PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Just a crazy idea of mine........

Lethys
31-08-03, 15:08
OK so this might sound like a ridiculous idea, but it might work.........

A lot of people are worried that when DoY comes out, lots of people will move there and new players who start in a city faction will find themselves getting killed a lot. Here's my solution to that:

All runners start the game factionless.
They start in an apartment in the outskirts of Neocron City. Being factionless, they can wander around anywhere they want and check out what is going on. If/when they decide to join a faction, they have to go to the factions HQ. This will make it harder to join the non-city factions, but I believe that's how it's supposed to be.

In order to join a faction, they need to raise their sympathy with that faction. I don't think it should have to be as high as 50 though, maybe 30 or something. Once they have this, they go to the HR director of their chosen faction, who will make them an "Honorary faction member". In order to become a full faction member, they have to finish that factions epic.

Comments and suggestions please.

Dribble Joy
31-08-03, 15:13
Option 2 for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

I wanted t3h dr0mpr0n but I'm not up for it at the mo.

But yeah good idea.

Judge
31-08-03, 15:16
I like the idea... maybe give them an apt in pepper park. As plaza/via is a bit up market and OZ would be very annoying for Newbs to get from.

Also when they become an proper Faction memeber give them a new apt which is like all normal faction apts now.

Lethys
31-08-03, 15:18
Oh yeah, forgot to add that when they finish the faction's epic, they get a new app on top of the reward. :)

Judge
31-08-03, 15:29
I think that there should be a rank past which you have to become a faction member (honary or proper) if you want to progress. Say rank xx/45, then to get any more xp you have to join a faction.

Tycho C
31-08-03, 15:39
gah, Judge beat me to it. Yeah, once they get a certain lvl, they need to be forced to join a faction.

AAHHHH 200 POSTS!!! AAAHHHH

come on ride that train, the choo choo ride it, WHOO WHOO

athon
31-08-03, 19:20
This was already suggested here: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72011

As I said in that thread, the big problem you have is apartments. Where are you going to put new runners apartments? Will they have their apartment moved / get an additional one when they join a faction?

Athon Solo

Tickles
31-08-03, 22:57
Yup Slewer and u have the right idea. I definately up for it.

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 23:00
and err...would we loose sl for killing these factionless runners?

Whiety Bulger
31-08-03, 23:02
I must disagree with you people should be able to start in a faction if they want. And how will DoY make noob pken worse it. And maken anti city faction factions hard to join will gimp them. Seems like a scheme to weaken powerful wasteland factions.

Judge
31-08-03, 23:13
Hmmmm..... I see your point whitey. Give them two choices, Start off in a faction or Start off as a factionless runner. If you start off as a factionless runner then you choose wether to have your starting apt in Pepper Park, or the DoY equivalent.

Whatcha think?

Lethys
31-08-03, 23:15
Well on Pluto, the anti-city clans greatly outnumber the city clans, and from what I've read on these forums, the other servers have the same problem. And DoY is hardly going to make it any better is it? My only character is a TG spy on Pluto, so why would I want to "gimp" my own faction?

I simply want to have 2 (or more) balanced sides, and I think this is one way of achieving that.

Originally posted by Cryotchekk

Yes you would. And you would deserve it :rolleyes:

Tickles
31-08-03, 23:37
Originally posted by Cryotchekk

evil! :p

Whiety Bulger
31-08-03, 23:55
Don't gimp PvP!!!!