PDA

View Full Version : NeMa4 : Contest Discontinued

Iorghe
01-09-03, 08:01
Thanks to some individuals a nice initiative of the neocronicle magazine is now scrapped. Wolfsbane made us a nice crossword puzzle and this was off course a suprise for all happy neocron and NeMa fans. The reward to the first one solving it WAS an mc 5 chip. The contest wil not be continued.

Let me say that in simple and bold english: THERE WILL NOT BE A REWARD FOR SOLVING THE CROSSWORD.

I'm deeply dissapointed in some of you.

I could write so many things here just to discribe how I feel. I will not go into that.

Feel free to discuss

Shadow Dancer
01-09-03, 08:18
What's wrong? What happened?

IceStorm
01-09-03, 08:20
My guess is that someone obtained/released a copy of the crossword puzzle and has it all filled out, ready to submit once NeMa4 is published.

Lanigav
01-09-03, 09:24
It never ceases to amaze me how immature some of Neocron's players can be. You'd think an M rated game would attract more mature people instead of first graders.

Psychoninja
01-09-03, 09:32
Atleast it was stopped before people could cheat on it.

TEBO
01-09-03, 09:57
Man, u guys have to adapt better, dont give up to easily :rolleyes:

If indeed the solution to the crossword being given out was the reason, then change the rules of the comp to FIRST ONE OUT THE HAT. Problem solved.

Positive Thinking?

Edit: Damn I'm all thumbs!

msdong
01-09-03, 10:00
so it was solved before nema is out and send in ???
why did this input was exepted ???

EDIT LINE: Oh i see only the answers are out...

ok i dont care about the free stuff and please dont let community bring u down. im shure u did a good job.

well i hope we get the nema this afternoon.

Psychoninja
01-09-03, 10:21
Originally posted by msdong
so it was solved before nema is out and send in ???
why did this input was exepted ???

EDIT LINE: Oh i see only the answers are out...

ok i dont care about the free stuff and please dont let community bring u down. im shure u did a good job.

well i hope we get the nema this afternoon.

The answers weren't out, just the puzzle (from what I've been told anyways) And no the solved puzzle wasn't sent it, someone tipped off Henry about people having and solving the puzzle ahead of time.

msdong
01-09-03, 10:28
Originally posted by Psychoninja
..., someone tipped off Henry about people having and solving the puzzle ahead of time.

as worse as the answers.
thx for comment

Judge
01-09-03, 12:23
That fucking sucks. :mad:

Some people need to grow up, stop cheating to get a few lines of what is at the end of the day insignificant data. Someone gives up his time to do something interesting and new for the Nema and you go and throw it back in his face. Why don't you try and make something fucking interesting for once. :mad: :mad:

This is for you.

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/1/twak.gif

Weazle
01-09-03, 12:44
Time and time again ...... the community seems to be let down by the few selfish and immature individuals :mad:

Mumblyfish
01-09-03, 12:53
So it's decided. The community is full of self-centred pricks. I hope "you" (the person who released whatever) at least have the decency to apologise.

Jesus... Bane worked damn hard, I'm sure, to make something nice here, and what do you do? Wankers...

enablerbr
01-09-03, 13:19
to be honest. with a mc 5 chip as a prize did people really expect with this communitys track record. not to try cheating to win it.

djskum
01-09-03, 13:26
How did anyone get a copy of the x-word? Surely this is a security of data issue as it quite clear that the community can't be trusted with anything or to act in a responsible and appropriate manner...

DjSKum

Vampire222
01-09-03, 14:03
how fucking lame, submit something cool, then try and cheat on it, to win a stuuuupid mc5 chippy

Lethal Virus
01-09-03, 14:06
If someone tipped off Henry about it, Maybe you guys should be glad about that, otherwise people would have sent in the answers like 10 minutes after NeMa4 was released, and not giving everyone a fair chance O_o

Original monk
01-09-03, 14:33
Its obvious this community cant handle rare's, as soon as the word MC5 is spoken ya always hear the same shit: exploits here, exploits there, cheats here, cheats there, its petetic...

(btw: change mc5, the way it now is asks for exploits, there are numerous exploiters atm, even people yelling there mc5 exploits over the tradechannel, GM's know, KK knows, nothing happens, is this the rareplace we all need to hunt ? that exploithole near soliko ? I dont wonna exploit to get my rarechips, i would like to hunt hard for it, so please change this hellhole cause it didnt brought any good to the servers, only shit)

Also i know that if the word cheater or exploiter falls everybody starts hiding and pissin its pants, threads get closed etc, exploits are here, better hit the bad-asses hard, the way it is now sucks, the exploiters laugh at KK and continue there dirty work, sadly.

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 14:48
This is a disgrace. Its a game damn it... Someone does something cool and RP for the game and u have to screw it up by cheating... "OMG I MUST GET TEH MC5 CHIPZ".

Seriously this game is excellent, there is a tight centre of the community who is shit hot, and keep me playing this game... and then there are the 'oh so uber' cheaters, exploiters and shit... I mean come on its not even in game who gives a flying fuck about an MC5 chip o_O x_X I am very angry at the losers who felt it necessary to cheat, in my opinion there should be hand selected players moved to a special runner only server so the few hundred to five hundred people we get are the really cool, worthwhile people. Im sick of arseholes ruining our little extras given to us by KK.

:( Im fairly pissed off at whoever ruined this, cos just like preschool now NOBODY gets the prize.

Stigmata
01-09-03, 14:51
I struggle to think how mc5 can be exploited now, there is no where to hide, there is no safe spot, other than behind a small wall the mobs constantly walk round. there is no spot like previously where the mobs could not hit you.

All thats left now is a tiny room with 2 walls and 6 very pissed off mobs.

original, if you hear people saying they can solo MC5 as a spy dont take it seriously they are having a laugh at your expense.

you know what i am talking about and this is the reason you have posted the statement you did.

Andy

alig
01-09-03, 15:02
Fucking sux :mad:

Originally posted by stigmata
I struggle to think how mc5 can be exploited now, there is no where to hide, there is no safe spot, other than behind a small wall the mobs constantly walk round. there is no spot like previously where the mobs could not hit you.

All thats left now is a tiny room with 2 walls and 6 very pissed off mobs.

original, if you hear people saying they can solo MC5 as a spy dont take it seriously they are having a laugh at your expense.

you know what i am talking about and this is the reason you have posted the statement you did.

Andy

Mc5 is easily possible with 1 apu and 1 ppu.....ive done it man. :D

Load_HeavyLoad
01-09-03, 15:06
Yeah MC5 Chippies Ent all that Rare all you need is what ali says and have lady luck on your side

Stigmata
01-09-03, 15:19
Mc5 is easily possible with 1 apu and 1 ppu.....ive done it man.

could you point out to me where i said it was hard ?

12 parts in about 3 hours total over 2 days dont say to me its hard

Andy

Rizzy
01-09-03, 15:32
yes it is possible alig, but it is hardly exploiting is it (as original claimed people exploit in mc5)?

On topic of this thread, I don't see what posting on this thread acheives. It doesn't name anyone so everyone is just slagging off a nameless person or group or people. Also this announcement reminds me of a little school where one kid loses a pair of scissors and the other ikkle kiddies have to stay in at breaktime until they are found. Not very professional IMHO.

alig
01-09-03, 15:32
Originally posted by stigmata
could you point out to me where i said it was hard ?

12 parts in about 3 hours total over 2 days dont say to me its hard

Andy

I never said u said it was hard....tell me where i said u said it was hard? :lol: But with all that 'Theres no where to hide.....No where to run....d00med!' that u let off, gives me the impression u was thinking its hard.

Jesterthegreat
01-09-03, 15:59
Originally posted by Rizzy
Also this announcement reminds me of a little school where one kid loses a pair of scissors and the other ikkle kiddies have to stay in at breaktime until they are found.

LMFAO

Jesterthegreat
01-09-03, 16:06
cheating in a multi player environment is like faking an orgasm while masterbating alone...

whats the fucking point?

NC Junkie

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 16:10
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
cheating in a multi player environment is like faking an orgasm while masterbating alone...

whats the fucking point?

NC Junkie

surely the masturbating alone part would be cheating in a single player environment......

But yeah I get you, they should put their todgers away, get used to working for their orgasm and help others achieve an orgasmic state in the process. Instead of doing the five finger dig so that only they enjoy the sexual encounter o_O

:D

Helen Angilley
01-09-03, 16:25
/me is waiting for the people who blame KK over anything and everything.

MrBane
01-09-03, 17:38
Well, I have no idea how or what happened, all I do know, is I spent far too damn long on that Crossword to have some jerkoff find a way to ruin it for everyone.

Again, another fine reason as to why my subscription has been cancelled, and on Sept 30th, I'm out of here. (For a year at least)

Lethal Virus
01-09-03, 17:50
::sigh::

Another MC5 thread... :wtf:

MrBane
01-09-03, 17:52
Another MC5 thread..

No.. I think you'll find it's a:

' Some people deserve to have their faces smashed off a brick wall repeatedly, because they're cheating gypsie scumbags that are hell-bent on ruining fun for everyone else thread '

Weazle
01-09-03, 18:00
Amen :(

Heavyporker
01-09-03, 18:01
Fucking cockheads.... this won't prevent NEMA 4 from coming out today?

hinch
01-09-03, 18:35
i didnt even know there was going to be a quiz in it :( oh well pity

FirestarXL
01-09-03, 18:39
Originally posted by MrBane
Well, I have no idea how or what happened, all I do know, is I spent far too damn long on that Crossword to have some jerkoff find a way to ruin it for everyone.

Again, another fine reason as to why my subscription has been cancelled, and on Sept 30th, I'm out of here. (For a year at least)

Well, I don't know ya personally, but I've seen what you've tried to do for the game and it's a shame that it has been ruined by assholes. Probably a break is the best bet, and I hope you can rekindle some enthusiasm when you feel the time is right to come back.

Oath
01-09-03, 18:57
Total fucking Bs. Grow up.

nonamebrandeggs
01-09-03, 19:14
B-b-b-ban whoever did it, this totally fucking sucks.

Judge
01-09-03, 19:51
Either ban them or name them here, and all their characters/servers so that we, the players, can personally make their lives a living hell on nc.

I hope you guys are happy.... you have just caused a respected member of the community (and one of the few who actually roleplays) to quit because of your greed and dick-headedness.

I bet that you will now complain at some point that this game is shite for RPing, which is why you don't do it. YOU are the reason this game is crap for roleplaying.

So can someone please name and shame who did it?

Lethal Virus
01-09-03, 20:03
The person that tipped him off about the location of NEMA was trying to help. If it was not for him a CHEATER would have won the MC5 chip, you know that, we all know that.

But I have to say, Iorghe shouldn't have posted anything about it, but just removed or change the crossword puzzle from NeMa.

Psychoninja
01-09-03, 20:07
Originally posted by Judge
Either ban them or name them here, and all their characters/servers so that we, the players, can personally make their lives a living hell on nc.

So can someone please name and shame who did it?

Name and shame who? Ban who and why? o_O
The Crime was never commited, but prevented instead.
It's impossible to tell who had copies of the nema 4 before it was released, it was very unsecure.

Originally posted by Judge
I hope you guys are happy.... you have just caused a respected member of the community (and one of the few who actually roleplays) to quit because of your greed and dick-headedness

Did I miss something?
Who quit?
o_O

edit:
nm, missed 1 or 2 replies on page 2.

Delmann
01-09-03, 20:13
That truly wallows in lameness, Henry and MrBane. What a bunch of crap. I can only imagine the effort you put into this. And I know that this was probably only the final straw, but it sucks that it's just another factor in quitting the game, Bane. Maybe in a years time things will be looking up.

Ah, well. Try to enjoy it until the end. I would tell you not to let it get you down, Henry, but this seems to be a pretty constant state of affairs around here. I usually try not to let myself get discouraged--I know that a lot of people care about the game quite a bit, and put everything they have into sharing their enjoyment with others. But there seem to be just as many that are almost intentionally trying to ruin the fun for everybody else. Greifing isn't quite the right word. I would almost call it sabatoge. Sheesh.

But--must maintain positive outlook!--the only way to make it happen is to keep trying. I still owe you a scenerio, Henry, and if you want it I'll give it to you. I've written some of it down and everything. Time, time, time...that's how it goes. Let me know. And MrBane--not to turn this into a leaving thread--but you will be missed. Take it easy.

D

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 20:31
Too large a section of the NC community isnt just arseholes in a rude sense, but arseholes in a "gotta cheat to win" sense. The biggest let down of this game is that third or more of the community (maybe a bit high but hey). I dont mind rudeness at the end of the day, its the flagrant abuse of loopholes, errors and glitches. And the general lack of respect for other players and the staff of KK.

Tratos
01-09-03, 21:06
Not to be a wanker or anything, but when is the new NeMa being relesased?

And that competition sounded pretty cool, wish it was gonna happen :( would of been a nice little chalenge

Anyhoo, any official word on NeMa 4 release? ive bin waitin all day im looking forward to seeing it since i got the teaser :D :D

~T

Marx
01-09-03, 21:11
Originally posted by enablerbr
to be honest. with a mc 5 chip as a prize did people really expect with this communitys track record. not to try cheating to win it.

lol.

True.

:rolleyes: