PDA

View Full Version : Customer only forums

Breschau
30-08-03, 21:39
Mkay. Fairly simple question: Have the forums improved since they became customer-only (have to be tied to an active account to post)?

'Improved' could consist of various things including spam levels, flaming levels, quality of discussion, fun levels, and so on. I imagine different things would mean improvement for different people.

This is purely out of curiosity. And by a similar token, I'm just as interested in whether things have improved for moderators as players (eg, reduction in workload, less editting and banning, etc).

\\Fényx//
30-08-03, 21:49
well theres no REDJacket anymore, thats a bonus :D

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 21:54
Personally I see the "Customer Only" forums as a way of telling potential customers (or former customers) we dont want you anymore.

They come on the forums, go into community chat to reply to some posts, make threads talking about the game, seeing if anythings improved, etc... And they can't, and a lot of people would take it as a way of saying "Go away, we're too good for you" or something along those lines.

Lets go back to the way the forums used to be :eek:

Could we possibly pass the ban hammer to a different person, Niddhog has had it too long. It's time to let the other mods practice with the hammer O_o j/k

alig
30-08-03, 21:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

lol i remember every thread i went onto he would post something insanely sarcastic....he made me laff anyway:lol:

Jesterthegreat
30-08-03, 21:56
i see twelve locked posts (not including stickies) on the first page... id say no?

Breschau
30-08-03, 21:57
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

I coulda sworn I saw him posting just a couple of days ago..

Personally, I'm not sure. It doesn't really seem much better (though definitely not worse).. other than a few less of the people who left and returned to tell us all how great the new game they're playing is (before leaving again.. and when they come back next time it's a new new game).

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 21:58
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Personally I see the "Customer Only" forums as a way of telling potential customers (or former customers) we dont want you anymore.

They come on the forums, go into community chat to reply to some posts, make threads talking about the game, seeing if anythings improved, etc... And they can't, and a lot of people would take it as a way of saying "Go away, we're too good for you" or something along those lines.

You are aware the "newbie area" is for non-subscribers, right?

Tazo
30-08-03, 22:01
No, they didnt improve. The biggest idiots still play, the nice people and intelligent players are the ones that leave. :(