PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Ryker Laser Cannon suck?

Pwnage
02-09-03, 04:36
I got myself a nice 5 slot ryker laser. Double barrel, double frequency + ammo mod, giving it 113 damage, 120 freq, 89 handling and 113 range.

I cap damage already, and the range is at about 950 meters atm.

Yet it still sux.

The range means shit to me as a tank. I can take hits, and I even want to take hits for con.

This gun needs to be reworked, it should hit a lot harder... and give it a 30 ammo clip... damn annoying to have to reload after 7 shots, and you still have that 1 shot left, but can't use it.

nonamebrandeggs
02-09-03, 05:39
Just don't use it?

lordofkhaoz
02-09-03, 05:40
isnt it only TL 69 ? thats enough of an explaination there imo.. now wat they should do is add some pulse laser cannons.. and even a rare one, give tanks a lil option for PvP.. and i know im not the first to say this either

KidWithStick
02-09-03, 05:41
if you already capped damage was it neccesary to mod it with 2 barrels?

Pwnage
02-09-03, 05:53
Well I cap it after the barrels... and according to ems.ru, you can only mod it with a flashlight... which = useless.

I'm leveling a nub on Saturn, so I built my self some weapons till the speedgun. So I'm comparing the TL69 thing to other stuff around that TL and everything else is so much better. I mean speedgun ownz hands down, but for those who can't get it the Ryker should be an option.

When I was leveling my PE, the Tangent Epic Laser pistol capped me. It was just so good.

The TT cannon sucks compared to it, and I never had a good Ryker till now, and it sux too. I just think it should be made better.

Edit: What differs a pulse laser from a regular one? Is the TT epic pistol a pulse laser?

Cyphor
02-09-03, 06:05
lots of weapons in this game need reworked :( but the good news is it was stated somewhere that this will happen soon. What they will rework i dont know but hopefully they fix fusion rifles and pistols :( just got enough dex to use the redeemer with my spy and got a artifact one and it still sucks, when i take it to the furthest rng poss from a wb i can almost outdmg it with my ray of god! :wtf: (both from the clipping plane rng that is)

Marzola
02-09-03, 06:07
Originally posted by lordofkhaoz
isnt it only TL 69 ? thats enough of an explaination there imo.. now wat they should do is add some pulse laser cannons.. and even a rare one, give tanks a lil option for PvP.. and i know im not the first to say this either

OMFG! THat's my idea! Someone actually listened to me! YAY FOR ME! Now go vote on my thread (maybe bum...uh...add new content to it:D ) Link in Sig.

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 06:08
Pulse lasers shoot the red burst fire lasers.