thats why im here :p the mode need something to do :lol:

Superbron
04-09-03, 13:09
Hey I just wonder if anybody knows if u really can't do an epic run twice (or even more). For example when u've finished the biotech run, change faction to whatever faction, return to biotech again: isn't it possible then to do the same epic (to get the m.o.v.e.o.n. chip ) from the start?

Nidhogg
04-09-03, 13:23
Originally posted by Superbron
Hey I just wonder if anybody knows if u really can't do an epic run twice (or even more). For example when u've finished the biotech run, change faction to whatever faction, return to biotech again: isn't it possible then to do the same epic (to get the m.o.v.e.o.n. chip ) from the start? No, it's not possible.

N

alig
04-09-03, 14:04
Originally posted by Superbron
Hey I just wonder if anybody knows if u really can't do an epic run twice (or even more). For example when u've finished the biotech run, change faction to whatever faction, return to biotech again: isn't it possible then to do the same epic (to get the m.o.v.e.o.n. chip ) from the start?

I'm not to sure about this but i've heard u can get the moveon more than once on the same character....why? because u get the actual epic item after the 4th mission, the epic has'nt ended when u get it so would'nt u be able to cancel the mission and do it all over again?