PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my suggested drop rate.

Mankind
29-08-03, 07:07
1 star mobs*
Drop 1 tech part at MOST. Mostly drops "lowtech" rare tech parts. Has small chance of dropping "technology" rare tech parts or "expensive" rare tech parts. Not every monster you kill that is 1 star will drop a rare tech part.
===================
Chance of dropping 1: 50%
Chance of dropping 2: 0%.
Chance of dropping 3: 0%
==================

2 star mobs**
Drop 2 tech parts at MOST. Mostly drops "lowtech" rare tech parts and "technology" rare tech parts. Has better chance of dropping "expensive" rare tech parts. Not every monster you kill that is 2 stars will drop any rare tech parts.
===================
Chance of dropping 1: 75%
Chance of dropping 2: 50%
==================

3 star mobs**
Drop 3 tech parts at MOST. Same chance of dropping any type of rare tech part ("lowtech", "technology", or "expensive"). Not every monster you kill that is 3 stars will drop any rare tech parts.
===================
Chance of dropping 1: 90%
Chance of dropping 2: 75%
Chance of dropping 3: 50%
===================

Note: The drop rule does not apply to boss monsters. Boss monsters have a 75% chance of dropping 3 rare tech parts.

In my opinion this wouldn't be too hurtful to ruin the economy but instead would in general, lower prices on some of the more useful rares (I.E. Cursed soul, Pain Easer). I agree that rares should be "rare" overall, but some prices on parts and built weapons are outrageous especially when players have so many other needs from the neverending changes in the world of neocron from patch to patch.

Thanks

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 07:40
I love it.

Drexel
29-08-03, 07:44
Works for me. :D

livide
29-08-03, 11:30
Originally posted by Mankind
1 star mobs*
===================
==================

2 star mobs**
===================
==================

3 star mobs**
===================
===================

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do u smoke crack after getting up?

Lethys
29-08-03, 11:34
Originally posted by livide
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do u smoke crack after getting up?

If he does, perhaps the Dev team should be smoking it too :D

5 stars

ericdraven
29-08-03, 11:38
Make rare parts shop buyable (Lowtech = 10 NC, tech=20 NC, Expensive = 40 NC).

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 11:39
Originally posted by ericdraven
Make rare parts shop buyable (Lowtech = 10 NC, tech=20 NC, Expensive = 40 NC).

Excellent idea, I give it 5 stars.

Xaru
29-08-03, 11:44
I would like to see the droprate raised alittle, but what you are suggesting, is too much. For players who have lots of onlinetime, this would take the fun out of it. But on the otherhand, killing 30 WBs and Firemobs and getting 1 techpart is really annoying. :)

But you schouldnt find a techpart in every mob you kill, even if it is a 3 star. Every second would be fine.

Enjoy
Xaru

livide
29-08-03, 11:49
my proposal...

why not spawn the test svr "rare weapon guy" on retail server as well?

would save u a lot of time and everyone who wants to have some rares would get them in no matter of time

ericdraven
29-08-03, 11:57
Originally posted by livide
my proposal...

why not spawn the test svr "rare weapon guy" on retail server as well?

would save u a lot of time and everyone who wants to have some rares would get them in no matter of time

Excellent idea, I give it 5 stars.

Pie'oh'pah
29-08-03, 12:04
Originally posted by Mankind
1 star mobs*
Drop 1 tech part at MOST. Mostly drops "lowtech" rare tech parts. Has small chance of dropping "technology" rare tech parts or "expensive" rare tech parts. Not every monster you kill that is 1 star will drop a rare tech part.
===================
==================

2 star mobs**
Drop 2 tech parts at MOST. Mostly drops "lowtech" rare tech parts and "technology" rare tech parts. Has better chance of dropping "expensive" rare tech parts. Not every monster you kill that is 2 stars will drop any rare tech parts.
===================
==================

3 star mobs**
Drop 3 tech parts at MOST. Same chance of dropping any type of rare tech part ("lowtech", "technology", or "expensive"). Not every monster you kill that is 3 stars will drop any rare tech parts.
===================
===================

Note: The drop rule does not apply to boss monsters. Boss monsters have a 75% chance of dropping 3 rare tech parts.

In my opinion this wouldn't be too hurtful to ruin the economy but instead would in general, lower prices on some of the more useful rares (I.E. Cursed soul, Pain Easer). I agree that rares should be "rare" overall, but some prices on parts and built weapons are outrageous especially when players have so many other needs from the neverending changes in the world of neocron from patch to patch.

Thanks

There would have to be some lvl limit for players though or capped players would be farming Launchers at Chester & MB Bunker

Shockwave
29-08-03, 12:11
Personally I'd say that would FLOOD the servers with rares, making them effectively like any other gun rather than spmething special. I'd set the rates at something like:

1 star mobs*
===================
Chance of dropping 1: 0%
==================

2 star mobs**
===================
Chance of dropping 2: 10%
==================

3 star mobs***
===================
Chance of dropping 3: 10%
===================

One-star mobs are too low a level to be dropping rares half the time. Really they ought to be dropped by the two- and three-star mobs only IMHO.

My 2nc.

Shock.

ericdraven
29-08-03, 12:13
Originally posted by Shockwave
One-star mobs are too low a level to be dropping rares half the time. Really they ought to be dropped by the two- and three-star mobs only IMHO.

o_O

But I'd like to see roaches dropping rare parts.. :(

Shockwave
29-08-03, 12:18
Originally posted by ericdraven
o_O

But I'd like to see roaches dropping rare parts.. :(

:rolleyes:

Shock.

Benjie
29-08-03, 12:21
1* mobs should drop 1 Lowteck rare 10% of the time imo, unless your combat rank is higher than.... 30?

Teaming should increase the chance of a rare drop by 15%

Mankind
29-08-03, 14:31
I agree about the farming.

My other proposal is that loot is not determined by your combat rank but instead is determined by your actual level rank. So for example...

You are a xx/60 tank. Obviously you are way to powerful to be fighting 1 star mobs. Since your rank is over the one star monsters (50), you will only have the chance to get recycleable junk and tech parts will not drop for you from 1 star mobs*. 2 star mobs** and 3 star mobs*** should drop for you still though.

[Btw I do smoke crack. The good ol' crack that Jesus provides me, a.k.a. the bible :)]

SigmaDraconis
29-08-03, 14:50
Im not too keen on cyclops dropping techs sorry

how about..

Warbots
1st tech: 66%
2nd tech: 33%
3rd tech: 0%

Warbot Titan
1st tech: 75%
2nd tech: 33%
3rd tech: 10%

Decayed Brutes/Doomreapers
1st tech: 75%
2nd tech: 50%
3rd tech: 10%

Grims/Horrors
1st tech: 90%
2nd tech: 50%
3rd tech: 50%

Keep boss mobs the same..i like their drops.

I voted yes...but basically i didnt like your numbers..im sure someoen will dislike mine aswell...but we get the idea...WERE ALL SICK OF NOT GETTING ONE TECH OUT OF 10+ WB's/doomies!!!!

LTA
29-08-03, 15:17
Originally posted by Shockwave
Personally I'd say that would FLOOD the servers with rares, making them effectively like any other gun rather than spmething special.

Tbh they already like any other gun, with the added fact they are required to pvp to most effect atm and require you to farm for em i dont see rares as something special anymore, i used to but not now, just see em as a beefed up weapon with a swirly.... Great :rolleyes:

and credit to mankind for making the effort to propose solutions as to "Up it massively!!11oneone" which i for one am guilty of :(

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 15:20
People want "rares" to be uber rare? Because they got some obsession with spending 50 hours a day to get one, that's fine. Then make all rare pvp weapons, easy to acquire, and make other types of items rare. That way "rare" and "pvp requirement" won't be mixed together. :rolleyes: