PDA

View Full Version : Resist force <> piercing ???

greggus
28-08-03, 18:09
I know that a lot of threads talk about this, but i cant find a conclusion ... Does resist force influence piercing ?

- for exemple Will i take less damage with a tank with 95 STR and 80 resist force from a pain easer ?

- I read that resist force isnt necessary after 95 STR... is it true ? i mean, 50 or 0 in resist force at 95 STR is the same ... true or not ? (i think it's false)

thx

hinch
28-08-03, 18:41
most guns do force damage caused by the impact of the ammo on yourself resist force eliminates this

whist a cursed soul doesnt do piercing damage it does still do force damage so resist force helps there

yes resist force will help against a pain easer but not as much as some good armour with high pierce (try titan armour).

and yes it does still mater after str 95 all resists matter at all levels

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 19:07
Hinch is correct.

A good test of this is when I put on Monk PA and use XP controller. Suddenly liberator does 100 damage to me in 2 bursts.(which is like 1 second for the lib LOL)

Detritus
28-08-03, 19:37
resist force seems to "cap" like any other resist imho

i toned down resist force on my pe from 101 to 76 ... noticed no change at all

monks need tons of resist force due to their armour and bones, whereas a tank
hardly needs any at all

Dribble Joy
28-08-03, 20:06
Apparently force res = piercing res. so you can mix inq and normal energy armour and not need to worry too much if you have 100+ in it.
Hehe, that and a deflector, and PEs tend to bounce off you. :p

Rade
28-08-03, 20:08
resist force (just like any resist) caps at 114. Str does not influence resist force in any way, just as con doesnt influence any of the other resists.

ghandisfury
29-08-03, 00:40
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Hinch is correct.

A good test of this is when I put on Monk PA and use XP controller. Suddenly liberator does 100 damage to me in 2 bursts.(which is like 1 second for the lib LOL)

you need to put a deflector belt on.;)

Shadow Dancer
29-08-03, 01:03
Originally posted by ghandisfury
you need to put a deflector belt on.;)

That gimps other resists. :p