PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Questions

Lethal Virus
02-09-03, 23:29
Greetings folks.

I am a tank wanting to get PSI XP and INT XP to level PSI and INT. How would one go about doing that besides an ass load of missions?

Also if I went to like CRP or something, and got in a team with a PSI on it, would I get PSI XP? Same with say Spies and rifles, if I was on a team with one would i get Dex XP?

CR@SH
02-09-03, 23:45
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Greetings folks.

I am a tank wanting to get PSI XP and INT XP to level PSI and INT. How would one go about doing that besides an ass load of missions?

Also if I went to like CRP or something, and got in a team with a PSI on it, would I get PSI XP? Same with say Spies and rifles, if I was on a team with one would i get Dex XP?

Sadly enough the only good way a tank can level psi and int is to do missions. Although you do recieve a little gain from using your psi powers its much quicker to level them by missions. You as a tank will not recieve any int/psi xp if you team with a monk. The only stats a tank recieves in a team is strength/con.

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 23:48
And DEX (adds onto the end of crashes last line).

Think yourself lucky Spies have to Do missions up to PSI Level 20, no other way to level with PSI...

Disturbed021
03-09-03, 00:01
Originally posted by CR@SH
Sadly enough the only good way a tank can level psi and int is to do missions. Although you do recieve a little gain from using your psi powers its much quicker to level them by missions. You as a tank will not recieve any int/psi xp if you team with a monk. The only stats a tank recieves in a team is strength/con.

AS a Tank you do gain Int exp with Melee and HC weapons. Very little but its still pretty easy to cap 20 int.
PSI only rasies with missions.

/edit at least I'm pretty sure you gain Int. They said so several patches ago...something like "we upped the Int gain on Str based weapons slightly". Bah must reread all patch notes now :rolleyes:

/edit #2 "- You receive a little INT XP again when using Melee and Heavy Weapons." From Patch Notes for 173 + 174 in March.

I don't play a Tank very often but I think Int does go up as you use Melee and Heavy Weapons.

neophotographer
03-09-03, 01:28
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Greetings folks.

Missions and nothing but. :) the only people to gain XP other than their regular ones from other characters are PE's

Stacey

Disturbed021
03-09-03, 01:38
Originally posted by neophotographer
Missions and nothing but. :) the only people to gain XP other than their regular ones from other characters are PE's

Stacey

Nope. I just logged my 9/17 Tank and hacked a Cankered Plant to death and went from 3589 Int xp to 3593.
Killed another went from 3593 to 3596.
Then used my GL on a couple of Poisonous Plants and went from 3596 to 3611. So Int doesn't level much but DOES level by using both Melee and/or HC weapons.

And I am quite sure Rifles will raise Str slightly. I have had Pistol spies and Rifle spies and Str always levels quicker on the rifle spies. But I would have to logon again to test and I am at work :p

Scikar
03-09-03, 01:40
H-C weapons and melee weapons do level your int, though they must be tech weapons to do so. You also get some dex from this.

The worst off class is monks, they have to get their dex to 35. They also cap strength at 20 though that levels only a little slower than con usually. :)

Disturbed021
03-09-03, 01:46
Originally posted by Scikar
H-C weapons and melee weapons do level your int, though they must be tech weapons to do so. You also get some dex from this.

The worst off class is monks, they have to get their dex to 35. They also cap strength at 20 though that levels only a little slower than con usually. :)

Yep being a monkey and trying to cap Dex can be fun :lol:

And the 2 weapons I just used on my Tank were not Tech weapons and I leveled my Int. I used the tl9 combat knife and tl23 GL.

CR@SH
03-09-03, 03:05
Best way i found to cap dex on a monk is sit around and construct/research yourself alot of psi boosters. Which is fairly easy to do if you have access to a factory and lab.

SilentGravity
03-09-03, 03:06
Put a good bit of points into recycle so you can clone your own ammo, this gives Dex and INT exp.

greendonkeyuk
03-09-03, 03:08
repokin a moveon works just as well

Scikar
03-09-03, 03:11
He meant for a tank. Cloning boosters doesn't make you more than 10 dex xp points each time.

StoneRayne
03-09-03, 04:15
I never had problems with this really.. Just keep leveling, you'll get your levels capped faster than you know. I think psi was the first thing I capped. And int sometimes you cap for some weird stuff. Like once, I got an int level for buying ammo. :o)

SigmaDraconis
03-09-03, 04:24
INT goes up fine naturally. PSI requires missions..and tanks gain DEX from teaming? o.0 news to me...people also said yur PSI and INT goes up faster when you team with monks..which is..total BS.

And coming from a capped monkeh in me clan DEX is no big issue for a monk.

Scikar
03-09-03, 04:36
Tanks don't get any Dex from teaming, only Str and Con, however they do get quite a bit of Dex just from using cannons and melee so it still levels quite fast.

ZoneVortex
03-09-03, 05:13
Do an epic and you're psi will cap from 5 to 10 if I remember right.