PDA

View Full Version : An Event Idea for anyone that wants to try running one.

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 08:02
Player-run, of course. But, hey, GMs can join in if they want. Would be nice.

Now, since I can't play NC atm (yeah, yeah, I'm really pushing my dad as much as I can, but he's stubborn and he wants to root out the virus manually ^ ^ ) I am giving away this idea to those that can carry it out. My thanks to whomever makes this work.

The idea is simple... and very RP.

Basically, let's have a "Neocron History" event. Trivia questions would be written up, asking about people or events in Neocronian History (not just the city, the world as well). Forget dates. Eg - Who are the two that founded TG? Who founded NExT? Who is The CM's current sysadmin? What happened that made Crahn enemies to FA? And so on.

This could be carried further to include biology or geography. Eg - what areas has plants that glow in the dark? what creature crawls around on the sand? what area holds an ancient coffin? and so on.

Basically, the host would gather up the people in a nice place for receiving people. I recommend safezones, like the ConCenter in Plaza One or under the bridge in Via Rosso Two or the restaurant in Via Rosso Three or even the restaurant in Plaza Four.

Questions could be answered willynilly by people in the crowd, or better and more fair, by people standing up and volunteering for a round - say, like 3 people get to answer a question a round (jeopardy-style). They get the try, and then another three people get to try.

The rewards could be either randomly 5-10k or a random level 2 brain implant each correct question.

I suppose perhaps the event could go for the length of 20-30 questions. That'd only be about a maximum of 400kish including the costs of constructing the level 2 implants.

What do you guys think? Of course, someone from Pluto better step up. I'm Plutoian and proud of it!:) But hey, anyone from any server can step up... let's try to have this on all four servers!

Let's have events that don't involve pking in any form... that should be massively more fun.... for the tradeskillers and RPers that is.

What do you guys think?

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 08:07
OMG LIEK I WANT TO PK LIEK OMG I R RPING DARK ATMOSPHERE MUGGER SO LET ME PK.

:p

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 08:45
Grrr.

Shadow, there's more than enough PK/PvP events for the likes of you.

Let us RPers have our own.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 08:54
That was a joke. :p

Hell-demon
31-08-03, 11:18
I had an RP idea to reinact the ceres war, would incorporate both PK and RP.

Also war veterans night. Where Tanks gather round with old war buddies and tell stories of bravery and OP wars, proabably held in Chez Sypher. Or a hostage situation. But my ideas never happen:rolleyes:

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 11:24
Uhh... lets not reenact the ceres war...

How difficult do you guys think the trivia questions should be? Should the questions be asked straightforwardly or in cryptic riddles?