PDA

View Full Version : Psi Ablitys +2, idea..

Q`alooaith
30-08-03, 23:47
Right now, there are no Psi bone implants, and no psi backbone..

Ok, how's about make some new implants that give + psi ablitys..

now these would let monks cast more diffrent spells, maybe change the req's on rare spells so you need +2 or more, and genraly make psi's less dependate on the one imp that nearly always drops..

Not much of an idea..

Shadow Dancer
30-08-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Right now, there are no Psi bone implants, and no psi backbone..

Ok, how's about make some new implants that give + psi ablitys..

now these would let monks cast more diffrent spells, maybe change the req's on rare spells so you need +2 or more, and genraly make psi's less dependate on the one imp that nearly always drops..

Not much of an idea..

Yes, we are in desperate need of +imps. I need xp controller 3 to use pestilence and holy antibuff. But damnit that force drop along with the lack of force/pierce in PA leaves me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too vulnerable.

But any monk thread asking for more stuff is just asking for flamage. :p

Q`alooaith
30-08-03, 23:56
I'm not asking for +PPU or APU or dread the though PPW..

No, just +psi ablitys, basical make higher level spells or rare spells need higher psi ablitys, in fact this might nerf monks slightly....

the idea is though, to get +3 psi ablitys, you'd need, a headbone, backbone and glove imp, andthen you have spell's the require more than +1 psi amp..

this would also leave room for more deadly spells at a higher end, with the req's being more psi amp..

•Super|\|ova•
31-08-03, 00:05
How about a spine implant which makes the psi energy flow faster through your veins and flesh but weakens your health and makes your body less resistant to diseases, radiation and damage?

hnlecter
31-08-03, 00:05
I think monks are perfectly balanced except maybe a little more faster int gain. Other than that I think monks are ubar fun to play and fight.

They should not get a psi backbone it could disturb the super small line of near perfectism if it is even a word.

Q`alooaith
31-08-03, 15:25
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
How about a spine implant which makes the psi energy flow faster through your veins and flesh but weakens your health and makes your body less resistant to diseases, radiation and damage?

That's a good idea..

So a spine implant that boosts Psi energy regen, but lowers resists...

HellHound
31-08-03, 15:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
But any monk thread asking for more stuff is just asking for flamage. :p

Damn, it's no fun when they know what's coming. :(

*digs up old quotes about monks ruling all*
p.s. that is Arc, right?

Q`alooaith
31-08-03, 15:33
well, it's lasted this long without fire..

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 18:43
Originally posted by HellHound
Damn, it's no fun when they know what's coming. :(

*digs up old quotes about monks ruling all*
p.s. that is Arc, right?

I'm arc.

Heavyporker
31-08-03, 20:35
as I have said before. NO MORE PSI IMPLANTS other than PSI eyes that give + to MST and PSU and to PSI brain implants. That's it, thats all monks need.

and just so you flamers know, I am an APU Monk.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Heavyporker
as I have said before. NO MORE PSI IMPLANTS other than PSI eyes that give + to MST and PSU and to PSI brain implants. That's it, thats all monks need.

and just so you flamers know, I am an APU Monk.

I'd like some psi implants or a rework to our current implants. I don't like being turned to swiss cheese to get + to my PSI.

extract
31-08-03, 20:45
before i say this I am all for implants(it would prevent me from having to drug half the time to use shit) however I kinda like the realisticness(yes i made that up so there) of the imps what i mean by this is as it is monk spells are genereted by brain power etc etc having an eye or a backbone doesnt really make sense for psi implants but hey if we get em I wont be complaining

Cass
31-08-03, 20:55
Don't get me wrong. I'm not just slamming this idea, I have a pure PPU, and have made about 10 different monks since I started playin.

Being a monk, and the lack of bone enforcements is the price you pay for being a monk. Just like being a tank and the lack of Psi stuff (and good boots) is the price you pay for being a tank. :D

Besides.. Monks have deflectors, sanctums, and deflector belts to raise force/pierce protection. And it raises it well, too.

I would, however, like to see the req's taken off the Bat Arm again, so I can have a monk with a double edge sword again. :P

Wannabe
01-09-03, 02:10
Well, the monk could use the 'eye' to see the psi energies that flow within the air much better, therefore enabling him to concentrate on the spell casting better.

Now there's a bone for you to pick =)

// Wannabe

DrNarf
01-09-03, 02:18
The spine and the eye I can understand, but I'm not entirely sure how a bone would give your psi abilities a boost. Personally I don't think we need any more implants, although it would be nice :)

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 02:31
Ummmm, can we make APU damage NON-Random.... Then I would be happy :)

ClownBoat
01-09-03, 07:44
Yeah, lets add some great new items to psi monks to make them even more overpowered!

Then we can make the classes be even more out of balance. YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING GENIUS!

Seriously, it's people like you guys that made things the way they are now. Stop suggesting new crap and let's concentrate on whats already there and needs to be fixed.

Shadow Dancer
01-09-03, 08:24
Jeez Clown, take a breather lol.

SilentGravity
01-09-03, 09:16
Originally posted by ClownBoat
Yeah, lets add some great new items to psi monks to make them even more overpowered!

Then we can make the classes be even more out of balance. YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING GENIUS!

Seriously, it's people like you guys that made things the way they are now. Stop suggesting new crap and let's concentrate on whats already there and needs to be fixed.

As I said, I dont want any new items, I just want my damage to no be longer random.