PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this kind of set up?

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:02
Ok. I am talking about hardware here. I ordered new components for my computer since now i have really shitty fps... Like 4-12 in OP-fights. This is the reason:

- AMD Duron 850Mhz
- GeForce 2 MX 400 32Mt
- 384Mt sdram

Now I'm only waiting for my graphics card to arrive. It seems I have to wait for a week or so until I get it. But the thing I want to know if someone has the following setup, how good is it? What kind of fps you get in what kind of situation in neocron? And how low/high are your details etc. This is what my setup will be soon:

- AMD Athlon XP 2500+
- GeForce FX 5600 128Mt
- 512Mt DDR

Retro V
29-08-03, 09:12
dont quote me on anything here because im gonna be very vague
but
your new pc will make games of the future amzingly fast with dah nicest graphics but u will still only get 4-12 fps at an NC OPfight :)
because the game was made with your old computer in mind ( its getting on 2 yrs old now this game is )
but if u wanna make things faster then turn off options not just in game but on your graphics card too (desktop properties , advanced , settings , geforce ( i think thats where they are ) and turn off the groovy stuff like antialiasing etc ) then u can free up some memory and gpu to work on framerates. even better still use window mode , it is possible to get 30 fps at OP fights

on a side note - i only got a geforce 4 mx and i can get fps of 250 in my app staring at a wall in window mode with rpos on :D dont think it works out accurately

Dribble Joy
29-08-03, 09:22
OK, when I go into desktop - settings - advanced - my graphics card (radeon 9500) I don't see any options, what is wrong?

Original monk
29-08-03, 09:26
nova, indeed, all depends on youre configs, if ya configure for lower graphics quality ya get more performance (also forcefog off) simple as that, but the new system you describe looks pretty neat indeed, probably a barton 2500 not ? the gfxcard and the cpu looks fine, maybe ya need some extra ram yeah, take about a 1000 atleast , more is even better (2700 ddr will do fine), is youre mobo dual DDR ?? In any case experiment a littlebit with it :P youre PC will be yust fine :angel:

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:26
The way it is for me is Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced. But anyways... I don't want to be asshole or rude or anything but I'm just waiting comments concerning the setup above so... well, you know ;)

Original monk
29-08-03, 09:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
OK, when I go into desktop - settings - advanced - my graphics card (radeon 9500) I don't see any options, what is wrong?

strange, i dont have a radeon 9500 but with my old radeon i got my options over there, you have an extra menu maybe where ya can configure the options (in the tray or at program files ?)

its also possible ya dont have it installed correctly, maybe some conflicts dunno

check youre list of hardware at the "system" icon in youre configurationscreen, otherwise go read the manual again :P

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:34
OriginalMonk, yes it's barton. I have the settings quite as low as I can get them. And the forcefog is already off. As far as I know 512Mt should be enough (though I know I had ordered like 30000Mt if I just had the money :p ). And my mobo is dual DDR but as my friend (who has hardcore knowledge on hardware, been doing it experiments on electronics for like 12 years or so) has also mobo with only one mem chip he says it doesn't really make a difference at least with the mobo and memory I have. But anyways, thanks monkie :) that's the kinda comments I want to see here :p

Retro V
29-08-03, 09:35
@DJ
i never had a radeon - only know the geforce one and i got it wrong anyway - its desktop properties , settings , advanced , geforce
@supernova
comments ? like i said , that setup is gonna pwn games of the future ( there are other games ? 8| )

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:38
Retro, that thing I asked was meant for everyone and the one who motivated me a bit was Dribble Joy :)

Retro V
29-08-03, 09:43
supernova , that thing i said was a reply to you and the one who is confusing me now is you :D

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:45
omg! I dunno what's going on so I just try to forget our dialogue :lol:

SynC_187
29-08-03, 09:48
Which OS are you running?

If you look around the net you can find guides on trimming down your OS (similar to Alienware). Do that and you can improve the performance significantly.

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 09:56
Which OS are you running?

If you look around the net you can find guides on trimming down your OS (similar to Alienware). Do that and you can improve the performance significantly.

Thanks but anyways I have ordered those new/better components already and I think I wont bother myself to search for those softwares because few days since I'm pretty lazy guy in general :lol:

SynC_187
29-08-03, 10:08
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Thanks but anyways I have ordered those new/better components already and I think I wont bother myself to search for those softwares because few days since I'm pretty lazy guy in general :lol:

Fair enough.

I have a similar spec to you on one of my PC's. After trimming down XP I get about 45-50 FPS at op wars and plaza1

Ithaqua
29-08-03, 10:17
my current system is VERY close to those new specs.

CPU : AMD Athlon XP 2400+
RAM : 1024MB
GFX : Geforce FX 5600 128MB

NC runs pretty nicely, not a massive improvement from my GF4 ti 4600, but a little boost. Thing you have to remember is that the engine is VERY CPU intensive, all the tricks the gfx card can do don't get used much.

I run in 1280*1024 and i'm really happy... a rick solid 50ish FPS even in plaza 1.

Now if only my ISP didn't keep suffering from infinite loops in its border routers I'd actually be able to get in game more. lol

ah well, when i move house I'll be changing ISP to someone with less monkeys running the network admin :p

•Super|\|ova•
29-08-03, 10:26
That helps me get a picture of somekind how it will work. Thanks Ith.