PDA

View Full Version : Would you move to a pvp server?

ClownBoat
29-08-03, 20:40
If a pvp server actually came out (forgot the name of the server) would you move to it?

Assume the server has:

slot #1 secure w/ both random #2-10 drop AND a hackable qb drop when killed.

guards do not KOS runners with low SL.

runners with low SL do not lose their entire inventory when killed.

no copbots in pp.

non lockable genreps or whatever (the way it used to be)

less CM/TG guards at their bases

only 1 character slot

Please vote and post your thoughts/ideas/whining/etc.

Drake6k
29-08-03, 20:47
Should have...
Old drop system, one quickbelt item.
No SL loss in leveling zones
No cops in PP
Clan war system!! Cops should still kill low SL runners but no extra drop ammount.
No safe zones

Keep in mind pvp server doesnt mean a server to pk tons of noobs and run around with -99 SL. Mainly would give neocron a more realistic feel and honestly increase roleplaying.

ClownBoat
29-08-03, 20:48
Don't the other servers do exactly that basically?

SorkZmok
29-08-03, 20:49
Don`t think so.
Not long ago i was waiting for a server like that, but now...nah.
It would suck. First of all: 1 slot = NO tradeskillers.
Also the scum of every servers would meet there. Spam and flames all the time on every channel. Only that would be enough to stop me from playing on that server, cause i`m just too nice. o_O
Heh, actually i would like em all to leave and be with their own on their own server :D .

/edit
But hey, when i think about it, i might start a hacking PPU on that server and collect tons and tons of guns and shit :p

alig
29-08-03, 21:00
If KK could make an exception for this particular 'server' where if u had +SL there could be NPC tradeskillers and only the ppl on green SL could get these NPC's to construct/research/poke/wot ever trade skills there are, these NPC's would do these things for money, THEN maybe i would join that server, its almost as bad on pluto now....."looking for resser" 20mins later....."looking for resser" 20mins more later....a resser turns up 'Buddy chat - RESSER IN PLAZA1!!!!!1111111oneone' "Runner X - w00000000t" its kind of bullshit, maybe kk should get a 'serious' thread going about this, maybe turning a server into this 'Neptune' as it was known.....and if succesful enuf on EACH server (say at LEAST 70% of the server had to agree with this idea) they could then take the other 30% of the people dis-agreeing with this and move them all to a different server (yes, it would take a hella lot of time but hey, there the ppl that are ment to do anything to please the customer after all.....)

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 21:15
No.

I really play NC for the monster hunting, although I will try PvP here at some point.

I don't think that MMORPG PvP games work well, with the exception of UO. There is too big a power gulf between old and young characters in NC that leads the game to be home to too many griefers and assholes.

When I want to play against another player I'll go for a traditional FPS game or PlanetSide, you don't have as many idiots or griefplayers because they can't take high level characters and PK newbs. Asshats and grief players don't like a level playing field and their abberent behaviour makes sure that they can't find a team to work with during big battles. Griefers and such do hack and cheat in FPS games, but you can always ban them (and circulate the ban list among the other servers) when you catch them.

PvP games are also better when you can't level up on monsters at all, that way there is no PvP advantage to camping monsters endlessly.

Mantus
29-08-03, 21:27
Perhaps when NC grows a bit it would be viable. At the moment it's not such a good idea.

At the moment a new server would thin out the populations of the existing servers and create. It would also be very hard to find a trade skiller anywhere. There would be no more running into plaza to get pokes. Plaza would be totaly deserted. Some like alig sugest NPC tradeskillers, i think thats a terrible idea. As it would alianate a whole group of people.

Dream
29-08-03, 21:34
yes

KRIMINAL99
30-08-03, 04:33
Originally posted by Drake6k
Should have...
Old drop system, one quickbelt item.
No SL loss in leveling zones
No cops in PP
Clan war system!! Cops should still kill low SL runners but no extra drop ammount.
No safe zones

Keep in mind pvp server doesnt mean a server to pk tons of noobs and run around with -99 SL. Mainly would give neocron a more realistic feel and honestly increase roleplaying.

Yeah i agree with this setup... If they still had a safe slot i would delete my account instantly and bomb KK lol. Anyways they have no buisness having this many carebear servers with no PVP server as it is... The game was all PVP and all the sudden switched to all carebear and lost like freaking 90% of its playerbase (that actually play the game anyway, many may still have accounts but cant bring themselves to play the boring sh anymore)

enablerbr
30-08-03, 06:12
i'm assuming by pvp server you refer to the dream which is neptune. i'm all for that. though if it ever happened. i want it to have NO MULE chars on it. so none of the current pluto nonsense of playing on a 1 char server. still using paid for mules.

that way people would have to look after tradeskillers on that server.

Mr Friendly
30-08-03, 07:25
its called Neptune.......and i REALLY doubt its even gonna be comin out by next summer :\

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 09:07
If a Server like this came out wouldn't you just leave it after people started using Street Rifles against you? o_O

VetteroX
30-08-03, 09:37
I would be up for a pvp server and any rusles, just as long as slot 1 is safe. I just simply will not stand for losing my only rare weapon (if i moved to a new sever it would be) and then be out of the game. I dont care if freaking 10 items drop every time, as long as I got slot 1 safe, yes id go to a server with no safezones, cops dont shoot low sl, etc etc.

Birkoff
30-08-03, 09:53
Yes i would, neptune woudl rule big time.

Dodgy dealings and the game would open up a totally new world and be what NC should be :)

Plus n00b MC5 woudl mean something maybe :)