PDA

View Full Version : Imagine your "perfect" Neocron... what would be the key features?

Rith
31-08-03, 21:04
Ok a few features we take as granted in a "perfect" neocron:
1. Stability
2. Lag controlled
3. Better Frames per second
4. Higher quality graphics
5. High populations

1-4 can be sorted through investment in KK's Software Engineering

5. can be an outcome of 1-4 + investment in marketing

What I'm interested in is where you think the focus should be from a feature perspective... whats the "edge" in your view of a "perfect" neocron?

Please don't pick more than your top 3

If your idea isn't in the 10 above, please post it below...

Rith

Roc-a-fella
31-08-03, 21:22
air crafts and boats would be sick

Rith
31-08-03, 22:07
please aim for your top 3 - it would be nice to give a clear indicator where KK should be looking for the future... or better still post a new idea below ;)

Scikar
31-08-03, 22:13
Link to my OP idea is in my sig.

I went for tradeskills, OPs, and characters.

Maarten
31-08-03, 22:16
Better tradeskilling is on top atm. Check out my idea in my sig to improve tradeskills.

Rith
31-08-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Scikar
Link to my OP idea is in my sig.

I went for tradeskills, OPs, and characters.

if you combine the tradeskills concepts with the transport convoys you could create the basis for highway men...

hitting the cargo means you could then sell it through an interface that allows for people to execute trades without having to stand around like noobs in plaza 1 :)

its a nice additional layer of role play that comes from polishing 2 facets of NCs gameplay.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 22:25
No human element + Neocron (Or) Any other MMORPG = Perfect game.

Andronicus
31-08-03, 22:26
I love your bounty hunter idea - allowing a more complex system of 'good guys' and 'bad guys' - perhaps this would be recorded in some kind of 'most wanted' list to give fame and infamy to those who seek it.

Some how tho these murders and vigilanty justice should be more that just pvp - it should contribute towards the story line and more than just a few players having to GR back to life would be at stake.

Whiety Bulger
31-08-03, 22:29
1. Removing medicare doors in plaza one
2.story

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
2.story

There is a story.

It just isn't the sort that slaps everyone in the face while stamping on their groin and throwing their pet across the room.

Stories don't have to be "loud" all the time.

Rith
31-08-03, 22:32
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
No human element + Neocron (Or) Any other MMORPG = Bankrupt

Originally posted by Helen Angilley
There is a story.

It just isn't the sort that slaps everyone in the face while stamping on their groin and throwing their pet across the room.

Stories don't have to be "loud" all the time.

I guess it depends on your expectation for a "story"...

Right now the story is a few pages in the manual, some background reading material on the info page and that's pretty much it. Its not alive, it doesn't evolve to reflect in game actions, it doesn't press or initiate in game actions.

In other words there is a story its simply got nothing to do with the current state of play within the game

The item 10 is about making the story a part of the neocron experience, not just some reading material whilst you install 1.2 gig download

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 22:36
i want more killing.

msdong
31-08-03, 23:49
there is a changing story line - but players dont hold the pencil to draw. you can not make that player influences. just because everyone would jound TG raid NC and everybody wait and see.
and then ??? nothin TG rule NC and CA rule the canyon (or whatever)

the map dont have to be bigger . if u read the forum u see its to bic for some players since the GRs are closed.

VHC need more lovin. i dont know if we need gliders - imo they are just eyecandy and spy toys.
but ppl should be forced to use them. when everyone runnin around with Xray cannons and troup carryer block them they are useful.
if stunturrets would be allmost impossible to kill by normal(player) weapons but easy by VHC weapons then they would be used in battle.

hacknet:
hacking should be more useful but for now its just another "doy":D

guns?
dont think so. there are a lot of cool guns in. GL are cool but need more punch, flamer would rock if they are used like closed combat weapons. point and klick..