PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found a viable PvP hybrid setup yet?

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 08:12
Anyone?

I tried to get a run/casting blessed shelter energy beam hyb going, but it wouldn't work. I tried holy energy halo, couldn't run/cast that either. The penalization is far too high, lol.

Anyhow, I feel that blessed shelter hybs NEED run/cast, simply because B shelter isn't strong enough to 'stand cast' for more than 2 seconds :p.

Zokk
28-08-03, 08:27
Mehirc Sonbaa is the only person that I remember fighting that has remained hybrid... and I've always been attacking him with lots of confusion going on, but from what I can remember he seemed to take a beating a dish out one as well.

So maybe ask him?

KidWithStick
28-08-03, 08:33
nah...burn in hell hybrids...

:lol:

Vampire222
28-08-03, 10:05
if u want a lovely hybrid, why the hell do u want ppu's removed :P

ericdraven
28-08-03, 12:04
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Anyhow, I feel that blessed shelter hybs NEED run/cast, simply because B shelter isn't strong enough to 'stand cast' for more than 2 seconds :p.
If you would spend more time ingame as on the forum :p then maybe you would recognize that there is a neat bug..

As everyone (should) know, you need about 500% to be able to runcast.
Now there is the bug - the progam obviously checks for the 500% BEFORE the hybrid-malus which lets a hybrid runcast even with only 300% on damage, heh..

But that's all i have to say about this topic, i don't want to spoil your search for a viable hybrid setup. ;)

Btw - why do you use that nick now? Do you also want to boost him up to 6000 posts? :p

hinch
28-08-03, 12:07
both me and deepthought have got some inventive setups

im a blessed using hl toating hybrid now perfectly viable in pvp for duels and the occational random nuking.

however completely useless in opwars :p

Omnituens
28-08-03, 14:00
Originally posted by hinch

im a blessed using hl toating hybrid now perfectly viable in pvp for duels and the occational random nuking.

i havent changed my setup since the nerf, i just got better spells built. as i dont go around attacking people, im ok.

hinch
28-08-03, 14:32
havent changed mine either just using blessed cos holy`s are worthless now :)

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 17:32
Originally posted by Zokk
Mehirc Sonbaa is the only person that I remember fighting that has remained hybrid... and I've always been attacking him with lots of confusion going on, but from what I can remember he seemed to take a beating a dish out one as well.

So maybe ask him?

Can't. He's one of those "OMG I GOT SUPAR SEKRET SETUP" people.

That's why I asked here so I dont' have to waste time hehehe.

Originally posted by ericdraven
If you would spend more time ingame as on the forum :p

Give me a break.

As everyone (should) know, you need about 500% to be able to runcast.
Now there is the bug - the progam obviously checks for the 500% BEFORE the hybrid-malus which lets a hybrid runcast even with only 300% on damage, heh..

I spent alot of time finding a hybrid setup. BY sheer lucky I haven't found this out. Sorry if I don't wanna spend 3028470237402347802378470234082348023 hours chewing loms just to experiment with different setups.

But that's all i have to say about this topic, i don't want to spoil your search for a viable hybrid setup. ;)

If you have anything to add then by all means please add. But if you're just the one of the "I know, but I won't tell you" people, then by all means leave the thread. ;)

Wow, is blessed shelter really enough to live through all the damage you recieve from being a turret?

And how can you be useless in op wars? You can damage boost and heal at least. :p

hinch
28-08-03, 17:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Wow, is blessed shelter really enough to live through all the damage you recieve from being a turret?

And how can you be useless in op wars? You can damage boost and heal at least. :p

depends what types of damage only way to live realisitcally

heal sanctum + constant normal heal which combined are about as good as a pure using a blessed heal so it should just be enough.

you still have a decent distance so turret isnt a huge issue unless your zerged when you kiss your ass good bye.

as for op wars damage boost and casting a soul cluster is about the only good thing i can do. o_O mind you i can still spam parashock down easy enough damage not required on that one :)
forget about healing anyone else if your still a hybrid your heals do less than a medpack :mad:

Rizzy
28-08-03, 18:12
Found a cool setup with blessed/holy halos :p completely overspec and have runcast halos and fast/strong heals. Huge psi pool too. However, it still sucks compared to pure ;)

DeepThought
28-08-03, 18:15
Hybrids dont work any more.

They can win duels still, but thats it.

/DT
(quit nc)

hinch
28-08-03, 18:19
Originally posted by Rizzy
Found a cool setup with blessed/holy halos :p completely overspec and have runcast halos and fast/strong heals. Huge psi pool too. However, it still sucks compared to pure ;)

that was my very first attempt about 3 mins after they patched. didnt like it

Originally posted by DeepThought
Hybrids dont work any more.

They can win duels still, but thats it.

/DT
(quit nc)

yes bitch i only just got told by nine that you`d quit he was asking me to think of ideas for getting you to stay as i said in another thread sometime last week i dont think the changes are for the better

btw isnt that my 3 slotted fire apo your using there? thought i leant it to you

DeepThought
28-08-03, 18:31
btw isnt that my 3 slotted fire apo your using there? thought i leant it to you

Heh ofc not, that one's from December when Nexus T. built me several 3slot ones :)

Going to try swg now, heard it has a completely player-based economic system where you cant buy chems etc from NPCs. Sounds like a good system in the long run.

/DT

hinch
28-08-03, 18:37
its abit on the boring side but anyway get hold of legion in swg darkjedi shold take you in if he kicks up a fuss i`ll pester him for you.

as for the FA mines a 3 slotted build by nexus t in december :) wonder if i got one of your left overs then either way its all arti so i aint complaiing now if only it was actually a usuable spell.

btw the price for your DS is offensive. im very tempted

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Rizzy

yuck, sounds balanced. :p

1 of the 2 reasons I lommed back from overpowered hybrid to apu, before, was because I could kill like 20x faster as apu lol.

Detritus
28-08-03, 19:33
...as for the FA mines a 3 slotted build by nexus t in december :)...

90% of all rares built in jupiter-tg around that time have a "constructed by nexus t."-tag on them :)

hinch
28-08-03, 19:50
Originally posted by Detritus
90% of all rares built in jupiter-tg around that time have a "constructed by nexus t."-tag on them :)

true btw you slack git when i fix my uranus char up i`ll be needing you to research loads of rares for me