PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Cst Skill?

Legoias
29-08-03, 02:38
Is it possible to have too much construct skill? I have a droner spy with 205 cst at factory (or 213 cst if i re-imp him) with a cst 1 spell.

Im just wondering with 150 skill i cap all non-rares anyway and well slots are random so is there any point having more putting in more construct points.

I see constructors with 160-190 working on rares just fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

VictorKruger
29-08-03, 02:41
From what i have read in forums, the soft cap for a constructor is 130. So i think going any higher will only help you out only a small amount.

ElfinLord
29-08-03, 02:56
I think that if you cap all non rares at 150, that the extra points in CST only ensure that you don't fail. At 150 you run a chance of failing at anything higher than TL75.

At least that's the way I understand it.

ElfinLord

Ste-X
29-08-03, 03:20
it just means on higher tl rares you get better base stats on weapons

my spy constructs and researches now and has weapon lore, i do have ss/hawkins /sa/sf in though i can research everything up to Tech parts not e

you only need high still if your clan dont have a factory

Cass
29-08-03, 07:58
Originally posted by Ste-X
i do have ss/hawkins /sa/sf

gimme. :eek: o_O

Retro V
29-08-03, 10:05
Originally posted by Ste-X
ss/hawkins /sa/sf

like playing russian roulette with one 'empty' chamber if u die - ouch :( - id never leave plaza without a rezzer

LoneDawg
29-08-03, 10:16
Unless something has changed i think rares are completly random..

Eg: I built a 4 slot Holy Para with 117% stats with a 110 construct and was only around 60-70 int/dex.. Same with a 2 slot Artifact Libby.. 3 slot 115% Moon Stirker..

That would have been around June/July..

Crest
29-08-03, 12:22
Hmm, I dunno nothing cause
Well My constructor is TL 148, So I build stuff (Ok Hi TL Stuff) and I dont cap them. Hell I only get between 93% and 97% . Ok we are talking hi level stuff, but I did do a batch of about 200 various spells for a new APU, so it was from low TL to hi TL . thats 20 different spells, 10 of each. Did get a few 3/4 slotters and a 5 slotter. But I did not cap any of them.

My Rank is xx/50. Int is about 75 or so, Dex about the same....What am I doing wrong. Most builds are done at construct cast 3 ... so I am way over the 150 mark ....

ericdraven
29-08-03, 12:24
Originally posted by Crest
Hmm, I dunno nothing cause
Well My constructor is TL 148, So I build stuff (Ok Hi TL Stuff) and I dont cap them. Hell I only get between 93% and 97% . Ok we are talking hi level stuff, but I did do a batch of about 200 various spells for a new APU, so it was from low TL to hi TL . thats 20 different spells, 10 of each. Did get a few 3/4 slotters and a 5 slotter. But I did not cap any of them.

My Rank is xx/50. Int is about 75 or so, Dex about the same....What am I doing wrong. Most builds are done at construct cast 3 ... so I am way over the 150 mark ....

Are you sure you don't cap? With INT/DEX 75 and CST148 you are way over the cap.
You get 97% on an item? That's strange, low-level items cap at 94% and no one can go over it.
But it seems you are at the cap anyway... ;)

Crest
29-08-03, 12:33
Whats is the definition of Cap then....I thought Cap was getting 120% stats and the item being Either outstanding or Artifact. If thats the case no I don't cap. If you dont get that with normal items then i guess I do cap ....

Hmm Whats the meaning of cap ?

ericdraven
29-08-03, 12:43
Originally posted by Crest
Whats is the definition of Cap then....I thought Cap was getting 120% stats and the item being Either outstanding or Artifact. If thats the case no I don't cap. If you dont get that with normal items then i guess I do cap ....

Hmm Whats the meaning of cap ?

Depending on the TL items have a quality cap which can't be exceeded. (TL below 50 -> cap=94%).
You can get 120% ONLY with modifications, therefore you need (a lot) slots to make it artifact, if it's possible at all.
Only rares do not have this cap (well, they cap at 120%, that's the absolute maximum).

Crest
29-08-03, 13:42
Thanks,the yes I do cap my items based on the information provided

Legoias
29-08-03, 14:12
As a droner i have 93+ int, 107 dex (depending if im imped for droning or cst).

If i remember rightly 70% of a build is Cst skill, and 15% is int/dex?

I guess from the info above there is a lot of uncertaintly about the formula for rares.

Ste-X
29-08-03, 14:20
rares are different since they are uncapped on the stats

get a rare drone to make and you will notice the copyed ones are alot lot lower than the tech part made

i think the cap for the highest non rare items is 92% (holy group shelter or pb 20(not sure about the pb20)

Detritus
29-08-03, 14:35
up to tl48 (? aint that sure anymore) everything caps at 94%

tl 80 to 85 caps at 87%
tl 90 caps at 85%
and so on

a particle nemesis caps at 83%

if you're getting more, you're probably using a hacked gm-account ;)

construct caps at 110 cst @100int/100dex

more skill just reduces the chance of a failure

optimal skill is around 130-160, relatively low chance of failure and
enough skillpoints left to at least hold a gun

/edit
oh, just forgot ... slots are random :D
no matter what BS ppl try to tell you,
there is NO secret making a certain constructor a slot-god

ElfinLord
29-08-03, 14:36
Originally posted by Legoias
As a droner i have 93+ int, 107 dex (depending if im imped for droning or cst).

If i remember rightly 70% of a build is Cst skill, and 15% is int/dex?

I guess from the info above there is a lot of uncertaintly about the formula for rares.
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.p...on&pagenumber=1

go to page 3, look for Thanatos' comment.

It looks like this, just in case you can't find it.

Originally posted by Thanatos
For construction the influences are 60% Construction subskill, 25% DEX and 15% INT. Nothing else matters.

The only thing influencing the number of slots on an item is its quality. The higher the quality, the higher the chance to get slots. What is considered is the final quality of the item, not the pre-cap quality.

Want me to spoil the fun on repair? ;)

ElfinLord