PDA

View Full Version : "OutZone" Storage Cell

Spoon
01-09-03, 18:03
Is the Storage Cell from the DRE Epic supposed to be in the OutZone?
I haven't seen in the Epic storyline, that it is, I noticed that Croncom's walkthrough only refers to it as "Storage Cell" and haven't heard any mention of it while doing the Epic, so far.

Can anyone that has completed the Epic tell me if it is actually referred to as an "OutZone" Storage Cell?

If so, is it a bug in the Epic, that people are receiving Storage Cells in Plaza?

*About the Poll*
Please only vote on the Poll if you have completed the DRE Epic in Retail, thanks....

Genty
01-09-03, 18:06
I finished the epic, but sold it and can't remember if the word outzone appears on it or not. Mine was in the OZ though, thats for sure :D

Legoias
01-09-03, 18:08
i cant remember or check cos the server just went down but Im sure it's just a storage cell. Mine is in the OZ and i would really have prefered a city one simply because there is no GR.

AxeMan
01-09-03, 18:08
i've done the epic recently and after reading croncom was afraid that it was in the outzone, but no.

mine is located in plaza 3 near the DRE hq

Sleawer
01-09-03, 18:09
I thought that the DRE epic, a faction specialized in appartaments and living, could be a better place than that utter piece of crap in the OutZone.

Yea, I got that appt in the OZ.. to me totally useless, I cannot have any order in my items if I use that appt; no GR and if I remember well also no CityCom.

Maybe someone else find it usefull for something more specific.

*dissapointed*

01-09-03, 18:14
I asked for info on this for my guide (see sig) at the time the Epic came out. I've had some reports of people getting them in Plaza 4 (same zone as Diamond HQ) but most seem to report them in the Outzone (the interior feel is certainly more Outzone than Plaza)

FirestarXL
01-09-03, 18:36
At a pure guess based on what I've heard people say, my guess is one in five appear in plaza 4, the rest are in outzone. I see no reason to believe that this wasn't intentional - since DRE HQ is also in plaza 3.

Plaza versions also serve some purpose and are actually worth paying for, unlike outzone ones which are pretty useless to most people.

I've done the epic with two chars on pluto, both were in outzone but I managed to buy a plaza version, so it's all good.

Shockwave
01-09-03, 19:02
The Storage Cell is just called "Storage Cell" whether it's in P4 or OZ1. There is one block in P4 and at least 3, possibly 4 blocks in OZ1 that are used, so you've got a 20% or 25% chance of getting a P4 Cell. I get the feeling it assigns them either randomly or cyclically (IE it goes round each Block in order) when the key is activated.

Mine was in OZ1 BTW, making it utterly useless to me. :(

Shock.

Opiate
01-09-03, 19:06
Mine is in the Outzone, and I would've traded it for one if it turned out to be a city apt. When anti-city faction runners get banned from Plaza, the storage Cell in the outzone is the ideal place to store all my goodies :D

Spoon
01-09-03, 19:13
The reason I'm asking is because I want one that's in the OutZone, since there's no Copbots or City guards in OZ1....:lol:

I take it, I wouldn't have much of a problem trading a Plaza one for a OutZone one, right?

Also, they do have Gogo's in them don't they?......:wtf:

Sleawer
01-09-03, 19:20
So as a member of DRE I get my epic to sell it to DoY members, very usefull for me.

I dont say the appt cannot be used, but as it is now, a plaza 3 appt fit much more what a DRE member can need.

Also an epic mission should have a standard reward, not more valuable for ones, and less for others. That totally sux.

Alex Mars
01-09-03, 20:11
When the term "cell" is used, exactly what are you describing? An empty room with a locked door? This is an epic reward?

KimmyG
01-09-03, 20:11
I got mine in the outzone wich is total BS it is absoulutely usless to me so it sits there unused.

Opiate
01-09-03, 20:50
Originally posted by Spoon
Also, they do have Gogo's in them don't they?......:wtf:
Yup, gogo, bed......ehm that's about it.

Oh yeah, and about 15 boxes you can use as storage :D

hnlecter
01-09-03, 20:59
Originally posted by Opiate
Mine is in the Outzone, and I would've traded it for one if it turned out to be a city apt. When anti-city faction runners get banned from Plaza, the storage Cell in the outzone is the ideal place to store all my goodies :D

Oh my you read my mind nos!

Spoon
02-09-03, 06:33
Originally posted by Alex Mars
When the term "cell" is used, exactly what are you describing? An empty room with a locked door? This is an epic reward?

It's a sleazy apartment you get for completing the DRE Epic.
See 5150's post in this thread and click on the link in his sig., it's listed under Outzone apartments.

Getting an "OutZone" Storage Cell would save me from buying 3 PP Small Apt's, I'll use it to store all the crap I've hoarded(old weapons, implants and weapon/VHC/implant parts) since early retail.
I'll still have to buy 2 or 3 PP apartments for a Primary and a place to store spare armor/weapons and rares/tech parts.

Another Question:
Are the Rotten boxes coded as Cabinets or rotten boxes, ie; can anyone open them, or just the apartment owner?

@Sleawer, KimmyG and others..
You'll soon find out that the Cells located in the Outzone will become more valuable once Anti-City factions are booted out of NC.
Opiate is already thinking ahead and others will start to follow soon, I think alot of people are waiting to see what the new GR rules will be for anti-city factions.

Drexel
02-09-03, 06:42
Does the unused key say if its Outzone or Plaza?

How did you know you were buying a Plaza one ?

Once the appartments are registered can they be Sold / Traded or can only unused keys exchange hands ? Bringing me back to the question, do you know its in OZ or Plaza before registation ?

Thanks. :confused:

02-09-03, 11:11
If it follows the same procedure as other apartment keys you wont know where it is until you activate it (and at that point its too late)

Unless the devs have fixed this particular bug (and I havent read anything to indicate they have) an apartments existance is tied to the activating character - if that character is deleted then the apartment is deleted

This is the main reason I have never bought the Storage Cell key from another Runner

Sleawer
02-09-03, 14:08
@Spoon,

The boxes are like cabinets, only the owner can open them, otherwise the appt would have much more uses.

DRE is not an Anti City faction, so his epic is a flaw for them, unless you got it in Plaza 3.

Imo the appt should be relocated for all, and definetly redesigned to be a much more confortable place, of easy storage.

AxeMan
02-09-03, 19:32
As i said earlier mine is in Plaza 3, ideal for me to use as a workshop.
1 box is near the gogo, that takes chemicals. another is in easy reach of the first, that takes weapon parts and implant parts.
the next 2 are in reach of the second etc. etc.

ideal for making / storing parts / storing finished weapons. :D

lullysing
02-09-03, 19:47
Well, i'm going to tell you into my little secret, and tell you what the whole "backup plan" is all about...

Essentially, the outzone storage cell may not have all the basic necessities , but it's all right, you dig? Cuz if you're smart, just like good ol'Juju , you would know that the crap "sleazy outzone appartments" ( also known as the 'ghetto palace special' ) just so happen to be located in the exact same buildings...

So when i saw someone letting go of a good and solid real estate investment in the hood, i nabbed it, then bought a ghetto palace special in the same building!!!

Result : 3 cabs, 2 gogos, a replicator, a citycom , and 14 storage boxes for a good paltry 560000 credits.

And i can even make it my home base homie. And that, my fellow punters, was the ultimate guide to maximising your real estate investment in the hood.... you dig?

Spoon
02-09-03, 20:23
Originally posted by lullysing
Essentially, the outzone storage cell may not have all the basic necessities , but it's all right, you dig? Cuz if you're smart, just like good ol'Juju , you would know that the crap "sleazy outzone appartments" ( also known as the 'ghetto palace special' ) just so happen to be located in the exact same buildings...

So you just bought a "sleazy" Outzone apartment from the Black Dragon apartment vender, or are there other places to buy the Outzone apt's?

Did you get lucky when you bought it, getting the same door as the storage cell, aren't there 2 apartment blocks(4 doors total) in Outzone 1?
Or are all the purchased apt's at the same door?

Progenitor
02-09-03, 20:25
When I did the DRE epic back when they first came out, I got my storage cell in the outzone, which was fine by me. I own six other regular apts out there.

Can anyone confirm the location of the storage cells now?

I'd really like some more out there. Save on running between apts.

-p

lullysing
02-09-03, 20:26
You can only get the ghetto palace specials from the black Dragons vendor, in the HQ in pepper 2. There are 3 ghetto palaces in total. I was lucky and got one in the same building. Worst comes to worst, you can always walk a corner or two... or buy another ghetto palace special .

;p

Progenitor
02-09-03, 20:30
Originally posted by Spoon
So you just bought a "sleazy" Outzone apartment from the Black Dragon apartment vender, or are there other places to buy the Outzone apt's?

Did you get lucky when you bought it, getting the same door as the storage cell, aren't there 2 apartment blocks(4 doors total) in Outzone 1?
Or are all the purchased apt's at the same door?

AFAIK, you can only buy outzone apts from the Black Dragon dealer.

There are three apartment blocks - three doors A, B, C.

The two that are together, (can't remember which letters) are kinda messed up. When you go up to an apartemnt in lift "A", you come down in lift "B". Which, makes it nice if you have an apt in both "A" & "B", as you can get to both of them without having to leave the elevator.

At about 57k an apt, I can affoard to throw away the apts from the other single lift apt building - doesn't make sense to run from A and B to C.

ALSO, is it true, that as long as you register the apt to you and change the password before the original owner deletes himself, you keep the apt???

-p