PDA

View Full Version : Project: Live Runs (Discussion Thread)

d3ik
27-08-03, 20:31
I didn't want to post this in the stickied thread because it sounded like that was only for people who had a group to participate, but....

I do want to say 'good job' to Snow and the other GM's who are putting the Live Runs together. This is definitely a step in the right direction for Events. With this stuff and the zoo I'm beginning to think they 'care' or something ;) I need to make some friends so I can do a run...

Can I pretty much guess that everyone else thinks this is cool too?

t0tt3
27-08-03, 20:50
SnowCrash we love you!!!!!!!! This is what we all to bored capped players on Pluto wants. Some new cool futures so all dont quit :(

More of this and we maybe gonna get some more players on your servers :D

Keep it going woohoooo!!!!!!!!!!111111ONEONEONE

lullysing
27-08-03, 20:54
As stated in the other thread, here's the question :

Can i, as a single runner, take part in the live runs as one of the people they would have to meet? I would totally dig for example that they would have to meet <b>ME</b> as the shady hacker in outzone 5...

Penzius
27-08-03, 21:14
Originally posted by lullysing
As stated in the other thread, here's the question :

Can i, as a single runner, take part in the live runs as one of the people they would have to meet? I would totally dig for example that they would have to meet <b>ME</b> as the shady hacker in outzone 5...

Not initially, but we will definately involve players as "actors" later on - for sure.

viscious666
27-08-03, 21:14
anyone have screenies to pleasure me?

Arcadius
27-08-03, 21:20
I would love to participate, unfortunately they said no OOC talk. I wish they would elaborate on that. Does that mean I have to act in a certain "character" or "personality".

Progenitor
27-08-03, 21:23
Originally posted by Arcadius
I would love to participate, unfortunately they said no OOC talk. I wish they would elaborate on that. Does that mean I have to act in a certain "character" or "personality".

I assume they mean that it is just for the characters that are choosen to participate in that particular event.

They don't want the group of runners involving the whole server or to get outside help.

???

-p

Sleawer
27-08-03, 21:25
Originally posted by Penzius

Not initially, but we will definately involve players as "actors" later on - for sure.

This is awesome, if this happens let us know where to sign to act like actors and help the GM's as npc's.

d3ik
27-08-03, 21:25

I would think that means that you can't run up "Man, this event sucks. You GM's need to do better. Oh, and about PPU balance..."

I think that is what he's referring to. You would have to keep talk based on the mission at hand.

SnowCrash
27-08-03, 21:26
This simply means that you need some roleplaying skills to succeed in such a Run. The NPC playing GMs won´t react on "hey man i dont know how to go on, come one tell me..." and similar stuff. We want to have a complete roleplay atmosphere and OOC would only destroy this.

Penzius
27-08-03, 21:26

Quite simply, we want you to engage with the role as your runner, based on the situation you're placed in, we don't want you to talk about it as a setup or discussing irrelevant things.

We want you to roleplay, which is what it's all about.

SnowCrash
27-08-03, 21:28
^^^^^^ o_O :p

Arcadius
27-08-03, 21:28
Thanks for being a little more in-depth. :angel:

Penzius
27-08-03, 21:29
Originally posted by SnowCrash
^^^^^^ o_O :p

well at least we agree :lol: :P

SovKhan
27-08-03, 21:31
i love the idea and i thought the zoo event was fun. cept for people hacking belts and people shooting me when i was trying to rez people they didnt like... maybe if they do the zoo event again make it a warzone enviroment with lots of SL loss. a new zone maybe called an "event" zone or something.

Arcadius
27-08-03, 21:33
Originally posted by SovKhan
a new zone maybe called an "event" zone or something.

That's a great idea. Maybe everyone in this "event" zone has an LE effect. That way we can draw weapons and kill mobs, but PKing will be impossible.

FirestarXL
27-08-03, 21:37
Wow, this came out of the blue (for me anyway, guess the test didn't happen on pluto?). But a fantastic idea, and I'll definitely be taking part in these, great job guys, I really hope the momentum can be kept going on this.

:D

lullysing
27-08-03, 21:40
Considering i'm the only person i know that makes recordable datacubes with RP material on them, i'm prepared to wait until then. But DO contact me when it's time, you hear?

Dribble Joy
27-08-03, 21:44
Schweeet, I'm well up for this.

Merc for hire on Uranus :D

Glyc
27-08-03, 21:58
this idea's great guys

keep up the hard work

and i loved your zoo on pluto Penzius

zonk
27-08-03, 23:27
WTF did i miss? 8| 8| 8| 8| :eek: 8|

Q`alooaith
28-08-03, 00:36
This simply means that you need some roleplaying skills to succeed in such a Run. The NPC playing GMs won´t react on "hey man i dont know how to go on, come one tell me..." and similar stuff. We want to have a complete roleplay atmosphere and OOC would only destroy this.

Somones been listeening to a certain rant thread about how GM's are always OOC...... or somthing to that affect..... if not what a cowinky-dink...

anyway, sounds like a nice idea, could be fun to play a part in...

Might I suggest doing two runs at the same sort of times, where each group has opposing objectives, say ones trying to save Doc-X while the others are trying to kidnap him or somthing... you get the idea, so interaction, speed and some firepower are needed.. I dunno though, might be impractical, or totaly for that matter..

Helen Angilley
28-08-03, 00:39
Would seem a lot of people who applied are the same people who couldn't care less about Roleplay.

Hmm.

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 00:45
Oh my Crahn... I didnt hear anything about this until now! Fucking computer viruses. I would be DELIGHTED to take part in this, but until I know I can play Neocron regularly, then I can't in good consicence sign up :(((

I think many people would consider me very RP... I support NExT staunchly in my Heavyporker character on Pluto.. and I have been making a bit of headway in my other characters on Saturn.

Q`alooaith
28-08-03, 01:00
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Would seem a lot of people who applied are the same people who couldn't care less about Roleplay.

Hmm.

Some people who care about RP don't apply because they don't have time to RP properly anymore...

anyway, people want in on these since they are capped, bored, and want some "quick fun"...

Maybe they'll be converted to RPing, now that would make the game more fun....

Lord Mansion
28-08-03, 01:08
Nice project, good to see you guys get involved more.

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 01:37
yeah.. would be nice if we made more people "see the light"

And as to lullysing... you got any connections to NExT? I would have thought that we might have had some work done together.... I think I distinctly remember some nice hacks together ;)

perhaps when I get unfettered access to Neocron we can discuss some "business"... but what faction do you belong to now, lullysing? Because OZ5 doesnt sound like the place that city faction runners like to frequent...

in fact, city runners dont frequent that place because they dont get to frequent it, if you know what I mean...

Delmann
28-08-03, 02:37
This is the kind of thing I would absolutely love to do--both as a Runner, and, as Lullysing suggested, as a character helping out. However...since regular play-times are almost impossible for me, all I can do is post things like, 'Great idea!' and 'You go, Snowcrash!' and, 'Dammit, why can't I find a regular ^%$@ing play time?!?'

So, support and kudos--and you never know, Helen. Maybe we can find a few converts in those just signing up out of boredom. It's always worth a try ;)

D

lullysing
28-08-03, 02:51
Originally posted by Heavyporker
perhaps when I get unfettered access to Neocron we can discuss some "business"... but what faction do you belong to now, lullysing? Because OZ5 doesnt sound like the place that city faction runners like to frequent...

in fact, city runners dont frequent that place because they dont get to frequent it, if you know what I mean...

I'm currently playing out of a cybercafe where i got NC installed amongs with several spyware killers.

I currently have no faction. Frankly, the current situation suits me fine since people can't read me, and it suits my anarchistic streak . The thing with next is, i really like the rides, but they are big fat marks when it comes to the City Administration.

Outzone sector 5 is not your run-of-the-mill place, and unless i fucked it up again in my head, it's the almighty place known as the bat-sector. Trust me, it takes someone dedicated to go thru all those pests so they can get to the hacker at the end of the place, just doing a little bit of practice to keep in shape... understand?

As for Oz in general, i kinda setup my warehouse/safehouse somewhere in the place. If it hits the fan, rest assured that Jujuwalker Clancy, just like any other hacker ( system administrator ) worth his salt, <b> ALWAYS has a backup plan. </b>

Delmann
28-08-03, 03:00
...rest assured that Jujuwalker Clancy, just like any other hacker ( system administrator ) worth his salt, <b> ALWAYS has a backup plan. </b>

Oh, man. I gotta mock that quote, if only because I am equally mockable for recognizing it. Mock, mock, mock. I guess Jujuwalker Clancy stumbled accross some old web archives, and took them to heart...

:lol:

D

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 03:11
oh fuck, juju, don't mention the bats in that place!

fuck... I swear that place would drive batman nuts into batphobia...

That and the sewer water dripping all over...

I *HATE* navigating that place.

Oh, another problem I have with OZ sector 5 is that many doors don't work :( , that and so many fenced off areas.

You know what I mean, lullysing?

lullysing
28-08-03, 03:12
Originally posted by Delmann
Oh, man. I gotta mock that quote, if only because I am equally mockable for recognizing it. Mock, mock, mock. I guess Jujuwalker Clancy stumbled accross some old web archives, and took them to heart...

D

Being a Linux junior administrator/PFY in real life, i found it tends to translate well into this game for some reason. Anyways, for people not getting wtf we are talking about, here's an example of what we're saying by talking shop about "always having a backup plan"...

http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=365

lullysing
28-08-03, 03:17
Originally posted by Heavyporker
oh fuck, juju, don't mention the bats in that place!
fuck... I swear that place would drive batman nuts into batphobia...That and the sewer water dripping all over...

I *HATE* navigating that place.

Oh, another problem I have with OZ sector 5 is that many doors don't work :( , that and so many fenced off areas.

You know what I mean, lullysing?

What, you think i would receive them in a strip club or something? Naaahh.... you want some hardcore action, you get into ma hood yo. And i wish we could open the doors, damn right. I stole some looks inside, and some of those abandoned oz5 shops have all kinds of furniture inside man.

If you gonna play the part of "That crazy ass underground hacker", well you gotta have the REQUIRED setting man. It's all about the correct setting man. And the fact that people are seriously going to go for the "he who gets the short straw will go see the crazy mofo hacker, cuz i ain't getting in there" is simply a stroke of magnificent torture and comedy-gold-in-waiting

Heavyporker
28-08-03, 09:58
well, then, lullysing, if you ever make me come to your hood, don't be suprised to see lightning dance through the streets, plague wafting through the windows, and flame licking the walls.

I do NOT like being buffetted about by fifty tiny bats while I attempt to navigate shattered pavement by inching along crumbling walls and exposed steel beams, all the while trying not to fall into liquid so contaminated that it no longer fits the definition of water.

So if I ever have to go into your hood, expect property damage. And just what kind of furniture is in those places? I want desks like what I saw in some spots deep down in the main sewers... now thats styling!

Hell-demon
28-08-03, 12:07
Role playing!

Wahoo I kick ass. Ive role played all sorts of stuff (schizophrenia being one of them). Im getin bored of Neocron, and these events should lighten Neocrack up.

Well better get leveling......:rolleyes:

Sorontar
28-08-03, 12:16
This is just what I was hoping to see from the future of this game ,Shadowrun was one of my favourite games for this very reason.

And the dual run idea with possible opposing objectives or linked objectives would be good.

In my table-top D&D game we had two groups running at the same time in the same world. We never actually got them to meet but they heard news about each other and missed each other by about 4 days at one point. It made both games feel 'alive'.

Playing in NCPD Precinct 1 , I wouldn't mind a murder investigation etc. to make us feel like the cops we are trying to RP. But I could set that up I suppose for the other members of the group, with datacube drops as evidence etc.

Hardcore-Evil
28-08-03, 13:33
Originally posted by FirestarXL
... guess the test didn't happen on pluto? ...
The Live (Test-)-Run was on Jupiter. That's the complete story about this fantastic Run: [RUN] Kein einfacher Strassenjob (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73274) (german).

This full story will be translated in english and will be addet into the coming NeMa4. Enjoy :)

Perhaps, if the runs starts and most of us (players) write stories about those runs, i like to start a new projekt (with help from you players) like NeMa. Perhaps NeRu (Neocron Runs)?!

Ok, let's wait.

Judge
30-08-03, 11:46
Being a Linux junior administrator/PFY in real life, i found it tends to translate well into this game for some reason. Anyways, for people not getting wtf we are talking about, here's an example of what we're saying by talking shop about "always having a backup plan"...

http://www.gamespy.com/dailyvictim/index.asp?id=365

Oh man thats hilarious.

Anyway, I'm not going to sign up for the runs yet as its gonna be school again in a few days...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

...so I won't be able to log on as much as with such regularity. =/

Heavyporker
30-08-03, 16:26
any date on the next run?

\\Fényx//
30-08-03, 21:03
I was asked lastnight to take part in one of the run's on pluto. kinda all shady to start off with, some random guy contact's you and ask's you to get a team together then meet him alone somewhere for further details.

Anyway to cut it short we had to track down a scientist, but none of us knew where she was. All we had was one eye witness that we had to track down then get some information out of him ^^ (stupid drunk CM ''war heroes'' :rolleyes::D ) and then go from ''player NPC' to ''player NPC'' and talk to each of them to track down the scientist.
This aws all done by KillerBunneh who did a great job, the team I had was made from NDA and SS guy's and damn we woulda had a bad time if we didnt have 2 PPU's with us ;)

Overall it was good, lasted nearly 2 hours as it took us all over the map.

I wouldnt mind getting more involved in these ;)

:)

Nidhogg
31-08-03, 00:17
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
This aws all done by KillerBunneh who did a great jobThere were quite a few people involved in that run :p

N

\\Fényx//
31-08-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Nidhogg
There were quite a few people involved in that run :p

N

dont tell me you were the drunken bastid of a city mercs war hero :lol: damn melee tanks rofl

Rai Wong
02-09-03, 23:58
Did the Uranus run, and it was very impressive neocron is much more interesting like that, if only I did it every day. I love the GM who played the drugged idiot. It was really good though the crashes and fatal errors caught some of us, and some died when running through pepper park. I was going to take many screenshots but it was too exciting especially the ending when you drive to regeant was a beatifull one, I got too excited I forgot to take the screenies.

SnowCrash
04-09-03, 14:29
Severals runs took place so far and we are satisifed with the process. The runners that took part reacted very well on the roleplay and successfully finished their jobs.

As soon as the Gamemasters are trained properly, they will host own live runs where we recruit players from the community for the NPC characters.

hinch
04-09-03, 14:48
roar count me in can i be a marshmellow

\\Fényx//
04-09-03, 14:53
Severals runs took place so far and we are satisifed with the process. The runners that took part reacted very well on the roleplay and successfully finished their jobs.

As soon as the Gamemasters are trained properly, they will host own live runs where we recruit players from the community for the NPC characters.

^^ ill help whenever ^^

Heavyporker
07-09-03, 18:11
Damn... I can't wait... still trying to shake off this damn virus...

But then, I will be open to being a part of a Run, whenther it be part of the team doing the mission or being a "NPC".

MAFIA-Biggin
26-09-03, 05:53
THIS IS THE BEST DAMN IDEA IVE EVER HEARD!

it would form its own storyline instead of all being NPC written
you could give a faction something needed for that run and they could sell it or trade it or whatever but in game relations would add conditions and twists

Plus this might inspire people to hang out in their respective HQ areas... you could add a zone restriction to the item for that faction that holds it for the RP... so they can get the item in that item but if they leave it disapears... then once traded that zone req doosnt apply (i know thats almost imposible to code but something along these lines) so that you get clans or whole factions guarding these areas from attack so the runs can continue(an idea would be to give that faction a bonus every time that run is completed... so they have a reason to RP and not just hold them for themselves)

paolo escobar
05-10-03, 17:33
give me a shout when and if the time come that you want some runners to play as npc's for ur events and runs. this would be soo cool and i would really be into the RP thing. just tell me what i gotta do and send me out there.