PDA

View Full Version : the THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW thread

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 22:20
OK, seen as there are a couple of things a lot of people dont know.... Ive decided to start a (hopefully sticky) thread.

First my major one:

You can finish a hack early if both you AND the opponent use all of your nodes. This means that you can sneakily hack and loot somebody else WB (or you own before they can) within 8-15 seconds (just an example). It also means you are vulnerable for less time

and one for PPUs, I just got told this myself:

After casting a soulcluster you can direct it to attack certain people by casting it AT enemies once it has been summoned.

Thats it from me.. please feel free to post your own, thats what this thread is for.

Pill
01-09-03, 22:24
Albert Einstien Worked in The Patent Office O_o

:lol:

Seriously:

A hack can be finished if either A) both you and the ai have used up all your nodes OR B) You have all the nodes activated

[Edited for spelling]

VVerevvolf
01-09-03, 22:28
No, I can have all nodes, it wont end the hack.
I need to wait for the time to count down, or until the computer has used up his nodes.

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 22:32
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
I need to wait for the time to count down, or until the computer has used up his nodes.

Tis true. :)

HellHound
01-09-03, 23:39
Hacks can also end without the AI using all it's nodes, if there's no way it can bring you below the target. At least mine do. :lol:

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 01:04
isn't there a hotkey for replying to a direct message?

Marx
02-09-03, 01:07
Originally posted by VVerevvolf

No, you have to let the AI use up its four nodes... the things on the lower right hand side.

After all theirs are gone, and you use up all yours (upper left) while still getting the requisite amount of activated modules, then your hack is finished early

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 01:07
What do you mean the hack will end early?

Sometimes I'm just sitting there with all my trodes gone and all AI trodes gone and it still counts down to 0....

Othertimes it wraps up early.

If it's not auto-ending with both our trodes used up, can I 'esc' the hack screen and i'll have hacked the item?

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 01:08
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
isn't there a hotkey for replying to a direct message?

I think it's this...

+d THEIRNAME

Edit: Ack sorry didn't mean to double post.

Marx
02-09-03, 01:08
Whenever the AI's nodes are gone, as are mine. The hack finishes.

(shrugs)

Does it for me, don't know why it doesn't do it for you.

edit - actually, if there are paths still lit, it won't open until the paths are unlit.

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 01:20
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
I think it's this...

+d THEIRNAME

Edit: Ack sorry didn't mean to double post.

No I remember Positiva telling me about one where you just hit "r" and it adds them to direct or something. Never figured it out though.

KimmyG
02-09-03, 01:22
G stand for Greenfield the kimmy'est of all gorts :eek:

X452
02-09-03, 01:27
Originally posted by Mingerroo

You can finish a hack early if both you AND the opponent use all of your nodes. This means that you can sneakily hack and loot somebody else WB (or you own before they can) within 8-15 seconds (just an example). It also means you are vulnerable for less time

lol, wen i told my clan mate about this he thaught i was actualy hackin (cheatin) :P was funny

petek480
02-09-03, 01:47
No I remember Positiva telling me about one where you just hit "r" and it adds them to direct or something. Never figured it out though.

alt-d

Nidhogg
02-09-03, 02:09
Plus, you can click on their name if it's in the local list and add it to direct, team, etc. Most people probably know about that one though...

N

Drake6k
02-09-03, 02:23
Flashlights look cool on cursed souls.

ezza
02-09-03, 02:41
Originally posted by Drake6k
Flashlights look cool on cursed souls.

which is also a good sign that your enemy either has a 5 slot CS to be able to waste a slot with a light, or there very dumb and didnt know what they were doing

Omnituens
02-09-03, 03:00
Originally posted by ezza
which is also a good sign that your enemy either has a 5 slot CS to be able to waste a slot with a light, or there very dumb and didnt know what they were doing

tank = dumb.

but everyone knew that anyway.

Ryuben
02-09-03, 03:11
Originally posted by Omnituens
tank = dumb.

but everyone knew that anyway.

MEOW put that handbag down !!!

Omnituens
02-09-03, 03:13
Originally posted by Ryuben
MEOW put that handbag down !!!

Handbag, no.

Brick, maybe.

Handbag with a brick inside > you

Ryuben
02-09-03, 03:43
Originally posted by Omnituens
Handbag, no.

Brick, maybe.

Handbag with a brick inside > you

i got an idea why don't u bend over and ill stick this breeze block where hte sun doesn't shine, oh wait from what people have been saying u would like that so nvm ill jsut lob it at ur head now be quiet and get back on tpoic, or back to bed !!

Rieper
02-09-03, 03:47
if you zone into a non safe zone while carrying a rare weapon and lag enough to not zone (you pause and are only able to spin) then when you spin it leaves a trail... you can get some wicked screenies that way :)

work at it, zoning from pp1 to 2 :)

Roc-a-fella
02-09-03, 03:53
Originally posted by Rieper
if you zone into a non safe zone while carrying a rare weapon and lag enough to not zone (you pause and are only able to spin) then when you spin it leaves a trail... you can get some wicked screenies that way :)

work at it, zoning from pp1 to 2 :)

http://www.kth.cx/up/s/SWITRLY.JPG

Psyco Groupie
02-09-03, 04:23
radical!

shame its a lib though

Delloda
02-09-03, 04:45

CS with 3+ slots then ultima mod then ammo mod then anything...might as well be a flashlight! :p

All you really need is a 2+ slot cs and ultima to make it a leeto weapon.

Omnituens
02-09-03, 06:54
thats one kick ass pic.

need to do that with a RoG

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 07:24
Originally posted by petek480
alt-d

Beeeeaaaautiful!!!

Where was this stuff documented to begin with?

Psychoninja
02-09-03, 07:32

With ultima mods, who needs 4 - 5 slot CSs?
You can even add a laser :p

CyTeCH
02-09-03, 07:41
Originally posted by Psychoninja
With ultima mods, who needs 4 - 5 slot CSs?
You can even add a laser :p

uhm actually you cant add a laser, there was a time long ago where lasers could be added to CS's but this gave them a certain aim advantage :eek:

there are still some CS's with laser pointers on them in game, worth an absolute fortune on jupiter but i dont think anyone would be daft enought to sell one

Psychoninja
02-09-03, 07:45
I saw a tank on Pluto using one a few days ago.
Wonder how much it's worth 8|

Rai Wong
02-09-03, 07:58
you probably didn't know lasers increase accuracy

you probably didn't know drones can open doors

you probably didn't know vultures in the sky can dodge weapons and missiles.

Mankind
02-09-03, 09:01
Lets see..

You probably didn't know that 50 hack is all you will ever need for hunting warbots.

You probably didn't know that laser rifles should out 3 beams of power but only use 2.

You probably didn't know that you can cap a monk's dex in under an hour.

You probably didn't know that "L" parts are mostly rare implants, slotenhancers, melee weapons, ultima parts.

You probably didn't know that "T" parts are mostly rare weapons.

You probably didn't know that "E" parts are mostly rare capped player items and weapons.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - don't post exploits ]

You probably didn't know that even with a law chip in you aren't safe.

You probably didn't know that you can make 1million cr a day just from leveling constantly in the Chaos Caves.

You probably didn't know that combat rank isn't only dependent on one thing but on a mixture of alot of things.

You probably didn't know that a tank can use stealth 1 with the right imps and setup :)

You probably didn't know that a Private eye can ressurect with the right imps and setup :)

You probably didn't know that a Spy can cast shelter with the right imps and setup :)

You probably did know some of these things :D

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 09:12
Cap dex in an hour? Do tell............

Rizzy
02-09-03, 09:46
Implant a moveon in and out of yourself. Its real fast.

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 09:56
Do you think lomming my PSU for poking would be worth it?

Then lomming backzorz?

Archeus
02-09-03, 09:57
- You can buff your soul cluster to increase it's ability to attack.

- You can cast shields onto vehicles to protect them. Likewise with drones.

- You can use a weak parashock to help counter act holy parashock (get the worst lowest level made and cast on self).

- High level soul clusters can be commanded easier using the low level soul cluster spell. Hitting multiple targets with the spell will cause the SC to attack multiple targets (works mostly for monsters).

- You can call off a soul cluster from attacking by either distract mind or casting soul cluster on yourself.

- Distract monster is a very useful spell.

- Provoke is also a fun spell if used properly.

- DOY bots don't attack if you stand up close and right in front of them, attracted to psi emissions and follow a patrol path.

- There is a hidden big yellow ball in military base.

- You can sometimes jump out of the Subway trains and go wandering on the tracks.

- Crouching makes heals work longer.

- You can level up on construction missions by just buying the items from the shops.

- Plaza I sewers beside Crytons always spawns sewerbees and sewerflies in a certain spot. The other sewer always spawns spiders.

- You are less likely to crash on your craft if you don't have people talking when zoning or avoid zoning at a corner.

- There is a hidden sea at the top of the world (can't get to it anymore)

MjukisDjur
02-09-03, 10:09
Originally posted by Rizzy
Implant a moveon in and out of yourself. Its real fast.

There is no fucking way to do it under an hour though...
Took me a day (evil wait time for buffs etc)

MjukisDjur
02-09-03, 10:10
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Do you think lomming my PSU for poking would be worth it?

Then lomming backzorz?

Yup, you will gain the int fast as hell while poking. I lost 2 levels and gained one back (almost 2...)
Pretty weird we get all that exp for tradeskilling (as monks)

MjukisDjur
02-09-03, 10:12
dont crouch heal when poisoned

Omnituens
02-09-03, 10:17
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
dont crouch heal when poisoned

well duh. crouching extends all DoT things.

come to think of it, couching has got some major hax attached to it.

NERF TEH CROUCH!!!11one

Mankind
02-09-03, 10:50
Yes it took an hour (sorry actually about an hour and a half) but I won't tell how it was done but it's very possible, you just need to think :)

Jesterthegreat
02-09-03, 12:43
Beeeeaaaautiful!!!

Where was this stuff documented to begin with?

*sigh* look in controls... its labeled 'quick reply' or 'quick direct' or something... its with the view change buttons opn the list

Archeus
02-09-03, 12:59
Here is some more.

The following are sworn to appease the slot gods to give you more slots.

- Putting parts into processor manually.

- Putting parts into processor manually based on the order of ingredients on the blueprint.

- Same again only in reverse.

- Closing all windows.

- Jumping

- Looking up (or down?)

- Being in a zone that your faction owns (eg. VR2 for Tangent)

- Having positive soul light

- Having high faction rating

- Praying to the slot gods (Slotor, Raror, Constructoror, and others)

- Using a slot enhancer.

Jesterthegreat
02-09-03, 13:00
Originally posted by Archeus
The following are sworn to appease the slot gods to give you more slots.

- Using a slot enhancer.

^.^

Richard Slade
02-09-03, 13:00
Let's see here:
You didn't know

-Droners hack better than anyone else

-You can drive vhcs into the bunker at MB

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

-Drones have no reflection

-Droners hold drone in left hand in 1st person and right hand in 3rd

-NC is trying to combine with SW:G (sure u didn't know.......)

-If u change color on a PA and zone your clothes will go back to original color

-Low fps increases rof

-U don't always get full points from loms

-Sometimes u get extra points from loms

-Loming correctly gives u extra points

-3rd person view with a drone fucks up aiming TOTALLY on some drones

-You can get a hover into TG

-A 0/2 can leech from a +50/50 with the right team

-A spy caps faster with loming from one weapon (a certain weapon) to another (of own choice)

-WBs spawn ON bunkers sometimes

-Good ninjas take an OP without even going into it

[ edited ]

-You can use weapons under water

[ edited ]

-Combat rank is skills more than weapons

-Flashlights give advantages in pvp

Well some of you did know but heck not all
:D :D :D

Jesterthegreat
02-09-03, 13:05
ok here goes

- LE no longer has XP reduction

- pistol spies are viable... with the right setup

- you can reload in 1/4 the time if you time the reload button right (as soon as the first bullet af the last burst leaves the barrel with a CS iirc)

- the quickest way to get SL (and safest with LE) is delivery missions in TH (for FA missions - easy / V easy)

- 2 pistol spies > 1 capped tank (proven by some idiot blue PA tank who attacked us ^.^)

- NC Junkie is 230 skill resser, AND reps at 130 skill (res all, no rare failure, rep 0/120 to 116/118 first time)

ok im bored now... and my mind is blank

NC Junkie

Richard Slade
02-09-03, 13:06
And hey the ultimate thing with slots:
At a certain point u get more slots based on ur cst lvl

High cst is NOT always the best. At the right tl u get more slots than if it's higher.

CarniFlex
02-09-03, 13:45
For droners

Never fly a drone into a stuntrap stasis field it will destroy it.

The right click when flying a drone repairs it but takes some ammo/energy

pressing alt + C changes chatmodes (even works when flying drone o_O )

Richard Slade
02-09-03, 14:40
okey carni aren't we getting a li'l n00bish here now .. alt+c and right click? God damn my man that aint something a droner will MISS! Except those pestering 0/2-10/15 droners...

MrBane
02-09-03, 14:54

2: If you go to Options, you'll see Movement In RPOS. This is the much maligned moving whilst typing option. You need to have this highlighted in order to be able to move and chat at the same time. Amazed at how few people knew that existed.

Selendor
02-09-03, 15:11
People may know these already but what the hell:

- If you run off the end of the world you get put back in your appartment

- You get insane height from many drones by shuffling back and forwards, looking down and up respectively

- When killing enemy factions for your epic you can't lose soulight, even in a hunting ground (was recently told that)

- There's an exit from the mainsewers that pops you out in the outzone near a suspicious table. There is no entrance back.

- Even with twice the necessary research skill of an item, it is still possible to fail and even destroy it.

- Use the Op security abreviation letters on the world map to see the real location of certain Ops that are drawn in the wrong place.

- Your PSI mana recharges slower if you are crouching

I reserve the right to be completely wrong about these.

Heavyporker
02-09-03, 15:17
is that true about that deadend mainsewer exit?

Hmm.. I guess I better get a weeny itty bitty exploration team and get back for a proper exploration of the mainsewers.

I did do one full run in one direction of the mainsewers - from PP3 to INDA 2, I think... I remember doing another leg before that, I think, from PP3 to OZ something... and a stumble in an OZ mainsewer end...

Man... mainsewers are ficking HUGE... One could start down there as a noob and find his way out after capping just working around down there.

Shame the variety of mobs isnt better down there.

]v[ortice
02-09-03, 15:19
All due respect Baney...

Movement in RPOS mode is damn annoying and should not be advertised unless to provoke some silly line-dancing spree in Plaza1 :)

Why do you want to line dance while u type?

What's that someone said that NC is trying to join up with SW:G? It was in amongst some useful facts... but was it a red herring?

enablerbr
it's also a pity theres no gogo's down there. so if you run out or ammo etc.. your dead.

Richard Angelus
-if you Damageboost a Mob and an other runner (not in your team) kill the Mob (shoot at it), you get some XP :D

G.0.D.
02-09-03, 15:42
Neocron is joining with swg

I can confirm that! , tanks will be replaced by wookies and jedis with monkehs

Jesterthegreat
02-09-03, 15:43
lol

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 15:50
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
All due respect Baney...

Movement in RPOS mode is damn annoying and should not be advertised unless to provoke some silly line-dancing spree in Plaza1 :)

It is nice to be able to type while driving along, without having to stop your vehicle (run-lock=cruise control).

Jesterthegreat
02-09-03, 16:05
aye... running away and typing or driving and typing are good...

jumping and moving each was for a second at a tyme while typing isnt so good!

NC Junkie

Al3X
02-09-03, 16:10
computer has influence on hacking... faster computer = lines disapear faster
hacking has becomen a lot easier since i bought a new computer. (only "active" lines are being activated by the computer)

DonnyJepp
02-09-03, 16:10
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
aye... running away and typing or driving and typing are good...

jumping and moving each was for a second at a tyme while typing isnt so good!

NC Junkie

Oh is there a way to turn the feature on and off within game? or only the options screen...

Oh and btw something you maybe didn't know:

A PE can use both an SS and an SF (slightly drugged). How do I know this? I just got an SS chip installed in my research PE yesterday, once I cap dex it should be a small matter to drug and pop in a SF also. Why do this? I have no idea. My research PE resses at about 142 :D

Itth
02-09-03, 16:16
acticationg rpos will make u go faster when in a gravity lift.

FBI
02-09-03, 16:24
Originally posted by Itth
acticationg rpos will make u go faster when in a gravity lift.

my real life friend figured that out one day in beta, i couldn't
believe it but it was true :p

Archeus
02-09-03, 16:29
In TH I just jump off the ledge.. not many people know but there is a grav lift sweet spot near the bottom that if you hit you take no damage when you land.

Nidhogg
02-09-03, 16:42
This is the THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW thread, not the EXPLOITS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW thread. Please think before you post, thanks.

N

Shujin
02-09-03, 16:47
ey nid ;D im bak ;] go vote for meh heads ;] u said u liked em ;p

Itth
02-09-03, 16:48
Originally posted by Nidhogg
This is the THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW thread, not the EXPLOITS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW thread. Please think before you post, thanks.

N

lol and u think i can tell teh dirfference beetwedn a thing and explitn? omg

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 16:54
There's a passage from the bump assilum to the OZ prizon..

There's a door that can't be seen...

The plants in the bump assilum charge 500nc if you click on them..

Shujin
02-09-03, 17:04
if u drive a hover at the very edge of the top of the map thru the water a couple zones away from mb, it gets all freaky

it sometimes acts like ur not in water, and ur completely underwater like 30 ft ;o

VirtualReGen
02-09-03, 17:22
damnit everytime i look in here i miss the exploits! the mods are to fast! :mad: :p :)

Archeus
02-09-03, 17:24
There is an NPC called a "Drug addict" that appears from time to time in OZ2 that gives you a street model rifle for some white flash.

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 17:42
Sewer king takes money off you even if you don't buy anything.

G.0.D.
02-09-03, 17:43
We have no choice but to double post the exploits! the mods cant stop us then... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok ill ban my self

s0apy
02-09-03, 17:54
the little flowers on the table at Yo's in Krupp Factory are, in fact, a fully working recreation table.

ps. is that an exploit? actually, technically it probably is - i'll know if my post gets edited.

HellHound
EXPLOITS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW

We knew. Oh, we knew. ;)

Fact: if you stick both hands down your socks and rub the balls of your feet while manipulating the mouse with your nose to run construction processes, you get 5 slots every time. :rolleyes:

Q`alooaith
Originally posted by G.0.D.
We have no choice but to double post the exploits! the mods cant stop us then... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok ill ban my self

Yo G.O.D.

You need to type, /set Ban_self 1

realy easy..:rolleyes:

s0apy
02-09-03, 18:00
oops - thought of another one (apols for double posting).

GMs are issued with rares that have only 60% in all stats. why? in case they get killed by accident and drop them, they'll effectively be useless (with their uber high stats GMs still cap them anyways).

Spoon
02-09-03, 18:17
There's a place in OZ5 that will GR you back to your apartment for free, if you know "where to go".....;)

Tickles
02-09-03, 18:35
PM me the exploits!!! :p

So imping a moveon repeatedly caps monks dex quickly eh? :)

Excellent....

And whats the other way?

Richard Slade
02-09-03, 18:41
If you have an issue or question for the Moderator, PM them, or Odin. Do no post on here in an attempt to get attention.

--Garm

Progenitor
02-09-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Spoon
There's a place in OZ5 that will GR you back to your apartment for free, if you know "where to go".....;)

I don't know if I know of the specific object you are refering to or not, but there are (or at least use to be) several elevator shafts access points throughout the world, that aren't actually in one of the apartment buildings.

There is one out in the swamps, one near krupp and one out near i9 or so (i forget)

You just need to look at every object in the game - box, plant, door, whatever - you'd be surprised what you find.

-p

Mingerroo
02-09-03, 18:51
Wow. Its amazing the amount of stuff I did know, and the amount of stuff I didn't. But yeah, the balls of your feet trick works for getting less researching failures too :p

[edit] Id love to be able to have the power to fix all the objects in the game... Id just go sector by sector fixing them.

i.e. Tables that think they're chairs, fences that are also thinking they are chairs.... Fences that are generally targetable... etc. Theres loads of bogus objects that I would love to spend a week fixing just so it looks right :)

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Mankind
Yes it took an hour (sorry actually about an hour and a half) but I won't tell how it was done but it's very possible, you just need to think :)

Why are you mentioning it if you won't tell? C'mon the whole "nah nah nah boo boo, I know a SECKRAT and won't tell" is a bit lame.

N

What exploits? PM them to me. :p

Whiety Bulger
02-09-03, 19:17
Nid is a CM droner on pluto

PvP is a core aspect of Neocron

Spoon
02-09-03, 19:45
Originally posted by Progenitor
You just need to look at every object in the game - box, plant, door, whatever - you'd be surprised what you find.

-p

Like the trees out at Tristar, that are Tech Doors, click on them and you sit inside the tree.....:)

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 19:50
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
Nid is a CM droner on pluto

omg

Should be able to figure him out with some thinking. muhahahahaha

FuzzyDuck
02-09-03, 19:53
I only found out yesterday that Alt+H brought out your fists o_O :eek: o_O

mystery8
02-09-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Selendor
- There's an exit from the mainsewers that pops you out in the outzone near a suspicious table. There is no entrance back.

Where might this be? :)
Only two places I found are where Outzone 6 joins Main Sewer 3 and where Main Sewer 5 joins Industrial Area 2.

Something some people might not know:
When you leave Neocron thru the main city gate, its easily possible to climb the mountain by going left as you go get off the ramp. Its a little tricky to keep from sliding back down, but its quite possible. From up there you can see behind the city gates. Be careful not to fall in though. There's a huge gap where the terrain just abruptly stops. I guess its a map bug that was never fixed (been there since at least Beta 4). The other two city gates and TG also have little 'gaps' behind them.

AxeMan
02-09-03, 20:18
If you head north in TH you exit the southern entrance (E07) and if you head south you exit the northern entrance (F07)

when you head north from IND area 2 into OZ 3 you arrive at the north end of OZ 3 looking south

The announcer says "......your rights and responsibilities as a neocron citizen at the NCPD in Via Rosso Sector 2" when its actually sector 3

Archeus
02-09-03, 20:21
Exploring finds some intresting things. I plan to add to the map from neocron.ems.ru all the niggly things I have found.

- weird buildings with broken TV's in them.
- Large towers you can't climb (someone told me they used to be landing strips?)
- Unique named monsters.
- Fall out shelter with loads of dead bodies, and an sign in the middle of nowhere that says "this way to the fall out shelter".

I've found vendors, buildings as well in the middle of nowhere that sell good stuff (great for levelling around as well).

Progenitor
02-09-03, 20:40
- Unique named monsters.

I wouldn't mind seeing that list, I've seen a few named like that and always wondered if there were others.

-p

Benjie
02-09-03, 20:43
- If you go to the blocked entrance of OZ7 and launch a drone, you can get to see through the fence!
- If you holster your weapon while reloading you still get the reload.
- You cant get out of the water in some areas on the Main Sewer.
- If you activate movement in R.P.O.S. mode then it is possible to use at a terminal from the middle of the wastelands.
- Law enforcers actually start off in cool condition. They only become shabby bacause you take them out.
- There are 6 entrances to NC (not including Gene replication)
- If you zone whilst on a SpeedBike, and screenshot just as you finish zoning, you get a picture of your character with his ass sticking in the air!
- There used to be an AIR bar for when you where underwater, but it never made retail.
- If set /emote sex /emote whassup /emote stupid to F1, F2, F3 then when you press F1, F2, and F3 you will do the emote without actually saying the word.
- Gambling is going to be implamented in the near future.
- there are user reviews at www.amazon.co.uk *wink wink*

mystery8
02-09-03, 21:19
Originally posted by Benjie
- There are 6 entrances to NC (not including Gene replication)

Where's #6? I know of 5 (the 3 city gates), secret entrances leading to Outzone 9 and the Secret Black Dragon section, but not a 6th. I've heard of a 6th that was in Outzone 7 but was removed (and since Outzone 7 is blocked off...).

Benjie
02-09-03, 21:28
Originally posted by mystery8
Where's #6? I know of 5 (the 3 city gates), secret entrances leading to Outzone 9 and the Secret Black Dragon section, but not a 6th. I've heard of a 6th that was in Outzone 7 but was removed (and since Outzone 7 is blocked off...).

The 6th is in the middle of the wastelands. You sycnch and zone to Plaza 1 about 15 meteres in the air, and fall down to your death dropping your quickbelt for all to hack. ^^

6th entrance is the back of an outpost. But it might have been the one that was closed as I heard it from a friend a while back.

Mingerroo
02-09-03, 21:50

- If set /emote sex /emote whassup /emote stupid to F1, F2, F3 then when you press F1, F2, and F3 you will do the emote

If you just SAY "/emote sex" etc then it does the action without the word.

Also, could you please tell me where the fallout shelter is, because I saw the sign then died looking for the damn thing :)

CyTeCH
02-09-03, 21:54
cant remember what zone its in but when ypu see the fallout sign just run in a straight line in the direction of the arrow, its not that far then.

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 21:54

Also, could you please tell me where the fallout shelter is, because I saw the sign then died looking for the damn thing :)

/e sex also does the emote without saying a word..

I'd like to know where that shelter is too.. though it might be the hidden door in the.....

Archeus
02-09-03, 21:56
It's near the sign. I would have to drive out that way but I've passed it many a time.

It is a group of buildings with a fence going around it. Inside are bones and dead bodies and a gogo.

You could use the Navray to find the gogo. It's right of Gab Mine zone, but before El Farid (south I think of El Farid).

Q`alooaith
02-09-03, 22:02
Factionless runners have their own faction chat..

Marx
02-09-03, 22:04
It's near the sign. I would have to drive out that way but I've passed it many a time.

It is a group of buildings with a fence going around it. Inside are bones and dead bodies and a gogo.

You could use the Navray to find the gogo. It's right of Gab Mine zone, but before El Farid (south I think of El Farid).

isn't that the abandoned mine? =/

the one with the dead TG guy on it?

edit: 'cause it'd be a piss poor fallout shelter anyway, lol

Xin
02-09-03, 22:13
Stuff that you may know but isn't published much:

You can speak on muted channels but, of course, won't hear the reply
DOY mobs, like NN2241 scouts are not aggressive to factions allied with DOY, like Fallen Angels
If you own an OP, you are not synaptically impaired when you GR into it.
The first thread in the announcements forum explains what stats affect what skills
LE users are not evil, but neither are PKers.
There are options to turn off the splash screens when starting neocron.
You gain CON exp from getting hurt, and healing.
The GR and apartment dialog boxes are persistant across the world... meaning if you open your apartment lift access control panel and type in your password, then hit cancel, when you come back to it later, all you have to do is hit OK. This comes in real handy when you're running for your life :p Same thing for genrepping... I've made it a habit to scroll the rep list back to APARTMENT after I rep somewhere, just in case.
"/e ehre" does a wierd bowing motion.. I assume it's german, can anyone translate/know the english version?
If a monster has already targetted you, stealthing does not help you escape subsequent shots

Itth
02-09-03, 22:18
Originally posted by Xin

"/e ehre" does a wierd bowing motion.. I assume it's german, can anyone translate/know the english version?
[/B]

ehre means honour i think and the same motion is triggered by ''greetings''

EDIT: teh quote got messed up, and i dont give a shit.

der Ed
02-09-03, 22:47
If you like some more not-so-nice emotes, try: fuck, asshole, bitch

BTW:
Ehre = honor, the word "greets" does the same animation

Archeus
02-09-03, 22:55
here is two I missed.

You can search for a clan on a subsection of thier name using %%

For example.

%%dark%% = Find anything with dark in the name or abbreviation.

dark%% = Find anything starting with dark.

%%dark = Find anything ending with dark.

Another trick is to go to your mail screen and select contacts and Add.

Then in the search option use %% to find the correct spelling of a persons name.

eg.. if thier name is .::Simon::. then %%simon%% should find it.

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 23:18
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Factionless runners have their own faction chat..

omg is this true?

Benjie
03-09-03, 00:09
I have one.

Every time a person buys Neocron, god kills a kitten. (This is CDV's new nc promotion)

AxeMan
03-09-03, 00:16
Just discovered this one tonight

if you click stop before you click start each time when researching you dont get that annoying bounce when the processor window goes one way and the pointer goes the other.

PsiCorps
03-09-03, 00:37
1: The mona liza original paiting is in Redrock mine Yo's
2: in gabanium mine theres a table called "a wodden door" (yes spelt like that) and you can sit on the table.
3: a mine (not going to say which) has an inacessable underground, good for genrepping into when udner attack
3: a Chair is on fire in the subway station
4: there are plenty of tables/doors/plants named "Old Bag" scattered around the wastelands.
5: In Gravis Uplink (or any?) the plants are able to be sat on (looks like your taking a dump on them lol)

Scikar
03-09-03, 00:39
The Mona Lisa is also in TG apartments.
There is a tree near Tristar Uplink, which is also called Wodden Door and can be sat inside (also looks like you're taking a dump against it).

Benjie
03-09-03, 00:40
5: In Gravis Uplink (or any?) the plants are able to be sat on (looks like your taking a dump on them lol) [/B][/QUOTE]

LOLOLOL yes I have seen that! Looks awesome!

PsiCorps
03-09-03, 00:43
6: Nidhog just pawned my sig :<

Scikar
03-09-03, 01:01
I thought the fallout shelter was that big square building in the side of a hill, with a few barrels outside and a maze on top with a couple of hackable boxes, but no entrance?

And the blocked off 6th entrance into Neocron warps you to outside the Crahn abbey.

mr murb
03-09-03, 01:09
The one room swamp cave by Jankins actually has as many rooms as a regular swamp cave. There just is no door to the other rooms. It had monsters and looked like the swamp cave at gravis. But with no shaman.
I zoned /crashed to the other side of the non-existent door. I wander for a really long time trying to find the way out. I could see names, see red damage numbers, and hear local chat when I was near the first room but I couldn't get out. It was cool for a while then became frustrating.

I had to reset position to get out of the cave.

FirestarXL
03-09-03, 03:04

But, only on your local client - other clients do not know you've said the word so no-one else sees the action.

Q`alooaith
03-09-03, 03:19
omg is this true?

Yes, factionless runners have a faction chat that other factionless runners can hear... pretty cool..

just a thought, but if a factionless runner made a factionless clan, it'd look just the same as the GM's tags... just somthing to mull over.. but it's impossibe to prove..

Though factionless runner's don't get a forum, and DoY bot's attack factionless runners..

Scikar
03-09-03, 03:23
Yes, factionless runners have a faction chat that other factionless runners can hear... pretty cool..

just a thought, but if a factionless runner made a factionless clan, it'd look just the same as the GM's tags... just somthing to mull over.. but it's impossibe to prove..

Though factionless runner's don't get a forum, and DoY bot's attack factionless runners..

That's because factionless runners don't actually have no faction. They just have a hidden faction. In almost all cases their faction is Soul Light, which is the CopBot faction. However sometimes they can be in other factions such as Mutants or Insects. And they can't start a clan because there are no clan keys for any of the hidden factions.

Mankind
03-09-03, 03:23
How do you turn off the splash screens before you login and when you exit the game?

nonamebrandeggs
03-09-03, 04:49
THEY AREN'T CALLED NODES THEY ARE CALLED DOTS!

Trivial
03-09-03, 04:56
Here is one....
You can copy blue prints....

You have to have the TL of the item the cube is a bp of of course.

put: BP, Empty cube, tool, start.

I do this myself, yet people still say I'm full of crap when I say you can do it....

PsycheBlade
03-09-03, 05:15
NOSPLASH = "TRUE"
NOEXTRO = "TRUE"
placed at the end of neocron.ini removes the splash screens

This'll free up another half a gig for your pr0n - you only need one terrain.pak to run both retail and test server installs of neocron - just place terrain.pak in "C:\"

Note: Last part of this I'm not 100% sure on - The longer a tradskill process takes the more exp you get from it, so its beneficial to keep low skill to get exp cheaper.

Someone whos capped will have better results with building/researching than someone who isn't.

Skill exp always stops 3 exp before the next lvl.

Thats all out of me for now - I can't think of anything else.

kurai
03-09-03, 05:39
Originally posted by Scikar
There is a tree near Tristar Uplink, which is also called Wodden Door and can be sat inside (also looks like you're taking a dump against it). There's full height cupboard in one of the buildings at Escador that is in fact a chair. You appear inside the cupboard/wall when you sit on it, and can then click to sit in the cupboard on the other side of the wall too.

Magic h4x walking through walls ! :D

Scikar
03-09-03, 06:07
I wonder how any of these bugs managed to make it in the first place.

jernau
03-09-03, 06:10

That's Blackhill Garbage Dump.

The fallout shelter/maze is here :
http://indifference.homeip.net/maze.jpg

Scikar
03-09-03, 06:17
Yah I was right! :D

kurai
03-09-03, 06:22
I wonder how any of these bugs managed to make it in the first place. Dev team of ... 3 ... would be the major clue.

Usually priorities are Showstoppers, then major global problems, then major local problems and so on.

Minor local inconsistencies that don't actually break anything, but are merely weird or annoying will almost certainly be on the bug tracker list ... but with a team of three there will never be enough time left over after looking at the higer priority stuff to ever get to them.

Varaem
03-09-03, 07:48
-ctrl-alt-f6 hides your rpos... makes for good screenshots/movies.
-you can get behind the fence in the MB erotic experience
-you can get ontop the medicare in plaza 1.. as in.. the VERY top
-in the test server, there was a guy that you could sit on.. not a table or plant, but a guy.
http://hometown.aol.com/varaem/chair.jpg
-in CRP, by the goguardian, there are a few boxes you can stand in so no one can see you while you log or go afk. can't shoot out of them though, because you can't see out unless in 3rd person, but still can't target anyone.
-for all you fps players out there, you can change your mouse sensitivity over the normal max by typing /set ctrl_mousefac x.x where x.x is a number. 2.0 is the normal max when using the options when neocron starts up. higher than 10 is insane
-Tanks, monks and spies all take more damage from force than any other type of ammo... or they should, but PEs take the least from force by far
-PEs can take less than 50 damage per full CS burst to the head using only self buffs, even though they get the worst con/armor setup in the game. I take around 48 consistantly, and I could take less damage with drugs

hm... if i think of anything else, i'll say it

Mankind
03-09-03, 07:59
Why are you mentioning it if you won't tell? C'mon the whole "nah nah nah boo boo, I know a SECKRAT and won't tell" is a bit lame.

Because this is the "THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW THREAD" I have to explain everything to an extreme detail? No. Go explore things and do some testing.

From level 1-35 dex in an hour and a half IS possible and I did do it on the test server. All I will say is...Level 1-20 is about 30 minutes, and the rest is an hour. Good luck.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-03, 08:01
:rolleyes:

PsycheBlade
03-09-03, 08:56
Originally posted by Mankind
From level 1-35 dex in an hour and a half IS possible and I did do it on the test server. Yeeeaaa... test server exp is boosted compared to retail...

Archeus
03-09-03, 09:40
Originally posted by jernau
That's Blackhill Garbage Dump.

The fallout shelter/maze is here :
http://indifference.homeip.net/maze.jpg
:lol:

I saw the fallout sign and went in the wrong direction it seems.

The place I am talking about is in the crossroads of I_09 (look for gogo on navray).

Seems to have more in then I remember. Like an expensive painting, and computer systems running.

eLcHi
03-09-03, 09:50
One that wasnŽt posted yet ...

Archeus
03-09-03, 10:13
Originally posted by eLcHi
One that wasnŽt posted yet ...

Imagine you and your buddy *snip*

That's an exploit and should no longer work since ages ago.

Mantus
03-09-03, 10:49
- If you activate movement in R.P.O.S. mode then it is possible to use at a terminal from the middle of the wastelands.

:confused:

Cypher_Psy
03-09-03, 11:47
No one seems to have posted this one...

# Beginning of post
In shops, things vary slightly each time you visit them...
When you go to a shop, the vendors inventory is generated when you open the vendor window (with randomised item stats within normal range) ...

When you close the window, and open it again the items are generated again...

While you have the window open, each item you buy is exactly the same if buying the same item over and over...

Not generally useful on normal items, but say very useful in yakarma's buying 3rd level buffs... or any shop where the items are slotted...
# End of post

Quite useful...

Dim
03-09-03, 12:23
Originally posted by Richard Slade
-Droners hack better than anyone else

Hacking: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL

Skills Guide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477)

CRAIG DIGGERS
03-09-03, 12:29

agree, flashlight don't look cool a empty slots does ;)

Richard Slade
03-09-03, 12:47
That is truly right on the money. AND so I can again say:
Droners hack better than anyone else!

Originally posted by Dim
Hacking: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL

Skills Guide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477)

Richard Slade
03-09-03, 12:50
And here's a little something Nid SHOULD remove since it's a stupid exploit from the games side...
Yes the game exploits itself.....

When LEd turrets can, and will if they're programmed to, hit you but you cannot hit them

Remove as exploit and ban the game damnit!

mystery8
03-09-03, 13:24
Originally posted by Richard Slade
And here's a little something Nid SHOULD remove since it's a stupid exploit from the games side...
Yes the game exploits itself.....

When LEd turrets can, and will if they're programmed to, hit you but you cannot hit them

Remove as exploit and ban the game damnit!

They added that after people complained (and rightfully so) about LE users destroying turrets. Likewise if Turrets didn't fire at LE users, a Clan could send an LE monkey in to spy and such. Its better this way.

Back on topic....
Anyone ever explore the Gaya Mines? They're pretty fun to roam around, but you have to watch out for the Malfunctioning STORM Units. Took down my PA/Duranium 4 Tank with 1 shot :(
There's a large crane or something in one of the lower levels and one of those Two Chev (or is it 4?) Warbots like the one that hangs out outside Tech Haven for the NEXT epic down there too.

Archeus
03-09-03, 13:50
Here is another..

Hoverbots talk. Someone said only droners can hear them but if you find a large tower out in the wastelands (4-5 story) and attack the bot from the top it flies up and talks to you.

Rieper
03-09-03, 13:52
PPU/Hybrid team (about two patches back.. me and sirrah) took the gaya mines.. lost about 50 health at most... Monks pwn the mines

The game still contains trip mines, i've had a bug where i saw them on sale in plaza 2 HEW for 12 mil...

ericdraven
03-09-03, 14:01
Maybe this is not reproducable, but:

i tried to get 19.991.337 NC on my mainchar.

It didn't work. Either i ended up with 19.991.338 or 19.991.336.
When i had 19.991.336 and got 1 NC from another char it added two. If i transfered back one NC it removed two NCs.. :lol:

Shockwave
03-09-03, 14:27
- At the bottom of Gaya Mine C there is a Tacholytium Titan Warbot (Anyone notice what the Crahn Epic gauntlet is called? Epic quest mob, anyone? ;) )

- Gaya C contains a "CopBot Defector" (As well as various other loony CopBot variants - God bless Stealth :D )

- There's a lone fenced-in building on the north west coast near Rockshore as I remember. The gate is open, and there's a corpse inside.

- You need 2 people to see the Big Yellow Ball in MB.

- The El Farid Village and Escador Oasis GRs are bugged. When you GR there, you appear at the zone reset point (Better than it used to be - apparently you used to materialise at the top of the ceiling box and drop to your death!)

Shock.

Archeus
03-09-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Shockwave
- There's a lone fenced-in building on the north west coast near Rockshore as I remember. The gate is open, and there's a corpse inside.

Someone mentioned one time they found an island out in the middle of nowhere that had a hut with a corpse in it.

I spents literally days checking every ocean looking for it (that is how I found the hidden sea up north).

Finally after much searching it turned out they just got lost in the ocean and the place was the one you describe. o_O

Original monk
03-09-03, 14:39
Originally posted by ericdraven
Maybe this is not reproducable, but:

i tried to get 19.991.337 NC on my mainchar.

It didn't work. Either i ended up with 19.991.338 or 19.991.336.
When i had 19.991.336 and got 1 NC from another char it added two. If i transfered back one NC it removed two NCs.. :lol:

LoL it seems you watch youre cash veery carefull, funny bug btw LoL

GurTjaN
03-09-03, 16:33
There are players who round around with names like

<scanning...>

Totally fooled me till i noticed there was one in my buddy list :D

superfresh
03-09-03, 16:41
That's because factionless runners don't actually have no faction. They just have a hidden faction. In almost all cases their faction is Soul Light, which is the CopBot faction. However sometimes they can be in other factions such as Mutants or Insects. And they can't start a clan because there are no clan keys for any of the hidden factions.

Ahh. That explains why I once got the interesting message, "You gained a little sympathy with insects." Strangely I was with Protopharm at the time, doing their epic...

Mingerroo
03-09-03, 16:47
Originally posted by Shockwave
- At the bottom of Gaya Mine C there is a Tacholytium Titan Warbot (Anyone notice what the Crahn Epic gauntlet is called? Epic quest mob, anyone? ;) )

- Gaya C contains a "CopBot Defector" (As well as various other loony CopBot variants - God bless Stealth :D )

Me nad my APU mate went in there at about 3 chev <<< or something and killed everything ***fairly*** easily. The mobs drop weapons at the end such as STORM laser cannons and i think I got a judgement day launcher either from there or elsewhere.

jernau
03-09-03, 16:52
JDLs drop from Doom Harbinger at Point Red.

STORM lasers drop from Malfunctioning STORM units in Gaia mines.

Both currently drop at cruddy quality but todays test patch apparently improves that though they don't say by how much (I'm hoping for artifact:)).

/edit - A Harbinger may also be in Calida village. I haven't been there for ages to check but it used to have one.

Spoon
03-09-03, 23:26
- Unique named monsters.

-Swamplizard Zyphotoles
-PSI-Spider Latekulus
-Sandmonster Karmanus

and a few more maybe?....

Also:

-Larent Hovercrafts, when in the game, had the highest drop rate percentage for Tech Parts(theoretically speaking).....

-Larent Hovercrafts were spawned by GM's during the "Great Larent Hovercraft Hunt"...(yeah, I'm guessing.....:p)

-Swamp Stranglers also spawn in "mountain zones"

-You can't land a flying vehicle on top of a HoverBot.....

Clownst0pper
03-09-03, 23:47
U might not know that. (most of the Veterans on here will know this shit)

- If u duck while stealthed it lasts 50% longer.

- DOY will never be released

- You can buy a room cleaner at Yutano Mine, place it in your apartment and it will clean up! (unsure if it still works)

- Most people who claim they Power LVL is imho down to NPC xping

- At the black mist garage dump, in the bottom of the pit, there is a dead body beside a safe, if you are low level enough, and you hack it, it throws out some nice armour (for lowbies)

- If you aim at peoples feet while PVPing, it will cripple there running speed (easy stuff)

- Decayed Horrors are possibly the easiest 95/95*** enemies to fight in the game, and are in abundance one zone south of Gabanium

- In F13 there is the most amount of 120/120*** fire mobs anywhere in the game, and they spaun faster than normal, making xping combined with a PPU very easy.

- Most of you might not know, but it is possible to sell a dimmension splitter on saturn for 33million (seen it with my own eyes!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:)

- If you are on your own, fighting a PPU (who with abit of luck doesnt have Holy paralysis) before u start firing use a dmg boost, then use ur own shitty heal on him, then he cant use his holy heal! wa laa! nice dmg with a shit heal :)

- DMG boosting a Terminal during a hack at an OP increases success rate (one of NC's many myths)

- It is possible to LVL off Tech Haven Turrets

Bout all i got, minds gone blank, Have fun!

Heavyporker
04-09-03, 00:59
Yes, I'm sure there's a Doom Harbinger down in Calida Village...

The storage area there, is, IMO, far larger than Point Red.

jernau
04-09-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

- You can buy a room cleaner at Yutano Mine, place it in your apartment and it will clean up! (unsure if it still works)

- Most people who claim they Power LVL is imho down to NPC xping

- DMG boosting a Terminal during a hack at an OP increases success rate (one of NC's many myths)

- It is possible to LVL off Tech Haven Turrets

Yutano - wtf? o_O

PLvl - not sure what you mean there either tbh

Hack - really? if so does this work for other hacks? has anyone tested it?

Turrets - Not any more or at least not in the way you used to be able to.

|R@zor|
04-09-03, 04:26
The copbots in the upper levels of Pepperpark sector 3 stand with they're weapon out all the time, and also dont react if you take you're weapon out, they dont shoot

eLcHi
04-09-03, 12:36

Last edited by Nidhogg on 03-09-03 at 12:15

Oooops, wasnŽt aware of that ... iŽll keep quiet then

eLcHi

Clownst0pper
04-09-03, 13:17
Yutano - wtf?

Yup, was there yesterday, baught one there for a friend.

Go C for urself!

And DMG boosting the terminal seems to work lots! :lol:

Archeus
04-09-03, 13:20
Locked houses (have fences in front of them) can be shot out and entered. Some have some good junk/loot (like the house up at DOY)

Archeus
04-09-03, 16:20
Forgot one from last night :D

NPC's can detect invisible GM's if they are part of an enemy faction.

Q`alooaith
04-09-03, 16:43
Forgot one from last night :D

NPC's can detect invisible GM's if they are part of an enemy faction.

If you zone just when somone sends you a local msg it will apear over the nearest persons head, even if they are an invisible GM..

jernau
04-09-03, 17:19
Yup, was there yesterday, baught one there for a friend.

Go C for urself!

And DMG boosting the terminal seems to work lots! :lol:

Do you mean the "Object Removal Tools" ?

If not - who do you buy them from and where?

Clownst0pper
04-09-03, 18:18
Do you mean the "Object Removal Tools" ?

Yup, sorry, we nick named them hoovers, seemed appropriate.

There off a vendor in one of Yutano's stalls, for like 2k a pop.

Real cheap!

Marx
04-09-03, 18:46
If you zone just when somone sends you a local msg it will apear over the nearest persons head, even if they are an invisible GM..

blackmail screenshots =DDDDDDDDDD

:confused:

PsiCorps
04-09-03, 19:01
Originally posted by Spoon
-Swamplizard Zyphotoles
-PSI-Spider Latekulus
-Sandmonster Karmanus

and a few more maybe?....

Also:

-Larent Hovercrafts, when in the game, had the highest drop rate percentage for Tech Parts(theoretically speaking).....

-Larent Hovercrafts were spawned by GM's during the "Great Larent Hovercraft Hunt"...(yeah, I'm guessing.....:p)

-Swamp Stranglers also spawn in "mountain zones"

-You can't land a flying vehicle on top of a HoverBot.....
Reaper Galopticus
Tachoylantium Warbot
Malfunctioning Warbot
Sandmonster Karminus/shite already mentioned

Mingerroo
04-09-03, 19:13
Tacholytium WBs are lame, if they are gonna have a unique name they should also be uniquely difficult with a unique drop....

Archeus
04-09-03, 19:16
Larent Hovercrafts - Was that GM spawned? I don't think it was. I think they had 1 on the server at any one time.

I did zone into an area that had one although I was already dead when I arrived.

PsiCorps
04-09-03, 19:18
TACHOLYITANTIUMZONEANIUM METAL PLATES MAkES YOU GODMODE

theyre gonna be used for the crahn epic like the tachylitantium glove might need the metal plates

jernau
04-09-03, 19:49
Yup, sorry, we nick named them hoovers, seemed appropriate.

There off a vendor in one of Yutano's stalls, for like 2k a pop.

Real cheap!

Ah, OK.

You can get them from all the OPs I think.

Spoon
04-09-03, 19:52
Larent Hovercrafts - Was that GM spawned? I don't think it was. I think they had 1 on the server at any one time.

That's what I'm guessing, it's the only thing I can think of that would explain the extreme randomness of the Larent spawn.
I don't recall there being a patch around the time of the event, doesn't it require a patch to put in a spawn "point"?

Mingerroo
04-09-03, 20:49
Not likely. At a guess Id say its just another "entity" like those in Half-Life. Rather than spawn the mob you spawn the entity to spawn mobs for you :) So no patch is necessary.