PDA

View Full Version : Tank Speeds

Talios
30-08-03, 04:15
Why do tanks with lets say speed gat or TPC drawn run slower then pudding? Almsot feels like we are parashocked or something in pVp.

Thundra
30-08-03, 04:17
because if a tank could run full wack with a curse soul it would own i know i am one run speed is fine for a tank as it is

\\Fényx//
30-08-03, 04:19
Originally posted by Talios
Why do tanks with lets say speed gat or TPC drawn run slower then pudding? Almsot feels like we are parashocked or something in pVp.

because its a HEAVY weapon :rolleyes:

dude just overspec your agility with the 40 extra DEX levels that we have :) 89TC and like 100 agility and you barely notice it then, it does still slow you down but not a 50% hit to your speed. Also as heavty weapons output lots of damage its a fair tradeoff

FBI
30-08-03, 04:19
Originally posted by Thundra
because if a tank could run full wack with a curse soul it would own i know i am one run speed is fine for a tank as it is

it would be fine if HC PA didnt remove ATL :rolleyes:

Thundra
30-08-03, 04:31
erm i dont realy agree i think tank PA is fine as it is i run same speed with AP as wthout die to the cap. i think they should stop this over capping speed so u can rn faster with HC weapons out.

howl point is u may run slow but get a few skillful shots out and our tanks own i now my tank can take a kicking b4 he drops too so i get the time to get those shots off. if i could run faster with my gun out it would be a bit silly

still i bet if tanks could they would still bitch about stealth, i hope thats stops as it really does make things a bit fairer

Ryuben
30-08-03, 04:42
lol i remember the good old days *sniff* no cap for tanks we was running around like pe's with pistols ahh the good old days :(

then again u always had to have a freezer cannon in ur qb too lol nvm :D

Shadow Dancer
30-08-03, 05:02
Tanks shouldn't even be able to overspec runspeed.

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 05:53
I would have thought PowerArmor would add ATH (or AGL) hint the name "Power Armor", right now it should just be "Armor" :rolleyes:

Just my two cents

VVerevvolf
30-08-03, 05:56
PA for tanks adding agil or athl o_O
Dude this is an armor which weights about 20 kilo, you won't be able to run faster with it o_O

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 05:56
because in beta they didnt always slow us down that much, but people got to complaning....one thing led to another...and the rest you know.

.Cyl0n
30-08-03, 06:06
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
PA for tanks adding agil or athl o_O
Dude this is an armor which weights about 20 kilo, you won't be able to run faster with it o_O

i completely agree... the tank pa is big and fat and it weights ALOT
... so it should remove ath to makeyou run slower... just logic o_O

.cy

Lethal Virus
30-08-03, 06:08
Or add "batteries" to the PowerArmor to make have more "power" to move you :D

Mankind
30-08-03, 06:15
Tank PA is fine.

Besides real PvP tanks don't wear PA :)

enablerbr
30-08-03, 06:20
Tank PA is just for standing around in. i think most real tanks like mankind said don't use it for pvp.

FBI
30-08-03, 07:41
at one time tanks did, they are no longer viable for pvp, just pvm

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 08:55
Power Armour just means that armour is powered by some sort of generator, usually a mini-Nuclear one.

Marzola
30-08-03, 09:01
i've been messing arround with PA, I don't see how it really hurts my pvp besides lowers my athletics, but I get all my speed from Agility. The PA sorta helps due to geting a few extra shots per minute. I haven't noticed too much of a difference in my PvP.

SilentGravity
30-08-03, 09:03
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Power Armour just means that armoued is powered by some sort of generator, usually a mini-Nuclear one.

Talk about breaking the laws of atomic physics :p

I see your back ;)

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 09:05
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Talk about breaking the laws of atomic physics :p

Hey, just relaying what's been said on TV. :p

It's true though, "Power Armour" has a little power generator inside it to help the armour itself. When struck the armour deliberately crumples and collapses....but then uses the "power" to shift and mould back into it's original shape.

Nullifies the impact of projetiles while losing very little durability.

VetteroX
30-08-03, 09:54
Im not gonna be able to use a herc on saturn, least not for a while, so I think im going to try wearing blue PA for pvp. I did pretty well weraing it on my tank on pluto, so with practicce i should do fine with it on staurn. I dont like being slowed down, but + 10 hc is a very nice bunus, especially since im guessing my first CS will be one slot.

Itth
30-08-03, 10:33
i use pa 2 in combat, the extra hc is very much worth it..

\\Fényx//
30-08-03, 17:34
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

:lol: your just pissed that my tanks fast with his gun out during neofrag :lol:

I use resistor, adv movement, Marine and MOVEON. dont have a herc, not really botherd about getting one o_O Cap my CS damage anyway, herc would only improve ROF and my aiming's always gonna be gimped as my tank has 50 hack ^^

Originally posted by VetteroX
Im not gonna be able to use a herc on saturn, least not for a while, so I think im going to try wearing blue PA for pvp. I did pretty well weraing it on my tank on pluto, so with practicce i should do fine with it on staurn. I dont like being slowed down, but + 10 hc is a very nice bunus, especially since im guessing my first CS will be one slot.

:confused:

my tank dont have a herc, doesent have 115 str for PA2 and doombeamer, doesent have his filter2 poked (yet :D only got it yesterday) and also has a shit 1 slot CS. yet generally its pretty even in fights now.

Dribble Joy
30-08-03, 17:41
20 kilos?
Try half a ton, ( ingame 20 kilos but nm) The power unit is there just to keep the movements up to speed with what a person demands of it.
If you try to be more energetic than the average person it isn't going to let you.

Tank PA is fine as it is, shit tons of piercing/force/energy so you can stuff the rest in xray res. and tank have enough DEX as it is.

Also I also agree that over specing should not be possible.

Right, I'm off to get pissed.

Shadow Dancer
30-08-03, 17:49
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
:lol: your just pissed that my tanks fast with his gun out during neofrag :lol:

I still owned you though. :p

Lucjan
30-08-03, 19:23
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

I really do disagree on that one. Why not? It is not like they do it without sacrifice. To overspec runspeed so that it makes a feelable difference with a cannon out they need to gimp their resists and/or health to overspec ATL. AGL is no problem for tanks at all, but the overspec succesfully one needs to keep ATL and AGL even...pumping AGL sky high doesnt make much difference.

As you see, they gain a little bit speed by sacrifing an anything but little part of their defense. Sounds very much ok for me.

Talios
30-08-03, 19:50
this post got way off topic:) I was talking about NO pa tank drawing cannons then moving slower the shit.... For PvP I dont wear PA. Duranium Vest 4 works just as well for me.

Nish
31-08-03, 00:31
Well seeing as we've gone off topic we might as well stay off topic. I fail to see why so many people think it's shite. My tank has enough con points to make up the ath, I do a lot better wearing PA than I do not wearing it, and generally find that PA tanks give me more trouble than ones who don't wear it.

Also the thing with the hitbox being larger, afaik it isn't larger. Just aim at someone and have them put it on and off, the edge seems to stay in the same place. I've only looked at that widthwise though, don't quote me on length.

hivemind
31-08-03, 01:03
Also the thing with the hitbox being larger, afaik it isn't larger. Just aim at someone and have them put it on and off, the edge seems to stay in the same place. I've only looked at that widthwise though, don't quote me on length.
Look again, head on facing them. There's a noticable difference. I thought it was bollocks too until someone showed me screenies, and then I went and looked for myself.

You're bigger in PA2. A LOT bigger.

XaNToR
31-08-03, 01:12
Originally posted by hivemind
Look again, head on facing them. There's a noticable difference. I thought it was bollocks too until someone showed me screenies, and then I went and looked for myself.

You're bigger in PA2. A LOT bigger.

NOT TRUE, PA2 is just blue, its a dark colour, so it seems bigger for u, and helps u to aim better.....

hivemind
31-08-03, 01:13
Man, do I gotta post the screenshots again? o_O

Hold on, I'll find them. Either Pitspawn or Parad0x posted them...

Here it is:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67456&perpage=15

Sleawer
31-08-03, 02:18
Hive, that screen is showing the "frame"; and to aim what really bothers is the hitbox. You cant see this last, only test it moving your crossair over the target, while imagine the size of the hitbox.

The frame is bigger, the hitbox remains the same; and the frame only shows when you target the hitbox.

Ryuben
31-08-03, 03:23
yeah but it looks bigger and in a OP war u don't want the attention of the first 3 apu's as you are the easiest to see. and in a duel heh u don't stack the deck agaisnt ur self.

Also u try it then u get a tank to fight u then get same tank to fight with pa on then pa2 see how u do :)

personal preferance

PA1 /dura 4 depending on enemy
inq boots dur 4 pants + helm

AMC3 Move-on PP marine

and i had my resists pretty much tweaked where yes i admit my AGL was over speced i think i had 105 agl then again i had over 90 ath (after imps), as the main thing in a fight is speed why are Pistol PE's so good, because they have speed, think about it why did tanks get runing speed cap on cannons, also whats the most hated creature in neo ? the dragon fly that small thing that moves fast and is a bitch to hit......hmmm.

Sleawer
31-08-03, 03:36
To be honest, in my tank I do not wear PA2 due the agility hit; not any other reason.

Marzola
31-08-03, 09:08
The target box may get biger, but how many shots do you think will hit if someone targets you in the corner? With the aiming on some weapons you have to keep steady aim on the target for some time to have the targeting reticle close enough for the shots to hit, and if your targeting someone in the corner the chances are you probably won't keep the person targeted for long.

The only way the biger target box can hurt a tank is when fighting APU's, but if an APU can't hit me when i'm not wearing PA the person can't be very good.

QuantumDelta
31-08-03, 13:17
It doesn't matter which part of the "box" you've targetted, it will only do damage, and have accuracy, based on;

The tightness of the reticle (Accuracy).
The amount of the burst(If burst is present) hit.
The AoE Burst clipping your enemy(CS Only really).
The hitbox segment you hit(head/chest/legs).

Even if you aim right in the corner of an enemy hitbox, with a fully closed reticle, or a somewhat closed reticle, you are just as likely to hit your enemy as you were before hand.

hell, I can hit an enemy now without even having to have the aim on them at the time (I'd say about 0.5 seconds after CS aim has come off it can still hit, maybe a little less than 0.5),

It's the same as firing the start of your burst before you move off the target, and moving off the target as soon as your burst has begun (this works, for those that don't understand this, or, how this games aiming dynamic works, please test it with a laser cannon, it's about 500% more obvious than with a plasma cannon).
*shrug*

hivemind
31-08-03, 19:55
Hive, that screen is showing the "frame"; and to aim what really bothers is the hitbox. You cant see this last, only test it moving your crossair over the target, while imagine the size of the hitbox.
I don't think there's a difference in this game. They're one and the same. Like QD said, as long as your reticle's closed on a tiny corner of that hitbox you'll do damage.

And even if that's not the case, youre reticle starts closing as soon as it gets inside that bracket, so bigger = worse.