PDA

View Full Version : Payne Killer.

Helen Angilley
28-08-03, 02:30
Max Payne: Hyped up, brainless crap? Or work of art?

Discuss.

Marx
28-08-03, 02:33
kickass plot and fairly artsy.

:D

enablerbr
28-08-03, 02:34
Max Payne was cool. yet again another game i completed in under 24hours realtime. only payne level (hehe) was the 2nd dream level.

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 02:37
Great plot, excellent voice acting, AWESOME atmosphere, and kick ass action.

The only problem with the game was the dream levels. :rolleyes:

Skinman
28-08-03, 02:39
Ahh Max Payne... the veteran game you always have to 'just have a quick look at' when you get a new vid card...

Plot probably wasn't the 'best' game plot ever, but the way it was presented to you was fresh and new.. and slow diving over tables while killing three goons with dual Berattas [sp] means I'm gonna' buy the sequel (if there is one)..

Helen Angilley
28-08-03, 02:40
Anyone know where I can get the Max Payne music from?

Arc:
Ah, that's the thing....what other games take the time to dedicate levels to nothing but the emotional pit your character is falling into?

It's like Half-Life...a terribly cliched plot told in an amazing way.

I loved the "goons" conversations as well. Heh...(Although one near the end made me feel guilty for killing a few of those "suits" :().

Skinman:
There will be a sequel. "The Fall of Max Payne".

Going by the concept art, it seems as if Mona plays a bigger part this time.

Marx
28-08-03, 02:42
the lastest something awful photoshop phriday was "Max Payneify the planet". was classy.

link (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1632)

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 02:43
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Although one near the end made me feel guilty for killing a few of those "suits" :().

Yep me too.

Anyone know where I can get the Max Payne music from?

Arc:
Ah, that's the thing....what other games take the time to dedicate levels to nothing but the emotional pit your character is falling into?

It should have been a cinematic sequence, or much easier. I thought it was great, but it was difficult ENOUGH to ponder whether or not I should keep playing.

Skinman:
There will be a sequel. "The Fall of Max Payne".

*drools*

enablerbr
28-08-03, 02:45
i don't like the make over they've done on max payne himself. i liked his orginal face.

Helen Angilley
28-08-03, 02:53
"Where's the detonator?"

"The what?"

"The deton-non-non-ator!"

"I thought you were supposed to bring it?"

*Gunshot. Body crumples to the floor. Sound of guy cheerfully whistling*

My personal favourite, though:

"AH! DIME! DIME! IT'S PAYNE!"

*Guy throws a grenade, it hits the doorframe and bounces back down towards him....BOOM!*

kurai
28-08-03, 03:24
Hrmmm.

It was novel only in that it was the first time a computer game had tried telling a story quite like this.

The actual plot and execution thereof was pure cornball. It was just a rehash of every bad straight-to-video cop flick you've ever seen. :D

Still - top marks for trying to do something different with an FPS.

enablerbr
28-08-03, 03:28
who voted "Failure! Utter crap through and through!" nuke that persons harddrive.:D

ZoneVortex
28-08-03, 03:29
Me never played Max Payne :eek:

Oath
28-08-03, 03:31
Hilarious, gotta love kung fu mode, never laughed so hard in my life.

wOOtage to the makers of it.

Oath.

Rizzy
28-08-03, 03:32
It was short but very very sweet. I hate it how developers think they need to cram in lots of gameplay just to justify the high price of games. Quality not quantity!

Psychoninja
28-08-03, 03:34
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Me never played Max Payne :eek:

Sry zone, I have to Disown you, get away from me :(

I got it the first week it came out, now that you mention it, I think I'll reinstall it on my new computer and play it again :D

cobrajay157
28-08-03, 04:01
FFS helen this is fucking neocron forum who fucking cares about max payne u fucking tard:eek: :eek: :eek:

Marx
28-08-03, 04:19
Originally posted by cobrajay157
FFS helen this is fucking neocron forum who fucking cares about max payne u fucking tard:eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe people who played it and want to expand on it?

Hell, what does it hurt?

Smugly
28-08-03, 06:55
Played, finished enjoyed, and couldn't then believe that they could get away with charging £40 for an Xbox version 8 months later.

Psychoninja
28-08-03, 06:59
Originally posted by Smugly
Played, finished enjoyed, and couldn't then believe that they could get away with charging £40 for an Xbox version 8 months later.

What I couldn't believe was how a 'minor' bought the game. I seriously don't know how I got away with that one, I guess the lady at the check out forgot or something :rolleyes:

Birkoff
28-08-03, 07:56
It was an OK gmae was way to easy.. completed it with out the bullet time till the minute mode thing...

Max Payne was NOTHING on Deus EX!!!111oneoneone

Whens the 2nd one comming out???!!!!

Shadow Dancer
28-08-03, 08:03
You completed it without bullet time? O_o
You missed out on the fun of bullet time then.

Anyhow I agree that Deus Ex>your soul

Birkoff
28-08-03, 08:08
Deus Ex > (Everyones soul on earth + infinity) * 2

There Was a lot a lot of talk about the 2nd one when i first joined NC and they said it was due out very soon.... Does this mean something is comming out later than DOY?

Mantus
28-08-03, 08:25
I liked everything about Max Payne accept for the simple fact that it was still a single player first person shooter. The plot couldn’t keep me interested in the repetitive gameplay. By the end of the second chapter the shootouts got boring. Stop motion was fun but it felt more like a cheat or something. Then again, maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for that type of game, perhaps I should dig it out of the closet and try it again.

Marx
28-08-03, 09:08
Max Payne was NOTHING on Deus EX!!!111oneoneone

w3rd.

no clue when the second is due out.

Cass
28-08-03, 09:54
Max Payne is the best game I ever downloaded a cracked copy of from Kazaa. No wait, that was that other guy.

Lethys
28-08-03, 10:39
Current release date for DE2 is Spring 2004 :(

Oath
28-08-03, 10:42
Originally posted by Cass
Max Payne is the best game I ever downloaded a cracked copy of from Kazaa. No wait, that was that other guy.

OMG OMG OMG KOS KOS Send the software certificatorzzzz round!!!! OMG Joo H4xor!!!

Joking of course, tht program has a shit load of nasty stuff on it lol

yet to find "Neocron h4x" lol when i do ill be sure to burn it.

Hell-demon
28-08-03, 15:25
Kung fu mod makes Max Payne even sweeter:angel:

It is soooo cool!

evs
28-08-03, 15:37
Max payne in 3 words:

Short, Easy, Repetetive.

HighRiseDrifter
28-08-03, 15:50
Originally posted by Marx
the lastest something awful photoshop phriday was "Max Payneify the planet". was classy.

link (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1632)

Damn, beat me to it! :D

Max Payne was an excellent game. Far too short but very good nonetheless.

The Kung Fu mod made the game more interesting.

Malek
28-08-03, 18:40
Max Payne had a great story line, the graphics were cool and the game play kept me fairly interested... downside... 12 hours. Beat it in one night.