PDA

View Full Version : Pluto politics sux

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:28
I just attacked an enemy hunting party and I dropped from 40 SL to -16. That is so lame. The majority of my enemies are NEUTRAL. What am I supposed to do? It wouldn't be so bad if it was just copbots shooting me, but the dropping of 5 items is a bit crazy. I love my clan alot and I dont' want to leave them, but we're currently at war with too many non red clans. :( :( :( :(

I wish KK would implement clan wars fully already.

Attacking a "few" people at a time, then being forced to do tons of misisons is a bit lame too. I wish we still gained 5-8 SL for doing missions.

Ryuben
02-09-03, 02:29
erm yeah...........clan wars need putting in properly, but then again are u at war with them at city com any way?

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:30
Originally posted by Ryuben
erm yeah...........clan wars need putting in properly, but then again are u at war with them at city com any way?

Yea, but you still lose SL. Doesn't really have any effect.

Helen Angilley
02-09-03, 02:30
Play EVE.

The only limitation on fighting there is if you do it in an area being patrolled. :p

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:33
Isn't eve a space type of mmorpg?

Like spaceships and stuff....................I could be talking out of my arse though. :p

Helen Angilley
02-09-03, 02:34
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Like spaceships and stuff....................I could be talking out of my arse though. :p

Yup, heh.

You know the saying "Women can stay mad for up to seven years"? I think that applies to Sentry Guns in EVE as well. :(

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:35
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

You know the saying "Women can stay mad for up to seven years"?

No, :D

Originally posted by Helen Angilley

I think that applies to Sentry Guns in EVE as well. :(

Well the PvP sounds fun but I don't like space type stuff. :(

SCI FI and FANTASY>all

kurai
02-09-03, 02:35

Like spaceships and stuff....................I could be talking out of my arse though. :p Yes.
I looked at the normally Ignored Angilley Thing's post to see why she felt the need to reply with an irrelvance again.

As ever ...

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Serves me right for over-riding the ignore.

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:36
I know helen can be a bit aggressive sometimes, but her post in this thread was totally tame and non-flamy. I don't think there was anything wrong with it.

kurai
02-09-03, 02:38
I know helen can be a bit aggressive sometimes, but her post in this thread was totally tame and non-flamy. I don't think there was anything wrong with it. Oh - agreed.
It's not offensive, or even rabid troll-bait.
It's just utterly irrelevant.

To drag it back to the issue ...

Why were you attacking people in a Hunting Zone anyway, and expecting not to be penalized for it ? :D

Marx
02-09-03, 02:38
Pluto politics suck.

clanwars = yes.

yes = asap.

:D

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:39
Originally posted by Marx
Pluto politics suck.

clanwars = yes.

yes = asap.

:D

Or at least make red being viable. I wouldn't mind dropping 2 items. But loss of safeslot AND 5 items is too much.

Helen Angilley
02-09-03, 02:41
I could've just posted how shitty the BoP is on Pluto but it would've just gotten similar replies to the post I've already made.

:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:42
Originally posted by kurai

Why were you attacking people in a Hunting Zone anyway, and expecting not to be penalized for it ? :D

It wasn't a hunting zone, it was an anarchy zone. And I saw 2 people and thought my SL could take it. But a third attacked me and I paniced, i should have ran instead of messing up my SL.

It would be nice if SL "fell" by a fixed amount. Like 30-25-20-15 etc...............

*waits in his apt* :rolleyes:

Ryuben
02-09-03, 02:46
It wasn't a hunting zone, it was an anarchy zone. And I saw 2 people and thought my SL could take it. But a third attacked me and I paniced, i should have ran instead of messing up my SL.

It would be nice if SL "fell" by a fixed amount. Like 30-25-20-15 etc...............

*waits in his apt* :rolleyes:

so an apu soloed 3 people........hmm ok then, and u KNEW u could solo 2 ......what ranks i hope u was noob/spy bashing

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:51
Originally posted by Ryuben
so an apu soloed 3 people........hmm ok then, and u KNEW u could solo 2 ......what ranks i hope u was noob/spy bashing

I think only one was a noob, because my SL plummeted. But the other 2 weren't. I don't know what rank they were though, i can't see people's ranks from far. I just attack anyone who is enemy.

I only KNEW i could because i had the element of surprise and range.

It's not like i slapped them with my psi glove and said "I challenge you" :p

hinch
02-09-03, 10:50
arc even in close range you take a fair amount of damage for an apu

Archeus
02-09-03, 10:54
Originally posted by kurai
As ever ...

Helen <----------several hundred miles------------>The Point

Serves me right for over-riding the ignore.

I'm starting to notice that too.

Cryotchekk
02-09-03, 11:02
shadow dancer eve is shit, dont bother. to level you click at planets and wait. that is all u do, mine fucking planets, the if ur ship gets destroyed you have to mine some more planets. eve sucks, nc is the best mmorpg out there, just look, everyone keeps comming back it.

eve sucks.

VVerevvolf
02-09-03, 12:07
Hm, sad thing I havent been out there with my Silent Hunter and my hacktool :D

Lathuc
02-09-03, 12:34
cryotchecc (sp?) you dont acctually hafta do anything to lvl in eve just click train on a skill and let it train you dont hafta mine you know there are other things like hunting pirates

back on topic insert the damn warsystem

JustIn_Case
02-09-03, 12:43
It is not just on Pluto the Faction politics are messed up, it is the same on Saturn. Most FA Clans are at war with CM...my SL never gets higher then 10 these days.

Clans that you have declared war with (in clan admin) should end up red no matter what Faction they belong to.

ezza
02-09-03, 12:53
they should implement the stupid clan war option, not that i want t ogo arround killing allies or nothing:p

they would need to show as clan enemy though, so i remember who im ment to be fighting:D

Pitspawn
02-09-03, 13:04
nc is the best mmorpg out there

Was, before the population plummeted to nothingness. I hope for the players remaining that KK have something up their sleeves to kickstart the game again.

I would recommend DaoC for anyone who wanted to change mmorpg, but i cant. The subscription page has been down for coming up for two weeks, no contact email and zero customer support. SWG is like watching paint dry, planetside is too shallow.

Back on topic:

Yes well clan wars need to be implemented. But the whole faction system is screwed...You can be allied to a faction who are allied to your enemy. Nice.

Heavyporker
02-09-03, 13:24
Arcadius, just hunt in the wastelands around safe OPs, then you can gain SL and real money at the same time.

Then... you walk up and bribe copbots with 50k while your SL is red, and then copbots ignore you for about 1 hour.

Honestly, arcadius. Go try it.

Lord Mansion
02-09-03, 14:20
Originally posted by Pitspawn

I would recommend DaoC for anyone who wanted to change mmorpg, but i cant. The subscription page has been down for coming up for two weeks, no contact email and zero customer support. SWG is like watching paint dry, planetside is too shallow.

I bought Dark age of Camelot about 2 weeks ago, but can't get used to the combat system :(

Other than that, it looks like a nice game.

Vampire222
02-09-03, 14:56
WTT NC ACCOUNT 4 PS ACCOUNT :P

heres a great suggestion if u get bored:
1. buy a french-urlanguage dictionary.. both ways preferred
2. start a n00b on venus
3. translate anything u odnt understand with your l33t dictionary
4. have fun!

CR@SH
02-09-03, 15:05
I beta tested EVE awhile back when the NDA was still up. I gotta say it was quite possibly the most boring game i have ever played. The graphics for the game were superb, the combat system they had was great but there weren't very many option for making money(shivers at the thought of mining asteroids) and the world was so big it was a rarity to see more than 2 ppl in the same zone as you.

But back on topic i agree politics suck, but thats part of what makes neocron so unique. You can ally up with clans and factions but i have yet to see any of those alliances ever last, and i've been here pretty much since the beginning of retail. Part of the reason clan wars change often is simply because of the way the factions are setup. I think it would get boring to see 5 factions allied up together and know you could call on any of those 5 factions to help you fight, i like being on the edge when im around different factions never knowing if they will stab me in the back or not.

But on the otherhand when DOY comes out that is what we will have is huge battles between the pro city clans and the anti city clans. So only time will tell which one proves to be the better.

Berzerker
02-09-03, 15:18
Nope. From someone who has been shooting not just nuturals. I been shootin own Faction. I take the sl hits and roll with them. Do missions to get them down. Sorry mate but I handle this with no problems. There should be a penelty for shooting at allies.

HellHound
02-09-03, 15:20
Originally posted by Pitspawn

Bought DaoC last week to find the account pages down.
Lucky the dog > me. :(
SWG is fun for... two days? Been playing on a friends account.
PlanetSide is shallow, but it's fun. You've seen everything in a few days, but the gameplay is still enjoyable. :p

But back to the point... the SL system is so messed up it isn't even funny for someone who doesn't get involved in PvP (me).
Camp the nearest GR to where they hunt and then you get to kill them in a warzone? :p

Lucjan
02-09-03, 15:36
The faction system is completely messed up with all this cross allies and enemies. But we lived with that for a year now.

Why not just implement a dynamic faction system into NC? The factions would change between allied, neutral and enemy due to kills performed by runners. I might end in a mess, but what that isnt something new ;P

At least we could feel that our actions make some difference in the static world of Neocron...

ericdraven
02-09-03, 15:39
Originally posted by Lucjan
The faction system is completely messed up with all this cross allies and enemies. But we lived with that for a year now.

Why not just implement a dynamic faction system into NC? The factions would change between allied, neutral and enemy due to kills performed by runners. I might end in a mess, but what that isnt something new ;P

At least we could feel that our actions make some difference in the static world of Neocron...

That would be great, indeed, but i guess it would be the seed of many new exploits.. o_O

Stigmata
02-09-03, 16:30
do you realise without the current SL there would be a population count of less than 50 on during the day.

most of the people on the server are AFK in there apts regaining SL.....TRUE SO VERY TRUE

Andy

hinch
02-09-03, 16:33
Originally posted by stigmata
do you realise without the current SL there would be a population count of less than 50 on during the day.

most of the people on the server are AFK in there apts regaining SL.....TRUE SO VERY TRUE

Andy

yup my pe has been afk in my appt since about midnight last night i should make -16 sl by time i get home tonight :mad:

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Berzerker
Nope. From someone who has been shooting not just nuturals. I been shootin own Faction. I take the sl hits and roll with them. Do missions to get them down. Sorry mate but I handle this with no problems. There should be a penelty for shooting at allies.

THen you must not kill very often. It takes alot of missions to get to positive SL. And if I only can kill 2 then be forced to do missions, i'm gonna be barely attacking. That's lamez0rz

Originally posted by hinch
arc even in close range you take a fair amount of damage for an apu

shhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by Lucjan

Um that's actually a good idea. It would be exciting to see how players form the factions.

Originally posted by ericdraven
but i guess it would be the seed of many new exploits.. o_O

how?

Berzerker
02-09-03, 20:21
Wut r u doing Shadow Dancer. Sewer Fly Missions are something?

An wtf you stopping at 2 for :P

Yeh sure its a bit of work. and a rush, cuz yur out there were anyone can get yur shit. Still it don't take me long to get it down.

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 20:21
Wut r u doing Shadow Dancer. Sewer Fly Missions are something?

Yeh sure its a bit of work. and a rush, cuz yur out there were anyone can get yur shit. Still it don't take me long to get it down.

How long does it take you?

Clothing_Option
02-09-03, 20:23
Originally posted by stigmata

Andy

your right even with a population on of 125 you can go anywhere and I mean anywhere in the wastelands and see a few if any pple

Archeus
02-09-03, 20:25
missions only give 1 soul light. Nothing else.

Btw Clothing you are right, even with low population I always bumping into people outside.

Berzerker
02-09-03, 20:25
Don;t really know to be honest mate. I'm sorta busy checking me Sl all the time:D So time sort of flys. An I just remembered something. I have stealth so that can make quite a difrence.

Once your like -10 sl You get more points for your missions. I think -10 works out to about three missions.

Archeus
02-09-03, 20:30
Once your like -10 sl You get more points for your missions. I think -10 works out to about three missions.

Must be broken then because according to the patch notes it's 1 SL regardless of mission.

However once you hit -10 it does go up naturally until it hits around 10 I think.