PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Plaza 1 again

Tratos
29-08-03, 22:36
Just so you know all you anti city folk who were bitching about the STORM raid in plaza earler 2day a bunch of TG troops have just ransacked the place, thought you might be happy

EDIT some screenies for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0095.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0096.JPG

~T

Kasumi
29-08-03, 22:40
Yea!! Go TG!^_^

Mingerroo
29-08-03, 22:43
Shame is people can't just enjoy the true RPG feel of the game they have to immediately come to the forums and bitch. They should wait a day at least to see how things pan out. I'm getting mighty sick of people bitching that KK dont take a hand in the game and then bitching when they get taken by surprise by the rpg events.

I mean its not like they just spawned random mobs in Plaza, there was a reason and it linked with the Neocronicle, I asked for stuff like this, for us to witness the events they write about in the NC and here it is :) Im pleased personally.

Tratos
29-08-03, 22:44
Hey if you mean me, im not bitching i loving these raids its AWSOME!! i cant wait for the next :D :D

~T

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 22:44
Awwwwwwwww man I missed that. That would have been so awesome.

WAY TO GO GMS!

Itth
29-08-03, 22:46
lmao, good thing i never log in theese days. lol

Pie'oh'pah
29-08-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Tratos
Just so you know all you anti city folk who were bitching about the STORM raid in plaza earler 2day a bunch of TG troops have just ransacked the place, thought you might be happy

EDIT some screenies for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0095.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0096.JPG

~T

Bah my piccy is better :P

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/Down%20with%20CA.jpg

Tratos
29-08-03, 22:48
LOL nice pic pie, i just posted thos in speed those are from when they first came bursting out of the subway, this is sooooo cool,

~T

EDIT: just heard the TG first struck OZ then filted in on the subway, so i hve heard anyway.

Helen Angilley
29-08-03, 22:52
Remember, it's only a dangerous, Cyberpunk and cut-throat world when you're warned about anything that will strike down the big bad people known as PK'ers....:lol:

Heheh. Hahah. Muahaha...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forseti
29-08-03, 22:59
The action was going on in OZ station, though it was short, a lot of pro-city runners were fighting off the TG guards overthere.

enablerbr
29-08-03, 23:01
going off in OZ. last time i checked OZ wasn't a safe zone. hmm.........

Tratos
29-08-03, 23:02
OH NO i died whilst AFK starting this thread but i dont CARE this is great, i have also noticed no one from the STORM raid thread has bin bitchin about this hmm..... YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW??

MORE OF THE SAME PLZ KK GREAT STUFF!

~T

Pie'oh'pah
29-08-03, 23:02
LOL nice pic pie, i just posted thos in speed those are from when they first came bursting out of the subway, this is sooooo cool,

~T

EDIT: just heard the TG first struck OZ then filted in on the subway, so i hve heard anyway.

LOL Just noticed my health - I musta got in the way 0.o

Marx
29-08-03, 23:05
OH NO i died whilst AFK starting this thread but i dont CARE this is great, i have also noticed no one from the STORM raid thread has bin bitchin about this hmm..... YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW??

Because those that died got their revenge with this raid, while those that might've been killed earlier have already had their fun.

Also, there was much more warning with this.

:D

Tratos
29-08-03, 23:11
lol i dont care if there was warning im just loving this random kick the shite out of ppl thing, its amazing

~T

and btw w00t 50 posts its no bigy but role on 100 hehe

im sad arnt i

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 23:12
Was never about getting a warning...was never about getting revenge..it was about someone not thinking about wtf theyre doing before they do it..

anyway TG guards are laughable..I don't see how this compares o.0

The best event would be to unlock the safeness of the zone mmm yummy.. :D

Darth Slayer
29-08-03, 23:16
Noooo My computer is still FUBAR well till tomorrow and all this goodness is happening without me....:eek:

Candaman
29-08-03, 23:18
Plaza 1 was nothing people should have been at Outzone Station people grouped well and took out the 40+ Tg guards that spawned there it was mayhem but as usual TG got their butts kicked damn fine event KK loved it

OTIS
29-08-03, 23:25
I didnt actually "participate" in the event. Details are kinda choppy to me. Anyone care to clear it up for me? Plz no bitching either i wanna know what happened and thats it.

Tratos
29-08-03, 23:27
I've just had an idea,

How about getting those NPC that were placed about the city to talk about these raids and get the story of them in a bit, them talking about the neocronicle offices is old news and id like to see some of the story linked to these raids in Plaza1

Hope to see this

~T

mdares
29-08-03, 23:35
i think a while ago storm bots killed all anti-CA in p1 as a story line GM event... people came to forums to complain because of no warnings or wutever; and so as compensation GMs spawned tg soldiers to p1 and killed people there...

/edit: i wasnt there; i'm still at lab :(

MayhemMike
29-08-03, 23:37
lol OTIS , On Pluto , Lots of TG Guards Invading Plaza 1 and outzone . It was Great .

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 23:41
Thread merged.

N

Judge
30-08-03, 00:25
I've just had an idea,

How about getting those NPC that were placed about the city to talk about these raids and get the story of them in a bit, them talking about the neocronicle offices is old news and id like to see some of the story linked to these raids in Plaza1

Hope to see this

~T

Yeah that would be cool :D

I wish that I could have been there for the event.

but as usual TG got their butts kicked

Ahahahahaha.... thats funny. Oh, wait. You were being serious.

:p

Syntax-Error
30-08-03, 02:27
No iam not too happy the thing i was unhappy about wont be changed by some TG guard spawning cos i didnt care about the event too much. i wasnt Involved. but still i have to say. i was there for the TG raid. and they hardly killed anyone cos they were too busy having to kill the CA guards. soon as that was done and CA runers started to get hurt the GM unspawned them.infact i only saw 2 deaths. and as for the outzone.. yeah real nice in a zone where you can fight back , and still STORM bots are so much harder than anything else.

Judge
30-08-03, 02:33
The plaza 1 event was hilarious.... loads of people who don't read the forums going WTF WTF. A few people accused hackers, and it was generally hilarious.

The OZ fight was another kettle of fish altogether. That ROCKED. That was so cool, TG were holding their own until about 5 clans started joining together and we were pushed back slowly to the OZ exit. I did kinda have the feeling that CA were meant to win the fight however as the elite storms were often spawned.... which was annoying as they are insanely hard.

It was great fun when the battle started to move outside.... using the terrain in nc is great, sniping from the hills, luring a few stupid tanks into an ambush (we only managed to kill one of the three tanks before their PPU showed up and we had to withdraw a little bit). Then launching counter attacks from jeriko swamping the single runners sent out to scout around.

Personally I think that it was one of the best events I have been in :D

KidWithStick
30-08-03, 02:33
the best parts was in the OZ station...big battle going on between pro city and anti city..

although i got pretty bad SL...

Birkoff
30-08-03, 02:36
w000t events...

OMG... DOY...

*looks around at everyone staring at him*

What.. what? i can dream can't i?

Parax
30-08-03, 03:33
great event imho, brought a lot of fun (especially the OZ STation Part)

http://www.confuzed-gamer.com/Parax/tg_attack.jpg
http://www.confuzed-gamer.com/Parax/tg_attack2.jpg

Mankind
30-08-03, 04:35
Not to sound like a complainer, but S.T.O.R.M. Bots are about 10x harder than TG guards. My tank didn't even get phased by TG guards when I was DRE a long time ago. But S.T.O.R.M. Bots? I go down in like 3 hits and they shoot super fast. It should have been Jonny 5's rolling into the plaza killing players and guards, not TG guards :)

KRIMINAL99
30-08-03, 05:00
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Remember, it's only a dangerous, Cyberpunk and cut-throat world when you're warned about anything that will strike down the big bad people known as PK'ers....:lol:

You know maybe people are just complaining about the fact that all this is happening in safe zones... Plus I don't see complaints limited to just pkers... So what exactly are you talking about?

IceStorm
30-08-03, 06:05
Shame is people can't just enjoy the true RPG feel of the game they have to immediately come to the forums and bitch. They should wait a day at least to see how things pan out.
There is no "RPG feel" when a GM spawns a ton of NPCs in a safezone. What is the playerbase going to do about it? They can't even defend themselves from the other players (resurrection), let alone the NPCs.

If it wasn't a safezone, then perhaps it would make sense, but it is so it doesn't. It didn't make sense the last time they did it, it doesn't make sense this time. Arbitrarily bombing a safezone to hell and back or putting faction-keyed guards into a safezone does nothing but piss off the playerbase.

You'd think they'd learn by now...

wolfwood
30-08-03, 06:20
i was on saturn, and it was insane in the oz station 40 runners vs 40 runners. Plus then there was the city admin gaurds and the tg gaurds constantly spawning, i got some good picks but i dont know how to post them.

and1guy
30-08-03, 07:43
Few shots of us pro city pwning the hell out of these scumbag TG's
http://www.myimgs.com/data/and1guy/shot1.JPG
http://www.myimgs.com/data/and1guy/shot2.JPG
http://www.myimgs.com/data/and1guy/shot3.JPG
MUAHAHAHA PWNED!!! :p :p :p :cool: :cool:

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 08:42
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
You know maybe people are just complaining about the fact that all this is happening in safe zones... Plus I don't see complaints limited to just pkers... So what exactly are you talking about?

My point is that if someone is going to screech about Neocron being a "badass, cut-throat Cybperpunk world" then they have no right to whine and bitch about Elite STORM Units being dispatched without any warning.

:rolleyes:

BlackDove
30-08-03, 09:02
Surprised nobody posted the STORM's piccies.

http://www.smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/blackdove/stormie.jpg

http://www.smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/blackdove/stormie2.jpg

http://www.smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/blackdove/stormie3.jpg

The Guards still remain at this point in tiime, the STORM's have been revoked - the guards kill any faction enemies.

Mingerroo
30-08-03, 14:06
The safe zones should be removed for events like this though... Like a GM message - "The infiltrators have just lowered the security barrier! Please do not draw weapons you will be fired upon"....

Then we can draw weps and defend ourselves but copbots WILL shoot you. :) Me likeys that idea.

Judge
30-08-03, 14:30
Yes callash is trying to get the devs to make it so that the safe zones can be taken down without a patch, so that he can just switch the zones on and off.... would have made this event alot more interesting in the plaza part. As I said before the OZ part ruled :D

•Super|\|ova•
30-08-03, 15:06
haha... :lol: this is SO pathetic. TG guards in plaza 1? they cant hurt anyone ffs. Dear GMs, try again harder one more time. Do it so that the pro-city ppl really die and we can hack their belts and rezzkill them in safezone. This just feels a cheap making up for the anti-city guys who lost ALOT of precious stuff. I sense a bit of favouring here...

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 15:08
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
haha... :lol: this is SO pathetic. TG guards in plaza 1? they cant hurt anyone ffs. Dear GMs, try again harder one more time. Do it so that the pro-city ppl really die and we can hack their belts and rezzkill them in safezone. This just feels a cheap making up for the anti-city guys who lost ALOT of precious stuff. I sense a bit of favouring here...

"Clitoris" was too lazy to strike escape of ALT + F4.

Why I don't condone rez-killing, it's absurd to complain about something brought about by sheer laziness.

VVerevvolf
30-08-03, 15:40
I agree that the safezone should be removed for those events. But then NO 1 can complain about getting killed, because you are playing a fucking ROLE PLAYING game, and when you think you are safe in a PRO CITY district as an ANTI CITY GUY, then you are dumb.
Why should the NCPD warn all runners they will clear plaza? That wouldn't make sense at all.

And rezzkilling should be worth a temp ban, atleast for 2 weeks.

cracky
30-08-03, 15:43
What if both sides kill you?

Tratos
30-08-03, 16:12
I agree it would be cool to get a lil thign saying security shut down or somthing, and say the copbots go 'offline' as the anti city arrive and say DROP THat weapnnn....... or somthing like that then they send in stormies to protect as anti city troops charge the area but the stormies dont arrive till the enemy has bin there a while and has killed a good few pro city folk, then when they do get there they concentrate on the anti city NPCs ( anti city gaurd then concentrate on killing stormies) and wait untill theyve killed them, and the mop up a few anti city runners who havnt fled since the stormies arrived, this way it gives time for you to RUN FOR IT b4 the stormies start kickin the shite out of ya.

Also how about makin what attacks the city i lil better cos TG gaurds are pretty sucky it took one 3 shots of a fusion rifle to down my ickle /27 spy o_O i mean come on, lol but the stormies will win as its in NEOCRON and so we have more back up where as the anti city only have the strike force they came with.

Whats everyone think??

id like comments on this idea

Cheers

~T

wolfus1
30-08-03, 16:39
awwww ffs i missed it again :( :(

Tratos
30-08-03, 16:45
What when did it happen again?

~T

PS Check out my idea :D :D im quite proud that somthing that good could come from someone as stupid as me :p :D :cool:

Mingerroo
30-08-03, 17:41
Originally posted by Judge
Yes callash is trying to get the devs to make it so that the safe zones can be taken down without a patch, so that he can just switch the zones on and off.... would have made this event alot more interesting in the plaza part. As I said before the OZ part ruled :D

*me imagines Callash accidentally leaving safe zones off over night....* *s******************* :lol:

[edit] and yes Tratos, I do like your reworking of the idea, I would love to see that the case :) And the problem with TG guards is their weapons do more damage over a larger range :O They shoulda sent DoY guards as well or something.