PDA

View Full Version : Clan Hacked on Pluto

Ixholla
02-09-03, 22:49
Our clan was hacked, everything stolen including 26 Million.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

It's kinda hard to hide 26 million.

:/

Trillian
02-09-03, 22:52
what clan?

Mingerroo
02-09-03, 22:54
Originally posted by Ixholla
Our clan was hacked, everything stolen including 26 Million.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

It's kinda hard to hide 26 million.

Actually hacked or just someone joined stole everything then left?

msdong
02-09-03, 22:55
...It's kinda hard to hide 26 million.

hehem if u dont care u can drop 8 million to >/dev/null and be happy with 18 mio 8|

Ixholla
02-09-03, 22:55
-=EEA=-

Small clan made up of only 2 ppl....with multiple characters.

We don't let anyone in the clan to keep things like that from
happening.

The clan is made up of 2 people that have been playing games
together for years and are close friends.

kurai
02-09-03, 22:59
Look in Clanadmin/Money, and examine the withdrawal logs.

It will say who extracted the money and when.

If there are no entries, then it's a bug or h4x.

Ixholla
02-09-03, 23:03
No entries...

Dade Murphey
02-09-03, 23:03
Originally posted by kurai

back when me and some friends had a clan we found out that when someone takes money and then leaves it deletes the entries for them...I'm not sure if this is still true...but to the best of my knowledge it is...

ps...sorry kurai...still haven't changed my avatar...haha

kurai
02-09-03, 23:05
Report it on the ingame help system in that case.

Don't think that's the kind of thing that they can fix, but you want a record of the request.

Then log it with helpdesk@neocron.com too.

kurai
02-09-03, 23:06
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
ps...sorry kurai...still haven't changed my avatar...haha heh - my browser "stop animation" is working again now, so it's no longer a problem :D

Drake6k
02-09-03, 23:08
Dont worry about it kk always gives 100k when you lose something.

Dade Murphey
02-09-03, 23:11
Originally posted by Drake6k

100k is hardly a substitue for 26mil and all their stuff though...doesn't really begin to scratch the surface
(I hope that was sarchasm too btw...haha)

Ixholla
02-09-03, 23:12
Kinda not worth playing anymore when someone can just hack
into your account and take the cool shit you've worked months
to earn.

If somone notices any unusual jumps in a clan's funds please note
them here.

Judge
02-09-03, 23:12
100k is hardly a substitue for 26mil and all their stuff though...doesn't really begin to scratch the surface
(I hope that was sarchasm too btw...haha)

I think that he was being sarcastic :p

EDIT: argh I shouldn't post without reading the whole post :mad:

Ixholla
02-09-03, 23:33
Yeah this is where the money is going...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3043954152&category=4596

Lethal Virus
02-09-03, 23:41
Originally posted by Drake6k

Then send a report one at time for every missing item :lol:

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 23:42
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Then send a report one at time for every missing item :lol:

:lol:

Great idea. :D

Roc-a-fella
02-09-03, 23:44
damn ebay

Weazle
02-09-03, 23:51
Oh man I was talking to Guido last night and he was such a cool dude .... damn shame its happened to you guys :(

massic
02-09-03, 23:58
Once I was going through my clan's money logs and there was an enrty in there from a guy who wasn't in the clan, he took out one nc and the entry said haha hacked u. Never seen it since though.

CryptoChronic
03-09-03, 00:40
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_1369a517cadf774c35d55bad4b2a6182/i-100.JPG

:p

Scikar
03-09-03, 01:16
Erm.. what makes you think that 5 mil on Pluto is part of the money taken from your account? :confused:

Mankind
03-09-03, 03:02
Well...I don't believe you :)

VirtualReGen
03-09-03, 03:03
Originally posted by massic
Once I was going through my clan's money logs and there was an enrty in there from a guy who wasn't in the clan, he took out one nc and the entry said haha hacked u. Never seen it since though.
same here happend to my old clan, that was bullshit
some guy named "Kermit" or something like that right?>

FirestarXL
03-09-03, 03:12
Originally posted by kurai

Also, check the very bottom of the logs - if they were bugged and had the date Dec 31, 0000 when they made the withdrawal, that's where the entries will be.

whifix
03-09-03, 03:15
Buggy buggy neocron.
One time I went to the terminal to check out who in my clan was online and it wasn't my clan. Just to see how much stuff was effected I went to clan admin and it still said the other clan. After I reloged everything returned to nomal but having that kind of bug there sucks.

DonnyJepp
03-09-03, 03:58
back when me and some friends had a clan we found out that when someone takes money and then leaves it deletes the entries for them...I'm not sure if this is still true...but to the best of my knowledge it is...

ps...sorry kurai...still haven't changed my avatar...haha

This is still true as of 1 month ago. We had a ton of cash stolen, I took screenies of the transactions. Booted the offender from the clan and the transactions are gone, with the cash.

Ixholla
03-09-03, 05:57
No no no....

This wasn't someone in the clan.

CerealKiller
03-09-03, 07:16
And that money isn't from his clan thank you very much. I happen to know that guy, and he makes it legit. So please be careful who you accuse.

DX-Defender
03-09-03, 07:22
lxholla, why dont you chill with that accusing people shit. that 5 million credits being sold on ebay is mine. and i make it the good ole fashion way.

CC. that purse is rad. my GF loves it. if you got a girl you should checkout some of that chics stuff, she makes it all by hand, completely wicked craftsmanship.

CerealKiller
03-09-03, 07:25
Originally posted by DX-Defender
lxholla, why dont you chill with that accusing people shit. that 5 million credits being sold on ebay is mine. and i make it the good ole fashion way.

pwned....

DX-Defender
03-09-03, 07:30
pwned....

*SEX*
*SEX*
*SEX*
*SEX*
*SEX*
*SEX*
*SEX*

Wannabe
03-09-03, 07:31
Don't know if KK fixed it yet, but there's some problems with the zoning. Couple of times when I zoned, I ended up in someone else's character. Kinda freaked me when I was a droner spy and walked to the HEW to get some drones to BP and saw I couldn't use anything!

Dunno who the guy was, but he had some kewl stuff in his gogo :)

Perhaps this happened to you that some guy after the zoning bug ended up in your character and stole the money from your clan.

Not 101% sure of it but it could be the case.

// Wannabe

CerealKiller
03-09-03, 07:33
I don't believe that works, I had this happen to my clan a few months ago, and it's happened to others. So it's not an isolated incident. I'm not going to confirm or deny the possbility of hacking being involved.

massic
03-09-03, 08:57
Originally posted by VirtualReGen
same here happend to my old clan, that was bullshit
some guy named "Kermit" or something like that right?>

Yeah his name was Kermit alright, I looked him up and he was like a 0/3 at the time.

ronaz
03-09-03, 12:02
This was someone trying to be funny using a known bug at that time. In the Kermit case there was no hacking whatsoever involved.

Thanks for the ebay link tho... always nice to find out that things you donate to a clan are now being sold on ebay.

jernau
03-09-03, 12:24
Originally posted by ronaz
This was someone trying to be funny using a known bug at that time. In the Kermit case there was no hacking whatsoever involved.

Thanks for the ebay link tho... always nice to find out that things you donate to a clan are now being sold on ebay.

Youch :mad:

That would be ass-kicking time IMO.

Dim
03-09-03, 12:38
m8 of mine, who ain't in the same clan, once had a bug where it said he was..
don't know if he had acces to the clan cash, but could be possible he did.
Someone might've had the same bug with you and thought he'd take advantage of it.

Just guessing though...

Heavyporker
03-09-03, 12:46
omg massic....

same thing happened to my clan a few months ago...

some twat gave us 1 nc and said, "haha hacked you" or something to that effect.

made us all worry, I would tell you that.

Weazle
03-09-03, 13:47
Actually HP we weren't hacked .... we just had a bad apple in our midst. :(

funkeymonkey
03-09-03, 14:38
Originally posted by Wannabe
Don't know if KK fixed it yet, but there's some problems with the zoning. Couple of times when I zoned, I ended up in someone else's character.

Happened to me in beta 4 where i had this other guys hypercom with names in buddy list i had never heard of and could also access his gogo - i tried equiping a knife i found in there but it would not activate so dunno if its possible for people to steal stuff off u that way.

Then it happend again last night. My clanless spy turned into the body of a female PE in a clan. When i draged the cursor over the top bar in rpos i had the name and clan name there of somebody else, yet had my own skills and appared normal to everybody else.

The Vulgarian
03-09-03, 15:09
I've seen that Kermit thing once or twice too.
I have a feeling it's a placeholder in the game code that appears when the real transaction list can not be shown for some reason.
Or was there a real Kermit that confessed doing the "hack"?

Helen Angilley
03-09-03, 15:10
Just because you trust someone doesn't mean they _can_ be trusted.

bubby
03-09-03, 16:09
-=EEA=-

Small clan made up of only 2 ppl....with multiple characters.

We don't let anyone in the clan to keep things like that from
happening.

The clan is made up of 2 people that have been playing games
together for years and are close friends.

IX The nix needs a bigger hit box, that being said, same thing happend to my clan and guess what, here is a new clan apartment. Sorry about all your stuff and your cash.

Got a email from the guy that supposedly hacked the clan but it didnt stay in mail que.

Hope they resolve it for ya.

MjukisDjur
03-09-03, 16:12
ha ha

d3ik
03-09-03, 16:13
lol @ bubby... gotta love the obscure JG references

[Edit] - Oh btw, something does need to be done about this whole "I lost my apartment full of rares, etc... help"... "Here's 100K"... it's ridiculous.

bubby
03-09-03, 16:19
Originally posted by d3ik
lol @ bubby... gotta love the obscure JG references

[Edit] - Oh btw, something does need to be done about this whole "I lost my apartment full of rares, etc... help"... "Here's 100K"... it's ridiculous.

Phoon needs a smaller power plant its way too over powered,

Yeah they did give me 100k also but rares, money, stuff, all gone big time

The entire clan Quit. I still hang around leveling newbs long enough to murder peeps then roll. Only thing fun to do now :)

d3ik
03-09-03, 16:30
I thought that if you had screenshots they would replace them? Did that cut off when the f'ups started requesting items that weren't lost/bugged?

Tregard
03-09-03, 16:38
Originally posted by d3ik
I thought that if you had screenshots they would replace them? Did that cut off when the f'ups started requesting items that weren't lost/bugged?

Unfortunately yes :mad:

bubby
03-09-03, 16:40
im thinking that is the case, so many peeps thought hey, Ill just say i lots 5000 rares. NOw it is 100k and see ya.

Blows goats if you ask me.

oh and can we get some FF's at CORE PLEASE damned ISU.

CerealKiller
04-09-03, 02:58
YOUR MONEY IS NOT BEING SOLD ON EBAY. Jesus age christ.... that money is made LEGIT. I usually help make that money. The Kermit reference was there in my issue as well. In my personal opinion, I think it is just a place holder or something like that. I highly doubt a person with that name would last this long. The character would have been deleted months ago when this first started happening.

ronaz
04-09-03, 10:57
Aye Cereal.. at the time TechSynTH got robbed and the Kermit reference was in the funds listing there was a Kermit character running around....

bubby
04-09-03, 14:06
that was the same name that i got a message from that said you have ben haxored. hmmm. so kermit is the account.