PDA

View Full Version : Test server

OTIS
30-08-03, 04:41
ok i'm an idiot and cant figure out how to get the test sever. Can someone give me the "retard" instuctions plz?

Ryuben
30-08-03, 04:43
take finger out bum :D (maybeuse test server forums ;))

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 04:45
Originally posted by OTIS
ok i'm an idiot and cant figure out how to get the test sever. Can someone give me the "retard" instuctions plz?

You can find the information on how to (re)install Neocron for Test Server use, and patch for test server use.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46221

Hope this thread will help you.

OTIS
30-08-03, 04:45
lol i did that but i'm a lamer at comp stuff it all looks like jibberish to me:D

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 05:03
Reinstall Neocron into a different drecitory (i.e. C:\Neocron-Test).
Then download the test server patches here ftp.neocron.com.
Save them into the Patch Directory of the Test Server installation.

Then put in the same IP for retail, execpt for it being .54, It's .55. Then Launch Neocron, and it will start patching for the Test Server. After it's all patched, you're good to go.

OTIS
30-08-03, 05:06
ahh ty for the n00b description dood:D Now i go try it

Mankind
30-08-03, 05:06
Instructions I made:

Test Server Instructions:

1)Uninstall any current version of Neocron. (WARNING: Before you go through with this, copy your "patches" folder in main "Neocron" folder directory and put it somewhere safe for the time being.
2)Reinstall Neocron.
3)Move the pak files into the root directory (I.E. If the pak files are in C:\Games\Neocron, move them to C:\".
4)Copy your Neocron folder and in the same root directory paste the copy. Rename it to something like "Neocron Test"
5)Now you have 2 clean installs of Neocron.
6)Now, the "patches" folder that you had previously moved somewhere safe can now be moved back into the directory C:\Games\Neocron.
7)As for the "Neocron Test" folder. You can copy the patches from your retail Neocron folder into them up to patch 158.
8)Download all patches EXCEPT patch 159 and patch 185. These need to be downloaded using the launcher, otherwise you will not be able to get into the Test Server.
9)After all patches downloaded, let them install and you are all set to join the Test Server.

Thanks

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 05:39
@Mankind

Then he would have to patch two versions of Neocron doing that. This way he only has to 1 install, and that is for the Test Server, he wont have to worry about copying anything that way.

But yea, forgot to mention, you can copy all the .pak files from the Neocron directory to the "C:\" And delete the .pak files from the Neocron and Neocron-Test folders to free up a bit of harddisk space.

@ Otis

I hope ya get it working, test server is fun :rolleyes:
Just too many newbs on their that keep asking for the world :lol:

Mankind
30-08-03, 06:21
Ummm wtf are you on?

Neocron Retail server has seperate patches than the Neocron Test Server.

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/files/patches/

See the patches?
They seperate NC Retail vs. NC Test because they are totally different patches.

So thus if you have never played neocron retail OR neocron test server before you WILL have to patch both if you want to play both. If you have all the patches to neocron retail and you simply need to reinstall neocron, you should move your patches folder somewhere safe so you don't have to get them over again.

Understand or no?

OTIS
30-08-03, 06:44
:confused: = meh

OTIS
30-08-03, 06:46
so mankind i just reinstall NC and name it diff and just go to that site and dl teh test server patches?? Is that it?

Mankind
30-08-03, 07:00
Okay lets do this again :)

**If you have Neocron patched already, take the PATCHES folder and move it somewhere safe**

1.Reinstall neocron.
2.After reinstalled take all the of the .PAK files out of your new neocron folder and move them to the root directory (I.E. Move them to C:\ if your neocron folder is C:\Neocron)
3.Now COPY your neocron folder and PASTE it (I.E. If your Neocron folder is C:\Neocron then the test server should be C:\Neocron Test)
4.Now you have 2 Folders. Neocron and Neocron Test. And you also have all of the .PAK files that are needed to play neocron and those are in the root directory.
5.Remember that PATCHES folder that you put somewhere safe? Move that back into C:\Neocron (OVERWRITE!)
6.Now you have the retail server working perfect.
7.You can COPY all of the patches from C:\Neocron\patches UP TO PATCH 158 and PASTE them into C:\Neocron Test\patches.
8.EVERY PATCH NEEDS TO BE DOWNLOADED AFTER 158 EXCEPT 159 AND 185 (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/files/patches/). 159 and 185 HAVE TO BE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED USING THE NEOCRON LAUNCHER. IT ONLY WORKS THIS WAY. MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE TEST SERVER PATCHES AND NOT THE RETAIL PATCHES.
8.Enjoy!

OTIS
30-08-03, 07:17
lol i wanna try this shit but i fucked up the game yesterday so i'm haveing to reinstall the game and re dl the patches then i will try i should get it with these directions ty!:)