PDA

View Full Version : So who else got rolled back?

and1guy
29-08-03, 15:35
God damnit man... i got 2 str levels last night, and my filter heart 2... poof gone.. i still have the money i paid for it BUT i dont have those 2 levels i needed for CS.. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*edit -- oh yeah forgot about all those con levels too.. grrr

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 15:36
The servers were rolled back to the backup taken this morning. How do you explain that?

N

juvestar15
29-08-03, 15:39
HAHAHAHAHA PWNED!!!!!!

Let me guess, and1guy was also hacked and wanted a re-roll few weeks back?

and1guy
29-08-03, 15:39
well i DID get rolled back.. why would i be lieing.. i was on til about 1:30 am central US time in caves.. and also if "Def" from pluto posts here i bet he got his filter heart 2 back

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 15:40
Let's not jump to conclusions here. I'm in no way suggesting that and1guy is trying to pull anything, I'm merely stating what rollback took place. There could be another reason. In any case, please email helpdesk@neocron.com for further assistance.

N

GT_Rince
29-08-03, 15:45
Originally posted by Nidhogg
The servers were rolled back to the backup taken this morning. How do you explain that?

N

AHHHAHAHHHA :lol:

Busted :p

LTA
29-08-03, 15:53
Originally posted by GT_Rince
AHHHAHAHHHA :lol:

Busted :p

But but he's american..... so nids this morning may be quite different over the pond :p

Sorontar
29-08-03, 15:59
About 7 hours different, so he was playing until about 8.30 this morning. That explains it doesnt it.

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 16:02
That could well be it. As I advised earlier in the thread, please contact helpdesk@neocron.com.

N

ZoneVortex
29-08-03, 16:04
Gah!! I got rolled back ! >.<

Lost two important things I got last night. Any explanation for the rollback?

TEBO
29-08-03, 16:09
Neocron: You'll Never Get Rolled Back Alone!

My entry for your banner contest! :lol:

oh and N, shame on you, hinting that the guy was at it! :rolleyes:

Syntax-Error
29-08-03, 16:15
Well. it was rollback or start again from scrath.. as alot of chars got wiped in the database Error.

ZoneVortex
29-08-03, 16:16
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Well. it was rollback or start again from scrath.. as alot of chars got wiped in the database Error.

Ahhhh.....well.....that's even worse! Meehhhhhh don't delete our precious characters!

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 16:16
Originally posted by TEBO
oh and N, shame on you, hinting that the guy was at it! :rolleyes:

Let's not jump to conclusions here. I'm in no way suggesting that and1guy is trying to pull anything, I'm merely stating what rollback took place. There could be another reason. In any case, please email helpdesk@neocron.com for further assistance.

N

DonnyJepp
29-08-03, 16:30
Where is the thread describing what exactly was rolled back? I'd like to know what to expect when I sign in this evening.

Can we get some official word on what was rolled back to when, and why?

Spoon
29-08-03, 16:51
I got rolled back.....

I'm back to where I was at 12 midnight EST, in the middle of an Epic, I had finished.....

I would like an explaination as to why the servers were rolled back.

Maybe it's because of that massive exploit I found last night....:rolleyes:
I am going to report it, tho, I just need to test it out a few times to make sure I could reproduce it.......:angel:

Tregard
29-08-03, 17:44
It was rolled back because the character database got massively corrupted. Give them time to figure out what corrupted the database.

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 17:50
Originally posted by Spoon
I got rolled back.....

I'm back to where I was at 12 midnight EST, in the middle of an Epic, I had finished.....

That sux :( I think 12 EST is about where my characters are back to, luckily I was lazy last night and didn't do much of anything in game.

Lethys
29-08-03, 17:50
I logged off last night after dying in an op war, but I didn't buy my inventory back before logging.

So, when I logged back on after the rollback, I discovered that the contents of the backpack had been wiped, including my 3 slot RoG. I couldn't get it back from the GR, and I went back to the exact spot where I died, to find that the backpack was not there.

Luckily the RoG was the only thing of value in the backpack. Viruz lost 4 rare APU spells for the same reason.

Omni X
29-08-03, 18:03
Hmm, I guess I picked a bad night to log in for the first time. I played till about 2:30am EST, so it sounds like it was all for naught.

Maybe it was my new char/account that corrupted everything :eek:

Disturbed021
29-08-03, 18:07
Originally posted by Lethys
I logged off last night after dying in an op war, but I didn't buy my inventory back before logging.

So, when I logged back on after the rollback, I discovered that the contents of the backpack had been wiped, including my 3 slot RoG. I couldn't get it back from the GR, and I went back to the exact spot where I died, to find that the backpack was not there.

Luckily the RoG was the only thing of value in the backpack. Viruz lost 4 rare APU spells for the same reason.

Well if they did a rollback shouldn't you have those things back? I certainly hope that they will at least attempt to compensate you and Viruz.

Berzerker
29-08-03, 18:52
Bloody hell good job I looked at me SL. I'm -17 again after workjng all that off:(

Snake EYE
29-08-03, 19:31
Yeh, Viruz lost his ENTIRE inv! He had a heap of kick ass rare apu spells in there too. It really sucks.

Mantus
29-08-03, 20:26
Hell yah

I was rolled back on about 5 hours of game time! I lost my 3 slot Tangent Speed Gun!!! DAMN you KK! ….but seriously I hope there is a way I can get it back.

Edit Update/

I just checked to see if the 3 rares i traded last night at 4:00 AM Eastern time (-5:00 GTM) were still there. Well they arent. Not only that but the rares i traded them for are missing as well.

I am not really understanding this rollback? If it deleted all my progress from 12:00AM (-5:00 GTM) then why did a trade that took place at 4:00AM (-5:00 GTM) still take place yet i lost both the parts i traded and the parts i recieved?

mdares
29-08-03, 20:58
wow i decided to take a break from NC yesterday and apparently it looks like it was a good idea... i express my deepest sympathies for those who lost stuff as i too have been in that same position...

hope u all get yer stuff back or that it just all gets sorted...

Spy<VS>Spy
29-08-03, 21:36
mmm...roll backs are a bummer, but i really dont care if they just set back a few hours, if they would have set back a few days then we would have lost all the loot we stole from pimp last night...mmm, be pitty if we did.

FBI
29-08-03, 21:50
Originally posted by Spoon
..Maybe it's because of that massive exploit I found last night....:rolleyes:
I am going to report it, tho, I just need to test it out a few times to make sure I could reproduce it.......:angel:

I hope your joking but atleast your honest :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sinead O'Connor
29-08-03, 22:53
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling. You want another ban? ]

Sinead O'Connor
29-08-03, 23:02
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
mmm...roll backs are a bummer, but i really dont care if they just set back a few hours, if they would have set back a few days then we would have lost all the loot we stole from pimp last night...mmm, be pitty if we did.

yeah, boss....the shit is ON!

Sinead O'Connor
29-08-03, 23:03
Originally posted by Sinead O'Connor
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling. You want another ban? ]

i love the professional manner kk deals with things, i really do.

goto bed w/o my supper next, nid?

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 23:06
i love the professional manner kk deals with things, i really do.

goto bed w/o my supper next, nid? If you want to complain, be my guest, but leave the offensive crap at the door please. Don't talk to me about professionalism until you can write a post without flaming someone.

N

/edit - oh, and cut out the triple-posting too.

Sinead O'Connor
29-08-03, 23:09
incase it slipped by the ever watchful--and always fair :rolleyes: --gaze of the copbot captain....i'm a neocron citizen not a professional.

but...i guess i won't talk to you about professionalism (your employers obviously haven't).

Spoon
29-08-03, 23:23
Originally posted by FBI
I hope your joking but atleast your honest :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's not really a "massive" exploit, but it is serious...
I reported it.

Dezerter
30-08-03, 00:25
incase it slipped by the ever watchful--and always fair :rolleyes: --gaze of the copbot captain....i'm a neocron citizen not a professional.

but...i guess i won't talk to you about professionalism (your employers obviously haven't).

He's being quite fine professional wise, you're not. Not even using proper grammar/spelling (One way to show professionalism is you know how to speak/type the language that you are trying to communicate.) Gj on that line, moving on..

I got rolled back, it saved me 29,000nc (Woohoo) and lost me about 5 hours of work. (I lommed last night, picked a great time to do it eh? :/) Some other stuff occured, but that was the majority of it all. Good thing I didn't go level as suggested :/

Lucky Sparks
30-08-03, 00:29
woot 100k for everyone .. that will fix everything.

*cough* bullsh#t *cough*

OTIS
30-08-03, 00:55
stop crying about rollback ffs!!! I dont think they would do if it weren't for a good reason. I mean if they had a problem and this fixed it then i'd rather have the problem fixed and a rollback of a few hrs or so happen soon rather than it add up to a 2 week rollback. I'm sure ur pissed but ffs lets not spam up the forums anymore. Its happend they arnt going to "unroll" the whole game cuz of your thread so its pointless to say anything about it.

^------- = my 2 cents

Social-Zero
30-08-03, 01:13
lol i didn't even notice , i just fool around lately anyway

And the 100k rule is a joke alright !

Mantus
30-08-03, 05:18
Well i really expected the worst when i re-did my citymerc epic and then I ended up with a 5 slot Speed Gun. Huray for roll back!

...arnt people fickle...

Sinead O'Connor
30-08-03, 09:33
Originally posted by Dezerter
[B]He's being quite fine professional wise, you're not. Not even using proper grammar/spelling

comma splice in your first sentence, [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]. you screwed the pooch on that one.

*scoff*

MjukisDjur
30-08-03, 15:06
ah, so thats what happened. My new spy seemed to have lost 3 levels (only around 25) but I wasnt really sure. Good thing he is a noob so far and I didnt loose 3 levels around 90+ :)

Helen Angilley
30-08-03, 15:10
Hmm, yes. Rollback or total character loss.

Pft.

:rolleyes:

Garet
30-08-03, 16:18
Just found out that after Viruz lost his entire Inventory, including at least 3 rare PSI, and all his armor etc..etc....he got offered 100k by the support.

OK DO ANY OF THE SUPPORT STAFF ACTUALLY PLAY NC?

DO THEY HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO GET HOLD OF GOOD RARE ITEMS THESE DAYS.????

How can KK offer 100k for the loss of several slotted rare items and his entire inventory when it has taken weeks and possibly months to collect all those items in the first place???

Its no surprise that Viruz has allready cancelled his accounts with NC, and I am sorry to see that KK have driven off another good and long time player.

Would any of them be happy if everything they had worked for in the game for the past couple of months was wiped out and they got offered 100k by way of compensation?? 100K isnt even enough to buy back his armor.