PDA

View Full Version : Plaza 1 PLUTO WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUU*CK !!! o_O

\\Fényx//
29-08-03, 18:08
OK what the HELL is happening in plaza 1 on pluto, loads of ELITE STORMBOT unit's and CA guards just appeared and ownedall the anti city guys, no warnings AT ALL from what I can see, anyway time to go hack some belts ^^

:lol: :angel: :lol:

X452
29-08-03, 18:09
lol something like that is happening on saturn, iv only seen 1 guard so far though

Smugly
29-08-03, 18:10
Huzzah! Up Reza! Up City Administration!

[SP]Ostrich
29-08-03, 18:10
uranus too

Phlith
29-08-03, 18:17
uh.... owned

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 18:18
That was soooooooooo cool. :D

Whiety Bulger
29-08-03, 18:19
On saturn there have been city admin guards and rhinos surrounding TH for a whike now

Archeus
ahh crap I logged out in P1 o_O

enablerbr
\\Fényx// now thats a good idea. i'd like to see that sort of thing happen in say PP. a sudden strike force hitting the area to do a routine clear up / sting operation.

long as it has a RP event attached to it of course.

alig
29-08-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
On saturn there have been city admin guards and rhinos surrounding TH for a whike now

No. stormbots and CA guards stormed plaza 1 and killed all anti city faction runners which kinda sux as its a safe zone, if ur there, u got no choice but to die...

hinch
heh amusing if you get a fh 2 can i have it since you got mine :) or a marine cpu

SigmaDraconis
YEA BRILLIENT FUCKING IDEA

most people who go AFK do it in plaza one...including clitoris who was rez killed continiously by eXo and had all his belts hacked..

WAY TO GO MR GM

seriously that was the dumbest fucking shit ive seen...since...no its the dumbest shit ive seen period..

i was tabbed out posting on the forums..i died once but was rezzed and sheilded...by soem CA guy as im told by a clanny who was there...who i would like to thank very much ...

\\Fényx//
29-08-03, 18:24
Originally posted by enablerbr
\\Fényx// now thats a good idea. i'd like to see that sort of thing happen in say PP. a sudden strike force hitting the area to do a routine clear up / sting operation.

long as it has a RP event attached to it of course.

yea nice idea, shame there were NO WARNINGS before the event, instead one half way thru saying it wasnt the last o_O... now, plaza 1, safe zone, Clitoris was AFK in back of Medi. He is Crahn, however he was shot, and then rezzkilled ALOT as he was AFK and he's now prety much lost all his shit :mad: as was ''Executioner''

now cmon guys for fucks sake either give some warning ingame AND on forums or dont bother doing these events at all, great way to piss off the players... AFK in plaza 1 and he's lost all his shit because of it :mad:

Disturbed021
Originally posted by alig
No. stormbots and CA guards stormed plaza 1 and killed all anti city faction runners which kinda sux as its a safe zone, if ur there, u got no choice but to die...

LMAO, you guys are serious?! Thats f00kin kewl. Too bad I'm at work for another 7 hours :(

/edit I had no idea they didn't give a WARNING of some kind. K that is lame:mad:

Tratos
That was AWSOME i logged in and saw a QB infront of me and thought oh i'll hack that and BOOM i got all the noise and ran out to see it ALL it was fucking GREAT!!!!!

i HOPE it happens often in all sectors

CLEAR OUT THE ANTI CITY SCUM!!!!!

~T

enablerbr
29-08-03, 18:26
well as there was no warning. i'd have to agree it was a dumb thing to do.

SigmaDraconis
Yea this would be cool IF WE HAD ANYWHERE FUCKING ELSE TO GO...

Spoon
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That was soooooooooo cool. :D

Tell that to all the people who just lost stuff in their QB's and especially the ones that were getting killed then rezzed, and their belts hacked by pro city people....:rolleyes:

GM's come up with some dumbass shit sometimes..... :mad:

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 18:28
Originally posted by Spoon
Tell that to all the people who just lost stuff in their QB's and especially the ones that were getting killed then rezzed, and their belts hacked by pro city people....:rolleyes:

GM's come up with some dumbass shit sometimes..... :mad:

Ya I think most ppl were saying that it was a kewl IDEA, but not to give a WARNING was just MEAN:mad:

/edit and how come ppl were allowed to rezkill ppl there?
Wasn't a GM there watching the event?

Archeus
29-08-03, 18:28
all gone now it seems.

bit lame about the rez killing.

Rollback cost me a couple of hours work levelling and saved my life as I logged in at MB.

Nasher
29-08-03, 18:30
Well the zone IS owned by cityadmin, so any enemy of CA who thinks they are safe there (even if their AFK) is pretty dumb lol.

enablerbr
never know the GM's may later on have a load of anti-city guards raid plaza 1 to get revenge. :D

\\Fényx//
Close thread please, i think the point's gone across that this was a stupid illthought out event

Shadow Dancer
Actually i wouln't have cared if my char had died. But I can see how some people would be pissed. Some people might have had multiple rares on them, and afk on the lantern post or something.

Poor guys.

LTA
29-08-03, 18:31
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Ya I think most ppl were saying that it was a kewl IDEA, but not to give a WARNING was just MEAN:mad:

But why would ca shout PLAZA 1 RAID so all anti city can leg it..

Like doy incerating the plaza a while ago slight warnings but afkers suffered then.

i think it's good stuff can happen out of the blue and i would like to see more of it, adds a fear factor eventually...

Sorry to here about those who got severly battered and had losses...... but well sh!t happens.. and when stuff like that happened to me i was told stfu etc etc o_O

\\Fényx//
29-08-03, 18:36
Clitoris dropped his fire apoc, 5 slot barrel, most his armour, 4 other spell's all 3-5 slot.

LTA if that happened to you while you were afk while you nipped down the shop's for 10 minutes would you still have a smirk on your face ? i bloody doubt it...

Dream
29-08-03, 18:36
I guess KK had to step in when they realized city clans have nothing to say to most good anti-city clans hahaha (with the exception of the 50-clan merc alliance :rolleyes:)

enablerbr
29-08-03, 18:37
well what happened wouldn't have been all bad. if the safe-zone had been dropped for that period of time. there by those attacked could have faught back.

OTIS
Why is it stupid?? And plus look at the NeMa4 teaser. Just tell me why its dumb plz.

LTA
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Clitoris dropped his fire apoc, 5 slot barrel, most his armour, 4 other spell's all 3-5 slot.

LTA if that happened to you while you were afk while you nipped down the shop's for 10 minutes would you still have a smirk on your face ? i bloody doubt it...

Actually yeah... because i got incerated in the plaza while i was afk lost a large amount of stuff but got all of what NOTHING to replace it and ended back on the long rare hunt and the fact if i came here and said i lost my stuff i would get the "Stfu whining n00b wear j00r le!11 or serves you right for going afk!"

djskum
29-08-03, 18:38
If your gonna go AFK, log or go back to your appt. it's simple.

However I would have been pissed had I have lost stuff. A lesson to us all...

DjSKum

petek480
Originally posted by Nasher
Well the zone IS owned by cityadmin, so any enemy of CA who thinks they are safe there (even if their AFK) is pretty dumb lol.

Well they don't call it a safe zone for no reason. If it's a safe zone you would assume you would be safe there.

Opiate
Another brilliant well-thought idea from the GMs :rolleyes:

Geesh, where does KK find these people.

Didn't you guys learn from the last raid on plaza 1 that people tend to go afk ther because it's a friggin safe-zone

enablerbr
29-08-03, 18:39
Originally posted by OTIS
Why is it stupid?? And plus look at the NeMa4 teaser. Just tell me why its dumb plz.

maybe cause it was in a safe-zone so no fighting back. which makes it a bit like a capped player ganking some newbie in a sewer.

kurai
29-08-03, 18:40
Wow.

Which GM's alt in a City aligned faction got killed by a TG this morning, leaving them all pissy and spiteful ? :D

Anyway - humour aside ...

Fucked up idea, with fucked up implementation, with fucked up communication.

In summary - a fuck up. Way to go.

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 18:45
How long has this game been out? How long has P1 been a safezone? How long have ppl been trading/tradeskilling in P1 without getting ganked? How long have ppl been going AFK there without any problems? ALWAYS and FOREVER.

Point being, everyone knows that it is a safezone, therefore, you are safe.
To just let loose Stormbots and kill all anti-city ppl without a warning INGAME is f00kin stupid. I'm glad I wasn't there to get ganked I would so be pissed :mad: Hell I am pissed and I wasn't even there.

lullysing
29-08-03, 18:46
Yeah. Now that i have my character logged off last nigfht there after having stupidly died.... no implants on, no armor on... no nothing. makes me REALLY want to log in, really.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 18:46
Damn, you guys are being harsh on the GMs. :(

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 18:47

Dude was there any kind of WARNING INGAME?
If not than they deserve to get slapped.:mad:

kurai
29-08-03, 18:48
Damn, you guys are being harsh on the GMs. :( Yes. They deserve it for that. Your point being ?

Dream
29-08-03, 18:49

Honestly. Everyone asks for storyline, this is part of the storyline.

Reeza is getting pissed, so she ordered a little anti-CA faction extermination in the busiest place in Neocron City...why? To send a message to anti-city factions that they should start relocating because they aren't wanted.

Makes sense to me.

G.0.D.
29-08-03, 18:51
This stuff about it sucking is uncalled for... the attack was part of the story and im sure we will learn more about the cityadmins plans to remove anti city runners from its city

enablerbr
Dream yeah it's fine as long as there is some form of storyline event with it. maybe a little warning of whats about to unfold. yet as stated by those involved there. there was none.

Shadow Dancer
Originally posted by Dream

Reeza is getting pissed, so she ordered a little anti-CA faction extermination in the busiest place in Neocron City...why? To send a message to anti-city factions that they should start relocating because they aren't wanted.

Makes sense to me.

I agree.

SigmaDraconis
yea its RP thats about it..they knew ppl were AFK...they knew this shit would happen...and KK just fucked several people...

juvestar15
For starters, it was a raid on Plaza.
Last time i check CA owned plaza. They basically raided their own city. :lol:
Adding to that, the fact that you couldn't fight back.

It's like soldiers raiding a concentration camp that they own. Seriously retarded.

I have 3 of Exectioners things and 2 of clits. I forgot to give you Exe's Fen.

Darkborg
29-08-03, 18:52
seriusly someone must have screwed up bad here spawning storms and shit in a safe zone with no warning.
multiple Rezz killing off persons that was afk in a safe zone sounds DAMN like an exploit too me. but hey it isnt their fault its a its someone who apparantly cant think straight.
ooh and Nidd im'a just going to do this for u;) because i really feel this needs to be said about this [violation of the forum rules blah blah blah] :p

there now i've got that out i would just like to say that i feel with clitoris.
i reeealllly hope that whoever implemented this ok if a bit drastic idea in a safezone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: without warning, is out there beign REAAAALLLLY helpfull to persons who were hit by this.
(and yes i mean helpfull as in spawn stuff )

Sry for the rant guys this just hit a nerve

juvestar15
29-08-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Darkborg

i reeealllly hope that whoever implemented this ok if a bit drastic idea in a safezone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: without warning, is out there beign REAAAALLLLY helpfull to persons who were hit by this.
(and yes i mean helpfull as in spawn stuff )

Oh like when we lost days of work on Uranus. They had this cool event. 5 boxes scattered over whole map, placed in OP sectors. In each box was a lvl 3 imp. w00t w00t. Create way to compensate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Genty
"Hey everyone, CA will be doing a surprise raid on Plaza 1 and killing all of anti-city on site so if you don't want to get killed get out now"

"PS: don't tell the anti-city people please, thank you"

^ Pro-City Faction chat message :D

Dream
Originally posted by juvestar15
For starters, it was a raid on Plaza.
Last time i check CA owned plaza. They basically raided their own city. :lol:
Adding to that, the fact that you couldn't fight back.

It's like soldiers raiding a concentration camp that they own. Seriously retarded.

I have 3 of Exectioners things and 2 of clits. I forgot to give you Exe's Fen.

So when the NYPD raids a drug house in New York City its retarded because they are raiding thier own city, even though they are ridding the city of people they don't want in it?

Nice call buddy :rolleyes:

enablerbr
29-08-03, 18:56
So when the NCPD raids a drug house in New York City its retarded because they are raiding thier own city, even though they are ridding the city of people they don't want in it?

least those drug dealers get to shoot back.:D

Darkborg
29-08-03, 18:58
no seriusly this isnt a rollback players exploited people with this and others got seriusly hurt by this i know if i lost all main "work" rares id be REALLY Pissed off as well. point is they got really FUCKED hey loosing 1 is ok loosing all of it is just damn fucked up there should at least have been a GM there to prevent that type of exploiting.

P4mp3rk3
29-08-03, 19:00
hahahaha, funnay!!!

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 19:01
So when the NYPD raids a drug house in New York City its retarded because they are raiding thier own city, even though they are ridding the city of people they don't want in it?

you cant exactly go AFK from real life either...

Genty
29-08-03, 19:02
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
you cant exactly go AFK from real life either...

sleep...or coma....

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:03

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me to and I think it is great that they are following the storyline, however, not giving a warning INGAME was uncalled for.
Letting the pro-city ppl rezkill anti-city ppl is uncalled for.

Would it have been so hard to throw in a:

"This is CA, we have reports that anti-city terrorists are within the city limits. Please try to remain calm people, we will be dispatching our elite Stormbots soon enough to rid the city of all the terrosist scum! Thank you and have a nice day"

That way you at least have an idea of whats going on.

juvestar15
29-08-03, 19:03

Explain to me how that works.

No where has it ever been said that Plaza 1 is not a safe zone. They have also never said it was illegal, where as drug dealing is.

How the fuck you compared that too RL is beyond me.

Idiot. :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
29-08-03, 19:04
Its time to get the scum out of our City!

Go Reza, go ppl.

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 19:05
Originally posted by Genty
sleep...or coma....

When yur sleeping and someone raids your house..youll know before its too late to get away...trust me on this..I have a bit of experience in the situation.

[EDIT @ dream] Also judging by your example..does this mean..if i PK a CA runner..and the next day am in my apartment..i can expect a GM to spawn a squad of copbots? k thx

Spoon
29-08-03, 19:13
I find it pretty ironic that when PK'ers come and kill people at one of the GM's RP carebearfests, the GM's get pissed and warp them to places unknown or whatever..
Then turn around and have an "event" where half the people die, without warning in the name of RP'ing....

ohhh, that's some good RolePlaying.......:rolleyes:

JustIn_Case
29-08-03, 19:13
Well MB gets raided every day without any warning.....
Aggie Cellers gets raided every day without any warning.....

So the fact that there was no warning is just fine. The problem was thoose who was AFK and got rezzkilled. Rezzkilling someone you know is AFK is really low...They changed so that you cant DMG boost in safe zones, why didnt they change so that you cant ressurect either....

1. No Warning = Good.
2. Rezzkill AFK peps = Low.

I think it was an really cool event that follows the story line, but they should have had some GMs watching out for Rezz activities...

Opiate
29-08-03, 19:14
"This is CA, we have reports that anti-city terrorists are within the city limits. Please try to remain calm people, we will be dispatching our elite Stormbots soon enough to rid the city of all the terrosist scum! Thank you and have a nice day"

Why can't those brilliant GMs from KK come up with something simple, yet effective as this?

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 19:14
its not about warning really..its the fact that its a fucking safe zone......even tho AFK people still die..the assholes rezzkilling woudl be owned severly..

not to mention that in aggie cellers and MB are NOT safe zones therefore should expect to be raided...

For the sake of RP? ok then..Crahn Sect owns TH...we want it..give it to us...weve taken and held it several times. Oh wait...RP only matters when the GM's do it?

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:15
Originally posted by JustIn_Case

By GMs spawing Stormbots? no I didn't think so.

enablerbr
now if this had gone down for what happened. all would be fine.

over pro-city faction channel: " city admin will soon be enforcing an anti-city curfew. there fore all pro-city factions should remain calm."

over anti-city faction channels: " be advised are spies tell us that the city-admin will be enforcing a anti-city curfew. so all anti-city factions should make there exit from xx zone straight away."

now that would have been a better way of handling the farce.

Spoon
Originally posted by JustIn_Case

Yes, but, you can fight back in those places, and most sensible people don't go AFK there....

Phlith
29-08-03, 19:17
Just curious, does anyone have some screenshots of this happening? I was at school when I saw this and it makes me wish I had just stayed home today... >:|

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 19:21
Oh man. I don't like Clitoris as a player at all but I got to say I'm getting pissed off because what happened to him. It is not... how can you even... GAAAAHHHH!!!! What the hell were you thinking?

Oh and who ever compares this event and the plaza bombing, there's a big different; in that event EVERYONE died there, in this event only anti-city faction members.

And for that "who is stupid enough to go afk in p1 if ur anti-city faction lol omg"-shit; umm... isn't it stupidity to even think something like that? let me answer... YES. The reasons; everyone have known it is SAFE there and as KK has informed the anti-city faction members will be shot down inside the city WHEN THE DOY IS OUT (and as far as I know it isn't). If there even was a bit of storyline in then the GM's must care more about a minor part of storyline than the players. Face it, most of the players are really often pissed to this game and a major loss in this kind of event might just make them do the final decision to cancel their accounts. I just can't see a much of an event in killing bunch of players in safezone just to let their enemies rezzkill and hack their belts for free...

Well, everyone who got killed in that event and lost some 5 slot artifact CS, 5 slot artifact HL, 5 slot artifact PE and Dimenson Splitter... don't worry. Just mail KK staff and you MAYBE get 100k :rolleyes: Yay!

Tratos
29-08-03, 19:24
Just some screenys for those who missed it, they arnt to good, but you get the picture.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0069.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0074.JPG

Enjoy

~T

Phlith
29-08-03, 19:27
Makes me glad i have bad soullight right now, since i can't even go into plaza :/ but that was just ouch since atleast you can kill the damn guards...

Mighty Max
29-08-03, 19:27
YOU TERROR THE CITY ... DONT WONDER IF YOU DIE!

Like Saddam Hussein going around in the streets of Bagdad and beeing surprised by the US-Troops ...

juvestar15
29-08-03, 19:29
Originally posted by Mighty Max

Like Saddam Hussein going around in the streets of Bagdad and beeing surprised by the US-Troops ...

wtf is wrong with you people?
Plaza is like an OOC zone. It was never meant for combat. It's written in stone that it's a safe zone until DOY is out.

And FFS Saddam Hussein could shoot back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:31

MM stfu, this a game please leave the RW outta this.

Phlith
29-08-03, 19:32
especially since neocron's better anyway

Omni X
29-08-03, 19:33
Ouch! Great idea, but the no warning part is not right. I am new here(not really, I just never post), but all I can say to the GM's is if you are gonna do an RP event, then DO IT RIGHT! Have info leading up to it, give hints as to what might occur and have a story behind it. Don't just spawn some NPC's and kill people "cause you felt like it". :rolleyes:

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:37
Originally posted by Omni X
Ouch! Great idea, but the no warning part is not right. I am new here(not really, I just never post), but all I can say to the GM's is if you are gonna do an RP event, then DO IT RIGHT! Have info leading up to it, give hints as to what might occur and have a story behind it. Don't just spawn some NPC's and kill people "cause you felt like it". :rolleyes:

Ya, there was hints in Nema and stuff, but none INGAME that I'm aware of.
Most ppl were under the impression that this wouldn't happen until DoY.
*shrug* oh well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if those ppl in P1 afk that were rezkilled cancel their accounts today. I know I would. Its just careless for kk to do that event in P1 w/o a warning. My GOD they are lame :mad:

Mighty Max
29-08-03, 19:37
Plaza is like an OOC zone. It was never meant for combat. It's written in stone that it's a safe zone until DOY is out

Why, because you say so ?

There have been several statements and already some events (i.e. that one you dont want to hear - the rocket attack)

And no. When FA is in war with CA, both sides have to expect raids.

btw. i wonder that espacially those factions complainin that plaza is a warzone now complaining beeing killed because its writtzen in stone that plaza is a safezone

SO

DEAL WITH IT

Rieper
29-08-03, 19:38
sometimes GM bashing is unjustified, this time they made a fucking stupid error.... in the plaza bombing everyone died.. and rezzkilling wasnt possible..

and that was the first time... you'd thought they might hve learnt....

joran420
29-08-03, 19:41
yeah its a bummer....the res kill in safezone is ridiculous....but upon thinking about it...even if theyd given warning afk ppl wouldve still died.

That sucks bad for clit though....

exo cant touch us when we at keyboard so they wait till we afk in safezone...nice move guys

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:42

There have been several statements and already some events (i.e. that one you dont want to hear - the rocket attack)

btw. i wonder that espacially those factions complainin that plaza is a warzone now complaining beeing killed because its writtzen in stone that plaza is a safezone

SO

DEAL WITH IT

:rolleyes: Dude, stfu. P1 has always been a safezone as long as I have been playing the game. Please point me to where it says that anticity factions will be killed starting on this day?

Only reason you're not pissed is cause you are procity.

They better throw in a shitload of TG guards in P1 and let the anticity factions know so ppl can rezkill you and steal your qbs.

GT_Rince
29-08-03, 19:42
Originally posted by Opiate
Another brilliant well-thought idea from the GMs :rolleyes:

Geesh, where does KK find these people.

Didn't you guys learn from the last raid on plaza 1 that people tend to go afk ther because it's a friggin safe-zone

Couldn't agree more Opi - that stinks :mad:

Rai Wong
29-08-03, 19:43
its a perfectly okay event, how are we going to make any progress if players complain everytime something major happens. I always find it weird how do terrorist and crahn get to stay in the beloved city of neocron anyway. It makes no sense. How many times have cityadmin killed? like once in the whole freaking game of a year.....

cityadmin is going to kill much more, and murder is not exatcly something you should see coming. Just think of being ganked by high level dudes...and your the newbie, now you know how it feels so you tsunami neb-pks won't go hunting newbies again piece of shit.

and just from now on don't go afk in a enemy faction zone and you won't fall into any of thse problems again.

and it does say "this is a copbot watched area"

it doesn't say "this is a very very very very safe area where terrorists can hide"

juvestar15

SO

DEAL WITH IT

Ok by reading your post everyone is to assume idling in a safe zone will get you rez killed and all your items hacked?

That answers some of your statements. The rest i can't make any sense of.

Tratos
When was this rocket attack? anyone got screenies?

and if your looking for explanation of the raid check out the new neocronicle.

~T

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:44
Originally posted by joran420
yeah its a bummer....the res kill in safezone is ridiculous....but upon thinking about it...even if theyd given warning afk ppl wouldve still died.

True. But than again kk should know that ppl tend to go afk in safezones. Cause they are supposed to be SAFE:rolleyes:

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 19:45
I'd have to say the the GMs know that they fucked up because mods are avoiding this thread.

joran420
29-08-03, 19:45
I think for the next event just make plaza not a safe zone and let the killing happen on its own...least then u can defend

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 19:47
Originally posted by Rai Wong
Just think of being ganked by high level dudes...and your the newbie, now you know how it feels so you tsunami neb-pks won't go hunting newbies again piece of shit.

Sorry I don't play a game to get Ganked by GM spawned bots that I can't fight cause I'm in a safezone w/o WARNING INGAME.
Did I mention that they should have given a WARNING INGAME?

Spy<VS>Spy
well i'm not gona bash the GM's...i mean...hey, they did...something, granted it was a spawn, which is like...the most minimal amount of effort a GM can do, is spawn things.

but yeah. safe zones are safe zones, untill DOY says otherwise. as it is the city admin guards are 'highly' agressive outside CA...which can be a rude surprise for any slow moving newb such as black dragon or whatever needing to visit plaza 4

and again, it was highly abused, as clitoris example shows, an on duty GM should have saw that and put a stop to it.

Rai Wong
bitching at gms will do nothing but to end up with them not doing anything to proceed the game story. This is exatcly why no MMORPG has any story, something happens and you get a bunch of flamers threatening..

enablerbr
29-08-03, 19:51
seems the new neocronile mentions the raids. i can only assume more nonsense to come. stay tuned.

Itth
29-08-03, 19:52
ffs stfu whiners.

im gonna go to TG hq and go afk, and u better hope ill stay alive..

ok thats a crap argument but u get the point, i bet anti city scum wont spend so much time inside teh nc city gates.

in the nc log in..

what is plaza? safe

what is viarosso?secure

so if u dont wanna get pawned by ca, go afk in viarosso, damn n00b.

(my main is BD, btw.)

Ixholla
29-08-03, 19:53
Oh My Hell....

You guys bitch when they don't do something and bitch when
they don't.

:/

Mighty Max
29-08-03, 19:54
lol

*removed other text as it was mainly flame*

MightyMax, the Carebear :p

:edit: Dont carry expensive stuff when you enter an enemy hq/city ... may be valid for all factions :lol:

Tratos
29-08-03, 19:55
OHHH looky hear i found an INGAME WARNING

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/warning.JPG

Its a warning rite? and its INGAME? rite?

that makes it an ingame warning.

LIVE WITH IT

~T

Phiberdelic
29-08-03, 19:59
jesus christ...
is it like the day to bitch at KK for everything???

You wonder why the RP is dieing from the game, cuz your killing it. Roll with it! Get into faction and make something exciting up or plot revenge, ect... Discuss it with your councellor to come up with some kewl storyline info.

I wonder how many of you complaining here are the unkillable type Tanx or Monx... ONOS you died, big deal, happens to me all the time, kinda second nature as a Spy. Just works this into some sort of played out scenario.

{edit}and yes I am anti-city...

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Tratos
OHHH looky hear i found an INGAME WARNING

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/warning.JPG

Its a warning rite? and its INGAME? rite?

that makes it an ingame warning.

LIVE WITH IT

~T

:rolleyes: Don't the CA say that to anyone with negative Faction Symp or enemies? I've had them say that to me before and not been ganked.

Whatever, most ppl consider this a fuckup on kks part, except those procity ppls that like seeing unfair treatment of anticity ppls.

SorkZmok
29-08-03, 20:00
Oh like when we lost days of work on Uranus. They had this cool event. 5 boxes scattered over whole map, placed in OP sectors. In each box was a lvl 3 imp. w00t w00t. Create way to compensate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, in each box were several TL 150 tools, lots of rare imps, exp. bone sets and more shit.

But still it kinda sucked. o_O

About this thread...totally missed that "event" and i dont feel unhappy.

/edit:

And EVERYONE who says "Haha, getting rezkilled in P1 is your own fault when you go AFK, you n00b!" is a fucking lying asshole cause i fucking BET that everyone does that from time to time.

Sorry, had to swear, such shit makes me fucking angry. :D :D

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 20:03
Yeah, killing AFK characters in a safe zone and letting other players loot them make such a good story. You know that all the people posting about how this was a good event would be screaming like little girls if it happened to them.

Well, one good thing is that NC continues to give me things to write about, look for an article about this latest NC blunder on the P2P front page later today.

Tratos
29-08-03, 20:04
:rolleyes: Don't the CA say that to anyone with negative Faction Symp or enemies? I've had them say that to me before and not been ganked.

Whatever, most ppl consider this a fuckup on kks part, except those procity ppls that like seeing unfair treatment of anticity ppls.

Well its still an warning thats in game, so its an in game warning.

~T

Marx
29-08-03, 20:04
You wonder why the RP is dieing from the game, cuz your killing it. Roll with it! Get into faction and make something exciting up or plot revenge, ect... Discuss it with your councellor to come up with some kewl storyline info.

Well, they won't be able to get revenge in plaza 1

:rolleyes:

The point here is this. Plaza 1 is a safe zone, most people idle there because its safe, and fairly well known for... well... sitting there and idling. Hence why it was the target.

This coupled with the rollback leads me to beleive that it was a nice touch on KK's part. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a nefarious thing to do.

Whatever, most ppl consider this a fuckup on kks part, except those procity ppls that like seeing unfair treatment of anticity ppls

True.

Though it was entertaining, it just points out that there are alot of assholes ingame.

:rolleyes:

Shakari
29-08-03, 20:06
Plaza is like an OOC zone. It was never meant for combat. It's written in stone that it's a safe zone until DOY is out.

written in stone lol no i didn't think so hehe and well its still a safe zone, no one can use guns there :)

but now maybe ppl will not go afk as much :) for better or worse

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Tratos
Well its still an warning thats in game, so its an in game warning.

~T

lol, ya great warning. :rolleyes:
Most ppl would've been saying "lol, ok who pissed them off?" not oh fuck ima die if I don't leave.

Imo they should have announced something, or killed everyone there to be fair.
Its kinda hard to get killed while trying to run away and not be able to go back and get you QB cause its a safezone where you cant defend yourself.

So, basically what just happened was kk thought that the Procity ppl needed to sharpen up their hacking skills and gave them a bunch of belts.:wtf: I still think its lame as all hell.

/edit don't know if it is/was possible but what about turning it into a warzone so ppl wouldn't have dropped qbs and could have busted out their weapons? Kinda lame they tie your hands behind your back and shoot you.

Omni X
29-08-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Rai Wong
bitching at gms will do nothing but to end up with them not doing anything to proceed the game story. This is exatcly why no MMORPG has any story, something happens and you get a bunch of flamers threatening..

Hmm, as I recall, Asheron's Call has a GREAT story. They would have the monthly events and lead up to things with world messages and hints and such, so people would have a chance to know. As I said in my above post, if they are gonna do an event, then DO IT RIGHT. If not, then most would say don't even bother. Doing it right does not entail that much more effort really.

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 20:20
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

written in stone lol no i didn't think so hehe and well its still a safe zone, no one can use guns there

but now maybe ppl will not go afk as much for better or worse

Oh, it isn't written in stone, huh? How about an official name for that sector named by KK itself ---> SAFEZONE!!!

And since Tratos came up with brilliant diagnosis with the ingame warning-concept I think I give myself a try too. Ok. Here it goes... lets start with the word ZONE. Ok. Seems like a word with a O in it. Suspicious... well lets just accpet the word ZONE in it's familiar meaning. Then the word SAFE. Somehow it makes an impression of a space or state of mind that you can not be harmed in any way. With these two words combined it becomes a SAFEZONE, the space or state of mind that you can not be harmed in any way becomes alive in a concept of a certain area that will be safe in. Enough said?

Glok
29-08-03, 20:20
Anyone know if FA runners were being shot? They are still neutral or no?

Scikar
29-08-03, 20:21
Raiding plaza with no warning? Yes that's fair enough.

Allowing people to rez kill AFKers? Fuck that. There were GMs at the Saturn one, I'm pretty sure of that because other members of my clan were there and saying over team speak that some of the guards were being despawned by GMs.

If there was a GM there, they should have teleported the AFkers to their apartments. I have no problem with the rest of the event, but allowing rez killing like that is just fucked up.

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:24
While the event was .. ok though i strong disagree with it.. what REALLY PISSES ME OFF is the fact that after TG raided CA HQ. sure im for that it makes sence. but then some whiny CA guys complained and the GMs spawed 3 STORM bots. THIS IS BS. FA get screwed daily and we dont get so much as a spiderbot .. WTF favouritism or what!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dribble Joy
29-08-03, 20:26
Hehehehehehe Funn3h shit.

Read about it here, logged in and Chess gave me 500k to do all his imps :p

AFKers? well.... the whole safe zone argument is a bunch of arse, there is no-where safe, that's the point in this game. Other than that..... well yeah it kinda sucks. No resing in 'Safe-zones'?

YOU ARE NEVER SAFE!!!!

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:29
how about we re-name safe zones to "safe unless KK decide to spawn mobs or fire rockets at you while your AFK" zones?

Psychoninja
29-08-03, 20:30
Well I'm glad this happened while I was asleep.
Just Checked plaza and it was safe, I better start moving my crap out. I really wish TG got bigger apts. Do you know howmuch crap I need to move out now? o_O

Mighty Max
29-08-03, 20:33
Hmm, as I recall, Asheron's Call has a GREAT story. They would have the monthly events and lead up to things with world messages and hints and such, so people would have a chance to know. As I said in my above post, if they are gonna do an event, then DO IT RIGHT. If not, then most would say don't even bother. Doing it right does not entail that much more effort really.

Yes, i played AC too, 2 years.

Ive seen several events where GMS gone on rampage on nPK players. As for one and the biggest example: when Ba'aelzharon went other Dereth and the water was colored deep red.

Glok
29-08-03, 20:33
@Psycho
Yeah, I just spent 2 hours moving all my shit to TH on the off chance FA and CA go hostile. I would really rather stay neutral though, thus my above question.

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 20:34
AFKers? well.... the whole safe zone argument is a bunch of arse, there is no-where safe, that's the point in this game.

Actually, that is a rather clumsy lie on your part, anywhere you can't fight is supposed to be a safe zone.

The only thing that is "funn3h" is how you would be throwing a tantrum and whining like a 5 year old if your character had been among those res-killed and looted.

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:35
No they rnt shoot yet. but look at nema 4. copbots at TH.. nice..

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 20:37
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Actually, that is a rather clumsy lie on your part, anywhere you can't fight is supposed to be a safe zone.

The only thing that is "funn3h" is how you would be throwing a tantrum and whining like a 5 year old if your character had been among those res-killed and looted.

Exactly.
We'll see. I certainly hope that P1 gets f00kin ran over by DoY bots or something w/o warning soon, then we'll see how funny they think it is.

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:38
i can tell u now. if i was ress killed and KK offered me the 100k i would be gone from this game so fast!

Psychoninja
29-08-03, 20:39
Exactly.
We'll see. I certainly hope that P1 gets f00kin ran over by DoY bots or something w/o warning soon, then we'll see how funny they think it is.

More missles would be nice, except no warning this time :rolleyes:

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:40
yeah i like it. CA guna get hurt theres lots of warning.. cant have the GMs favourits getting hurt without warning

Tratos
29-08-03, 20:43
Can somone plz explain to me WHEN this missle attack was? and if anyone has any pics of it post plz id like to see it,

Cheers

~T

Shockwave
29-08-03, 20:48
Christ on a bike, there are some REAL whingers here!

Ok. It's been made perfectly clear that anti city factions will soon be KoS in the City. This event is obviously part of the lead-up to it. It was a *surprise* raid on Plaza 1 to clear it of hostiles. *SURPRISE*. This implies *no warning*. As someone said, do the NYPC politely tap on the door of a drugs warehouse and tell them they're going to raid them in 30 minutes? No. Ok, so you couldn't draw a gun and fight back (for all the good that would have done you). There are a pair of perfectly good GRs in the Medicare! Wasn't the STORMbots and security guys a bit of a hint to *leave*? You're enemy factions, ffs! WHat the hell are you doing in the city anyway? Try congregating in the TG Canyons or something!

Yes, the Rezkilling of Clit was low. Unfortunately, this game is full or bastards (This is why I wear an LE at level 57/68), and there will always be SOMEONE willing to screw you over. I direct people to the "anti-carebare" arguements saying NC is a nasty, grim, Cyberpunk world. This is an example of that. Don't make the assumption you're safe anywhere.

Kudos to the GMs for keeping the plot moving along.

Shock.

Edit:

Exactly.
You never know, it may well happen. And if I'm there I'll be the person at the head of the group pegging it for a zone line or a GR.

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 20:53
Right so we cant assume were safe in a safe zone. so then. we cant usume anything is true . how about STFU rename the zone to "maybe safe" and then u can go on.

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Shockwave
Christ on a bike, there are some REAL whingers here!

Ok. It's been made perfectly clear that anti city factions will soon be KoS in the City. This event is obviously part of the lead-up to it. It was a *surprise* raid on Plaza 1 to clear it of hostiles. *SURPRISE*. This implies *no warning*. As someone said, do the NYPC politely tap on the door of a drugs warehouse and tell them they're going to raid them in 30 minutes? No. Ok, so you couldn't draw a gun and fight back (for all the good that would have done you). There are a pair of perfectly good GRs in the Medicare! Wasn't the STORMbots and security guys a bit of a hint to *leave*? You're enemy factions, ffs! WHat the hell are you doing in the city anyway? Try congregating in the TG Canyons or something!

Yes, the Rezkilling of Clit was low. Unfortunately, this game is full or bastards (This is why I wear an LE at level 57/68), and there will always be SOMEONE willing to screw you over. I direct people to the "anti-carebare" arguements saying NC is a nasty, grim, Cyberpunk world. This is an example of that. Don't make the assumption you're safe anywhere.

Kudos to the GMs for keeping the plot moving along.

Shock.

I agree with all you say but the no warning thing.
I'm not saying they should say "oh BTW anticity folk we will be raiding P1 in 10 minutes so you should GR to your apts now".

I'm just saying they should have said something kinda hinting that they would be doing a raid sometime soon:

Whats so wrong about saying that to everyone like 2-3 minutes b4 releasing the Stormbots? It follows the storyline and lets ppl know they should be some what aware.

/edit TBH, I am just pissed about the no warning thing the first time they do a raid so everyone was caught off guard and some paid the ultimate price by being afk and rezkilled multiple times losing all their stuff....I think the fact that they are finally starting to raid Plaza and start moving the story is awesome and hope they continue to develop the story by raiding Plaza more often and have DoY missles hit the city, etc...

Frotto
29-08-03, 21:00
Ok... a couple of my pennies on the subject. I wasnt afk or even online when ever this took place, but it seems like the only people bitching about the event are the anti city people, and the only people praising the event are people who were either uneffected by the event or benifited greatly by the event. So each party seems a little bias in their opinions of the event.

People comairing this to rl events are dumb as this is a game and not rl.... not related to rl in anyway, will never be related to rl. So chill with the RL Comparrisons.

Rez killing under those circumstances are cheap and lame. They also indicate how desperate the pro city clans are to actually being able to beat the anti city clans. "Lets jack his shit now cause he'll kick our ass later" etc etc. Its as cheap of a tactic as say... stealth turrent dropping or deliberatly waiting for another clan to log completely off then taking all their ops... These are cheap and cowardice acts but they do tend to happen.

ANTI CITY Clans you have been informed that we wont be allowed in the inner city after DOY arrives (if ever) so it would be wise if you stop the bad habits of relying on the pro city people for pokes and the comfort of plaza to shield yourself from danger. This is not our home and we are being removed, I expected that they would gradually remove us from the inner city so me and most of my coluges have alredy begun steps to make sure that we arent caught off guard (moving out of our innercity apts, relying on clannies and faction members for cst/res/pokes, etc etc) I would advise you to do the same.

This roll back cost me a good hour of researching and then loading my gogo down with chems so that i could build some stuff later today. But that is the extent of how this affected my char.

Quit whining, you got your roll back, the gms should have warned you atleast 1 minute ahead of time, and you shouldnt be going afk for an extened ammount of time anyways, it causes more traffic on the server than is necessary. If you are going to be gone for more than like 5 min LOG OFF FFS.

Thats my couple of pennies. Like it or not.

F-

Progenitor
29-08-03, 21:01
The people purposely ressing people that they knew were AFK, should be hunted down.

People going afk run the risk of being pushed someplace to be killed anyways, so they know the risks. Although certain places do seem to be safer than others for this.

Should warning had been given? I'm not sure, I kinda like the sneak attack.

Should the zone have been changes to a war-zone or anarchy zone - YES. That way, anti-city runners would have had some sort of chance of fighting back. If it had been changed into a warzone - then no belts would have dropped, and the AFK people would have just had the penelty of dieing. (I don't even know if it is possible for the GM's to change a zones setting)

Are the STORM bots and security guards still all over the Plaza? Did it just happend in one sector or did it happen in all of the plaza sectors?

-p

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 21:02
im not anti-city and i was uneffected and i still say its BS

Mingerroo
29-08-03, 21:03
I like the idea, it just proves that nowhere is truly safe. Its just like a wave of random-PKers turning up at MB. I like it. Yeah it sucks to be you if you got caught in it but having a warning for EVERYTHING would suck too much.

I'm TG and had I been wasted yeah I woulda been pissed, but I also woulda seen the reality and coolness (if the SWAT are about to storm an area they don't announce it to let all the terrorists run away and hide). :D Keep up the new more interactive GM policy KK :)

Also, based on the above idea for warnings, a GM should create a char for each faction and give them appropriate warnings over faction chat, i.e. City - "S.T.O.R.M. Bots will be entering Plaza 1 for a sweep and clear, please stay calm this is to remove any anti-city faction members" and then for anti-city factions - "We have just recieved elite information from our spies telling us that there will be a S.T.O.R.M. inflitration of Plaza 1, sweep and destroy. Run! There is no fighting them!!!!"

That would be cool and please everyone.

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 21:04
I wonder if NC lost any customers with this latest display of GM incompetence?

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 21:05
Im pretty sure if it alone didnt. that it will contrbute to people leaving alot with there totaly lack of care for FA

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 21:08
Originally posted by Progenitor

Are the STORM bots and security guards still all over the Plaza? Did it just happend in one sector or did it happen in all of the plaza sectors?

-p

I think it is over Pro as a couple ppl commented that it was and that they are busy moving their stuff outta Plaza apts into TG and TH apts.

I think it was just quick sweep through P1 as I haven't heard anyone say anything about other zones and CA HQ is right there so it makes sense.

Mingerroo
29-08-03, 21:10
I think it is over Pro as a couple ppl commented that it was and that they are busy moving their stuff outta Plaza apts into TG and TH apts.

This is why i like the spontaneaty. Nobody would have cared had they KNOWN the bots were coming. Now it has anti-city factions shit scared and returning home, where they should be. Eventually people will be very defensive of their homes. I love the idea of random storms by NPCs etc. Great idea :)

alig
29-08-03, 21:17
Originally posted by Mingerroo
This is why i like the spontaneaty. Nobody would have cared had they KNOWN the bots were coming. Now it has anti-city factions shit scared and returning home, where they should be. Eventually people will be very defensive of their homes. I love the idea of random storms by NPCs etc. Great idea :)

(taken from his info thingy bit)

Hacker/Poker/Rifler

I wonder, I wonder..........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alex Mars
29-08-03, 21:18
This is why i like the spontaneaty. Nobody would have cared had they KNOWN the bots were coming.

That is completely untrue in every sense. If there had been a warning people would have vacated the Plaza immediately and then started moving out of NC when the raid was over.

Ixholla
29-08-03, 21:20
A breath of fresh are let me tell you.....

Something interesting finally happened.

Stirred up a bunch of shit and now you
guys' panties are all in a bunch.

Good job KK.

More spontaneity = Great

=)

El Barto
29-08-03, 21:22
I don't mind wot the GMs did (although I am pro city faction so it was very very veryf funny), but they shoulda changed it into a war zone b4 they spawned em

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Ixholla
A breath of fresh are let me tell you.....

Something interesting finally happened.

Stirred up a bunch of shit and now you
guys' panties are all in a bunch.

Good job KK.

More spontaneity = Great

=)

lol, well I guess that is one good thing that came outta this.
It woke everyone up.

Progenitor
29-08-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Mingerroo

Yes, but what about those that start out in Crahn in the outzone, or the other anti-city factions that start out with apartments inside of NC?

Technically, NC is their home too.

I am assuming that it won't be once DoY comes out, what they are going to do with the Crahn Abbey and HQ - I don't know. Hopefully the Abbey will stay, with it's secret passage from A7(A6?) as another way into NC.

Now if they started doing sweeps through my beloved OZ, I would get a tad upset - but I would also be able to fight back. ;)

-p

Mingerroo
29-08-03, 21:26
Apparently all anti-NC factions except for TG will be moving inside DoY... The crahn chruch will stay I reckon, for all those inner-city worshippers of Crahn.

Im personally looking forward to the North-South (and possibly East) divide. I wonder if TG will like DoY in the long run....

alig
29-08-03, 21:26
There has been no GM here in 9 pages......does that not say something (one will turn up now cuz he knows he can, IF he wants too).....if i was afk in plaza 1 (its SAFE ZONE FFS!!! is DoY out and kk not tell anyone cuz this wasnt ment to happen till then......fuking......C...KK) and i was rezz killed....my account would no longer be HERE now, i would of quit to know a GM just watch someone get rezz killed multiple times.....they obviously could'nt give a flying fuck about US (yes all u 'oooooo dont bitch at kk, there trying!!!' ppl too).

Does this also mean we need to start getting Holy buffs in safe zones cuz u never know how upset the GM is with the ALT CA character on his other account might be today!! :rolleyes: /sarcasm off.

LoneDawg
29-08-03, 21:29
Ok there was no warning about the storm bots coming.. but you are in an enemies zone.. might have been a safe zone but you always knew you shouldnt have been there.. as for no warning what about getting on OOC/Trade/Faction and saying dont go to Plaza 1 they kill Anti-CA people??

Ever since we were warned that Neocron was becoming a no go for Anti-CA people i have stayed away from neocron as much as possible so that when it was enforced i wouldnt be disadvantage.. its all in the planning people :)

PS. the people that res killied should be banned :mad:

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 21:30
Ye i dont care what they say. this was BS and a total show of Favouritism for CA. (mainly talking about the spawning of the STORM in CA HQ)

Whiety Bulger
29-08-03, 21:35
Ya how about massacring pro citys in a safe zone so they can't fight back. Or at least temperarly make plaza 1 a warzone plz. KK ppls seem to have only pro city faction chars

Sinead O'Connor
29-08-03, 21:43
1) this seperation of the community is a bad idea. yeah, this game has a big enough base to do that....whatever :rolleyes:

2) this was a bad way to introduce this....but....what do i really expect from the competant folks at kk? :rolleyes:

the people that got screwed won't be pissed or anything....no....

Mingerroo
29-08-03, 21:46
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
Ya how about massacring pro citys in a safe zone so they can't fight back. Or at least temperarly make plaza 1 a warzone plz. KK ppls seem to have only pro city faction chars

Erm, everyone was nuked, including a lot of pro-city faction members....

Forseti
29-08-03, 21:48
Ok, we all done with venting?

If not, send a pm or email to Snowcrash with your ideas or complaints about this event.