PDA

View Full Version : Login Screen, Idea..

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 18:26
I was just thinking, unless you log on, you've no way of knowing if the server is about to go down or up, and even if you login, if you get in after the admin mesages go out, then you'll not know till it happens..

So I suggest this, after server name and the number of players logged on, a status icon, Red for offline or going off very soon, Amber(yellowish) for going down soon (within 30mins or so) and green for no downtime reported yet..

This would give a clear and easy way for us to see if we should hang fire and wait a while before loggin on..

What doe'st thou thunkest?

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 18:38
Who's voted maybe?

come on, give a reason why.

japata
02-09-03, 19:17
Voted aye - pretty useless but it shouldn't be too hard to code. :)

alig
02-09-03, 19:22
Voted yes.

I've never actually logged on between the admin message and the server actually going down but i know it will happen one day and if thats the difference between me loosing my logged char and me not loosing anything i know which i prefer. ;)

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 21:49
Originally posted by japata
Voted aye - pretty useless but it shouldn't be too hard to code. :)

Not usless you poodle, it's mean you'd not have to logon to find out the server satus, or if the server was about to go down, it'd let you know..

Simple way to end the terible, logon, bomb off because the server was going down for patching or somthing and you logged on after the admin msg's had gone out..