PDA

View Full Version : 1 More Brain Imp Slot?

Duder
02-09-03, 01:17
OK, lets think first, how about giving everyone 1 extra brain imp slot, to the total of 5 Brain slots? It would benefit every class, it would also serve as a boost to all the other classes, like a few people have been talking about instead of nerfing the ppus...

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 01:20
Why?

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 01:21
Hmmmm yeaah..........

But that might be...I dunno.....

Sounds nice and all...but it might be too big of a thing to do.

nEo-1664
02-09-03, 01:23
lol...... the only ppl 2 reply are 3 ppl in same clan as duder on pluto.....and im in that clan too :D rofl

nEo-1664/Ole

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 01:25
And I'm affilliated with it o_O

I think the idea is pretty good, it benefits tanks, pes, spies...
I could probably see it benefitting APUs and PPUs too if you're talking about the fact that it gives them a more comfortable margin to use PA/Rares....

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 01:26
Originally posted by nEo-1664
lol...... the only ppl 2 reply are 3 ppl in same clan as duder on pluto.....and im in that clan too :D rofl

nEo-1664/Ole

Bettah recognize when it comez to da PIMPs!

KidWithStick
02-09-03, 01:29
PIMP > ALL

biiiiiiiiiatch

:lol:

yea i wouldnt mind another brain implant slot...infact it would help me out alot...

they would have to modify the current implantslots image, but it cant be that hard...

Delloda
02-09-03, 01:31
i think an extra brain slot would totally imbalance an already imbalaced nc.

Dribble Joy
02-09-03, 01:37
Well of course people would want another brain slot, duh :)

nEo-1664
02-09-03, 02:01
oh duder....im guessing since theres no option for 'dead animals' im guessing u dont like.....sleep with em? ...... are you single?

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 02:11
oh duder....im guessing since theres no option for 'dead animals' im guessing u dont like.....sleep with em? ...... are you single?

Argh, damn those dead animals.

\\Fényx//
02-09-03, 02:12
well, would benefit PE's the most o_O probably why a PE players making this thread :D yea do it, i got a PE now ^^

nEo-1664
02-09-03, 02:14
theres always dead aminals.....and if your really bad and dont kill it properly...there still living :/ ugh! im not gonna sleep easy tonight.....

DUDER! answer my question biach :D

LTA
02-09-03, 02:19
Well considering the recent uproar on pistols for pes i'd say no...

it would give them way to many weapons

Moto 3
SA
SF
BA
MC

+26 from brain imps on dex then +5 from backbone so a total of +31 extra dex..... 111 dex :D

Infact yay give 5th slot!

Drake6k
02-09-03, 02:21
Originally posted by Delloda
i think an extra brain slot would totally imbalance an already imbalaced nc.

correct.

there is no good reason to add another slot...
if kk asked if everyone wanted 1mil cr would you say yes?

Possessed
02-09-03, 02:28
...... are you single?

Why are you hitting on a guy....

And especially Duder

*shiver*

FBI
02-09-03, 02:46
retarded idea.

things like this have major implications and balance issues. I'm
sure KK has alot of things around the implant system geared
toward 4 slots.

Marx
02-09-03, 02:49
http://dirtynuke.net/brain.JPG

\\Fényx//
02-09-03, 02:58
Originally posted by Marx
http://dirtynuke.net/brain.JPG

O_o

Marx
02-09-03, 03:00
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
O_o

:p

Scikar
02-09-03, 03:02
So PEs can steal yet another line of spy toys? FL on only Serumderibat? Ray of Last Hope with no drugs? No thanks, matey.

Omnituens
02-09-03, 03:06
Originally posted by Scikar
So PEs can steal yet another line of spy toys? FL on only Serumderibat? Ray of Last Hope with no drugs? No thanks, matey.

fully argee

as stated many times before,

PE = jack of all trades, master of none.

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 03:08
I don't know any PEs stupid enough to use Moto/Mindcontrol in a finalised setup...
infact, the only justifiable setup for that kind of chip, is RoG PE.

All other Moto3/MindCont3 Implant Setups on Capped PEs that do not intend ultra-drugging to RoLH, is retarded......

Lethal Virus
02-09-03, 03:11
Ok this think about this for a minute.

Do you know how unbalanced this would make the game? I mean really. Imagine a tank able to implant Zerk 3, Marine, Herc, Moveon, Malee Exp 3 (Or any other implant) how unbalacned it would be?

A Spy would benifit way too much, as would PEs, and PSI's.

I vote NO on the 5th brain implant slot. (Even though how much I would like it). It's not needed

Marx
02-09-03, 03:12
Originally posted by Scikar

http://dirtynuke.net/brain2.JPG

\\Fényx//
02-09-03, 03:14
http://dirtynuke.net/brain2.JPG

was that aimed at me as im now a tangent PE O_o

oh and QD im a crazy mofo :p i drug upto the slasher & RoLH :lol:

Marx
02-09-03, 03:15
:rolleyes:

:D

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 03:17
I let RoLH users off, since DEX 107 = bitch on drugs...heh

\\Fényx//
02-09-03, 03:17
btw marx.... impressive MSPaint skills :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 03:18
fenix hit me with the slasher, what an abysmal weapon. I wuold have thought a TL 113 rare even if it isn't capped would do good damage.

Marx
02-09-03, 03:18
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
btw marx.... impressive MSPaint skills :rolleyes:

I was honestly ready to use crayons and scan in the picture

\\Fényx//
02-09-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
fenix hit me with the slasher, what an abysmal weapon. I wuold have thought a TL 113 rare even if it isn't capped would do good damage.

*sigh*

seemed to do jack shit to you but i hit darken with it at cycrow and it did a fair bit o_O maybe i was just too drunk at PP and i wasnt even hitting you o_O

[Edit]

Ready as in actually having the paper and crayons by your side o_O

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 03:38
I had the idea some time back to add a rare "Socket-expander" item to the game. This would be a rare item that you could install maybe 1 or 2 of, which would turn 1 implant socket (brain implants only) into 2.

IronMonkey
02-09-03, 04:02

you were going to do with whose crayon? o_O

Psyco Groupie
02-09-03, 04:18
rofl gwan .. my spy will be godlike

Marx
02-09-03, 06:17
Ready as in actually having the paper and crayons by your side

the glory of having many siblings and relatives who seem to love my familys house.

you were going to do with whose crayon?

One of those many sibs.

Hell, you haven't played NC unless you've read your lil year old cousin a story while fighting in an OP battle.

japata
02-09-03, 07:06
Hmm... this would help spies and PE's the most, thus making it an excellent idea. :)

CyTeCH
02-09-03, 07:46
there was an idea in the german forum (i think) to create a 5th imp slot that could only be used with the LE, stoping the huge disadvantage of losing another brain imp just because you dont want to get pk'd

i will try and find the link sorry cant find it

(dont flame me the first thing i ever do to a char is take the damn thing out)

ericdraven
02-09-03, 11:27
A fifth brain slot for the LE only? Well, then LE users would have almost no disadvantage at all anymore.

And a fifth slot in general - sure probably everyone would like this idea, but i think it could imbalance the game again 'cause then there would be millions of new possible setups which all needs to be checked out.. i don't think it's a very good idea (at this time at least).

greendonkeyuk
02-09-03, 11:46
having an extra slot in the brain just means pes can use more spy tools. id love this for my pe, but id rather not have it when i got my spy.... he would become a little more like a shadow of a pe. there are many combinations as eric said that could be used, im sure one or two could get monks/tanks up into their highend pa suits too. im sure the monks and tanks would love that but theres plenty of other stuff i think right now on the cards before they consider an extra brain slot.

s0apy
02-09-03, 13:30
a PE that would use an extra brain slot to merely increase DEX should have that overloaded and swollen head closely examined. the only sensible thing to do would be to insert either a distance weapon 2, or a moveon (obviously depending on which of those you already had in).

as was already mentioned, a PE is all about balance. even with an extra brain slot, you'd be daft to immediately just try to start using a silent hunter or some such thing.

fine tuning my lovelies, fine tuning.

on the topic - i'd have been more in favour of a 5th slot as opposed to a release of stat caps. as it is though, KK appear to not be raising the caps either, so i'm in 2 minds as to whether a 5th slot is really a good idea.

cracky
02-09-03, 13:51
serumderibat is for noobs

Dim
02-09-03, 15:36
Originally posted by Duder
OK, lets think first, how about giving everyone 1 extra brain imp slot, to the total of 5 Brain slots? It would benefit every class, it would also serve as a boost to all the other classes, like a few people have been talking about instead of nerfing the ppus...
Like the idea... but think that it would, as some before me have already said, add to the imbalance.

However, how 'bout an extra brain slot for LE users (I myself don't use LE). Make like a special LE slot.
I mean using an LE gimps you out of that extra DEX, INT, STR, whatever...

mystery8
02-09-03, 19:35
A 5th brain slot might be neat.. It'd make setups a bit more flexible. Though I'd be concerned about the balance changes that'd bring. Everything seems geared towards 4 brain slots..

And I just *know* they wouldn't simply add another slot. There'd have to be some freakish negative side. Not an "okay" negative, a FREAKISH one. Like having that 5th imp randomly pop out. I wouldn't like only LE users haven't a 5th brain slot either. That'd just be unfair. The LE user disadvantages issue has been discussed to death already. Personally I think having one less brain slot in exchange for "relative" safety from other players and not dropping a QB is a good bargain.

So No, I don't think this would be a good idea. Just my 4 cents.