PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice

gizmojack
28-08-03, 18:05
I really need and would appreciate some advice.

My area of interest is 3D animation. I'm interested in getting a job in the games/movie industry. Right know I'm trying to decide which university to go into but I don't know what university degrees are more recognized from a hirers point of view.

I''m currently thinking of applying to the Raffles Lasalle International Design School in Singapore. Its a 2 year Advanced diploma course with an additional year for a "BA Honours in Visual Communication Design (Multimedia)". The degree is validated by Middlesex University,United Kingdom.
I'm concerned as to whether such a degree will be recognised.

Will be extremely grateful for any additional advice you could give too.

Roc-a-fella
28-08-03, 18:08
Originally posted by gizmojack

As in like, the whether, rain? stuff like that if so. if you really want this go after it, wether shouldnt make a difference. Mabye im not the one that should be giving advice,(the 15 years of age) but im sure you will get more, but i mean if an opputunity comes for me to chase somethin , ima take that

Nixon
28-08-03, 18:10
http://www2.ravensoft.com/getajob.htm

Say thanks :P

gizmojack
28-08-03, 18:29
Originally posted by Nixon
http://www2.ravensoft.com/getajob.htm

Say thanks :P

Juz gotta luv forums... Fantastic source of information

Excellent Link. Thx a bunch man.

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-08-03, 21:49
Originally posted by gizmojack
I really need and would appreciate some advice.

My area of interest is 3D animation. I'm interested in getting a job in the games/movie industry. Right know I'm trying to decide which university to go into but I don't know what university degrees are more recognized from a hirers point of view.

I''m currently thinking of applying to the Raffles Lasalle International Design School in Singapore. Its a 2 year Advanced diploma course with an additional year for a "BA Honours in Visual Communication Design (Multimedia)". The degree is validated by Middlesex University,United Kingdom.

Will be extremely grateful for any additional advice you could give too.

you wanna work in the games industry as a modeler? then you really don't "NEED" school, you can learn how to do anything in any 3d program, but if you have no artistic talent then you will never work as a modeler.

if you allready have the natural ability to make any kind of art, and a good imagination, you can just get a copy of 3ds max or maya and learn on your own.Trust me they teach you how to use tools in school, but they dont teach you the in's and outs of game design, unless you go to a college geared twords games like digipen or fullsail.

get into modding existing games like ut2003, and if u make a good enough portfolio you will get a job.