PDA

View Full Version : How to keep me busy for 10 hours OT

Futureman
28-08-03, 18:16
Ok Guys: I got a question: here's a little game for you guys..

I have to fly from America to Germany this weekend, and the flight lasts 10 hours. It was pretty tortous on the way over, but i have a new setup. I need an old-school game to play on the plane. I have an old, abandoned laptop that i can take and use for other things as well, but here's the stats. Pentium 233, with 128MB of Ram, and nothing special for a video card. The batter is Lithium Ion, which maybe means that I can put it in better shape, but i am not sure.

Which OS and which Game?

I have WIndows 98SE and Win 2K

I've played fallout too many times and i don't really wanna play much Civ2, because i've had enough of that too. any suggesstions?

alig
28-08-03, 18:18
Maybe pacman.....i would get it checked out first tho:lol:

FBI
28-08-03, 18:26
Z-Ball. Very addictive, try to get the retail version, it will keep u
busy for a while.

craio
28-08-03, 18:30
not sure if ya meet the reqs but i would go for baldurs gate 1 will keep ya busy for longer then 10 hours

NeoLojik
28-08-03, 18:33
Install Win98SE, all your drivers etc and then aquire yourself a copy of Space Quest 6. that'll keep you busy for 10 hours if you enjoy adventure games ;)

Progenitor
28-08-03, 18:34
Any of the Civilzation epics would do it. Or for that matter any of the general 4x conquest types.

Your biggest problem is going to be power - how many batteries do you have?

-p

Kugero
28-08-03, 18:45
Win98: X-Com

Original monk
28-08-03, 18:49
lo mate, ya can use rollercoaster tycoon 1 (superfun) :P also try command and conquer tiberian sun, or even red alert 1 , wolfenstein 1, doom 1 ? the veeeery old ones, first fps's :P

TETRIS, free download everywhere and superfun :P

mahjong and games like that, also pinball (i have alienpinball :P)
also ya can play dionakra, its a game where ya have to kill briks with a small ball, that ball bounces back on a small line downside the screen, once the ball crosses the line youre dead :P very addictive (and chiks love to play it :P)
ya can play dope wars, its a textbased game where ya can sell and buy dope in diffrent cities, ya can take a plane, borrow cash from other dealers etc, VERY fun :p and pure freeware ! hehe

Patience probably allready on the computer :P

neocron offline tutorial :D

the copbotgame, a game that we used to play when the servers where down in beta4 :P lots of copbots appearing at windows and you have to shoot em down on the screen, very funny :P post youre major scores here :P (2bad i dont have it or the downloadlink anymore :/)

Look theres tons of small fun games around, go look at the freeware downloadable games online, every downloadsite has one, www.tucows.com , zdnet(www.download.com), look in google and ya will find 1000000 of free small games :P

2 bad the plane doesnt have internet hé :p

cu online ok, when youre back from the USA, bye

Futureman
28-08-03, 18:50
well i would ideally like to play a game of super metriod, but my gamepad doesn't really have the right connector for a laptop, i don't know how I could work around that. Battery will be a problem, that's why i couldn't play a game like Civ 2 if i wanted too. Too much hd activity. Well, keep the suggestions coming, and yeah, i probably won't make the entire 10 hours unless i get lucky and am on a plane with a power plug. not likely though. Maybe i'll go to the bathroom and charge it for an hour in there:lol: :lol:

Sokaris
28-08-03, 18:52
come on guys...

castle of the winds

used to be for win 3.1 will run fine on any windows though. Free to grab gotta search for it. Used to love that game.

Hayato
28-08-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Kugero
Win98: X-Com

YES!

nEo-1664
28-08-03, 19:00
get police quest :D the really old poxy one, where u can physically count the pixcels of colours :D pwnd, still not completed it rofl

nEo-1664/Ole

Futureman
28-08-03, 19:01
yeah i also gotta admidt that i've never played System Shock before eithero_O

Tregard
28-08-03, 19:17
Go for System Shock...you can get it from the abandonware site.

Drake6k
28-08-03, 19:24
I'd play something like baulder's gate 2.

Rade
28-08-03, 19:28
system shock, syndicate, civilization, syndicate, ufo, syndicate, master of magic, syndicate, starcontrol 2, syndicate. And oh, syndicate.

Tregard
28-08-03, 19:31
Originally posted by Rade
system shock, syndicate, civilization, syndicate, ufo, syndicate, master of magic, syndicate, starcontrol 2, syndicate. And oh, syndicate.

What about Syndicate Wars?

Cypher_Psy
28-08-03, 19:32
Get yourself WarBlade (http://www.warblade.as/)
Anyone remember Deluxe Galaga? :D :cool:

Rade
28-08-03, 19:33
Originally posted by Tregard
What about Syndicate Wars?

syndicate wars suxxors. the first one is the only one worth playing, and oh boy is it worth it.

Rade
28-08-03, 19:34
Originally posted by Cypher_Psy
Get yourself WarBlade (http://www.warblade.as/)
Anyone remember Deluxe Galaga? :D :cool:

warblade helped me throught 7 months working at dell, so it should get ya through 10 hours without much trouble :P

mdares
28-08-03, 19:53
GTA1,2 for when u get bored; or Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 (those last a LONG time)

Det0x
28-08-03, 19:54
Fallout 1 & 2

Dribble Joy
28-08-03, 20:01
Duke Nukem 3D, that game rocks. If I didn't have win2k on this machine I would still be playing and modding it.

Futureman
28-08-03, 20:41
good idea about the duke nukem

i haven't played lately, so i don't know much about it, but the older the game is the better, because it would probably use less battery.

FirestarXL
28-08-03, 20:52
Probably several people have said this already, but UFO: Enemy Unknown - best damn atmosphere in a gameever!

Craster
28-08-03, 21:14
Ultima7. And Ultima7 Part II

Addiction City.

Kugero
28-08-03, 21:49
Ultima7. And Ultima7 Part II

holy crap. I remember Ultima I, II, & III. Used to play it on my dad's uber 386 (with math coprocessor). 512kb of ram, 60mb hard drive, VGA graphic's card, etc.

that was right after we upgraded from a Vic 20 ...

Futureman
28-08-03, 22:09
Originally posted by Kugero
(with math coprocessor).

Oh God! I had completely fogotten about math coprocessors! Hey, was it MPC lvl 1?