PDA

View Full Version : wow...this sucks

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 12:25
this was originally posted bu viruz...

yesterday KK wiped my inventory during the server maintenance, and for this they were gonna give me 100k. FUCK YOU!
in my inventory i had a 3 slot all artifact holy lightning, 3 slot all artifact fire apoc, 3 slot all artifact holy antibuff, a holy pestilence a 3 slot toxic beam a psi core and all of my stuff basically. u might ask why? because we had an OP fight before i logged, so i had it all on me. i was thinking that this is a problem that KK made by rebooting the server or whatever they did, so i would get my stuff back, but no, here is what i said:

Hello!
this might sound a bit complicated, but ill try as good as i can.
last night we had a lot of OP fights, and we lost, so i got mad and logged off
off withtout retrieving my stuff. today when i logged on, i got my pack from the generep, then saw a message about server going down for maintenance, so i log out. when i log back in, i've been rolled back like 5 minutes, no problem i think. my inventory was empty again, so i tried to retrieve my backpack, but this time i just pay money, and nothing shows up. basically all of my inventory is gone. here are my details:
> account name: xxxxx
> Server: pluto
> name: Viruz_XX
> clan: FreedomForce

thank you in advance
Eirik Jansson

now heres the reply:

Sorry, but i cant bring back your missing backpack.
I can only offer you a small compensation for your loss.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Stephan Bast

this means -2 accs for KK -1 player on pluto. thanks for a good time, i will never be back, unless u get a grip and fix your support system.
good bye guys.

its not against the rules to copy and paste the text is it?

i just wanted to say that sucks anyways...

Pitspawn
30-08-03, 12:26
Yeah i went to reply with this ...

Why cant they just roll back your char to yesturday? Because they fear that you might try to dupe the items? Theres really no way you can help everyone though. Just look what happened when that hacker started getting onto peoples accounts...KK kindly gave the peoples chars back after upping security. However, some sick fucks decided to abuse the situation and perposely delete theyre char after giving their stuff away knowing that KK would roll their char back. No way to win really.

BTW cyaz viruz, cant recommend playing sw:g to me its just sims online. Personally im going to be playing daoc again when the subscription page is up (early next week i believe)

but those mods are damn fast on the close button today :P

Mr Friendly
30-08-03, 12:27
i wonder if he even tried reloggin & gettin the BP then :\

SilentGravity
30-08-03, 12:28
Yes it does suck, and yes KK are useless when it comes to replacing items.

...and blah blah blah blah blah...

"Spread your cheeks and lick your sack"

cracky
30-08-03, 12:31
You know, even if people are duping items by requesting rollbacks that shouldn't stop them from rolling back accounts. They should just start to investigate before the rollback or do the unique item id thing people have suggested.

Addition: also the 100k max is stupid too people have been losing millions all the time, they either need to fix their game or deal with the shit.

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 12:31
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Yes it does suck, and yes KK are useless when it comes to replacing items.

...and blah blah blah blah blah...

LOL...im still listening to it too

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 12:32
i thought someone from KK said that every item in the game has an ID...and thats how they can tell if they get duped...

maybe it was just a lie to get people to not dupe...but i dunno...sounds like a good idea, but i dunno how hard it would be to actually do it.

Viruz
30-08-03, 12:38
ye, i cancelled both of my accs a moment ago. i wont be back, not even for doy, unless they fix that lame ass support system. because it sucks.

Judge
30-08-03, 12:44
Harsh man..... With rares I think that they should offer up 100K per part, that would be getting closer to making up for it.

Oath
30-08-03, 12:45

O_o

Sucks Kid, see you soon perhaps.

Oath.

OTIS
30-08-03, 12:45

lol thas hard to do...o wait did i say that out loud??:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No kidwithastickthatyouhitpeoplewithinthehead,mostlyKKemployeesnow dont go just cuz support sux. Just get new shit and dont cry about it:p :p

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 12:48
Originally posted by OTIS
lol thas hard to do...o wait did i say that out loud??:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

were listening to mayhamemikes radio station...right now its got a 45 min dave chapelle special playing...funny shit

listen at http://66.76.161.153:8000/listen.pls

Oath
30-08-03, 12:48
Originally posted by OTIS

Holy shit dude, you do yoga or something lol.

Oath.

Benjie
30-08-03, 12:51
When I cancelled my Account, and they sent me an E-mail asking why, I said somthing like this.

1: It feels as though I am playing an unfinished product.
2: Customer support is bad at times, and has occasionally been offensive towards me.

Wish it wasn't true but it was. :(

Viruz
30-08-03, 12:53
im not even gonna answer that mail they sent me benjie, the one who reads it might get offended

Benjie
30-08-03, 12:55
Originally posted by Viruz
im not even gonna answer that mail they sent me benjie, the one who reads it might get offended

If I where you I would, but write it in a mature way. Tell them why you felt driven to leave Neocron, otherwise it will always be like this. Hopefully Leaving E-Mails get a lot more weight than Forum threads.

:)

cracky
30-08-03, 12:56
Well the problem is they act like they think their system is perfect and people only ask for help when they want to get free stuff which is not the way to act.

Benjie
30-08-03, 12:59
I have often asked for help understanding things in Neocron, and have been "honered" with replies like this.

"LMAO!!! Dude I cant tell you that! Ask some guy at plaza, stop bugging customer support."

Im I the only one who feels that is a response not from a customer support team in a proffesional buisness, but from Teh Uber L337 H4ckor?........ And thats just the start of it.

Rade
30-08-03, 13:20
One thing I think is funny... on one of the MUDs I was working on we implemented a unique code for each item, which effectively shuts down all attempts at duping anything except maybe money. This was 1996, and we were amature programmers, it was easy and the fix was done and tested in very short time. Now its 2003, KK is supposed to be proffesional development team. The only conclusion I come to is that its not very high on their priority list.

Benjie
30-08-03, 13:26
Originally posted by Rade
One thing I think is funny... on one of the MUDs I was working on we implemented a unique code for each item, which effectively shuts down all attempts at duping anything except maybe money. This was 1996, and we were amature programmers, it was easy and the fix was done and tested in very short time. Now its 2003, KK is supposed to be proffesional development team. The only conclusion I come to is that its not very high on their priority list.

Maybe KK havn't though of that idea... Post it as an individual thread on the BP and Community Talk English and German. Hopfully they havn't thought of the idea yet and it will fix a lot of problems with the NC exploits/customer support unwilling to help.

Pitspawn
30-08-03, 13:46
It feels as though I am playing an unfinished product.

I would say Neocron is as complete as its going to get. Unfortunately they are fighting a loosing battle as the game engine is simply too old to do what they want it to do. Things KK should do IMO (in chronological order)...

1) Get more population onto the servers (Get new publishers and advertise [whoa advertise wazzat?!?!])
2) Double security measures so no hackers can obtain access to players accounts. Also upgrade the database, i heard they were running mysql databases but were planning to upgrade to oracle or something. Actually take the step and do that upgrade, its probably the current system that is the cause of all the db leaks...
3) Create a bigger GOAL for neocron players. We all level up, fight and create clans to change something. If we are not changing anything then we do not have a GOAL. DaoC has a goal which is imo why its so sucessful. An example would be to give holding multiple outposts a powerful ally bonus, not some crappy +50 CST. I would personally recommend splitting each faction into PRO/ANTI city and make the bonus apply to either side holding the outposts.
4) Add something for capped out players to do. If you are going to encourage people to use one character servers you need to make sure there is always something to do. Something like a sixth stat line which i suggested in brainport a while back would be perfect.
5) Work on the game engine. Almost an impossible task to manage, but reworking the game engine to fix bugs/fps/graphics would really be a great move.
6) Decide a roll for each class and subclass, and balance the classes from there. Remember that no matter how balanced you think the classes might be there will always be people out there to make you think theyre not.
7) Introduce more neutral genreps. Locking out genreps was one of the things that definately accelerated me leaving neocron. The same thing applies to my friends who left. When we are not fighting we are trying to level our alts, who have to walk 10 zones only to get killed by doy bots.

Darkborg
30-08-03, 13:48
seriuosly KK needs to take a differnt stance on this or get their crap ass database fixed because this is just so unbelievably LAME.

whats happening down there in germany ?? u all did too many drugs. your baby brothers borrowed your accts ??

this game is great but shit like this REALLY ruin it. This game isnt based as much on skill as on your equipment. so this is a setback thats just unbelieveable harsh.
I would have thought a faithfull player could get some help when something as shitty as this happens

RayBob
30-08-03, 13:54
In every MMORPG, the developers create huge time sinks where players have to hunt/build their uber items. It can take months to fully outfit a top character. This is precisely one of the goals of these games and the longer it takes you, the more months you keep paying them.

Any sane person who is contemplating creating an MMORPG has to realize that people are going to get attached to the items that took them hundreds of hours to acquire. Some of these virtual items from various games even sell for hundreds of real dollars on auction sites.

Every MMORPG will also have the occasional corrupt DB problems and attempts to dupe items. These are all common sense facts of the MMORPG industry.

Thus, I cannot understand why KK does not assign unique IDs to items. Did they think that there MMORPG would be the first one ever not to suffer from these problems? Did they think that players would not get upset and cancel their accounts? Did they even think about this issue at all?

Snake EYE
30-08-03, 13:55
YOU CANNOT OFFER 100K FOR A LOSS OF THAT KIND!

I mean cummon guys - all artifact rare apu spells are hard to come by, and he lost several, aswell as all his imps and other stuff, and you offer 100k?! That just isnt right.

Viruz is the closest friend I have in neocron, and to hear that he is leaving because KK will not fix something they caused seriously sucks.

Sorry to see ya go V :(

Syntax-Error
30-08-03, 14:05
yeah sorry too see you go mate. but hell i agree with you. and your not the only one leaving because of there fuckup yesterday and the poorly handled events

Lethys
30-08-03, 14:07
Yeah sad to see you go, as I already said I lost my 3 slot ROG in the rollback, but I'm going to have to live with it. I've nearly got all the parts to make another one anyway, thanks to help from clanmates :)

Cryotchekk
30-08-03, 14:32
ma song:

(rap)
(verse)

one day i was strolling along
saw a couple of floozy's wich looked liked king kong
me and my mates were on a lil mission
to go find some warbots and then go flounder fishin'
and when i dived in the deep end
and saw my friend pretend
his life got flipped upside down
it was like it was all turned around
with the fuzzy flounder pounder one the loose
they came back with shit like'pass the noose'
we know that the daddy like's them young
so he's prolly gonna get some underage and dumb
now its 10:30 and were getting none
ill take you back to where the story begun

(chorus)
pump pump pump pump me up
bomb doppin like groung zero
you stole my life but your sister made a new
your parents think im crazy
but they dont your sister is carrying my baby

(verse)
you come to hear the story
that will probably bore me
you plain like plain
but still like a fucking pain

(chorus)
bomb doppin like groung zero
you stole my life but your sister made a new
your parents think im crazy
but they dont your sister is carrying my baby

MIKE
MIKE
MIKE
MIKE SCHWEIZER
MIKE
MIKE
MIKE
MIKE SCHWEIZER
MIKE
MIKE
MIKE
MIKE SCHWEIZER
MIKE SCHWEIZER
MIKE SCHWEIZER
YOUR GIRLFRIEND
WE NAILED HER!

hmm, cant really think of any more.

sad to see you go mate.

maggotcorpse
30-08-03, 14:43
Does not weight you about the support team. They make always good work. Thanks the players those the support rather uses and its articles thus doubles or even articles it possessed from the support never got.

[Sorry for bad English i have translated it with the Google Translat0r :D ]

MjukisDjur
30-08-03, 14:59
Nelson : ha ha

no, I really feel for you man... this sucks

cracky
30-08-03, 15:14
I agree with most of your points pitspawn but for content I'd more like to see endgame content instead of the extra stat thing. It's cool for the people that like leveling but I think alot of people dislike leveling.

I want to see faction wars actually mean something. I want to be able to work up the ranks of the faction ladder and do clan large scale missions. Also have a reason to attack enemy hqs, maybe have factions have more control when you do certain things for them and be able to push control back and fourth throughout the city.

Anyways enough of ideas, they really need to handle the problem with their security and also advertise get a bigger customer base and hire gms. I can't be the only one that sees the player gms being biased all over every server.

Mighty Max
30-08-03, 15:15
Who the f... is MIKE SCHWEIZER ???

Cryotchekk
30-08-03, 16:42
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Who the f... is MIKE SCHWEIZER ???

martin schweizer didnt fit :p

Mighty Max
30-08-03, 17:01
Martin schwiezer

:P

Shadow Dancer
30-08-03, 17:28
Originally posted by RayBob
In every MMORPG, the developers create huge time sinks where players have to hunt/build their uber items. It can take months to fully outfit a top character. This is precisely one of the goals of these games and the longer it takes you, the more months you keep paying them.

Any sane person who is contemplating creating an MMORPG has to realize that people are going to get attached to the items that took them hundreds of hours to acquire. Some of these virtual items from various games even sell for hundreds of real dollars on auction sites.

Every MMORPG will also have the occasional corrupt DB problems and attempts to dupe items. These are all common sense facts of the MMORPG industry.

Thus, I cannot understand why KK does not assign unique IDs to items. Did they think that there MMORPG would be the first one ever not to suffer from these problems? Did they think that players would not get upset and cancel their accounts? Did they even think about this issue at all?

Excellent post.

Nasher
30-08-03, 17:47
on one of the MUDs I was working on we implemented a unique code for each item, which effectively shuts down all attempts at duping anything

Someone suggested that in beta, but the problem is its even MORE work for the database to do, which would mean more lag :/

Maybe they could do it in future if they get bigger/more servers, but how would exsisting items be converted? they would probably have to wipe everything except the char itself.

Rade
30-08-03, 17:57
Originally posted by Nasher
Someone suggested that in beta, but the problem is its even MORE work for the database to do, which would mean more lag :/

Maybe they could do it in future if they get bigger/more servers, but how would exsisting items be converted? they would probably have to wipe everything except the char itself.

It is more work for the database, true, but it is very little more work, and it would be far from noticeable. Old items just get a unique id when this system is implemented, its pretty easy really.

Garet
30-08-03, 18:22
Dont be surprised if u see this thread closed soon...

Being hostile to KK is not allowed apparently.

This sucks and I think I will also be out when my current subscriptions run out.

The screw up's of the last year have pissed me off totally and the fact that KK are now driving away good players has ruined any appeal this game has. Why pay for the pleasure of being screwed over by the very people that are supposed to be providing you with a service.

Sorry KK but your customer support department sucks.

Futureman
30-08-03, 18:39
Yeah I agree:

This game has a lot of good things going for it, but at the same time it has a lot of negative things going for it to. Its usually extremely fun, or extremely irritating. But when the irritating moments outnumber the fun ones, you start to get pissed, and you wait thinking the fun times will return. That's why people are always so pissed. Some people say that people on the boards are in the minority, and the majority is out there having fun. Let me tell you this: Nobody loves this game that much. People are just having more fun than being frustrated. Only becasue they are lucky.

I remember when i first bought my hovertec i was riding out to Catlock for my epic and i lost it through no fault of my own and it never returned to the depot. I sent two Gm help requests that told me to wait, and then i sent an email to helpdesk explaining that i was a beginner and that this kind of stuff makes me want to quit the game. I was told that if I "threatened to cancel my account it wouldn't make any support faster, and maybe SLOWER" As in they deliberately try to piss people off who already want to cancel their account. Thats just stupid and bad business.

I think my Poll about DoY is pretty telling that KK is really screwing up in many ways with the support issues. Okay? So, who cares if there is a duped 3 slot HL? I really don't care, but i do care if we lose another good player due to crap like this. Some monk gets two HLs or gets his inventory duped. So what he'll have a backup spell, or he'll make about 2 million, which probably isn't much to him anyway.

Here's the lowdown:

CDV screwed up the release, causing fewer players.
KK has been pissing off gamers through support and lackluster development. The database issues are really causing problems, and KK wants to ignore them and make them go away, but they won't.

My advice:

Don't piss of the players with the losing crap. That's the one thing that WILL make people leave. I don't blame the guy at all. If my stuff all got deleted I'd leave too.

Possessed
30-08-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Futureman
Yeah I agree:

This game has a lot of good things going for it, but at the same time it has a lot of negative things going for it to. Its usually extremely fun, or extremely irritating. But when the irritating moments outnumber the fun ones, you start to get pissed, and you wait thinking the fun times will return. That's why people are always so pissed. Some people say that people on the boards are in the minority, and the majority is out there having fun. Let me tell you this: Nobody loves this game that much. People are just having more fun than being frustrated. Only becasue they are lucky.

I remember when i first bought my hovertec i was riding out to Catlock for my epic and i lost it through no fault of my own and it never returned to the depot. I sent two Gm help requests that told me to wait, and then i sent an email to helpdesk explaining that i was a beginner and that this kind of stuff makes me want to quit the game. I was told that if I "threatened to cancel my account it wouldn't make any support faster, and maybe SLOWER" As in they deliberately try to piss people off who already want to cancel their account. Thats just stupid and bad business.

I think my Poll about DoY is pretty telling that KK is really screwing up in many ways with the support issues. Okay? So, who cares if there is a duped 3 slot HL? I really don't care, but i do care if we lose another good player due to crap like this. Some monk gets two HLs or gets his inventory duped. So what he'll have a backup spell, or he'll make about 2 million, which probably isn't much to him anyway.

Here's the lowdown:

CDV screwed up the release, causing fewer players.
KK has been pissing off gamers through support and lackluster development. The database issues are really causing problems, and KK wants to ignore them and make them go away, but they won't.

My advice:

Don't piss of the players with the losing crap. That's the one thing that WILL make people leave. I don't blame the guy at all. If my stuff all got deleted I'd leave too.

AMEN

Viruz
30-08-03, 19:12
seems like everyone thinks i wanted to dupe my stuff, so ill say it now. i was not trying to get new copies of my spells, i was simply trying to get my stuff back. i told all my friends that if KK offered me 100k i would cancel both of my accounts, and i have. of course, everyone has asked if they couldnt just give me new stuff, so i would stay, but i seriously dont think i should make my friends pay for something KK caused.
the fact is, my inventory (backpack) disappeared when KK took the server down for maintenance, and refuses to do anything about it. seems fair to u?

Dream
30-08-03, 19:38
This kind of thing not only pisses me off, it also worries me that sometime this might happen to me or someone I know.... what the hell KK you gotta keep LOGS so you can tell if its a bug or an item dupe attempt.

Viruz
30-08-03, 20:23
well guess what, it just happened again, read my thread: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=73676

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Viruz
well guess what, it just happened again, read my thread: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?threadid=73676

what server is this on?

Viruz
30-08-03, 20:26
pluto

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 20:34
Originally posted by Dream
This kind of thing not only pisses me off, it also worries me that sometime this might happen to me or someone I know.... what the hell KK you gotta keep LOGS so you can tell if its a bug or an item dupe attempt.

there to occupied with DoY...

and WTF man all my smileys and buttons are gone

VetteroX
30-08-03, 20:35
Question for KK: Even IF some people make up problems like this to trick you into giving them free stuff, which is worse, a few people getting a free rare from you now and then, or losing customers? Think about it. I say replace items.

Darkborg
31-08-03, 00:18
honestly apologise and get this fixed, i mean this is seriously one of the problems that have pissed off most people the most.
i know im mad as hell and that several other people are as well. ( no the rime was not intentional:rolleyes: ).

so really get on it or find a better solution than the "100k" BS.

Nixon
31-08-03, 00:45
If i lost all my shit due to a bug and KK offered me 100k for
i'd get pretty angry.. And probably wouldnt bother starting
from the beginning if it was my main char.

Would be so frustrating to lose all the stuff you have been
working for countless hours. Then someone says 'sorry' and
offers you an amount of cash that you'd get in 20 minutes..

The 100k shit would just fuel my fire.

Darkborg
31-08-03, 00:56
You know what really pisses me off about this. I dont see a kk guy coming out here with info about this the only thing i see is the closed thread treatment. :rolleyes:
which i honestly believe isnt solving anything at all maybe exept fuel a few fires out there there (including mine).
Man sometimes i wish i could just go to the im quitting stage but i cant why ?
because i like this dam game and the persons in it too much.
But then we have things like this, that totally ruins it for persons. this shit really makes me want to signal reakktor with an "im quitting thread" but i cant and its annoying as hell.

i must say if my main char got fucked like this i dont know what i'd do.
i have freinds that i know would help me on with the game if i asked, and i probably would stay, because of my freinds ingame.
i seriuosly doubt than anyone without as good freinds as i have would want to continue after something as harsh as this.

Omnituens
31-08-03, 01:43
Again, i am forced to point out:

Originally posted by KidWithStick
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Stephan Bast

why... why.. WHY is it always this guy?

unlucky?

or is there a genuine problem here?

SilentGravity
31-08-03, 23:00
Originally posted by Omnituens
Again, i am forced to point out:

why... why.. WHY is it always this guy?

unlucky?

or is there a genuine problem here?

Stephan sounds like a female name, though I might just be pronouncing it in my head wrong.

Mighty Max
31-08-03, 23:02
its a german male name.

Stephanie would be the female version

Cryotchekk
31-08-03, 23:04
Stephan sounds like a female name, though I might just be pronouncing it in my head wrong.

alltough u can make it sound like a starwars name if u say it

step'han

Scikar
31-08-03, 23:05

Judging from the way Odin refers to Stephan as 'he', and combined with the fact that Odin and Stephan bast work together, I would say it's a fair bet that Stephan Bast is male.

I don't think Bast is all that bad really, his only problem is that he sometimes doesn't understand the problems people have, for example if he's told that the devs won't roll back chars on Pluto, sometimes somebody on Saturn needs a roll back but he tells them the devs won't d

SilentGravity
31-08-03, 23:09
Originally posted by Scikar
Judging from the way Odin refers to Stephan as 'he', and combined with the fact that Odin and Stephan bast work together, I would say it's a fair bet that Stephan Bast is male.

I don't think Bast is all that bad really, his only problem is that he sometimes doesn't understand the problems people have, for example if he's told that the devs won't roll back chars on Pluto, sometimes somebody on Saturn needs a roll back but he tells them the devs won't d

Ok I retract my statement of him being a her ;)

.Cyl0n
31-08-03, 23:11
Stop bitching about this stephan bast... i lost my char after the rollback and he helped me... he's really nice if you dont bitch at him about how buggy this game is or about KK ...
This thing today really changed my mind about KK's support ... i still lost my app but at least i got my char back .
And if KK tells him that he has to give you 100 k .. he cant change it... if they would tell him to give the player 16 mil he would do it too.. i dont think thats up to him.

.cy

Scikar
31-08-03, 23:23
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
Stop bitching about this stephan bast... i lost my char after the rollback and he helped me... he's really nice if you dont bitch at him about how buggy this game is or about KK ...
This thing today really changed my mind about KK's support ... i still lost my app but at least i got my char back .
And if KK tells him that he has to give you 100 k .. he cant change it... if they would tell him to give the player 16 mil he would do it too.. i dont think thats up to him.

.cy

A lot of it stems from when he refused to ask for a rollback to NAT's clan apartment, telling them that the apartment rollbacks were only on Pluto and Uranus, and that Saturn had no problems and therefore no rollbacks were permitted. This was wrong, as people DID have problems on Saturn and they DID get rollbacks from other members of the support staff. By the time Rizzy spoke to Odin it was too late and the previous apartment backup was gone. This is the only case I've seen where Bast actually made a mistake, however it has been referred to ever since in threads about e-mails received from him, whether it's relevant or not.