PDA

View Full Version : yet another drop rate complaint...

VetteroX
28-08-03, 08:37
OK, so ive been playing on saturn a lot lately. Hard getting used to being rich on pluto, to being poor on saturn. Well, ok, its a challenge, I gotta do something about it. Out I go, hunting. Meet up with xer0, another pluto member come over to saturn, and we go wb hunting. We killed at least 30. How many techs? ZERO not one tech. Come on, can anyone honeslty say this is fair? How are new players suppost to start out? how? if anyone can tell me please do.

And YES ive tried fire mobs, I killed 10 doom reapers on the way to mb from cycrow, not 1 tp there either.

Tommorow ill try the boss monsters, 120/120 storm bots or doom harbiner or something, and the decayed beasts in the i sectors, and cross my fingers. But it still doesnt justify not 1 tech in 30 wb kills.

Let me give KK a polite suggestion. You know this, fun = people stay, fun = more players. Killed 30 wbs and not geting 1 tech = no fun. Im not asking for 3 tps a wb, but would 1/5 be so hard? I dont want to hear any BS about "oh its bad luck" Killing 10 and no part is bad luck, 30 and no part is unacceptable.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 08:41
you may not want 3 techs a WB...but i do.

those were the great good ole FUN days.

you know...the days before everyone left

VetteroX
28-08-03, 08:44
well, id honestly want 10 tps a wb.... no joke. i want everyone to have a 4 slot of every rare, and only player skills determine pvp. but that wont happen. so im asking kk to please make a middle line between what is and what was.

Cyphor
28-08-03, 08:45
Think it must just be bad luck :( although i have heard rumours drop rates are dependant on time of week ie more at busy times, prob bs though. Lately ive found drop rates wierd, ive got 4 techs off the blood viper king one go then none for the next 8 o_O
Also i know people who take out about the sme amount of wbs as you one day and get very little and the next day can do the same and come away with 25+ rares :eek: The prob for me isnt that the rare drops are too little or too much its that they're too random :( hope you get more luck soon.

Mantus
28-08-03, 08:47
I was hunting warbots as a ** (two star) spy and was getting plenty of rares. About 1 in 3 mobs actually. Now i am a 30/40 tank and i was fighting firmobs and still getting about the same rare drops.

Though i must admit that i killed two 120/120 firemobs and got nothing from them while the 76/76 mobs dropped me quite a bit. But that’s some damn poor statistics there.

So there can only be two explanations.

1) You have VERY bad luck. I’ve killed 12 warbots before and got nil from them, but never 30 and nothing.

2) Being too low a level compared to the mob decreases the drop quality.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 08:53
i liked it when cs parts were 50-100k and in a OP war you could run across the ground and pick up 3 cs's

Original monk
28-08-03, 09:05
i usually hunt wb's with a riflespy (***/65) and i get techparts randomly also, veery randomly, 1 day i find techparts with the dozens, the other day i fight a whole day and get nuthing :/ i always use the same setup and my rank has not alot to do with it i noticed. its lik eyou say, 30 wb's nothing, tired of hunting, log in the other day and every wb has about 2 parts in it, sumthimes even 3 or 4 :confused: weird he, they have to increase it a littlebit i think, them droprates, so ya get atleast 1 part everytime, better a littlebit more then a littlebit to less i think :P

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:10
3 TECHS A WB AGAIN!!!

Disturbed021
28-08-03, 09:13
Originally posted by KidWithStick
you may not want 3 techs a WB...but i do.

those were the great good ole FUN days.

you know...the days before everyone left

How true!
Everyone started leaving shortly after they decreased teh rare drop rate...and other things like huge SL hits in Newb areas, Quickbelt drops, lack of content, etc...
I miss the days were there was ppl just about everywhere you went. Always ran into new ppl leveling, chit-chat for a bit, but not much ne more :(

As far as the Tech parts go, if I killed 30 WBs and got no techs I think I would Uninstall Neocron.
Did you kill them all in the same zone? Sometimes I'll kill like 4-5 in a row and get none. Zone to a dif zone and get 1 tech per WB for awhile. May just be coincidence but maybe not.

Marx
28-08-03, 09:15
Well, since KK made rares a neccesity for combat, I think its redundant to have dropped the rate in the first place, but *shrugs* thats just me.

I'd prefer a higher rate... especially with all the coming stuff like machina gloves which'll just add more junk to the pool.

But even if they don't. I'll still run the warbot treadmill.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:32
machina gloves

:confused:

Spy XX
28-08-03, 09:37
i think the drop rate is ok atm, where is the fun in hunting for techs when each wb drops three techs? I love this feeling and when i hacked a warbot and he had a tech, would be boring if this would happen everytime i hack one. Second point is: why to call them RARE Parts if they drop everytime, that would be common not rare.

Btw they still drop up to three (look here (http://www.informatik-paderborn.de/neocron/techs.JPG), found these 2 days ago).

I hunt wbs several times a week and i never (never!) had more than 8 wbs in a row without techs or lvl 3 imps.

Maybe you just got bad luck.

Originally posted by Marx
machina gloves

:confused:

There will be rare gloves for Tradeskillers with the next patch. Check Testserver Patch Notes for more infos

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:45
Originally posted by Spy XX
i think the drop rate is ok atm, where is the fun in hunting for techs when each wb drops three techs?

Btw they still drop up to three (look here (http://www.informatik-paderborn.de/neocron/techs.JPG), found these 2 days ago).

I hunt wbs several times a week and i never (never!) had more than 8 wbs in a row without techs or lvl 3 imps.

Maybe you just got bad luck.

im starting to think that alll the people who support the new droprate are the people who have 7 leaf clovers cramed up there ass's...they ALL say that they get good drop rates...just makes me wonder...

longest ive gone without a tech is 22 warbots... thats sad. and besides..back then you didnt always get 3 techs a WB...sometimes you didnt get anything...its just you almost always got atleast 1 tech.

this game is alot more fun when you can focus more on the PvPing and OP fightning rather than spending a month hunting for rares...

and believe me, alot of people left this game just because of the droprate alone.

whats a new player gonna do when hes ready for his first rare? buy one for 3 mill? yea ok... ive been playing this game since beta 4 and ive only gone over 4 mill for like...1 day..now i only have around 400k-1mill

cs parts going for 600-700k a part is insane. 4 million for a decent 2-3 slot CS is fuckin retarded...i dont care how rare its suppose to be.

i had alot more satisfaction when i went out for an hour and came back with 20 techs rather than 2.

Marx
28-08-03, 09:48
RARE Parts if they drop everytime, that would be common not rare

Yeah, but because of the way the weapons are structured those 'rares' are more a 'neccesity'.

IMO they should either up the rare rate a tad or introduce non-rare weapons of a higher stature than there are now.

Spy XX
28-08-03, 09:49
im starting to think that alll the people who support the new droprate are the people who have 7 leaf clovers cramed up there ass's...they ALL say that they get good drop rates...just makes me wonder...

longest ive gone without a tech is 22 warbots... thats sad. and besides..back then you didnt always get 3 techs a WB...sometimes you didnt get anything...its just you almost always got atleast 1 tech.

this game is alot more fun when you can focus more on the PvPing and OP fightning rather than spending a month hunting for rares...

and believe me, alot of people left this game just because of the droprate alone.

whats a new player gonna do when hes ready for his first rare? buy one for 3 mill? yea ok... ive been playing this game
since beta 4 and ive only gone over 4 mill for like...1 day..now i only have around 400k-1mill

cs parts going for 600-700k a part is insane. 4 million for a decent 2-3 slot CS is fuckin retarded...i dont care how rare its suppose to be.

i had alot more satisfaction when i went out for an hour and came back with 20 techs rather than 2.

I got a new word for you guys:

TRADING!

Try trading techs with other players before saying wbs don'T drop enough.

massic
28-08-03, 09:50
There's some nights I'll hunt for 3 or 4 hours, killing around 40 warbots and get only a couple rares. Then there's this morning where me an a buddy hunted for 4 hours and got 35 rares and 15 implants. Then tonight hunted for about an hour killed 14 warbots and got one rare.

Some days are better than others. I've noticed I get more rares in the morning than the evening, maybe just coincidence.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:50

TRADING!

Try trading techs without other players before saying wbs don'T drop enough.

YES!!! YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEMS...

NOW IF ONLY I COULD GET A FUCKIN TECH TO TRADE!!!1!!1!

Spy XX
28-08-03, 09:51
YES!!! YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEMS...

NOW IF ONLY I COULD GET A FUCKIN TECH TO TRADE!!!1!!1!

lol you said you get a tech every 30 wbs, trade it :D you only need a max of 7 techs for a rare.

Marx
28-08-03, 09:51

TRADING!

Try trading techs without other players before saying wbs don'T drop enough.

Try making someone trade you a PE part for a vein ripper part.

Gonna happen?

No.

shut up.

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 09:52
Originally posted by Marx
Try making someone trade you a PE part for a vein ripper part.

Gonna happen?

No.

shut up.

how bout a CS hull for a wyatt earp frame?

cmon its a great deal! :lol:

Disturbed021
28-08-03, 10:02
I have to agree that the Tech part drop rate should be slightly increased.
I wouldn't want to see a huge increase like a tech guarenteed for every WB. Maybe like a 10-20% chance or something. Right now I think it is 3% or so if the Loot table someone had was accurate.

3% is pretty damn low and with all of the rares that few ppl use, it takes forever to get the right pieces for a weapon that is a must have for anyone who wants to PvP really well.
And the slots are random so when you worked your ass off for weeks if not months to get the pieces for a zero slot whatever its not fun anymore.

It does become WORK, when you have to kill 50 WBs a night to get 10-20 tech parts out of a pool of 250+ that starts to become work. I mean at first ya its kinda kewl huntin WBs to see what you can get. But after a few weeks it really becomes a major chore.
Typically day of NC (for me neways) is login, talk to some peeps, level one of my lower level characters, then I got to get some rares so here I go hunting WBs again:rolleyes:
Then log and start over again the next day.

For those that have all your rares, kudos to you, but for ppl that haven't been around that long or that have multiple character classes this is a pain in the ass and a major timesink imo.

Rares should be rare yes, but they should not be as time consuming as they are now imo.

Cass
28-08-03, 10:03
Originally posted by VetteroX
well, id honestly want 10 tps a wb.... no joke. i want everyone to have a 4 slot of every rare, and only player skills determine pvp. but that wont happen. so im asking kk to please make a middle line between what is and what was.

I agree 100%.

Marx
28-08-03, 10:10
Rares should be rare

I agree with your post, but there's one thing which most people view that I disagree with alot, sorry to quote it from your post disturbed =D

Rares stop being rare the minute they become the standard.

So I think the term 'rares' for parts of weapons that everyone will need is particularly stupid.

like I said previously, if there were non-'rare' weapons out there that were close to the overall stats of a particular 'rare' weapon, but not exactly those stats... then there you go, Rares can be rare again, because you have a viable way to make sure that a person without a rare can fend fairly well with a person who does.

Rares were supposed to give an edge to PvP, though not guarantee 'teh win!1'.

Currently, they guarantee 'teh win!1'.

SorkZmok
28-08-03, 10:21
ITS JUST BAD LUCK FFS.

Deal with it!

Marx
28-08-03, 10:23
ITS JUST BAD LUCK FFS.

Deal with it!

there's no such thing as luck.

(puts on his smart hat)
The probability of you getting x number of tech parts is decided basely on a rather large number of probable...
(tosses his smart hat in the trash)

bah thats all bullshit anyway.

Normally I'd agree with you, but when you're hit with 'bad' luck all week, you just say 'fuck it' and do something else. which = bad for KK

:(

Disturbed021
28-08-03, 10:31
Yeah I kind of agree with you Marx. If the non-rare weapons could be bumbed up to say 100-105% Quality cap rares wouldn't matter nearly as much. They might give you a slight edge and a perty swirly but thats about it. Wouldn't make rares mandatory for PvP.

livide
28-08-03, 10:42
Hmm... what i would propose:

Just take sunday for example (u will need bout 10 hours or somethin)... try to find a good ppu to help you and kill some firemobs...

everyone who gets less than 100 parts a day is definetly doin somethin wrong

(sure it means a lot of hours killing the same mobs over and over, but as a sweet sideeffect u get tons of exp)

greEtZ livide

GT_Rince
28-08-03, 11:02
*sigh*

There is nothing that wrong with the drop rate - sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont...

Last night at Grant, within a space of 10 minutes, I killed a Persy, Chaser and DoomReaper - got 3 parts off the Persy, 1 part off the Chaser and 1 part and a Vehicle 10 off the DoomReaper.

Not too shabby :)

alig
28-08-03, 11:10
LoL.....aint read the whole thread but its pretty obvious wots being said....its bullshit tbh.... :(

About someone sayin certain times of the week....im beggining to think thats true, honestly.......on Saturday or Sunday me and my mate ppu was hunting all day....we got bang on 65 rare parts and roughly 25 - 30 imps (most lvl3 ones....in the past 4 - 5 hunts in sector F_13 ive found 3....YES 3 Filter Heart 2's).....it came to Monday, we did kinda the same but not for quite as long, roughly 15 rares and about 5 imps (was a FH2 in that tho but bleh!) thats crap......its a mystery :o

livide
28-08-03, 11:28
Originally posted by alig
LoL.....aint read the whole thread but its pretty obvious wots being said....its bullshit tbh.... :(

About someone sayin certain times of the week....im beggining to think thats true, honestly.......on Saturday or Sunday me and my mate ppu was hunting all day....we got bang on 65 rare parts and roughly 25 - 30 imps (most lvl3 ones....in the past 4 - 5 hunts in sector F_13 ive found 3....YES 3 Filter Heart 2's).....it came to Monday, we did kinda the same but not for quite as long, roughly 15 rares and about 5 imps (was a FH2 in that tho but bleh!) thats crap......its a mystery :o

yeah i already started wondering as well, if there is somethin like a weekend bonus
:)

(what i just saw.... 3 filter hearts 2... thats insane...... since im playing i've found exactyl ONE damn filter heart 2 out of a terror leaper.... and 4 chars are nearly capped.... imo its the only loot which needs some tweaking... :wtf: )

Benjie
28-08-03, 11:33
I want it to go back to the days when it was 50k a rare part. :)

Weazle
28-08-03, 12:10
Things in this thread has been said so many times :rolleyes:

Unless you have the time to be hunting for 3 hours plus every day, you're not going to get a lot of parts. Casual players would maybe spend a few hours every 2 or 3 days. When hunting "rares" is such a huge timesink, there isn't gonna be alot of rares on the market.

Now for a new person or a solo player, they aren't gonna afford the 200-500K per part that some are these parts are going for. Heck I've hardly been over 1 or 2 million NC myself. After trading a few rares here and there, I've found my account go down 1 million in a space of a few hours.

All those people that managed to accumulate the tech parts (this is what they should be called) before the nerfed drop rate earlier this year are well off now. My clan has over 400 parts collected from people leaving over the last 6 months. Unless a new/solo player is in a clan then they will be behind.

There is alot of demand for tech parts and people will either only trade a quality part for a quality part OR sell for ridiculous amounts of credits.

To all the people saying rares should be "rare" ... well you're voice was heard and as a result we have huge timesinks ala Everquest. Be glad that the rares you've collected pre-patch drop rate nerf are enough to sustain you while at the same time screwing the little people over.

I for one do not want to spend hours on end for little or no gain/fun. If you think that I'm a noob by the number of post then well you're mistaken, I've been playing for awhile.

Pre-patch I was having fun, I even stoppped playing Counter-Strike because this game was good ... after the patch, I was spending hours on end with almost nothing ehich made me go back to playing Counter-Strike for fun!

The other thing is I took a break from Neocron for a few months during which I played Planetside. I come back and try to get parts for new weapons I don't have like the Silent Hunter, its a fricking chore to spends hours doing it.

So I'd like say to all those people who say rares should be "rare", well they're really just tech parts to me and you can shove them up you ass for ruining what fun Neocron had to offer.

[EDIT] I've seen a few people taking a few weeks looking for a certain part before completing a "rare". I spent over a week advertising in trade, zone and local looking for the last part to my Disruptor so don't go on about that trading for parts crap. o_O

SigmaDraconis
28-08-03, 12:15

TRADING!

LONG LIVE POKE-CRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kain
28-08-03, 12:55
Umm,

In last few months I have slowly been changing my mind about the current rares drop. Bad now ownzz good.

I started playing in january, slowly leveling my Droner till I reached the point where it didnt take too long to solo a WB (about 15 mins on average, and 2 drones) and I loved the idea that I would get a rare for my 15 mins of work.

Then they "nerfed" the rares drop and I stopped playing the droner, many reasons but one was that my 15 mins of work for a rare turned into an average of 1 hour (4 - 6 wb per rare).

<shrug> I went away from farming, leveled many different characters etc.

Before coming back to the idea of running a rares trading business, both parts and as a auction house for "completes" about 3 months ago.

So two friends and I started farming, bear in mind we started with 0 rare parts.

So for the last 3 month we have on average spend 4 hours a night 6 days a week "farming" wb's. What started out as a great fun has unsurprisingly turned into work, believe me I live in a rural community I know how boring farming is (:P).

Its turned into "work" for a number of reasons, these are (imho) in descending importance:

1. The drop rate, this includes the nerf and the strange "cycles" that seem to happen. All the others are because (to a degree) of this one.

2. Repetiton, Doing the same thing over and over and over again for seeming little reward (I know this is my choice!!!).

3. Increases in the rare pool. Interesting one this since it is also a stimulus to find the new parts. The 1 in 250 chance of find in the part you are after is frustrating. So in about 300 hours of hunting we still have not found one of every part.

4. Simular to 3. This is the rares trade going on or lack of it (can only state Uranus as an example).
- In the 3 months I've been farming we have never found certain parts that are on our v.i.p. list. So as part of the original idea behind the clan setup was the Rares Trading (shortly after discovering that nobody wanted a made to order weaponsmith on Uranus).
I generally trade 3 - 4 parts a night and would like to trade even more. But the volume of trade on Uranus SUX ASS!!! as does some of the prices some people want (generally trade 1 for 1, dont like money trades cos I want to keep the parts flowing, but come on 300K for a First Love part !!!).
So what you tend to see is people on shouting for what they want, trying to pay money rather than trade their "rare" parts.

I do think there are some real limits to roleplaying here. We have even given up posting the rares list within the forum.

So raise the rare drop and clean it up if possible (there are many fine thread on that subject already).

It will stimulate the economy!!! It will certainly stimulate me!!

Come on KK STIMULATE ME!!! YEAH

Kain

P.s. as a side note to the "ownage" kiddies who think the trade channel is a medium for them crow on when they pawn some sleepin / AFK / brain dead muppet. FECK OFF, you is destroying trade as well. Most of the server only seem to turn on trade when they need something now. So bang goes the wider market....

Psyco Groupie
28-08-03, 13:15
http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/images/cron/droprate.jpg

:lol:

livide
28-08-03, 13:46
ehm why should KK increase the droprate just because u dont own EVERY single rare part?

its a personal problem which depends on how many hours u spent killing mobs,... (yes.. obviously also depends on which mob u kill, and which day it is :p)

imo rare drop rate is fine,... yes,... i would say it could be slightly DECREASED a lil bit - looks like exploiting if u come home and have 100 rares in ur inv every day of excessive hunting...

ericdraven
28-08-03, 13:49
Originally posted by livide
ehm why should KK increase the droprate just because u dont own EVERY single rare part?

its a personal problem which depends on how many hours u spent killing mobs,... (yes.. obviously also depends on which mob u kill, and which day it is :p)

imo rare drop rate is fine,... yes,... i would say it could be slightly DECREASED a lil bit - looks like exploiting if u come home and have 100 rares in ur inv every day of excessive hunting...

I second that. On our last big hunting session (with livide) we got 136 rare parts in ONE F***ING DAY - not enough?! :lol:

Shockwave
28-08-03, 13:53
Perhaps it's not a case of increasing or decreasing hte drop rates then, but more evening out the randomness of their dropping? Say, a flat rate of 1 per 80/80-110/110 (Parts or imps), and 2 per 110+/110+?
It can be VERY disheartening to drop 30+ WBs and not get a single rare or rare imp (It's happened to me too), but then there are the days when the first 8 mobs you drop give you 2-3 rares each...

Shock.

Morigan
28-08-03, 14:01
i think the problem is the game engine.

when 10 runner are in one zone you need 10 items so everyone get one if theres only 1 runner you just need 1 item.

i remember the times i got up to 8 rareparts when i killed a warbot with a tangent assault but it went down more and more as higher my rank went and thats the second problem i think.
As higher your rank as badder your loot.

I am not sure if its really that way or if i am wrong but thats what i noticed while the year i live in NC.

Morigan

P.S. The Main problem is that KK dont give such information like "Itemdrop depends on....." or "Slots depend on ......"

ericdraven
28-08-03, 14:09
Loot does not depend on the rank (as long as your rank is not higher than the mobs rank), otherwise i wouldn't have that many parts.

LTA
28-08-03, 14:10
Up it.

Not every player has a WHOLE day to hunt, not every player has ppus to help him, this maybe a team game but lots of ppl enjoy playing alone.

I say up the drop rate to its old status and change the qb drop thing back to the olden days..... at least then theres lots of parts floating about, full weapons and proll ythen the prices wont be so rediculous or the parts the people require to trade being silly (Tech of pe's Frames of SF/pc etc).

When i used to get ganked and lose a weapon it wouldnt worry me much because there'd be a high chance of getting a replacement within a few days (bit of hunting or trading) now i stand in plaza most days shouting for the same single parts which hardly anyone has because it dosent drop much.

Weazle
28-08-03, 14:11
Originally posted by ericdraven
I second that. On our last big hunting session (with livide) we got 136 rare parts in ONE F***ING DAY - not enough?! :lol:

If only I had time fit in one day of Neocron. Its shame that I have to work, go out and play music :rolleyes:

ericdraven
28-08-03, 14:14
Originally posted by Weazle
If only I had time fit in one day of Neocron. Its shame that I have to work, go out and play music :rolleyes:

Heh.. first it was a weekend (because yes, i work too), and second it was not a whole DAY, we played maybe 8-9 hours.

And LTA - 99% of the time i play alone and I never had problems to get a HUGE amount of rare parts.

LTA
28-08-03, 14:18
Heh.. first it was a weekend (because yes, i work too), and second it was not a whole DAY, we played maybe 8-9 hours.

And LTA - 99% of the time i play alone and I never had problems to get a HUGE amount of rare parts.

Well i used to hunt all day every day with my pure apu, First Decayed then onto grims and i would farm em by the shedloads on my quest to cap psi/int and i would walk away with about 6/7 techs a day.
Yes a FULL day as i have nothing to do in the day now since college finished and i dont have ajob lined up (yet), so the more i read these threads the more it seems to me like drop rates have "favoured" runners.
Those who always have 50+ parts a session etc, then i see many who get fcuk all, it's a boring long chore killing a grim to open it to find nothing.

ericdraven
28-08-03, 14:22
Originally posted by LTA
Those who always have 50+ parts a session etc, then i see many who get fcuk all, it's a boring long chore killing a grim to open it to find nothing.

Yes I got this impression too but I can't really explain it because i still think the drop is COMPLETELY random. o_O

LTA
28-08-03, 14:24
It's kinda poo that they took random to this level

livide
28-08-03, 14:34
i sometimes get the impression it also depends on how long it takes u to kill the mob...

but not sure bout that one,.. just an impression ;)

Weazle
28-08-03, 14:34
Eric I noticed that you're on Uranus.

Vetterox is on Saturn.

I'm on Pluto.

So your good luck in rares may be also server dependant.

Eric, you're way of saying that most of us should just go out there just hunt and you can end up with the same amount as you have is the same as someone in the Caribbean telling an Englishman to get more sun by just standing outside. Its not going to be the same when the conditions are different.

Morigan
28-08-03, 14:35
Ok you said the level of runner dont depend on the loot but how about that whenever i hunted in a team i got more rareparts (i normally was the hacker so i know what i talk about) its the easy rule that more runner need more loot to share so its fair. otherway a team would make no sense.

Morigan

Kain
28-08-03, 14:35
@ Livide, Um you talking to me? If so thank you for taking my long post taking one line and misquoting it..

Seem that human nature demand people always take this approach....

I was not demanding that KK increase the F-ing drop rate cos I have not got evey part !!!!!

. I was purely saying in about 300 hours (9 man weeks, ignoring the fact there were 3 of us) of rare part searching I we have not found every part due to the ever expanding rares table.

p.s. What timezone you on?

@Psyco Groupie - lol, I was talking to you last night when you were getting 3 rares per wb. At the same time I got 2 rares off 35 wb's. Which zone were you in ?

@Eric and a certain extent Livide - congratulations on your success. I mean it, no sarcasm, but maybe a little envy :p

But on average we get less than 25 rares per 4 hour session. We do play at prime uk / europe time, as small clan without transportation, oh and no apu to drop the wb in 10 sec's, so we tend to hunt around MB or E of Chester.

Oh apart for when I had a few days off and played in the morning uk time 08 - 1000 h when there were 70 people on the server, no one else in my zone. I got 25 parts in 1 hour!!!

Kain

Talios
28-08-03, 15:23
I dont know why everyone complains about the rare drop rates. I go out hunting Fire mobs and I probally get 1-2 rares every couple of mobs. I think its a pretty good drop rate. I tell people this and their like "woa your pretty lucky" am I?

Weazle
28-08-03, 15:54
Originally posted by Talios
I dont know why everyone complains about the rare drop rates. I go out hunting Fire mobs and I probally get 1-2 rares every couple of mobs. I think its a pretty good drop rate. I tell people this and their like "woa your pretty lucky" am I?

Well that's great if you're Twilight Guardian on Pluto then you're lucky. But I'm NEXT so I try to hunt fire mobs I need to travel halfway across the map over 6-10 zones. Cna I go to Gab min ... no its TG ... can I go to Tescom ... no its TG ... can I go to Syncon ... no cause its flaming TG. Nearly most of the OPs on Pluto are owned by enemy factions.

Half the server population of Pluto is locked out of hunting spots that some people take for granted.

That's right ... you are lucky to be in the right faction and have acces to good hunting spots.

ericdraven
28-08-03, 16:20
Well that's great if you're Twilight Guardian on Pluto then you're lucky. But I'm NEXT so I try to hunt fire mobs I need to travel halfway across the map over 6-10 zones. Cna I go to Gab min ... no its TG ... can I go to Tescom ... no its TG ... can I go to Syncon ... no cause its flaming TG. Nearly most of the OPs on Pluto are owned by enemy factions.

Half the server population of Pluto is locked out of hunting spots that some people take for granted.

That's right ... you are lucky to be in the right faction and have acces to good hunting spots.

hehe.. strange that i never encountered that problem altho i started in a city faction as well.
1) traveling accross the map - so what? Takes a few minutes and then you hunt for some hours. Of course if you die every five minutes or go hunting for 15 minutes then its not very useful.
2) Do you know that there are more level spots than CRP and Gaba and the few others you mentioned? ;)

Lucjan
28-08-03, 16:48
The problems isnt the drop rate of tech parts. The problem is that rare weapons are a requirement for PvP and "rare" and "requirement" just dont work together. This has been discussed over and over for months now. What we need are store weapons that are almost as good as rares.

ericdraven
28-08-03, 16:55
Originally posted by Lucjan
The problems isnt the drop rate of tech parts. The problem is that rare weapons are a requirement for PvP and "rare" and "requirement" just dont work together. This has been discussed over and over for months now. What we need are store weapons that are almost as good as rares.

Yeah, that's another story.. altho i don't know why many people want to remove the rares.. for me it's at least something i can still be after - collecting rare parts.. once you are capped there is not much more to do.
Luckily PvM is still entertaining for me (to a certain degree)..

BlackPrince
28-08-03, 17:01

Easy, go hunt WBTs near the MB, lots of good places to farm them around there. Go to El Farid and wait for the Queen. God forbid you have to take time to do it instead of instant gratification.

Scikar
28-08-03, 17:03
First, I find hunting in a zone with less people yields more techs. Makes sense really, KK's way fo encouraging people not to camp Cycrow et al (but who listens?).

Second, it's likely that vastly increasing the tech part (and yes they are tech parts, not rare parts) drop rate would have very bad effects on the economy, which is why I think it should go hand in hand with changing the belt and safeslot system so that weapons can be dropped on the ground in PvP. If rares (and that's just a game term really, the idea of making rares rare is flawed and is exactly what resulted in this current system) were much more easy to get hold of, people would be more willing to drop them.

Lucjan
28-08-03, 17:05
Yeah, that's another story.. altho i don't know why many people want to remove the rares.. for me it's at least something i can still be after - collecting rare parts.. once you are capped there is not much more to do.
Luckily PvM is still entertaining for me (to a certain degree)..

Nah, removing them would be the worst possible idea. They really do add to the game. We just need esp. guns and spells that are almost on the level of rare guns, like a TL 103 TPC that has _slightly_ lower damage and aim or RoF then a CS.
The difference between the TL 103 TPC and a CS should be really small. There is still a reason for having a CS, but if one dont want to spend endless hours on techpart hunting he dont need to.

The CPUs, slot enhancers etc. as well as the comming things like gloves arent really required. If someone wants them, he has to play the techpart game, but is it a choice, nothing we are forced to.

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 17:10

TRADING!

What will you trade with if they don't drop anything?

Anyhow vet that is one big reason that makes me not want to go to another server. However, can't you just trade money from pluto to saturn?

Also, to make PvP last longer and help eliminate the "need" for rares, maybe rares can do the same damage as store bought items, but just have special positive effects in addition to it?

Like the lib would give + to agility and athletics. Holy Lightning would give a 1 second stun effect, etc..........

Lev
28-08-03, 17:24
I think that they should definetly up the rare drop rate, I had a blast before when you would always get an imp and or part every wb, sure they weren't worth quite as much, but it was very satisfying to finisht he day with a whole bunch of parts, and is this a game or work? Its a game, so up the rare parts and let your paying customers have fun at it.

--Lev

Weazle
28-08-03, 17:25
hehe.. strange that i never encountered that problem altho i started in a city faction as well.

Since the new GR rules travel has been a bit screwy. :(

1) traveling accross the map - so what? Takes a few minutes and then you hunt for some hours. Of course if you die every five minutes or go hunting for 15 minutes then its not very useful.
2) Do you know that there are more level spots than CRP and Gaba and the few others you mentioned? ;) [/B]

Well the only places that I can GR to are the Military Base and Tech Haven. Most OPs on Pluto are owned by TG or neutral factions (like the Crackheads) which means I need to have a garage.

If I was levelling then there are lots of places to level but when your looking for tech parts then it becomes limited. If I go to El Farid then the Scorpian Queen is spawned at random times. MC5 I forgot about. Anyone know of any other places that has neutral GRs for hunting tech parts with a small team or solo?

Most of the time I want to spend about 30mins to an hour and come away with 1 or 2 tech parts for my effort. But with the randomness, I don't usually see one in that timeframe. :(

ericdraven
28-08-03, 17:40
Try vehicles, that new hoverbike is really great - and - FAST! :)

Cruzbroker
28-08-03, 18:17
Maybe the days and zone have something to do with the drops?
I was in gabanium, dropped 1-3 per brute/whore, the other day didn't drop any, I was there three days, the third day dropped 1-3 again.. They all dropped at the time 09-18, not a single one at 18-06... O_o

Once I killed 10+ Grims with a friend, not a single rare..
110+ mobs should drop always, specially if u r alone..

[Edit] Driving Glove +3 dex +20-40 VHC etc. only req would be DEX, wouldn't it be great? I want that in the game, u could get it from the driving school, ideas from the old thread..

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 21:28
i stoped reading after i saw this

"why should KK change the droprate because you dont own every tech part" (or somthing to that nature)

i dont want to own every tech part. i want to own enough to not have to worry about it, because after months of worrying you get paranoid, and just start to say fuck it. thats when people start leaving the game...when the fun runs out and you end up having to put in 10 hours a day to be able to get a gun built only to end up with 1 or no slots. it stops becoming "fun" and becomes work, work that most people dont want to do.

the game was ALOT funner back in then when you can get a rare in a week, and still be just a casual gamer.

when it didnt cost 3 million for a stupid POS CS that changes your ability to PvP so much

mdares
28-08-03, 21:50
yeah i started before the tech drop nerf and i must say it sux...

before the nerf i was collecting parts like mad and thats how i got my monk all the HLs and Apocs he needs (4 and 3, respectively, all slotted, all art).

but now, with the size of the pool and the low/unpredictable/random drop-rate, its too much of a chore to actually get the parts to a decent rare. (gee wanna trade me ur holy antibuff part for me... um... 0.9 slot enhancer part or a PoT?)

before classses started i hunted roughly 4 hours a day near tg/grant and at most would get 5 parts on a good day; on a bad day i'd get 1 part... thats 4 hours of nonstop killing chasers/pers/doomie/t.leapers... and all u get is barely anything...

well if its not going to be increased, at least shrink the pool or organize it so certain mobs drop certain tech parts so we can SORT OF determine wut we are going to get after a day's hard work.

Marx
28-08-03, 22:06
the game was ALOT funner back in then when you can get a rare in a week, and still be just a casual gamer.

when it didnt cost 3 million for a stupid POS CS that changes your ability to PvP so much

agreed.

either up the rate or make non-rare weapons that make rare weapons not needed in the sense they are now.

Weazle
29-08-03, 03:17
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Easy, go hunt WBTs near the MB, lots of good places to farm them around there. Go to El Farid and wait for the Queen. God forbid you have to take time to do it instead of instant gratification.

That's all I've been doing for the last 4 weeks is going to MB and then hunting WBs in J_02 or J_03 ...... and I still get bugger all o_O

El Farid ...... Most of the time I get there the Queen is either just been killed or waiting to be spawned. I don't want to wait an hour or two for the queen to spawn cause I could be doing something alot more useful during that time. :o

Mr Friendly
29-08-03, 03:44
take it back to one tp gauranteed in every WB:D

Drexel
29-08-03, 06:26
I havent played my Rifle Spy for a month now.

& I havent hunted for rares for that long either.

Reason, over a period of 1 week (bout 12 hours all up) I killed well over 60 Warbots & alot of fire mobs , & I got 3 tech parts.

Im really not interested in playing my spy ever again now, unless KK can promise that I will never waste another weeks play time for 3 rares.

This lack of parts IS hurting the game because rares are manditory not optional, now with some new rares comming into the game soon the rare pool is going to be further diluted.

And IF KK do adjust for the new rares I dont want it adjusted to current ratio's, it needs to be better.

I think a definate drop from any 100/100 + mob is required, & all other drops should be 1/3 minimum. Before my bad week I would say the drop rate on warbots was 1 in 6. (Not enuff)