PDA

View Full Version : what are these cages on venus? (pict)

mr murb
01-09-03, 06:38
What are these cages on venus? They are in Plaza one.
My french is not good enough to understand.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Aug/20038316064957005665071.jpg

Benjie
01-09-03, 06:40
A ZOO!!

(?)

Xian
01-09-03, 06:40
Something that Alchemic Dream (not sure if thats spelt right) have shoved in. The server is run by them, so what they do with the story is up to them as far as I know.

Basically, they could drop 200 WBs in Plaza 1 for the sake of 'storyline' if they wanted to, but it wouldn't happen on any other servers because Venus is owned seperately.

Benjie
01-09-03, 06:41
Originally posted by mr murb
What are these cages on venus? They are in Plaza one.
My french is not good enough to understand.

Ask in English then. A lot of people on venus know english. :)

JiNxY
01-09-03, 08:38
haha would be cool if thats a jail for bad SL guys :D

Shadow Dancer
01-09-03, 08:44
omg AD>u

hinch
01-09-03, 11:04
Originally posted by JiNxY
haha would be cool if thats a jail for bad SL guys :D

nuoo i`d never get out

LTA
01-09-03, 12:37
AD does a massive amount of stuff on their server, they have a complete neochronicle site that has Faction stories as to one whole paper and their counceller involvement compared to the rest is huge.
They always have some mission/story/plot type thing going on somewhere.... just shows some time and effort and being around does wonders

garyu69
01-09-03, 12:39
how do you get onto the Venus server?

LTA
01-09-03, 12:40
Same way you get onto Saturn/Pluto/Jupi/Uranus..... select venus and create a char :p

GT_Rince
01-09-03, 12:46
I think that you have to live in France in order to play on that server. I could be wrong, but an official word wouldn't go amiss :)

ZoneVortex
01-09-03, 12:47
Yeah I heard about the "Zoo" idea, that's gotta be what it is. That's friggin' awesome, I think I'll stop by Venus sometime soon.

P.S. No you don't have to live in France....I had a low level PE there a while back. It's just a good idea to speak french if you're gonna play there.

Forseti
01-09-03, 12:51
Originally posted by LTA
AD does a massive amount of stuff on their server, they have a complete neochronicle site that has Faction stories as to one whole paper and their counceller involvement compared to the rest is huge.
They always have some mission/story/plot type thing going on somewhere.... just shows some time and effort and being around does wonders
Yeah, and the fact that all their gm's are payed employees and not volunteers, and that they only have 1 server to look after makes a big difference.

kurai
01-09-03, 12:56
Originally posted by Forseti
Yeah, and the fact that all their gm's are payed employees and not volunteers, and that they only have 1 server to look after makes a big difference. Indeed.
Hopefully a new publishing deal and a much needed shot of capital will allow the core KK team to be expanded, and some of the volunteer people to be actually paid...

... well - we can all dream can't we ? :D

Vampire222
01-09-03, 14:04
just n9ick their ideas....

LTA
01-09-03, 14:15
Yeah, and the fact that all their gm's are payed employees and not volunteers, and that they only have 1 server to look after makes a big difference.

Yeah prolly hwy they have like 4 gms or something, how many do the other servers have?

I see the odd Gm now and again appear around to spawn the stuff etc but the fact they move the story add things keep it running.

I bet there's plenty of volounteers lurking who'd write up possible stories/events etc.... but why kk likes to keep it all in th ebag behind the scenes things wont move.

Can use the paid excuse but why the story dosent move and htings stay stagnent ppl get bored and leave... Venus is what has largely kept me in nc thx to the fact it has stories to rp and missions from factions etc.

Nasher
01-09-03, 14:32
I always thought KK should have had just 1 server like in beta 2 and 3. Would be a LOT easier to manage that way, or even 1 english and 1 german.

Jesterthegreat
01-09-03, 14:35
i dont speak a word of french... but i play on venus for the story... things happen!

Junkeh

Stigmata
01-09-03, 14:39
No you don't have to live in France....I had a low level PE there a while back. It's just a good idea to speak french if you're gonna play there.

well when me and some mates went to venus when it was first launched we were told "you are not welcome here, this server is for french people only"

the AD gm's can keep the fucking game if the english aren't good enough for it.

Andy

p.s [ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flame. You are breaking the rules, read them again please. ] (dont edit my post as im not breaking any rules, this is a personal opinion and not aimed at any individual)

Tratos
01-09-03, 14:45
I made a PE just to go and have a gander at these cages, when i got there the gaurd was goin nuts, lol but i went to talk to things in the cages and the NPC next to them, they spoke french, and i dont understand a word of french damn it :mad: :( it think its weird since all the other NPCs speak english even on the french server. so can any one translate what those guys say? i wanna know:( o_O :p

Cheers

~T

EDIT : I need to type better.......typos:o

alig
01-09-03, 15:29
*pulls learning book for the French language out*

Why are Venus getting all the good shit kk? they got TH sweet security bots (the ones with Redeemers) and Cages......CAGES!!!1111:mad:

Beowulf
01-09-03, 15:29
"Welcome to the gilgamesh zoo : here is our new collection of mutants : enter in the cages at your own risks"

Gilgamesh is one of the venus' GM

There is no restrictions of country at the moment, if u wanna play on venus, it's better for u if you speak french, coz' all the events are in that language, and som special NPCs.
u can speak english with a lot of people on venus, but, it's not very apreciated if u make no effort to try to speak our language (which is the most beautiful one on earth, btw :angel: )

Jesterthegreat
01-09-03, 15:31
teach me french and ill use it :p

until then ill speak english loud and slow till you understand :D

Ste-X
01-09-03, 15:37
venus is a crap server esp for trade skills

about 30 people in plaza asking for a poke for neally 2 hours, no one does trade skills tehre or its clan only

hinch
01-09-03, 15:41
Originally posted by Beowulf
(which is the most beautiful one on earth, btw :angel: )

heh

italian > french

but then i do speak pretty good french jut for some reason a venus char never looked promising for me.

my french is actually better than my german though and i played on jupiter for a very long time

ZoneVortex
01-09-03, 15:44
Yes french is beautiful indeed :D

LTA
01-09-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Ste-X
venus is a crap server esp for trade skills

about 30 people in plaza asking for a poke for neally 2 hours, no one does trade skills tehre or its clan only

o_O

When did you last play?

I been playing for a while now and i'd say there's plenty.... esp a-lot of the monks...
The majority of the server is spies so there's plenty about

Sleawer
01-09-03, 16:13
Italian sux; French is the language of el amour.

Syntax-Error
01-09-03, 16:22
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flame. ]

hinch
01-09-03, 16:52
Originally posted by Sleawer
Italian sux; French is the language of el amour.

rich to talk you speak spanish its 98% identical to italian :)
always thought french sounded like someone shoved 2 carrots up the nose of the person speaking.

Marzola
01-09-03, 16:53
Why did I have to sign up for Spanish instead of French, WHY!!!!

Sleawer
01-09-03, 17:04
Originally posted by hinch

rich to talk you speak spanish its 98% identical to italian
always thought french sounded like someone shoved 2 carrots up the nose of the person speaking.

Not as far as I know, and I should know it very well.

Spanish and Italian are similar only in pronunciations and the origin of the words, both languages born from the Latin.

However with the French we keep a much more closer tie, not only because we are both laguages originated from the Latin evolution, but because we have been one nation in the past.

Our form to conjugate verbs and the grammar is almost identical in both languages, to a point that some dialects in Spain are more similat to French than to "Castilian".

with the Italian? we only share origins due to Romans, and this is shared by most Europe countries.

This is, of course, as far as I know.

hinch
01-09-03, 17:22
im italian :) only parts of spain i struggled to understand was on the french border at the very north everywhere else was fine

Sleawer
01-09-03, 17:23
Spain > all :p

Nicor
01-09-03, 19:41
I am french and play on venus. I would like to answer your questions about Venus and its events/animations/GM. But first, let me tell you that everybody is welcome on Venus. There are german and english people already, and most (if not all) of the french people speak english (as I do, simply because we learnt it at school as our first foreign language). In fact, I would even say that we need english people. As some of you noticed, Venus is a small but growing server (250 people IG at 9pm). It would be great if some of you could come and play on Venus so that we reach 300 or more on a regurlary basis. If we lack the quantity, the quality of the server is very good.

Every thing you read about GM and organised events is true. They are 4 guys, paid, and they do a very good job. In fact, french people think they are the best they ever played with. There are a lot of events, races, quests, animations, tournaments, ... and they add a lot to the original story. The GMs are not alone. They are backed by real player (not paid) who decided to play other important people such as journalists, judges, famous criminals, factions leader...

There are a lot to say about Venus but maybe the best is that I let you try and visit us. Hope you will not be disapointed. But just remenber that the french, despite their reputation (:D ), are friendly and always ready to switch to english if necessary.

The zoo is a brand new idea, and the coming one is a prison called dark metal for the players who don't respect several basic rules (chain PK...). there are a lot of other good things comins...

Finally, let me give you names of german characters from Venus so that you contact them in game and ask them about their satisfaction: Legi, SupremeC, drabovich

Sleawer
01-09-03, 19:44
Dark Metal sounds like promising :D

Roc-a-fella
01-09-03, 19:45
why doesnt KK make one server there would only be like 500 person population, since they made like a few diff servers there all basically empty

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 19:57

You said it not me, all the servers should be merged into two servers. one multi-char and one single-char :D

Riothamus
01-09-03, 19:58
I live and die on Pluto, but after all i've heard about venus i am very interested. I'll probably start some an alt there tonight and so how well i can navigate the language differences.

Judge
01-09-03, 19:58
I'm hoping that if business picks up after DoY, then some of the NC GMs will be able to be paid.

How do AD make money from Venus btw? I have been trying to figure it out but just can't see it.

Shadow Dancer
01-09-03, 19:59
Originally posted by Judge

How do AD make money from Venus btw? I have been trying to figure it out but just can't see it.

YES, i've been DYING to know the answer to this. Can anyone explain?

\\Fényx//
01-09-03, 20:36
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
YES, i've been DYING to know the answer to this. Can anyone explain?

well they're french so the english government probably gives them subsadies :D

Ren
01-09-03, 20:46
KK buy oil off them.

its likley a split of the profits from Monthly fees.

Mingerroo
01-09-03, 20:47
I say everyone should move to the french server. I mean EVERYONE! Then KK can focus on making the game and AD can be the guys focusing on writing the story :)

Cass
01-09-03, 22:19

Makes me wonder.

If you took the last 100 paying customers that left Neocron because of lack of content / GM support, pooled their $10 a month to get $1000 a month, and hired a part time GM to add content and support.....

??

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

They probably would not have left.

Pill
01-09-03, 22:38
Darkmetal is a regants legacy zone if i'm not mistaken, it's where bad people on the testserver go. O_o

SpAcEDoUbT
01-09-03, 23:40
Originally posted by stigmata
well when me and some mates went to venus when it was first launched we were told "you are not welcome here, this server is for french people only"

the AD gm's can keep the fucking game if the english aren't good enough for it.

Andy

p.s [ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flame. You are breaking the rules, read them again please. ] (dont edit my post as im not breaking any rules, this is a personal opinion and not aimed at any individual)

Heh, U and these'mates' invaded the server and proceeded to PK anyone and everyone. First time I saw one of you on the server, first words.. were... U here to PK??? and Do U know so and so.
When venus first went live there were many of these type of players on the server with only one thing they wanted to do. Kill players new to the game with no idea at all.

There are MANY german, UK and US peeps on the server and have been for some time. The difference with them and u is that they respect that It is a server with A LOT more roleplay going on , and they know they dont speak the official language of the server but dont proceed to spam every channel going with english abuse etc. etc..

In short they understand that to get by they have to speak a very little of the language or get people they know in game to help. They help the new french players and there is a great little community on that server now. The PvP in OP wars has been very good.

Im sorry if this is a rant, but these types of players I have noticed are made very welcome on the server, even the 'Evil' :) players mentioned in previous posts.

Its the ones who fall under the first category that ruin the experience for others on the server.

I for one hope that this does not mean that venus has its influx of bored people, coming onto the server with one thing in mind.

FBI
01-09-03, 23:43
Originally posted by Pill
Darkmetal is a regants legacy zone if i'm not mistaken, it's where bad people on the testserver go. O_o

Yep

Riothamus
02-09-03, 00:24
Well I don't speak french but, after my first day on Venus, I'm learning to read it.

athon
02-09-03, 00:53
Originally posted by kurai
Indeed.
Hopefully a new publishing deal and a much needed shot of capital will allow the core KK team to be expanded, and some of the volunteer people to be actually paid...

... well - we can all dream can't we ? :D
Alternative suggestion to paid GMs, how about per-server GMs. ie. each team of GMs only deals with one server. This could actually be quite good for events as the GM teams may have competitions for best event.

Athon Solo

ZoneVortex
02-09-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Riothamus
Well I don't speak french but, after my first day on Venus, I'm learning to read it.

Hey if you're seriously thinkin' about spending time on Venus, I'd been thinking of it too. I think I'll make a char there tonight....what's your name there? Same as Pluto? I'll drop you a line and I can also help you out with most French you might want translated.

LTA
02-09-03, 02:06

The few to start you of

I have a Capped Monk on if anyone needs some powerleveling help, bu ti will only help for the right reasons tbh

Basics :D

Cherche - Search
Constructeur/Recherche/Implanteur (also sometimes teuse (female)) - Obvious what they are :P
Vend - Sell
Je - I
Je Ne parle pas bien les francais - i dont speak french (this normally prompts language :P
Je Cherche - I search

They should get you going but like it's been said most french are more than happy to help with a few exceptions...

And the french quoting Legi, SupremeC about enjoyment suprising tbh when the forum is filled with Pk Threads containing them same names :P

Riothamus
02-09-03, 02:41
Originally posted by LTA
Cherche - Search
Constructeur/Recherche/Implanteur (also sometimes teuse (female)) - Obvious what they are :P
Vend - Sell
Je - I
Je Ne parle pas bien les francais - i dont speak french (this normally prompts language :P
Je Cherche - I search

thanks this much i got so far from hanging out in plaza. I joined a small french BT clan and they have been helping me out with the rest.

and ZV my name is the same if you see me there.

LTA
02-09-03, 02:42
thanks this much i got so far from hanging out in plaza. I joined a small french BT clan and they have been helping me out with the rest.

and ZV my name is the same if you see me there.

Unfortunatly as a BT me and my apu chum are going to have to come and lay the smack down on yo ass!

OpTi
02-09-03, 02:45
Originally posted by LTA
Unfortunatly as a BT me and my apu chum are going to have to come and lay the smack down on yo ass!

i HATE BT on venus! no i REALLY hate them!

have a nice day :D

Riothamus
02-09-03, 02:50
I picked BT at random cause i figured i'd eventually get the moveon and then moveon. But i met a 4man clan that just started up and ill probably stick with them for a while. Then ehen i get midlevel, switch to BD, do the epic and start a clan, maybe...
le heads du crack or something. le pimp would be to obvious

SpAcEDoUbT
02-09-03, 06:33
Heh, U picked a Good Faction actually. Last time I looked Bio controlled most of the map:P

Anyways have fun on Venus, Its a great server with great people.

Nullifidian
02-09-03, 06:56
Well, I'm a French citizen, but I live in the US and I only speak English. I wonder if I can log in to Venus...

SpAcEDoUbT
02-09-03, 07:05
The only problem with not speaking any french is the support. Most people will help you in plaza and as said before , a lot of the french players speak better english than some of the native english speakers:)

Werewolf
02-09-03, 08:48
Well, another frenchy coming up to your forum...

Some littles thing to say.

About german players named Drabo, Supreme, etc...

that's true half of our server is hating them as PK killer, the other half is telling they had never see so good players.

about animations: true, we got a zoo, some races of vehicles in the desert, guards in TH (following a secret event to get them), Neochroniques (neochronicles ?) a lots of stuff like this...

recently, but I don't know if you got the same, archeologicals researches were made at El farid. Then, few weeks after, we saw a big scorpion at MB, or in plaza! He was named "Saahn", "dev team", and told players that he was the "cursed soul of Crahn"...he can also change to become a Raptor...

well, this to say that we got many events, and that english or german people are welcome, (but 70% of the server I think speak english, I doubt that so much people speak german.).

to end this post,

"bonjour" / Hello

"Merci" / thank you

"Salut/tchao/au revoir" / bye

"Mon nom est Inigo Montoya, tu as tué mon père, prépare toi à mourir" / My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die....(Private joke, the one who saw Princess Bride will understand...:D)

"Que la Force soit avec toi" / May the Force be with you" (but I wonder why i put that here ?)

"Peux tu m'aider ? / Tu peux m'aider ?" / Can you help me ?

Werewolf,
Conseil Prometheus,
FA "Furious Angels"

Heavyporker
02-09-03, 09:06
yo guys... think I could get away with being at venus if I stuck the google translator page right by the chat line and just use the "translate" tool to speak the french for me?

I assume the french might be too polite to comment I'm a little slow in replying to them? :D

Stigmata
02-09-03, 09:08
Heh, U and these'mates' invaded the server and proceeded to PK anyone and everyone. First time I saw one of you on the server, first words.. were... U here to PK??? and Do U know so and so.
When venus first went live there were many of these type of players on the server with only one thing they wanted to do. Kill players new to the game with no idea at all.

There are MANY german, UK and US peeps on the server and have been for some time. The difference with them and u is that they respect that It is a server with A LOT more roleplay going on , and they know they dont speak the official language of the server but dont proceed to spam every channel going with english abuse etc. etc..

In short they understand that to get by they have to speak a very little of the language or get people they know in game to help. They help the new french players and there is a great little community on that server now. The PvP in OP wars has been very good.

Im sorry if this is a rant, but these types of players I have noticed are made very welcome on the server, even the 'Evil' players mentioned in previous posts.

Its the ones who fall under the first category that ruin the experience for others on the server.

I for one hope that this does not mean that venus has its influx of bored people, coming onto the server with one thing in mind.

yes we did go to venus to be a pk clan,
yes that is part of the game, like it or not.
the week we were told we where not welcome the average number of online players dropped by 50-70 due to alot of english people going back to other serevrs.
no i did not spam any channel, infact i tried my best to speak french.
ask werewolf who was the clan conster, (i think he was either french or german)
we had a fun race/battle to be the first clan (with VTA and the bays)
we won and had 15 mill in the kitty by the end of the week.
AD GM said to us when levelling at gab mine, you are not welcome.

simple as that.

Andy

p.s we tried to make a come back last time we where bored with comedy names such as
LOOK ITS A DRONE
DUCK ITS A DRONE
FUCK ITS A DRONE
and a couple more but i cant remember them, last time i played about 2 months since, it was very laggy and it took like 30 minutes minimun to get a resser and conster, sort of like playing on pluto :D

FarSight
02-09-03, 09:38
o_O they will open Regents Legacy ?? .... hmmm i think i will create char on Venus and check whats changed there from b4 ....

FBI
02-09-03, 09:44
Originally posted by FarSight
o_O they will open Regents Legacy ?? .... hmmm i think i will create char on Venus and check whats changed there from b4 ....

nothing has changed

Omnituens
02-09-03, 10:11
Originally posted by stigmata
yes we did go to venus to be a pk clan,
yes that is part of the game, like it or not.
the week we were told we where not welcome the average number of online players dropped by 50-70 due to alot of english people going back to other serevrs.
no i did not spam any channel, infact i tried my best to speak french.
ask werewolf who was the clan conster, (i think he was either french or german)
we had a fun race/battle to be the first clan (with VTA and the bays)
we won and had 15 mill in the kitty by the end of the week.
AD GM said to us when levelling at gab mine, you are not welcome.

simple as that.

Andy

p.s we tried to make a come back last time we where bored with comedy names such as
LOOK ITS A DRONE
DUCK ITS A DRONE
FUCK ITS A DRONE
and a couple more but i cant remember them, last time i played about 2 months since, it was very laggy and it took like 30 minutes minimun to get a resser and conster, sort of like playing on pluto :D

i also tried to speak french while i was on venus. however, knowing how to ask for a poke in french wont get my far in france.

SpAcEDoUbT
02-09-03, 18:42
Yeah .. If u had RPed I could have understood. But anyone was a target. My char was an heavily into PvP at the time too. Although I didnt pick on new french players who had no idea how to play the game at all. Most of the time was spent fighting VTA and the BAYS (as I was Bio at the time) as well as Killing certain runners like yourself. And after fighting VTA and The Bays we have had many fights since, both against and with each other.

As time progressed , Ive been TG, TSU, and now ended up crahn.
Each time I and many english speakers I know helped many french players with their stetups, hunting spots etc.

Now many of the 'new' french players are damn good. I get my ass whupped regularly. :)

Also many of the spots that on most other servers are empty except for one or two 'in the know' people , have, on venus got decent teams going on. Hence the teamplay and RP on the server is VERY good. One of the MERC clans has RPed the Mercs the best way I have seen.

If you had had the decency to do the same to some extent, you might have got a better reception. The name of your clan could have had something to do with it. ( I Wont post here as its offensive).

I never knew that the AD GM told you that you were no welcome tho, I was under the impression that you just got bored .

Oh and as for the richest clan bit.. LOL... how hard was that.