PDA

View Full Version : idea for zoneacron

Kikyo
31-08-03, 02:12
latley i've been getting sick of people constantly zoning in PvP, every chance someone gets they use the nearest zone to zone in and out repeatly. i suggest KK impliments something where you can only zone 2 times in like 1 minute, this would prevent the constant zoning in OP wars and anywhere else.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 02:13
Failing that, after your _last_ gunshot, you're not allowed to zone for a minute or two.

Scikar
31-08-03, 02:17
...allowing people to camp zone edges waiting for people to come through, since for a lot of people the reflex action upon seeing an enemy threatening them is to shoot back, and then they find themselves trapped up against a zone edge. People zone hopping annoys me too, but this isn't the way to stop it.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 02:17
Originally posted by Scikar
...allowing people to camp zone edges waiting for people to come through, since for a lot of people the reflex action upon seeing an enemy threatening them is to shoot back, and then they find themselves trapped up against a zone edge. People zone hopping annoys me too, but this isn't the way to stop it.

Surely if a zone edge is being camped that person will die anyway?

Scikar
31-08-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Surely if a zone edge is being camped that person will die anyway?

Not necessarily. It's usaually possible to turn and run, unless there's a ppu with parashock. But that's another matter. :p

As an example, this would allow people to camp lifts at someone's apartment. You type in your code, go up, and find 3 people pointing guns at you. You spin round and hit ground floor, currently you would make it, change it to this idea and you would be forced to make a mess of the inside of the lift.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 02:32
My biggest reasons for zone hopping is teh stupid copbots and parashock. My apu lasts about .5 seconds when a copbot shoots me. So I try to stay near the zone point incase the cop shoots me. And as long as ppus still use the overpowered parashock spell and spam me so I can't run, then I feel fully justified in escaping through zoning.

nEo-1664
31-08-03, 02:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
My biggest reasons for zone hopping is teh stupid copbots and parashock. My apu lasts about .5 seconds when a copbot shoots me. So I try to stay near the zone point incase the cop shoots me. And as long as ppus still use the overpowered parashock spell and spam me so I can't run, then I feel fully justified in escaping through zoning.

big up teh shadow dance-man.... i agree totall, Ole is a poor pathetic arse wanking monkey shagging donkey fucker of an APU....

nEo-1664/Ole

ZoneVortex
31-08-03, 04:17
too often i maybe zone into the wrong area and need to immediately zone back, so doin a 'only one zone per 2 minutes' thing isn't gonna make anyone happier

Alamais
31-08-03, 04:29
I think you people are reading what he said all wrong.

i suggest KK impliments something where you can only zone 2 times in like 1 minute

This actually wouldn't be too bad. But maybe in only anarchy and warzones. For example, you go up your apartment and find several ppl there about to shoot you. With the proposed idea you could still turn around and run back down the lift without getting splattered. It's just that after that you'd have to wander around a min or so till you could go anywhere else.

I think that it should only count if you're zoning from any kind of zone to another. But if you're going from a safezone to any other zone then it shouldn't count to the, let's say, 2 zones. So you could zone from P3 to PP1 easily. Then if you had to the zone back from pp1 to p3 would count for one zone. Maybe something like that would work better.

But I agree that this can be quite an annoying situation. People run in and out of the zone so they can avoid being killed. I've had to deal with it a lot, especially in PP1. They'd just hug the zone edge and if they started getting beaten, zone and heal up. I can't say I've really seen it used much in OP fights but I can imagine it'd exist there too. This could possibly be a good way to fix it, but with obvious tweaks.

CarniFlex
31-08-03, 04:51
that rule would kill me ... more than any fire halo, poison halo, nailgun, assualt rifle, gatling rifle, gatling cannon, gatling pistol, cursed soul, speedgatling cannon, melee weapon mod, rhino, warbot, chaos flame queen and evil people killing me at genrep...

And besides how would runnerX (lets call him that instead) come out the sewers he hides in after he dropped his barrels? like zone in and bang bang zone sewer and wham hes stuck there for an eternity while good citymercs and tangents runs down and opens up a can off whopazz? not that I like him... which i dont ... really...

CryptoChronic
31-08-03, 05:56
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Failing that, after your _last_ gunshot, you're not allowed to zone for a minute or two.

this is very good idea... dont they use that in some other game.. it seems familiar... maybe it was UO.

KimmyG
31-08-03, 06:01
Hmmm yes sounds like fun anytime I wanna zone some where having to wait say like just running places in the city.

Or say I wanna do a Diagonal zone in the waste lands and end up face to face with a pack of Y's. Good bye Belt time to get poked yea real great.

Zone battleing is somewhat lame but hey live with it everytime time u zone u may get a laggy zone or a crash then ur fucked.

Jolt
31-08-03, 06:02
Originally posted by Alamais
I can't say I've really seen it used much in OP fights but I can imagine it'd exist there too.

The defending clan can zone in and out of the Underground, along with the turrent ownership exploit.

enablerbr
31-08-03, 06:12
well your always going to get zonewarriors. trouble with this suggestion is that some poor runner zones in finds theirself faced with a group of pk'ers. can't then turn around and run for safty.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 06:54
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
this is very good idea... dont they use that in some other game.. it seems familiar... maybe it was UO.

In UO you couldn't cast recall spell if you initiated a fight against someone.

Damn sometimes I miss UO. Too bad the PvP system went to shit. :rolleyes:

[SP]Ostrich
31-08-03, 16:05
It's a good idea in essence, just to figure out a way to execute it properly...

•Super|\|ova•
31-08-03, 18:44
wtf? now you want to minimalize the chance of surviving? think about a situation where a noob is in the pepper park sewer and is nearly dead and chased by a dragonfly and can't run away from it because he tried to kill it but couldn't hit it because it aint so easy with low lvl weapons.

And the original idea... what the hell is wrong with running away from battle? I dunno if some of you are stupid enough to stand still though you know you can't win if you wont flee.

Why just not to nail down the guys who fire their guns and unnail the last man standing. Hell, why not just to close the all zoneborders when a gun is fired inside a zone and open them up when only one man is alive there :rolleyes:

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 18:58
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
wtf? now you want to minimalize the chance of surviving? think about a situation where a noob is in the pepper park sewer and is nearly dead and chased by a dragonfly and can't run away from it because he tried to kill it but couldn't hit it because it aint so easy with low lvl weapons.

And the original idea... what the hell is wrong with running away from battle? I dunno if some of you are stupid enough to stand still though you know you can't win if you wont flee.

Why just not to nail down the guys who fire their guns and unnail the last man standing. Hell, why not just to close the all zoneborders when a gun is fired inside a zone and open them up when only one man is alive there :rolleyes:

So what about those people who keep running between zones to avoid being killed?

What about those people who happily gank people of a lower rank but flee into a Copbot Watched Area when someone comes along and outclasses them?

There's a difference between fleeing from a battle and outright cowardice.