PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong here?

Psychoninja
01-09-03, 05:13
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?CFID=2681610&CFTOKEN=98006-5b027e5d-131d-4bb1-b42a-fd8f2abd8676&sort=rating&bhsw=1280&bhsh=1024&bhswi=611&bhshi=299&cookies=1

o_O

I seriously can't believe it...

Hippieman
01-09-03, 05:16
Your right something is wrong. SWG should be in last, not 6th.

QuantumDelta
01-09-03, 05:17
LOL^
Too friggin right.

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 05:29
Originally posted by Hippieman
Your right something is wrong. SWG should be in last, not 6th.

And Neocron should be in 5th...

Anyways, you can't trust these lists, anyone can vote, infact someone can make a macro and vote amillion times.

The only reason Neocron is so high is because there was a thread awhile ago that told everyone to go in and vote 10 for all.

And guess what...they did ;)

QuantumDelta
01-09-03, 05:31
Originally posted by SilentGravity

Anyways, you can't trust these lists, anyone can vote, infact someone can make a macro and vote amillion times.

The only reason Neocron is so high is because there was a thread awhile ago that told everyone to go in and vote 10 for all.

That would have to be a pretty sophisticated friggin macro!
It'd need to:

A) Make an email account (New one, they don't allow you to use an email twice).
B) Make a new account.
C) Vote.

Ain't ever seen a macro do that before......

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 05:36
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
That would have to be a pretty sophisticated friggin macro!
It'd need to:

A) Make an email account (New one, they don't allow you to use an email twice).
B) Make a new account.
C) Vote.

Ain't ever seen a macro do that before......

Its not very hard to do.

Day 1 you just keep making e-mail accounts, next day you just use those e-mail accounts to make abunch of accounts then you just use them to vote, its not easy, but its not impossible.

QuantumDelta
01-09-03, 05:37
....I don't think even EQ Players could be that .......sad, let alone Neocron players with short attention spans. :P

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 05:39
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
....I don't think even EQ Players could be that .......sad, let alone Neocron players with short attention spans. :P

To do what? make the macro?

Anyways, I dont belive someone did make a macro that did that, I said it could happen so thats why I dont belive these ranks.

But it is true that someone made a thread that told everyone to vote for neocron, and they did...*goes to dig up old thread*

Here it is: http://neocron.jafc.de/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=320718&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

It shows some guy posting 3 threads in all 3 general forums posting to vote for Neocron.

d3ik
01-09-03, 05:42
Yes, it is true that someone made a thread SilentGravity... it was presented to us players as an opportunity to get the word out on this game to others who we think would enjoy playing it. This is a game that we enjoy playing and would like to give others the experience. You, however do not appear to like the game.

I have seen your name come up a lot lately on the forums and decided to do a little search on your posts. You don't seem to have posted one positive thing to date. With an account registered two months ago (if that's your only account) that's hardly enough time to become bitter :) It seems that your purpose on the forums has been to provoke others and belittle the game. If you are so discontent with the game why do you continue to play and post on the boards?

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 05:52
Originally posted by d3ik
Yes, it is true that someone made a thread SilentGravity... it was presented to us players as an opportunity to get the word out on this game to others who we think would enjoy playing it. This is a game that we enjoy playing and would like to give others the experience. You, however do not appear to like the game.

I have seen your name come up a lot lately on the forums and decided to do a little search on your posts. You don't seem to have posted one positive thing to date. With an account registered two months ago (if that's your only account) that's hardly enough time to become bitter :) It seems that your purpose on the forums has been to provoke others and belittle the game. If you are so discontent with the game why do you continue to play and post on the boards?

Couple reasons, iv never had a reason to register on the forums untell now, iv been with the game awhile. I like the game, I am playing the game, but now im becoming yes as you say "a little bitter" I want this game to change for the better and the most I feel I can do is post on the forums and try to get people to stop blaming other people (CDV.... CDV..... Bugged computers....) and get KK to clean up their act to WORK ON THIS GAME! Everyone who has ever played this game has agreed this game has MASSIVE potential and its not to late to save this game.

If I act like a fanboy and say "THIS IS A UBER GAME" then people and KK will think this game is infact perfect when its not, the game is far from perfect and I feel as a player its my job to tell them its NOT.

I dont dislike this game, im bored with this game right now, I can live with the bugs its not very big for me, I am just really bored, im capped and all there is to do is MC5 or PvP.

Now im off to watch "Johnny Mnemonic", is it any good? iv never heard of it before :confused:

d3ik
01-09-03, 06:01
Hehe... well I'll agree with that. There is definitely a lot of work to do, and I'm glad that everyone doesn't play carebear/fanboy and dupe Reakktor into thinking that everything is alright. They said it themselves that "FRE's are caused by programs running in the background". I'm sure we can all have fun with that...

Also Johnny Pneumonic (sp?) is decent... it pales in comparison to newer movies though.

Scikar
01-09-03, 07:12
Just to make sure you know, SilentGravity, there are only 3 coders working on Neocron at this time. And they do pretty much everything, every time someone needs their char rolled back, it's the support guys who reply, but they have to ask the one of those 3 coders to do it. At the same time these guys have DoY to work on, bugs to fix, new weapons and vehicles to implement, just look at the test server patches. And it's all going through just 3 guys. There are issues, there are things that need changing, but if there's one thing I've learnt from NC it's to have a little patience. 3 guys can only do so much.

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 07:33
Originally posted by Scikar
Just to make sure you know, SilentGravity, there are only 3 coders working on Neocron at this time. And they do pretty much everything, every time someone needs their char rolled back, it's the support guys who reply, but they have to ask the one of those 3 coders to do it. At the same time these guys have DoY to work on, bugs to fix, new weapons and vehicles to implement, just look at the test server patches. And it's all going through just 3 guys. There are issues, there are things that need changing, but if there's one thing I've learnt from NC it's to have a little patience. 3 guys can only do so much.

Maybe they should get MORE then 3 coders...

Also I dont feel these guys are caring very much, for example EVERYONE was on vacation during that patch that borked the drop tables, its very MINIMAL work to fix acouple things in the drop tables, it would have taken one coder what? one hour?, I mean someone can save abunch of people from quitting for one hour of work?

I dont think these guys got priorities right.

Scikar
01-09-03, 07:39
Maybe they should get MORE then 3 coders...

Also I dont feel these guys are caring very much, for example EVERYONE was on vacation during that patch that borked the drop tables, its very MINIMAL work to fix acouple things in the drop tables, it would have taken one coder what? one hour?, I mean someone can save abunch of people from quitting for one hour of work?

I dont think these guys got priorities right.

And pay them with what money? People are fed up waiting for DoY as it is, raise the subscription fees and people will quit before this 4th coder ever gets anything done.

Have you actually seen that expanded .pak file of the drop tables? It's practically impossible just to even understand, let alone change. I thought the same as you until I saw it myself, and then I realised why the devs are so reluctant to make changes to it.

Mankind
01-09-03, 07:40
That is ONE of the reasons Neocron will stay alive. People complain all the time that we are "losing customers" but what I see is that a MMORPG that is on the top of any list from any website shows that someone cares or thinks highly of it. And in this case that place (being a place where people check out MMORPGs), more people will get sucked in...I mean join Neocron ;)

It's one of the cheapest, greatest graphics, hard working gms/developers/forum mods/volunteers (imo), and it's one that I plan on staying in for awhile unless something very terrible occurs that makes me feel very terrible about the game.

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 07:46
Originally posted by Mankind
That is ONE of the reasons Neocron will stay alive. People complain all the time that we are "losing customers" but what I see is that a MMORPG that is on the top of any list from any website shows that someone cares or thinks highly of it. And in this case that place (being a place where people check out MMORPGs), more people will get sucked in...I mean join Neocron ;)

It's one of the cheapest, greatest graphics, hard working gms/developers/forum mods/volunteers (imo), and it's one that I plan on staying in for awhile unless something very terrible occurs that makes me feel very terrible about the game.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

KidWithStick
01-09-03, 07:54
edit, nevermind...its working right now

Mankind
01-09-03, 08:29
[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming and responding to a flame ] This is the NEOCRON forums. I like the game, and I enjoy it very much. I'm not a "Fanboy", I'm a customer. I enjoy what I am paying for so I am putting in my response. If you don't enjoy what you are paying for, which it doesn't look like, please by all means go elsewhere. But it seems like you won't go anywhere because any part of Neocron you can get access to sucks you in because in reality you hate the game and the people who run it, but you can't find any better.

[ edited ]

phunqe
01-09-03, 09:03
I think this guy got the love-hate relationship between many players and Neocron right:

On Aug 24, 2003 Dimedo wrote:
Best MMORPG avaliable but it sux!

:p

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 09:13
[ edited ] This is the NEOCRON forums. I like the game, and I enjoy it very much. I'm not a "Fanboy", I'm a customer. I enjoy what I am paying for so I am putting in my response. If you don't enjoy what you are paying for, which it doesn't look like, please by all means go elsewhere. But it seems like you won't go anywhere because any part of Neocron you can get access to sucks you in because in reality you hate the game and the people who run it, but you can't find any better.

[ edited ]

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Owain
01-09-03, 09:28
...unbiased opinions.

:lol: unbiased opinions? how'd you come up with that? :lol:

Mankind
01-09-03, 17:02
[ edited ]

Archeus
01-09-03, 17:10
Originally posted by Psychoninja
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?CFID=2681610&CFTOKEN=98006-5b027e5d-131d-4bb1-b42a-fd8f2abd8676&sort=rating&bhsw=1280&bhsh=1024&bhswi=611&bhshi=299&cookies=1

o_O

I seriously can't believe it...

what I find funny is someone doesn't read thier Private messages.

thewarrior008
01-09-03, 17:30
neocron should be 10th

SynC_187
01-09-03, 17:32
Play with how many people?

Must be a typo......

Scikar
01-09-03, 18:03
[ edited ]

Now you're just trolling. You can't accept the fact that other people actually like this game, so now you're resorting to flame bait because you have no argument. You sir are in breach of the forum rules, and I suggest you go for a quick of read of them before you post another reply.

juvestar15
01-09-03, 18:07
SilentGravity has been trolling in every thread i have read of his. I have not seen one post where he has said something good about NC. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

btw, i think i can make a macro for that site. There are 2 ways i can think of. Is it worth a try? :)

P4mp3rk3
01-09-03, 18:15
On Aug 26, 2003 sbast wrote:
Best MMORPG ever

sbast = sebastian bast??
hehe, how cool is that...
though I think sites and reviews like that are stupid. it all comes down to what the person likes or not, the reviews aren't very objective

Pie'oh'pah
01-09-03, 18:17

Nope - on that site you have to sign in to vote so a macro prolly wouldnt work

Scikar
01-09-03, 18:21
Regardless of whether you could macro it or not, I would expect that other MMORPGs, with their huge populations, would have more people voting highly for them, no?

Nidhogg
01-09-03, 18:30
Mankind and SilentGravity, do not post any more flames - put each other on ignore if you have to.

N

Mankind
01-09-03, 18:40
Sorry Nid, I know this isn't high school..but he started it :p

Anyways back on subject (or is it?)...

Macros CAN be made for pretty much anything, believe it or not but in this case I doubt there was a macro made to make Neocron "look good". If someone really wanted to make it good, they'd make a macro on a huge download site like 3dgamers or Fileplanet, etc. etc.

SilentGravity
02-09-03, 02:14
Sorry Nid, I know this isn't high school..but he started it :p

Anyways back on subject (or is it?)...

Macros CAN be made for pretty much anything, believe it or not but in this case I doubt there was a macro made to make Neocron "look good". If someone really wanted to make it good, they'd make a macro on a huge download site like 3dgamers or Fileplanet, etc. etc.

I think someone DID do that... you noticed how we got acouple thousand downloads but like 10 new people?

Originally posted by Pie'oh'pah
Nope - on that site you have to sign in to vote so a macro prolly wouldnt work

I already responded to this, have you never heard of macro's to sign you up for free e-mails? macro's to sign your accounts up? macro's to vote, its a 3 part macro but its not impossible.

Regardless of whether you could macro it or not, I would expect that other MMORPGs, with their huge populations, would have more people voting highly for them, no?

Maybe those MMORPG's dont feel they NEED to lie about the game to get people to come :rolleyes:

Originally posted by juvestar15
SilentGravity has been trolling in every thread i have read of his. I have not seen one post where he has said something good about NC. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

btw, i think i can make a macro for that site. There are 2 ways i can think of. Is it worth a try? :)

And here is my good thing....

Couple reasons, iv never had a reason to register on the forums untell now, iv been with the game awhile. I like the game, I am playing the game, but now im becoming yes as you say "a little bitter" I want this game to change for the better and the most I feel I can do is post on the forums and try to get people to stop blaming other people (CDV.... CDV..... Bugged computers....) and get KK to clean up their act to WORK ON THIS GAME! Everyone who has ever played this game has agreed this game has MASSIVE potential and its not to late to save this game.

If I act like a fanboy and say "THIS IS A UBER GAME" then people and KK will think this game is infact perfect when its not, the game is far from perfect and I feel as a player its my job to tell them its NOT.

I dont dislike this game, im bored with this game right now, I can live with the bugs its not very big for me, I am just really bored, im capped and all there is to do is MC5 or PvP.

Now im off to watch "Johnny Mnemonic", is it any good? iv never heard of it before :confused:

Its so wonderful :D

Helen Angilley
02-09-03, 02:17
Mod. Sense. Tingling!

Shadow Dancer
02-09-03, 02:46

Exactly, doesn't EQ have 5 bajillion players?

Helen Angilley
02-09-03, 02:47
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Exactly, doesn't EQ have 5 bajillion players?

Yup.

Funny though, I hardly see anyone else when I'm playing. o_O

Remember people: Just because something has a high population, it doesn't mean the areas will be more crowded.