PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a RP/Storyline Event

Spoon
29-08-03, 23:38
How about something along these lines:

City Admin and NCPD gets there Security System Computer hacked.
The Security System goes down for about 24 hours(in real and game time), till they(CA and NCPD) can get it back online.
Till they get the security system back on, all hell breaks loose.
IE; LE's no longer work, Safe Zones are nonexistant and the Copbots fail to report for work.
Only for 24 hours, though....

And to make it more interesting, run a article in the Neocronicle about it, and five or ten minutes after the Neocronicle gets put up on the website...poof...No LE's, No SafeZones and No Copbots for 24 hours...

Sound good?

MayhemMike
29-08-03, 23:41
lol. I don't think its probable.

mdares
29-08-03, 23:43
it sounds nice... but to implement that would be kinda tough; as said in other posts, i dont think GMs can alter zone status...

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 23:44
That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Spoon
29-08-03, 23:47
Originally posted by mdares
it sounds nice... but to implement that would be kinda tough; as said in other posts, i dont think GMs can alter zone status...

I'm wondering if they could alter it serverside without a patch, and yeah, I don't think GM's would be able to go around reset the zones....

Talios
29-08-03, 23:52
think it would be ultimatly noob pking and greating random pking. I dont think it would be faire to the people who revel in LE bliss or those 0/2 noobs who are KOS to everyone cos of their rank. I think this would just be a 24 hour vacation for some people.

Pill
29-08-03, 23:54
hell, servers will be empty until copbots start workin again :)

Forseti
29-08-03, 23:59
The switching from safezone to no safezone would require a patch. And then another one to switch it back.

Spoon
30-08-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Talios
think it would be ultimatly noob pking and greating random pking. I dont think it would be faire to the people who revel in LE bliss or those 0/2 noobs who are KOS to everyone cos of their rank. I think this would just be a 24 hour vacation for some people.

Yeah, I'm sure there would be a little bit of n00b killing, but people only have so much Soul Light to burn, the n00bs could ask for help and protection on their Faction Chat.
And the LE wearers, who don't cower in their apartment in fear, may actually learn to enjoy the thrill of "kill or be killed" and to watch your back at all times, there is fun in that....

It would be like Neptune for a day, and I know there's many people who would enjoy that....

Spoon
30-08-03, 00:04
Originally posted by Forseti
The switching from safezone to no safezone would require a patch. And then another one to switch it back.

ahhh, thanks....

Damn, so much for that idea....

Cypher_Psy
30-08-03, 00:06
Originally posted by Spoon
How about something along these lines:

IE; LE's no longer work, Safe Zones are nonexistant and the Copbots fail to report for work.
Only for 24 hours, though....

Sound good?

Sounds like you want Neptune for 24 Hours :D

Shadow Dancer
30-08-03, 00:11
Neptune for a Night.

Oooo I like that, that would be a good idea. Make a patch that is 2-3 days along that mimics Neptune, see how people react. :D

Heavyporker
30-08-03, 00:31
no, the city factions would just hire the whole CM base to come to NC and guard their rich asses...

I know I would hire about 5 CMs personally to watch my ass while I do business in the city.

so there :D

Alex Mars
30-08-03, 00:49
You have to wonder why some people are always looking for an excuse to kill defenseless new players...I guess they can't deal with a fair fight.

Heavyporker
30-08-03, 00:53
yeah, alex, that's why copbots and citymercs are there. not perfect, but its something.

Spoon
30-08-03, 00:59
Originally posted by Alex Mars
You have to wonder why some people are always looking for an excuse to kill defenseless new players...I guess they can't deal with a fair fight.

o_O

Are you saying I'm looking for an excuse to gank n00bs?
I haven't ganked a n00b since last November, when I killed a couple of CrackHeads n00bs in the aggy cellars, but their CrackHeads, so they don't count.....

I think you would be surprised at the level of restraint that many of the so called "ubAr PK'ers" have when it comes to ganking n00bs, even they know it hurts the game overall.....

SorkZmok
30-08-03, 01:13
this would end up in chaos.

total chaos.

i mean TOTAL CHAOS

and because of that it would totally suck. especially because 90% of the PKers are TG....

Spoon
30-08-03, 02:19
Originally posted by SorkZmok
this would end up in chaos.

total chaos.

i mean TOTAL CHAOS

and because of that it would totally suck. especially because 90% of the PKers are TG....

Yes, one mans chaos is another mans fun.......

And not all "PK'ers" are TG.
For example; Pluto has good "PvP'ers" in TG, TS, TT, CA and even Crahn Sect(sorry if I left anyone out), from what I've seen in the last two weeks there on Pluto....

TOTAL CHAOS for 24 hours?..mmmmm, sounds like fun to me....

Don't get me wrong, Sork, I respect your opinion, I just think it would be fun and interesting to have an event like this.
I think there's some people that would discover that they do have what it takes, to go without their LE for awhile and may actually enjoy the "thrill" of it.

Whiety Bulger
30-08-03, 04:06
Hey devs is there a patch that could add a sector status switch that would allow u to change from safe to none safe easier??