PDA

View Full Version : Barrels

Ryuben
29-08-03, 13:28
Ok i don't like the way barrels work as i think its jsut a joke that a APU can spend what is it 30 psi and get an attack that lasts so long and get good damage, so i would as an idea to change it why not change it so it drains ur psi pool instead of being a set ammount small change but would improve it as the monk would also have to stand in the same place as hes casting (spell stops when he moves) jsut an idea what do u guys think ?

ericdraven
29-08-03, 13:31
The rare barrels cost around 150 PSI energy and the normal ones are a joke. :p

Sanctus
29-08-03, 13:43
whats the lowest req barrel actually?

ericdraven
29-08-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Sanctus
whats the lowest req barrel actually?

Crahn Energy Barrel, PSI=40 APU=75 MST=50

Stigmata
29-08-03, 14:06
ok so you want to take away the best way a monk has to level.

so lets reduce a tank STR gain to 66% and lets change CON to 33% then we change DEX to 25% and remove INT gain from firing weapons.

hows that sound to you ?

or alteratively you can get a nice can of STFU and go play the game

Andy

SorkZmok
29-08-03, 14:06
Originally posted by ericdraven
Crahn Energy Barrel, PSI=40 APU=75 MST=50

Well, take that joke and hit the El Farid Underground....

Its just awesome, especially when you got its RoF capped :D

Ryuben
29-08-03, 14:12
Originally posted by stigmata
ok so you want to take away the best way a monk has to level.
Andy

:rolleyes:

not take away change sheesh

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 14:16
Normal barrells are weak......Rare barrells are too expensive too slow and too short range...Holy Energy Barrell is th eonly decent barrell really...

anyway.....Barrells suck for PvP cept when camping apartment lifts *cough* and camping an OP UG...

Dont touch the barrells plz god..dont even complain about them....that is the way 60% or more of the server levels !!!

Sleawer
29-08-03, 14:18
Well maybe apu's should not be able to runcast the non-rare barrels, just like rare barrels cannot be runcasted.

However with this change, I would like to see the range of barrels improved, as it is now we have to shoot at our feet. I'd say imrpove the range, I dont care about making it non runcast-able.

About the mana, I agree with increasing the mana cost for non-rare barrels, in the time an apu monk can cap his mana pool without harming his damage. Now we have ridiculous mana pools if we want to get good damage in our spells.

but anyway Ryuben, do not expect to do more damage with your tank than any apu monk. Start accepting it, apu monks are the ultimate attack, so they should outdamage your tank _always_

Any change must be brough in this line of actuation.

Mankind
29-08-03, 14:22
Quit with the god damn nerfs.

Bye.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 15:22
Apus need a form of AOE, and their current AOE needs to be revamped. Barrels are "almost" useless for PvP. And i don't want to hear how "one time" you fought an apu who used a barrel to barrel the ug BLAH BLAH BLAH. If the rare barrels were really good, you would see apus use it more often.

"barrel" in general is a silly method of aoe IMO.

Heavyporker
29-08-03, 15:38
I rather like barrels... they stack quite well...

but the problems - they got fuck all range.... they got fucking bad sense of timing because ppl can run through them and only maybe get tapped once.... and the rare barrels costs your soul to cast...

the RoF isnt TOO badly mauled... its salvageable with enough PSU, I think.

Well, Shadow Dancer, what would you like to see for better Monk AoE?

I think I said it before, but... Blasts got SHIT AoE, but damn, wouldnt it work great if they had the area effect size of a barrel?

Then it would be vastly fairer, because on the one hand, you got fast-cast AoE that does the damage in one swoop and has something approximating decent range, and on teh other, you got long lasting AoE that does quite good damage but has poor range and control....

if we had the choice, then both would be fair, but right now, its too skewed.

oh, and there should be normal, blessed, and holy versions of blasts, with the holy versions topping out at TL 85 to 90 (yes, the damage BETTER be good!)

hey, at least you have to admit the blasts LOOK cool with the sparkliness of the energy one and the several bolts of flame flying all over for the fire one... the poison blast needs to get jazzed up in looks, I think.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 15:43
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I rather like barrels... they stack quite well...

but the problems - they got fuck all range.... they got fucking bad sense of timing because ppl can run through them and only maybe get tapped once.... and the rare barrels costs your soul to cast...

the RoF isnt TOO badly mauled... its salvageable with enough PSU, I think.

rare barrels have too many penalties. Their far from being powerful enough to justify their penalties. I totally understand the mana cost. But shit range AND shit rof too? The max rof is 31.

The rof and range make it very "unrealistic" for PvP.

Well, Shadow Dancer, what would you like to see for better Monk AoE?

I prefer it to be a circular "explosion" starting from the caster. Sort of like the Nova spell in diablo 1. And it would shoot out once every 2 and a half seconds, up to 3 times then stop.

OR

Make it like a small circular aura around you, and whoever is near it gets hit, and it won't hit you. Btw this is Majin Hercule's idea. For weeks he was harassing me to say it on the forums. :D

I think I said it before, but... Blasts got SHIT AoE, but damn, wouldnt it work great if they had the area effect size of a barrel?

If they had better AOE it would be good.

oh, and there should be normal, blessed, and holy versions of blasts, with the holy versions topping out at TL 85 to 90 (yes, the damage BETTER be good!)

hey, at least you have to admit the blasts LOOK cool with the sparkliness of the energy one and the several bolts of flame flying all over for the fire one... the poison blast needs to get jazzed up in looks, I think.

omg we agree on something. nerf :p

Sleawer
29-08-03, 15:53
I like the aura idea Arcadius, that's kinda an agressive shield. I like it a lot.

Heavyporker
29-08-03, 16:00
arcadius, you asshole. o_0

give me the date of this that you say majinhercules told you.

I am saying this, because... well... *points to Idea Nova links in sig*

that aura idea of mine in the Idea Novas must have been there ever since Neocron began (well, I might exaggerate JUST a bit.)

i EVEN detailed how the auras would look!

Sleawer
29-08-03, 16:05
Yea porker, but your nova ideas are too big to read them all :p

I've read it now (only that paragraph :D). Good ideas about those auras to penalyze the melee attackers.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Sleawer
Yea porker, but your nova ideas are too big to read them all :p

yes it's true. lol :p