PDA

View Full Version : How does NeoFrag work?

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 06:50
I'm talking about why is it so much worse for dueling and fighting in?

What is different about NeoFrag that makes it vastly more laggy than out in the real world. Um... Out of NeoFrag, I mean.

People shooting you even when you're behind walls or up on a different floor... dying from stacks or burst weapons EVEN after you died from the first few stacks or bursts. People going matrix-style on you. I swear, its like people are JUST this far away from running on the walls and doing backflips while goig doublebarrel pistols on me.

Is there some sort of special netcode for NeoFrag or what? Is Neofrag on a separate, ancient server running Windows 95 with a single 200MHz cpu, 64 MB RAM, 200 MB hard drive, or what?

It would be nice if a dev got in on this and explained things.

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 10:05
No one?! Damn.. no one knows, right? Ah well.

SorkZmok
31-08-03, 10:09
Originally posted by Heavyporker
No one?! Damn.. no one knows, right? Ah well.

Well i dont know.

But i wanna know. Cause NF is really REALLY fucked up. Even 1 on 1 is shit in there. Its like you jump once and *zap* you start flying in the eyes of your enemy. This is totally ridiculous....

Breschau
31-08-03, 10:30
I would guess the theory about it being located on a weaker server.

Pretty sure that each 'planet' server (pluto, uranus, etc) is spread across several actual servers. And there's evidence that sometimes some of those have problems while others are fine (one zone is pinging at 12000 and having various weird glitches and bugs while when you finally manage to genrep out, the new zone is a steady 80 ping with no more errors than usual).

So perhaps because NF doesn't get used as much as the main world it's been allocated a second rate server to reside on?

Or maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.