PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Making vehicles more realistic - and fun!

athon
01-09-03, 00:33
Hi all,

Just a quick idea. At the moment, vehicles tend to follow the terrain very closely. What I propose is to remove this and make it so you can 'fly' over hills and stuff. ie. When you go over the top of a hill at speed, you don't stay on the ground, but the vehicle lifts into the air, ala RL (real life) / movies / Halo / etc.

Obviously a big heavy vehicle like a tank wouldn't do this, but the hoverteks, bikes and jeeps would.

Athon Solo

QuantumDelta
01-09-03, 00:36
Old Idea.
Still one I love ;)

Judge
01-09-03, 00:37
Indeed, I have always wondered why my hovertech didn't lift off whilst going at 200 mph over hills.... It would be useful to get over those tricky mountains near TH.... Use it like a freestyle course :p

Wannabe
01-09-03, 02:02
Mmm... Either I played too much GTA (Vice City currently) cause this reminds me of insane stunts.. and unique jumps :)

Gotta play VC 'cause stopped playing NC as CA clans randomly PK at caves / hunting grounds (Hi SXR!) so I don't give a rat's ass for NC until DOY comes out.

// Wannabe

Omnituens
01-09-03, 04:19
i dont think the game engine can take it, captain!

would be cool to do a wheelie in a pimp-mobile though a narrow entarance to an op though

Alex Mars
01-09-03, 04:23
I just want to be able to run enemies over with a tank.

AfterDark
01-09-03, 06:08
Why don't hovertecs float over water, again?

Have any of you ever gotten one of those stuck in the water? It's very hard, if not impossible to get out. I would think that this would be one of the important advantages to hovering vehicles.

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-09-03, 06:19
coding physics into neocron would be the worst thing ever done in video game history. Everyone would get 5 fps :/

also, you need physics calculations to be able to run someone over :(

so neithar are possible sorry

Benjie
01-09-03, 06:24
If it _is_ possible then I would prefere this than even classes! If it's not then I would prefere a chicken sandwhich. :p