PDA

View Full Version : Cannonball Run NC

d3ik
01-09-03, 17:10
This may have been done before, flame appropriately if it has...

I think it would be cool if there was a Hovertech race across the entire Neocron Wasteland. Start out at one of the Neocron exits, then there would be a number of checkpoints you would have to hit going all across the map. The race path would be kind of a triangle, NC to MB to DoY Entrance, back to NC with checkpoints along the way. By checkpoints I mean there would be a bunch of unique items on the ground, or on a player (have to decide whether that would take too long to trade) and a player there to check off names as they go by. At the end of the race the winner would have to have all of the items and (obviously) be first back.

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd players would receive cool prizes. If I could get GM's involved there could be some even better loot.

Add ideas/concerns as appropriate.

[Edit] - After some more thorough searching it looks like this has been brought up before. Still interested in opinions though.

Weazle
01-09-03, 17:19
I think its a wonderful idea :)

All those Y Reps and Johnny 5s would make it interesting ;)

LTA
01-09-03, 17:23
Originally posted by Weazle
I think its a wonderful idea :)

All those Y Reps and Johnny 5s would make it interesting ;)

Maybe with the addition of "Rebels" taking down the enemy faction racers along the way... ie like the pod races in sws (erk is it sw day for me or something O_o)

SynC_187
01-09-03, 17:28
Like it.

Don't think my APU would last long, but fun anyway.

Rated 5 stars.

Whiety Bulger
01-09-03, 17:28
Clan mates would camp at check points with rhinos and blow em up.

d3ik
01-09-03, 17:32
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
Clan mates would camp at check points with rhinos and blow em up.

That's one thing that I am worried about... the 12-year-old factor. Hopefully if the GM's would get involved we could have a copbot (or something) at every checkpoint that would be able to deal with such campers... however the 'in-between' areas of the race are free game. It would add an element of adventure, and also you wouldn't be able to pick someone off with the hovertech's speed. Any other holes I don't see?

nova
01-09-03, 17:34
I think its a cool idea but going into areas with johnny 5s and Y's on a hovertech is a death wish for city factions.

d3ik
01-09-03, 17:38
Originally posted by nova
I think its a cool idea but going into areas with johnny 5s and Y's on a hovertech is a death wish for city factions.

It will really be up to the player to decide the course. The race checkpoints would be posted beforehand and the player can plot out his own course. If necessary he/she can avoid those sectors, and in the planning of the checkpoint locations provisions will be made to accomodate all factions.

Q`alooaith
01-09-03, 17:39
Originally posted by nova

Not always, I do it each time I go to tescom, I know I should tag the genrep, but it's more fun just to wing it...

it'd mean carful driving rather than fast..