PDA

View Full Version : Question to PPUs

Heavyporker
01-09-03, 15:57
Do you PPUs ever use PSI Shield?

Does it give any other good things other than letting you live off your mana?

Ste-X
01-09-03, 15:59
there is no point to using it,

the mana you loose from geting hit it just wasted since the psi pool regen is so slow

you can outheal most attacks with a holy heal (capped ) and your buffs

Sleawer
01-09-03, 16:04
Psi Shield is bugged; is not logic that with a holy deflector on and psi shield, a nailgun shot eats an insane ammount of mana.

ericdraven
01-09-03, 16:07
Originally posted by Sleawer
Psi Shield is bugged; is not logic that with a holy deflector on and psi shield, a nailgun shot eats an insane ammount of mana.

Yep, it seems that the PSI shield gets the damage unfiltered - without the effect of shelter, deflector, resists and armor. Quite useless i'd say.. at least the lowest PSI shield, don't know about the Holy one.

Heavyporker
01-09-03, 16:23
Hmm... perhaps some interested high level PPU monks can take a look at PSI Shields?

And besides, even though intrinistic mana regen is shit - PPU would have FAR more mana than HP, and PSI Boosters refill mana much faster than medikit does to HP... and said PPU could pile on heals all the while....

JustIn_Case
01-09-03, 16:26
But PPUs doesnt use medikits :)

Holy Heal regenarates HLT much faster then a psi booster regenerate the mana pool. And on one mana pool you can cast 8-15 Holy Heals....

Tyranny
01-09-03, 16:28
Last time I used PSI Shield I almost died, mana loss was toooooo quick for the mana regen, much better to just holy heal..... :D

Heavyporker
01-09-03, 16:30
Hmm.... from what you guys are saying... considering their limitations... ooooh!!!!

Now that's an idea...

You said PPUs won't touch it? You say PPUs can get much more out of Holy Heal?

Then that's okay!

QuantumDelta
01-09-03, 17:17
It hasn't been useful since PSI Boosters became non-instant.

Only class it benefits now, is PE.

Ryuben
02-09-03, 04:00
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
It hasn't been useful since PSI Boosters became non-instant.

Only class it benefits now, is PE.

and only them threw gimpage

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 04:04
trudat, think I explained that one in the APU PSI Shield thread...somewhere

DCSparkes
02-09-03, 12:32
The only time I use it is to buff up for a run across hostile territory, for instance belt retrieval. Basically you buff up, cast the spell and run.

Apart from that the mana loss is crippling.

Rizzy
02-09-03, 12:42
PPU would have FAR more mana than HP

Really? I have 444 hp on my ppu and a mana pool of like 310, still, the capped spells rock.

QuantumDelta
02-09-03, 13:49
I think he meant if you include the regeneration of mana with PSI Boosters against the regeneration of HP with medis.....err I think