View Full Version : Rare names.....

J a y
29-08-03, 10:59
I dont know about anyone elce but the names of the rares to me steer away from the games mood. why should rares be named after nothing in game while everything elce (non rares) have company names or unlabled etc.

I honestly think KK should go through all their rares and rename them to fit the game. instead of "cursed soul" make it "Tangent custom xn9000 Plasma cannon" or something along those lines.

this is sorta a random complaint but it would be nice to not have childish names for Rares.

Morigan
29-08-03, 11:06
If you read the History of the weapons you will notice that most of the weapons are unique from the story the got.

The CS for example is a modified Plasma Cannon which where connected to a Neural Interface of a Runner (dont know his name now). With his neural Connection he were able to adjust Range, Damage, Frequenz and so on. In the end the runner traped himself in his weapon Cursed Soul fits perfect i think.

To name it Tangent Plasma Cannon Prototype Version whatever would easily be a lie.

Morigan

Jolt
29-08-03, 11:08
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71444

Most of the rares are based on a short stories that was just recently translated.

Morigan
29-08-03, 11:11
The story´s weren´t translated ??
Sorry i am a german player and we have the storys since ages didnt know that other language version of neocron dont have such storys.

Morigan

J a y
29-08-03, 12:09
first time ive heard about these stories lol.

Peeping Tom
29-08-03, 12:11
nope we dont have any info on our rares.. just its a very power full item shit :P
K4F

J a y
29-08-03, 12:25
cool stories... now the names make sence :P. i like the redeemers story :P