PDA

View Full Version : Why Dose the Client Hate Me So?

Pill
31-08-03, 02:24
After a sheer damned determination to play Neocron on this PC, i reformatted, finally got it installed, to only find, that in fact, this reformat has not helped my case. Actually, the funny thing is, is i don't have this synch error on any other PC that neocron is on, so dose anyone have any ideas?

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 02:26
EVE is suffering at the moment, as well as EverQuest.

I also hear quite a few Counterstrike servers are still buggered.

Pill
31-08-03, 02:55
what dose eve have to do with neocron?

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 02:57
Originally posted by Pill
what dose eve have to do with neocron?

People complain about the bugs in Neocron.

I mention that EVE is only a little more stable than Neocron for the majority of people....just like in Neocron.

Neocron's servers go kaput around the same time as EVE's servers do.

Eckel
31-08-03, 02:59
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
EVE is suffering at the moment, as well as EverQuest.

I also hear quite a few Counterstrike servers are still buggered.

My T.V is bugged and so is my fridge :rolleyes:

Oh yeh and my sink is blocked again.........

Pill is the formated PC running on a network?
Do any other games have problems on the formated PC?

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 03:05
Originally posted by Eckel
My T.V is bugged and so is my fridge :rolleyes:

Oh yeh and my sink is blocked again.......

Routers went down all over London a while ago.

Funnily enough, that's when a lot of these problems began. ;)

Toodles.

Eckel
31-08-03, 03:11
Funnily enuff i been gaming all night abit of ET abit AQ2 and funnily enuff AQ2 was on a German server.....I've not had any problems with connection.......Care to explain why i have'nt had any problems or come to think of it 3000 other gamers........

Toodle pip

Pill
31-08-03, 03:30
please, eve, less buggier than neocron......

thats like saying that crack is clinically approved by the FDA for sale in Drugstores.

back to topic please.

Zargon VII
31-08-03, 03:41
Hi, have you tried e-mailing helpdesk@neocron.com yet? There's some great folks there that will walk you through some troubleshooting step by step, and may even have you run a trace route on your connection.

Alternatively, how about giving us some more specific details, ie. patching problems, connecting difficulties, etc.

Eckel
31-08-03, 05:12

Pill is the formated PC running on a network?
Do any other games have problems on the formated PC?

ok so dont answer them.............so much for trying to help o_O

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 15:06
Funnily enuff i been gaming all night abit of ET abit AQ2 and funnily enuff AQ2 was on a German server.....I've not had any problems with connection.......Care to explain why i have'nt had any problems or come to think of it 3000 other gamers........

Toodle pip

Not every ISP uses the same lines, funnily enough.

Eckel
31-08-03, 15:46
Not every ISP uses the same lines, funnily enough.

Exactly..........So why say Routers went down in london or Neocron's servers go kaput around the same time as EVE's servers do....just because they do for you does'nt mean they do for everyone........... :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 16:07
Exactly..........So why say Routers went down in london or Neocron's servers go kaput around the same time as EVE's servers do....just because they do for you does'nt mean they do for everyone........... :rolleyes:

I was far from the only person to have these problems. ;)

Eckel
31-08-03, 16:11
Do not feed:

HellHound
31-08-03, 16:35
More cake, Helen? ;)

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 16:39
Originally posted by HellHound
More cake, Helen? ;)

Nah, even if this Thread was alive for another two years the level of "cake" wouldn't be enough to come anywhere near satisfying me. :)

EDIT: Although I just had a thought. People bitched at me when I asked questions about EVE....yet I get labelled a "fanboi" when I defend Neocron....what the hell?

Syntax-Error
31-08-03, 16:55
maybe people just dont like you???

Hell i get flamed for everything so i KNOW people dont like me. i just cant seem to care

Eckel
31-08-03, 17:30
no Syntax its not that......

Pill says and i underline the bits i find important

Actually, the funny thing is, is i don't have this synch error on any other PC that neocron is on, so dose anyone have any ideas?

So if he's having no problems on his other PC's .....thus ruling out any Routers/conenction problems, eve , CS, and what other game you may wanna throw in.....

And still Helen never asked about the system or if the PC is runnign any other games that might have a problems but instead decided to try to be smart and talk about stuff he dont know about........

You see the fault now?

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 17:32
So if he's having no problems on his other PC's .....thus ruling out any Routers/conenction problems, eve , CS, and what other game you may wanna throw in.....

And still Helen never asked about the system or if the PC is runnign any other games that might have a problems but instead decided to try to be smart and talk about stuff he dont know about........

You see the fault now?

He doesn't the type of modem, the connection, the ISP....etc.

Therefore my point still stands.

Eckel
31-08-03, 17:37
No you still dont get it .........READ THE UNDERLINED BIT...he clearly states he has no problems with his other PC's and the conenction/sync probs..............:rolleyes:

Enuff now....I bow to your thickness and theres no point carrying on.......

Plz close this thread.........Pill has'nt replied mainly because Helen is trolling ....yet again...............

Mantus
31-08-03, 17:38
Not sure why you decided to format a PC for to try and fix a network issue, but anyways. Chases are, that whatever setting is causing this for you is still there. Unfortunatly i am not very good at trouble shooting in this particular area so i hope that some one else can help you with this problem.

Perhaps you should state some details about your problem and your system.

When do the syncs happen and how often. Can you log in at all?
Whats your Operating System.
Are you using a router?
Do you have a firewall?
Are you on broadband or dialup?
You mentioned that NC works fine on other PCs. Are these in the same house and are they on the same IPS? If so are these computer on the same network?

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 17:39
No you still dont get it .........READ THE UNDERLINED BIT...he clearly states he has no problems with his other PC's and the conenction/sync probs..............:rolleyes:

Enuff now....I bow to your thickness and theres no point carrying on.......

Plz close this thread.........Pill has'nt replied mainly because Helen is trolling ....yet again...............

Why don't you read?

He just says "there's a problem on this PC, not on the others". He doesn't give any info other than that.

How the hell is someone supposed to help _without_ basic info such as the system set-up?

Of course there's no point in carrying on, you're not getting anywhere with me after all. ;)

Eckel
31-08-03, 17:42
Helen you never asked about his system..........you asumed connection .......

Edit

And you still have'nt asked :rolleyes: instead you insist of trolling me :o ...... i'm gonna have to join the Ignore Helen club

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 17:43
Helen you never asked about his system..........you asumed connection .......

Of course people are going to assume if he doesn't give any info.

:rolleyes:

I'm not a fucking Psycic.

Mantus
31-08-03, 17:52
Eckel, Helen is right he didnt give enough info to even come close to trouble shooting the problem.

Helen, you should have asked him about further detail rather then mocking him on your first post. Not every one is a computer wiz.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 17:54
Originally posted by Mantus
Eckel, Helen is right he didnt give enough info to even come close to trouble shooting the problem.

Helen, you should have asked him about further detail rather then mocking him on your first post. Not every one is a computer wiz.

I wasn't mocking.

He said he "re-formatted to sort a network problem" so I pointed out how other games, even those that aren't MMORPGs, have been suffering from network problems lately.

Eckel
31-08-03, 18:01
Originally posted by Mantus

Thats why me and Zargon asked....... and tried to keep it on the topic...... Thing is........Pill even replied to helen and yet he still does'nt ask about Pill's system......see the flaw here......

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 18:04
Thats why me and Zargon asked....... and tried to keep it on the topic...... Thing is........Pill even replied to helen and yet he still does'nt ask about Pill's system......see the flaw here......

If Pill wants help he would've provided the info, if a problem's that bad you don't need to be asked.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, _you_ keeping on topic? You're the one who replied to every one of my posts with a snide little snipe. o_O

Eckel
31-08-03, 18:21
Helen ......i dont wait 10 hrs and then have a "little snipe"....

Omnituens
31-08-03, 18:46
do all the systems have the same OS, or has the computer with the problem got a different one?

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - I'm beginning to lose count of the number of people who have been banned for doing that. Please don't do it again. ]

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 18:53
Helen ......i dont wait 10 hrs and then have a "little snipe"....

So you're saying you don't have a life away from the computer? o_O

•Super|\|ova•
31-08-03, 18:59
Helen flaming and luring ppl into it is as usual as night coming after daylight.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 19:03
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Helen flaming and luring ppl into it is as usual as night coming after daylight.

Not my fault they douse flames with gasoline.

Not my fault they're unable to control themselves.

Not my fault they can't stick by their own 2I'll ignore you Helene!11" statements.

Not my fault people here are so damn easy to manipulate.

:)

Pill
31-08-03, 19:28
Sorry Eckel, yes, it's networked, no, everything else works

Eckel
31-08-03, 19:30

:)

dont flatter yourself.......You could'nt manipulate me even if you was really a 6ft leggy blonde with a 48dd bust....

come to IRC or summet and chat.......oh thats instant msg'n not wait 20 mins to 10 hrs till ya find sumemt remotely whitty to type :rolleyes: ....shame really innit

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:11

Oh yeh and my sink is blocked again.........

*coughfireworkcough*

:D

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:13

funny shit.

or maybe she wants negetive attention

or maybe she wants people to think she is smart

or maybe she wants people to think she is a she

StryfeX
31-08-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Omnituens
Here is a Helen Angilley anti-troll (http://neocron.jafc.de/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=15382) link.You are THE MAN! Thank you ever so much. I never thought I'd be rid of her/him/it. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Pill, it would really help if you gave us a complete rundown on exactly what your system has in it, as well as the drivers you're using.

--Stryfe

P.S. - Eckel, use that link. It's much quieter.

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:29
Originally posted by StryfeX
You are THE MAN! Thank you ever so much. I never thought I'd be rid of her/him/it. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Pill, it would really help if you gave us a complete rundown on exactly what your system has in it, as well as the drivers you're using.

--Stryfe

P.S. - Eckel, use that link. It's much quieter.

OMG thank you!!!!

Psycho_Soldier
31-08-03, 20:31
Originally posted by Helen Angilley http://www.grapeshot.net/images/attention_whore3.jpg

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 20:33
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier

Well it's easy to be an attntion whore when people here so eagerly give attention out. :)

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:35
Helen Angilley
31-08-03 19:33 This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

OMG HOW AMAZING IS THIS?????????????

HellHound
31-08-03, 20:38
Well it's easy to be an attntion whore when people here so eagerly give attention out. :)

Just for you, Cryo. ;)

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 20:40
Just for you, Cryo. ;)

Heh. :p

It's true though. I could just post "Hello" and immediatly a group of people, half of them would probably be those "ignoring me", would jump at the chance to come up with a half-arsed, pathetic snipe. :)

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:40
Just for you, Cryo. ;)

Well it's easy to be an attntion whore when people here so eagerly give attention out.

omgomgomgomg attention gimmiegimmiegimmie attentionattentionattention omgomgomg i want i want i want me me me me me me gimmie gimmiegimmie omgomgomg

HellHound
31-08-03, 20:43
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
omgomgomgomg attention gimmiegimmiegimmie attentionattentionattention omgomgomg i want i want i want me me me me me me gimmie gimmiegimmie omgomgomg

o_O

We are giving you attention, you lummox.

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 20:48
o_O

We are giving you attention, you lummox.

it was a joke, nm :D

Omnituens
31-08-03, 20:58
After being PM by a mod for a breach of forum rules, i would advise you all to stop flaming/spamming/what have you in this thread and try and help Pill out.

Pill, we need your system specs and drivers to help you.

HellHound
31-08-03, 21:06
Er yeah, if he's even checking this thread anymore. :o
So let me see if I got things straight: You were having synch problems on this specific PC and then reformatted the hard drive? How many others do you run NC on, and system specs for the lot, thank you. :p