juvestar15
29-08-03, 12:45
Originally posted by stigmata
As the title says, well done, great job guys

Andy

Ye KK had this in their long term goals. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 12:45
The level 3 connection is down temporarily (as previously notified by Odin). This was expected and the community was notified.

N

DIS
29-08-03, 12:46
Bugger, was hoping it was DoY :p

Opiate
29-08-03, 12:47
Originally posted by Nidhogg
The level 3 connection is down temporarily (as previously notified by Odin). This was expected and the community was notified.

N
Can you point us to the notification of this? (and I don't mean Snowcrash's announcement at 12:44)

Oath
29-08-03, 12:49
Originally posted by nidhogg
This was expected and the community was notified.

I wasnt.

Maybe i missed it.

Better not be bloody Doy, my modem cant hack it at the moment it'll go into meltdown :D .

Oath.

Stigmata
29-08-03, 12:50

N

well woopdeedooo great notification skills, whats that er 2 minutes after i posted, surely a decent company would notify before it occurs ? just sounds like another lame excuse for incompetence

A :D

ericdraven
29-08-03, 12:58
Originally posted by Opiate
Can you point us to the notification of this? (and I don't mean Snowcrash's announcement at 12:44)

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73533

X452
29-08-03, 12:58
Originally posted by DIS
Bugger, was hoping it was DoY :p

lol u shud know betta!!

Oath
29-08-03, 13:00
Also level3 informed us of possible short "disturbances" between 10 and 11 am (thats right now). Don't know if that will affect things at all but just so you guys know

Yup that covers it lol. My rant is here by removed.

Oath.

Opiate
29-08-03, 13:01
Originally posted by ericdraven
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73533
Great, another notification buried within a thread. I'm not going to read a thread with such a title if I already know the server is down.

Stigmata
29-08-03, 13:05
once again i re-iterate my disapointment in lack of notification, surely you dont consider that as an acceptable notification of possible problems

A

=Chojin=
29-08-03, 13:10
Behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Ch0

wolfus1
29-08-03, 13:13
awww come on i just got of my hol's and want to go on neocron and saturn is down ill have to go on CS or sumthing:wtf:

GT_Rince
29-08-03, 13:17
Originally posted by Opiate
Great, another notification buried within a thread. I'm not going to read a thread with such a title if I already know the server is down.

Gotta say, that is a very bad notification...

Should be a sticky or in the announcements forums. As Opi said, not buried in another thread :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
29-08-03, 13:19
L3 said that there was a small possibility of a temporary outage, not that there would definitely be one. Also, the outage only lasted about 2 minutes.

N

CoDi
29-08-03, 13:28
To be precise, they used the word "interference", which may be anything from a short lag to a complete connection loss. :o

Plus, they were about one our late.

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 14:56
omg everyone lets all get together and piss off KK cuz an unrelated company decided to drop the connection :O

seriously..its down....itd be down wether you knew itd be down or not... :P

Progenitor
29-08-03, 16:01
Originally posted by Nidhogg
L3 said that there was a small possibility of a temporary outage, not that there would definitely be one. Also, the outage only lasted about 2 minutes.

N

As a side note, it might not be a bad idea to have a Neocron webpage and/or fourm with scheduled times of downtimes, updates, maintenace, etc., etc. that is update at least 24 hours beforehand for know stuff and imediatly whenever emergency items occure (in the case level 3 only gives you 8 hours notice of a maintenace window)

-p

Lethal Virus
31-08-03, 14:50
As someone who works in the IT Field doing networking, This is no such thing as a 100% uptime connection, not even at large datacenters. :rolleyes:

The world doesn't come to an end just because you cant play Neocron for two minutes during an outage/lag/whatever.

Level 3 Communications is a highly reliable datacenter, in which I run servers for my businesses, never had a problem except for minior lag, and a few seconds of communication loss, no biggie. :eek:

Edit: Also when I was reading posts on here about people not being able to access Saturn, I was able to access it just fine, I even had a friend that plays on Saturn that has been on all morning and didn't have any connection/packet loss.

Judge
31-08-03, 14:57
Jeesus, can everyone just chill for a bit. 2 mins down and people start flaming.

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 18:02
Originally posted by Judge
Jeesus, can everyone just chill for a bit. 2 mins down and people start flaming.

Reminds me of the EVE forums. Servers go down for the briefest of moments and you get these sort of comments:

"CCP SUX!"

"The game will die!"

"Newbies are frightened off by this crap!"

"Get your act together!"

"I cancel111"

It even happens, at times, when it's the server's daily hour down time. :rolleyes:

"One problem and you suddenly have three dozen Chicken Littles running around screeching about how the sky is falling!".

ZoneVortex
31-08-03, 18:05
Why'd this thread get bumped....this is from 3 days ago....

Helen Angilley
31-08-03, 18:06
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Why'd this thread get bumped....this is from 3 days ago....

Yeah, why did you bump it Zone?

Nidhogg
31-08-03, 21:01
Leaving aside the fact that the thread was bumped (I saw it as "new and substantive" anyway), the thread itself is now out of date.

N