PDA

View Full Version : Your Luckiest Finds

Cyphor (Ash)
27-08-03, 18:44
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any things that they found by sheer accident, which turned out to be something you really wanted? I'm bringing this up because I found a Viarosso 3 apartment, Which happened to be what I've been saving up for for ages. This wasn't one of those event drops, I think it was someone leaving. It's also in a excellent place - Just coming up from the subway - And the cabinets were crammed full of food, and there was even a Cityadmin clan key, which I promptly threw into P1 and was snagged by Vampire222. Anyone got any cool things that they just found lying around?

darkservent
27-08-03, 18:46
TL150 research TOOL in a Box in P3 next to HEW. Cryton qual!!

KimmyG
27-08-03, 18:49
Way back I killed teh bat queen and got 8 rares. Wish I didn't lose my screen nothing is more tasteful than open a corpse to see the window full of rares.

Benjie
27-08-03, 18:49
10 Heal Spells in a box outside neofrag! 3 had a slot!!!!! (Strangely enough the slot was filled on all 3 occasions)

Um. Found 2 CS parts in 2 hours once.

Original monk
27-08-03, 18:52
a 2 slot cursed soul that a spy dropped in front of my nose at medicare plaza 1 (saturn,retail) he wasnt leaving or anything, he yust said 1,2,3 i gonna drop a cs and i was suprised he actually did: a 2 slot cs artifact damage, with a barrel and x-ray mod on it, condition 120/120 i still dont get it, he would of gotten more from it when he sold it to yo's lol

edit: i traded the cs for the last part of DS that i was lookin for for ages :P

VictorKruger
27-08-03, 18:58
i just recently found a crahn antishield in a psibox in TH

Malek
27-08-03, 19:15
In Beta4 days during the "everyone was duping and had insane amounts of cash", I found a pile of 300 illegal slot enhancers.

My luckiest find today was a medkit when I was at 8 health.

HellHound
27-08-03, 19:15
Found a Chaos Queen Flameavalanche in one of the crates next to Yo's. I was new, I thought "I've heard about this, it's rare!". I got wise, I thought "Yes, it's a rare piece of shit". ;)

Mantus
27-08-03, 19:21
I got two E parts and a T part off a Warbot about a week ago. Ah it reminded me of the good old days when one can fill a cabinet with rares in an hour.

Tregard
27-08-03, 19:24
Someone threw a 2 slot First Love into P1 which I grabbed *VERY* quickly :D

JiNxY
27-08-03, 19:27
while hunting in J_02 one day
i thought hmm no WB's about i'll just hack this ammo box, for no reason at all, i just will... and it was litterally packed with rare parts, im guessing somebody was keeping them in there then got killed or something

icarium
27-08-03, 19:37
walking through OZ middle of nowhere and i mean middle of nowhere dont even thin kthere was an op in zone, found a belt hacked it and got a 2 slot electric tempest lol, gave it to my tank :D

Original monk
27-08-03, 19:46
Originally posted by Malek
My luckiest find was a medkit when I was at 8 health.

ty malek this wil be my new sig for a while now when its ok with you ffcourse ... :P

i gonna use the whole post i think :P

Otto
27-08-03, 19:51
Some time ago I found 4 Diamond Epic Storage cell keys in a trashbin in Plaza 1, non-activated :-)
Another time I found 14 Viper King Armor in a box at Graves.

Lucky Sparks
27-08-03, 19:55
I found some viper king armor in the crate at yos in pl 2 .. hmm weird place to find it :confused:

CryptoChronic
27-08-03, 20:10
i dropped a 4 slot holy lightning in plaza 1 by accident once... whoever picked it up must of been happy :(

Benjie
27-08-03, 20:13
Once I gave 1 million credits to a total noob.

Original monk
27-08-03, 20:15
Once i received 1 mill credits from a total noob.

Mr Friendly
27-08-03, 20:20
i found 500 TL 150 salvage tools some guy just through down right outside crytons :P
........jah, beta 4 =)

Fawkes
27-08-03, 20:27
Not anything special like a CS or something, but:
- tech part near plaza 1 gogo
- two viperking vests in the middle of nowhere in the desert
- liberator someone was throwing from the medicare roof
- some MB apartment at the same occasion
- 4 slot tangent gatlin cannon from a belt I hacked
- 4 slot tagent freezer cannon from another belt I hacked
- the two weapons mentioned above + a 3 slots liberator duped due to server bugs

Probably got some more cool stuff, but that's all I can remember.

OTIS
27-08-03, 20:36
when i was n00b and started me pistols pe... i was STUCK on the fact that peeps actually use and put things in boxes so i checked all the ones i came across...being a n00b and low on cash i would constanly check the old bags in p2 in yos for 8mm ammo. Well one day i was like well look at all this ammo ive gotten in bags, think of whats in teh boxes! I check a few and find 2 n00b pistols alrdy remade with slots an auto and an uzi. Yes yes, i was a happy n00b.:p

Marx
27-08-03, 21:02
I found my mom when I got lost in the mall back when I was a n00b.

I was so teh lucky.

viscious666
27-08-03, 21:05
2 slotted Holy Lightning, i sold it for 2 mil. ^_^

Lucky Sparks
27-08-03, 22:01
Originally posted by Marx
I found my mom when I got lost in the mall back when I was a n00b.

I was so teh lucky.

i found yer mom too marx .. and im actually teh lucky

icarium
27-08-03, 22:21
Originally posted by Original monk
Once i received 1 mill credits from a total noob.

lol that has got to be the wittiest thing i have ever seen on a forum, well done lol (and i am laughing)

hnlecter
27-08-03, 22:34
This isn't what I found but a clan mate of mine found an MC5 part in gogo garbage of what people usually consider useless shit. (This was back when the glass was there).

Birkoff
27-08-03, 23:11
I found a 4 slot holy lightning in plaza once.... *ahem*

Nah only thing i found is 3 slot truesite santum in a box in CRP... bad thing was that i had just left it there with my alt

Marx
27-08-03, 23:18
i found yer mom too marx .. and im actually teh lucky

Wow, strike one up for the fat fetish crew.

o_O

Birkoff
27-08-03, 23:19
Is that really something to be happy about? (never seen your mom, i cant comment) :)

Malek
28-08-03, 07:15
ty malek this wil be my new sig for a while now when its ok with you ffcourse ... :P

i gonna use the whole post i think :P

I feel the love.

ZoneVortex
28-08-03, 07:27
I feel the love.

<3

I'm very unlucky and never find anything anywhere. Damnit!

WAIT! Actually! This is still my most vivid memory of beta 4. Oh man, I grin just thinking of it. Fucking good times my friends.

Ok, it's like my...3rd? 4th? day of being in beta 4. It was the first week of beta 4 so I didn't know what to expect at all. Here I am, just this total complete noob pistol/rifle/whatever else i had points invested into spy wandering through plaza 1. Well you see, back in those days, Yo's in plaza 1 was the "Medicare" today. All business was conducted in front of there.

So I'm strolling, and just out of curiosity I go up to he garbage can in front of Yo's and look inside of it. To my absolute thrilled amazement there's a 2 slotter Ryker laser pistol (Or whatever that low end 15 or something dex one is, or that used to be the req on it atleast). You don't even know how insanely amazed I was! I couldn't figure out how I could use it or why I couldn't use it so I gave it to a friend I had back then and he fuckin' pwned those spiders in the OZ with it while I tagged along with my nailgun. Ahhh shit such fun times.

CR@SH
28-08-03, 07:43
A long time ago back in the E.O.B days me and nightwing had been hunting and powerlvling for about a week or two. Well we took all of our stuff from the graves, warbots, chaos queen, shaman, and crystal caves. And dumped them out in plaza 1 for all the noobs to fight over. If i had to guess i would say it was about 30-50 VK armors, 50 or more rares, 4 or 5 sets of bat queen imps, and probably 10-20 flame avalanche's

Birkoff
28-08-03, 07:45
Found a 2 alot PE in the CRP caves once.... was just lying there...

The whole group had moved on and i was on my way out so it had to be picked up :)

Totally forgot about it till it came up in a convo earlier

ZoneVortex
28-08-03, 07:50
How does one totally forget about the 2 slot PE he finds on the ground! =O

Birkoff
28-08-03, 07:52
I thought that also... i gave it to a friend who needed a PE n e way.... i don't know who has it now b/c they rerolled....

Wish more people were like that jsut before i came aroudn the corner :)

Marx
28-08-03, 09:12
it'll turn up someplace, hell its bound to be the only 76/76 PE on pluto, lol

Sanctus
28-08-03, 09:24
hmm, found a crapload of spell in an outpost box. sold them at yo's for +10K each. (there were about 25)

and found a crapload of grenade launchers (different classes) in point red once.. sold those 2

Original monk
28-08-03, 09:38
I feel the love.

So i take this as a yes :P cool

Btw zonevortex, i want that yo's turns back to what medicare now is, back then yo's was very important for the researchers to sell there cubes to, i suggest KK to let yo's buy cubes again for a small amount of cash :P
It was ubber cool back then:

+selling 200 chittins for 100k @ yo's+
+selling 200 chittins for 100k @ yo's+

daamn good old times, chittins where super-important back then :P to level all them monks there dex etc :P

massic
28-08-03, 09:45
Found an Artifact 120/120 Motoric 3 once in a box in plaza 3.

X Kitty X
28-08-03, 09:50
A Plaza Level 3 Appartment found in the sea.

alig
28-08-03, 13:25
Found out most NPC's gank u off money :(

I also found a 4 free slot moonie, 3 free slot DG, 1 slot CS, zerk3 when someone left :D, marines *which WAS a bug and it just duped into my GoGu....somehow(happen again PWEASE!!!)*

When i was around rank 30 and was a total n00blet i found a key to Rhino V2 Tank thingy.....no shit, i was WELL overwhelmed and then found out it was destroyed:( :o

NeoLojik
28-08-03, 13:36
Not really a lucky find, but a lucky thing happened to me about a week ago.

I was walking past some Y-Reps stealthed and my stealth wore off. Doh! I died and my Special Forces fell out. It was previously 5/120 and falling out SHOULD have wrecked it, but it didnt!

I reclaimed my backpack and there it was, at full, unscratched, 120/120 quality!

Luckiest bug I ever had w00t!

mystery8
28-08-03, 22:52
A few days after I started playing on Uranus (back in January) I was running past the boxes in Plaza 3 near the HEW & GoGo and for some inexplicable reason decided to check them. I found 8 unidentified rare parts inside. The parts turned out to be pieces of a Cursed Soul, Pain Easer, Doom Beamer, among others.

At some point I also found a Speedbike, TG apartment (empty tho - but I considered it nifty still), and a STORM Laser. I also found a "TL150" Hacking Tool along with quality 120/120 TL150 Repair and Remote Repair Tools laying on the ground in Via Rosso 2. The TL150 tool requires TL120 skill to operate I think.

Back in Beta 4 I had even more luck. A friend and I were talking about how freaky it'd be playing on Neptune (this was after they shutdown the Pluto Beta) having to start from scratch. So I'm roaming through Pepper Park 3 scouring boxes for recyclable junk and I come across someone's stash of cash cubes totaling 17 million credits. So much for having to start from scratch :D But then they wiped the server like a week after that so.. easy come easy go :lol:

FBI
28-08-03, 22:58
a 2 slot cursed soul that a spy dropped in front of my nose at medicare plaza 1 (saturn,retail) he wasnt leaving or anything, he yust said 1,2,3 i gonna drop a cs and i was suprised he actually did: a 2 slot cs artifact damage, with a barrel and x-ray mod on it, condition 120/120 i still dont get it, he would of gotten more from it when he sold it to yo's lol

edit: i traded the cs for the last part of DS that i was lookin for for ages :P .

with those mods i'd throw it on the ground too.

SilentGravity
29-08-03, 01:13
I found a PSI Core, a PSI Controller 3 (and this was back during they had there "winter break" when no level 3's were dropping for atleast a month and they were selling for 1 milloin+), and a crappy zero slot Holy parashock and a crappy zero slot Holy Lightning all in a garbage can ;)

Well it was a GM event..but still...

Kikyo
29-08-03, 01:58
someone dropped a proto resitor and i hacked a 2 slot moonie off of a belt :P

Tratos
29-08-03, 02:13
Originally posted by alig
When i was around rank 30 and was a total n00blet i found a key to Rhino V2 Tank thingy.....no shit, i was WELL overwhelmed and then found out it was destroyed:( :o

Was this on Uranus? and did you drop it out of a gogu, cos i think i found that key and i was thinking OMFG this is cool, then i to found out it was destroyed, lol i think i still got it in my app somewhere wasting cab space hehehe :D :D

~T

Eledhbrant
19-11-03, 18:30
*standing in p1*
*sound of copbot plasma*
*turns around to see corpse*
*hax*
oooh 3 slot moonie among various exp bones

My friends have had better luck.
They go into the aggies and a high level enemy apu is there, sees them and tries to barrel them, in the process kills a pile of noobs causing his SL to go red and ALSO dies from his own barrel.

*hax* Mmm multiple slotted rares

Serpent
19-11-03, 19:49
Originally posted by viscious666
2 slotted Holy Lightning, i sold it for 2 mil. ^_^

yeah....to my friend :rolleyes:

greets
serp

(if you didn't see me anytime in the english forum..... i'm a german and suxx in english...:D)

found: 4rare parts in a grim

Drake6k
19-11-03, 19:58
I just found a riggers part on the ramp up in plaza 2. :)

Got a ton of viper king armors and some holy spirit armor in a crate outside graves. (left the VK armors lol)

superfresh
19-11-03, 20:31
Do bugs count? I went to my gogo once as a noob PE and it had a Holy lightning and 4 Psi Ultima parts in it. My Lazar rifle was gone but I got over it...

dr.fish
19-11-03, 21:03
yep i found a artefact ray of god once in my inventory after a zone, and all a capped pe's equipment with it. At first i was like damn, this will leave next zone i go thourgh;must put it in gogu, and it is still there :)

I noticed it cuz i was suddendly overloaded :P

Phiberdelic
19-11-03, 21:08
This thread in istself is a rare find...I thought theres a rule about bringing up 2 month old threads?

zAo
19-11-03, 21:10
i found a moveon in a box at crp once ahahah

i got a larent energy barrel - for sale - saturn :)

hacked titan armor from this dudes belt - he was mad

and a pp resistor chip appeared in my gogo. o_O kinda weird

i guess ive been lucky :P

superfresh
19-11-03, 21:24
Oooo I forgot one. Saturn once crashed and everyone in the Plaza was furious because stuff was missing from their inventory. Sure enough my TL 150 repair tool was gone. At first I was all cranky, but then noticed it had turned into 3 MOVEON chips...

Darth Slayer
19-11-03, 21:32
I sold a 3 slot Devils Grace for 1.5 million.
Thats about the luckiest thing to happen to meh.......:eek:

El Barto
19-11-03, 21:37
2 E rares on the floor by the ASG at the MB

Sorin
19-11-03, 21:49
:lol: Damn, I used to put stuff in boxes all the time, until a friend and I start sharing accounts, so now I just log both accounts and transfer my stuff between our characters.

I used to store tech parts in large amounts in boxes so I could switch to a research to research them. Thankfully I never lost them to some fucker randomly checking boxes. I've also used boxes in the past to trade rare weapons and implants between my alts. Reading here how an alarming number of people check boxes, seems I've been lucky.

Worst and only thing I ever lost was a stack of 140 8mm uranium uzi clips that my monk cloned for my noob PE. I was using boxes at Yo's (where aforementioned rare weapons and chips have been traded in the past) to transfer the ammo when some PA spy, being a complete nooblet with an LE in, came by and started checking boxes. I DMed him asking if he had taken them (I knew he did), and he ignored me. Instead just hovered around the Yo's periodically checking boxes waiting for me to put stuff in there. Fag. If only we had writeable data cubes, I would have written some kind of message to piss him off, then put it in a box for him to find. :D Anyways, if he ever takes his LE out he's KOS until he returns my damn ammo! It's a damn good thing it was cloned and not bought, so no wasted money. Hopefully I tradeskill for him, because then I will demand not a tip, but a payment of 140 clips of 8mm uranium uzi ammo. :lol:

iainy13
19-11-03, 21:51
some1 was leavin an i grabbed a
5 slot speedgun
5 slot stabber pulselazer
some tank pa
an something else i forgot what it was

once i went in gogo an found
3 slotted beam of hell wich i traded for a 2 slot lib
some hard 2 find imps includin batqueen
viper armour
some tech parts

luckiest times i can remember right now.

DarkPhoenix
19-11-03, 22:11
Retail: A Boc full of 3 Slot SpeedGats (4 total)

Beta 4: A box full of 1 billion credit cashcubes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I hacked a 5 Slot Holy Shelter off a belt in the middle of PP1... Was lucky noone else got to it... :D

Sigma
19-11-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
*standing in p1*
*sound of copbot plasma*
*turns around to see corpse*
*hax*
oooh 3 slot moonie among various exp bones

My friends have had better luck.
They go into the aggies and a high level enemy apu is there, sees them and tries to barrel them, in the process kills a pile of noobs causing his SL to go red and ALSO dies from his own barrel.

*hax* Mmm multiple slotted rares

AHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

0wn3d! :D

PPUs should never try to be APU, they just suck at that :lol:

mwahahahahahahahahaha he was SO pissed that he lost the stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flea
20-11-03, 00:18
I found a mc5 hawking chip next to the gogu in plaza 1, 10 million for that hazaa!

Nightbrother
20-11-03, 00:47
My best find was 167 of Alex's dogtags in a box near the GR at OZ:Subway. I sold them to someone (dont remember who) for 1337 credits. :D

RuButt
20-11-03, 18:11
lol.. me and a m8 saw 3 red sl ppl at teh crahn church

we gots:

2slot ultimated RoG (1 slot free)
2 slot RoG - all free
1slot xray CS - Perfect

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 20:01
mmmh.

I remember from various belt hacking, I got 1 5 slot pain easer, 1 5 slot DoY raygun, 1 level 2 tank PA, 1 5 slot long laserblade II, and um... various stuff.

|R@zor|
20-11-03, 20:36
On saturn i hacked a 2 slot FA from a belt in viarosso 2

The first time i started on pluto i just genrepped to my apartment from MC5, completely flat broke, stepped out of my apartment and found a 2 slot Beam of hell on the ground, sold it for 2 mill

:)

VictorKruger
20-11-03, 23:30
My best find is this thread that has been somehow gone undetected for 2 days now because i orginally posted on this thread over 2 months ago.

The dead live and no one will put an end to this rezzed thread. :D :p

Oath
20-11-03, 23:36
My luckiest find,

was my sanity.

NeoChick
21-11-03, 00:41
I have never found anything but lost a lot when I put things in boxes for my alter to pick up whilst I log

So I must be the cause of a lot of 'lucky' finds

Also I never hack belts

I won't start hacking belts but from now on I will check boxes occasionally perhaps I'll get lucky too one day

Zanathos
21-11-03, 01:50
4 Rare Parts in a Warbot.

2 L's
1 T
1 E

I havent been lucky enough to find anything special or get anything special from people though.

DarkPhoenix
21-11-03, 02:14
Found 3 E's on a doomie yesterday...

Spoon
21-11-03, 04:05
I looted a Filter Heart 2 from a Terror Raptor a few days ago......

First one ever!!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneone

:)

boone
21-11-03, 04:06
i found a woman with no vd! \o/

NeoChick
21-11-03, 06:40
What's a 'vd'?

Nvidia
21-11-03, 06:43
Possibly..... a venereal disease? :p

NeoChick
21-11-03, 07:02
Ah thanks, I am so hopeless with abbreviations

wolfwood
21-11-03, 07:06
i have found so many good things in belts and on ground, one i can remember is a 3 slot hl that i sold ( found it in aggies).

KRIMINAL99
21-11-03, 07:15
Originally posted by darkservent
TL150 research TOOL in a Box in P3 next to HEW. Cryton qual!!

YOU BASTARD THAT WAS MINE WAS TRYING TO XFER BETWEEN CHARS DAMN YOU PEE DAAAWWWG!!!11111one + one = three

just kidding but people really do that alot im sure thats what happened...

@ wolfwold.. Yeah thats great.. God forbid the dude who actually killed a capped APU get his reward.. :rolleyes: Not faulting you just hate the system....

LVirus
21-11-03, 08:49
I understand this is problem in multichar servers but comoon people, go to your apartments, drop stuff to GROUND there (In apartments, stuff can be on ground for weeks) and pick it up. Its 99.95% secure transfer compared to "lucky found @ box" style. Or you can fire up 2 clients and log 2 chars on .. no wait, you can do that only in Pluto/Jupiter :D :lol: :lol: :angel:

Al3X
21-11-03, 13:24
+1 soz

Al3X
21-11-03, 13:26
it was in an op fight, some [insert bad words here] thought he was god and started attacking us with a doombeamer... unlucky for him he hitted the yo fools to so his SL dropped.... my uberdroner (baabahahahahmuhahahah :rolleyes:) killed him and i found: doombeamer 3 slot, marine cpu (how the fuck did that got there O_o), CS 2 slot, exp foot, gatlin 3 slot.
i was happy..
he wasnt :lol:

El_MUERkO
21-11-03, 14:05
Hacked a load of good stuff from belts at MB in my time, alot of Doombeamers, I'm guessing people had their CSs in their safe slots.

Was given 1.7 mil my a runner on satrun for helping to hunt warbots, it was fun cause we died alot and got pk'd :D

Found rare parts and vasious nice implants in crates all over the wastelands, like someone said I guess people must of been overloaded or though to store the stuff their and then got killed.

CarniFlex
21-11-03, 14:42
A black dragon dying at mb gave me his psi core then logged off... Never seen him again since then.

CrazyMan
21-11-03, 16:05
Heh, I've had pretty nice findings lately ;)

couple of WB's with 4 tech parts!
a doomreaper with 5 tech parts!!! I nearly felt out of my chair when I saw it!

and the best....two filter heart's 2 from a terror leaper - it's pretty hard to get hands on one and to get two is ONOZ!!!!

loads of rares in boxes, I transfer a lot of stuff between my chars, so I know the risk, but never lost anything, maybe pure luck ;)

cheereo!

Candaman
21-11-03, 17:13
Originally posted by Oath
My luckiest find,

was my sanity.

lost it again though ain't ya

slaughteruall
21-11-03, 21:19
Once found a red SL APU fighting DOY's. Killed him hacked a HL/FA and a PA2. Not a bad day really. It was a junk HL but good for MC5 use.

Slaughter

Psyco Groupie
21-11-03, 21:42
heh ...

while i was leveling my apu monk I found the first PA then later I found the second too .. and if you think their yours .. unlucky :P

a warbot dropped 4 techs once too :P

J. Folsom
21-11-03, 21:45
My best find was 200 unslotted Fire Beams just lieing on the ground outside of the subway in Plaza 1, after the half hour long trek to the Yakarma's there it did get me about 200k, which was neat.

Oath
21-11-03, 21:53
Originally posted by Candaman
lost it again though ain't ya

I never said i kept it MUAHUAHUHAH.

Samhain
11-01-04, 22:41
a single doomreaper dropped 1xE, 2xT, 1xL rareparts last night

VictorKruger
11-01-04, 22:45
:eek: twice this thread has been rezzed, now this has been been my definate luckiest find. :eek:

Tratos
11-01-04, 23:14
will this thread finaly find somthing unlucky?

such as DUN DUN DUN

NIDS CLOSED HAMM0r!!!1111oneone

~T

Drake6k
11-01-04, 23:20
May as well post this here now :D

I found 256 rhino keys in a box in plaza 2 yos. Thats around 33 million cr I think. Gave some back to DarK (old clan) think I got ripped off though, anways that's behind me. Still have these:

http://www.rcmaxx.com/godly.jpg

Yes I am THE luckiest person in neocron.

Rade
11-01-04, 23:27
Well, who wouldnt want to own their own army of tanks :D

shodanjr_gr
12-01-04, 00:47
Originally posted by Drake6k
May as well post this here now :D

I found 256 rhino keys in a box in plaza 2 yos. Thats around 33 million cr I think. Gave some back to DarK (old clan) think I got ripped off though, anways that's behind me. Still have these:

http://www.rcmaxx.com/godly.jpg

Yes I am THE luckiest person in neocron.

Care to spare 10 or so??? :)

icarium
12-01-04, 00:56
shodan, clicking cancel doesnt work all my stuff will go :(